In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-26 Smokescreen

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-26 Smokescreen

Wednesday, November 21st, 2012 8:16AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 19,881

Courtesy of the ameblo blog we have our first in-hand images of Takara Tomy's Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-26 Smokescreen. The figure is a repaint/remold of AM-13 Medic Knockout with new head and Arms Micron. Without his stickers the figure is virtually a blank slate! Check out the images mirrored below.

Credit(s): ameblo blog, daimchoc

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-26 Smokescreen (1441295)
Posted by rpetras on November 21st, 2012 @ 8:42am CST
Kinda disappointing.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-26 Smokescreen (1441297)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 21st, 2012 @ 8:52am CST
Am I seeing this wrong, or does S.2 have the designation M-28 on his mold tree? That's weird, that number should be for Shining R.A., even though R.A. himself is M-04. :-?
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-26 Smokescreen (1441302)
Posted by gantzrunner on November 21st, 2012 @ 9:08am CST
I have been resisting the urge to complain about arms micron figures...but this is pretty much a new low, even for this line. If I can barely justify what I pay for hasbro tfs these days, the LAST thing I'm going to do is import an unfinished figure! This isn't a kabaya kit! And an unfinished micron isn't much of a draw for me, and in my opinion the armada minicons were designed far better than these. I think I will finish off the last few figures that appeal to me in general (like rumble) and then move on, instead of completing my Prime collection. From junk molds like weaponizers, to bad decisions like no US Breakdown ( again, I am not gonna import him in his unfinished state, and that's part of my decision to dust this line), and finally to takara cheaping out on quality (which blows my mind as I have been importing figures just BECAUSE they are superior paint-wise), this line has become my second least liked in the history of transformers ( dotm is number 1, worst line EVER). Whoever made the decision to step away from the direction they were headed with the 1st editions should be banned from the industry. While some of the rid line figure look great, too many other characters suffered bad designs.
:BOOM:
OK, I have ranted enough, that was building up for a few months
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-26 Smokescreen (1441304)
Posted by craggy on November 21st, 2012 @ 9:28am CST
someone should knock up a set of police stickers.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-26 Smokescreen (1441307)
Posted by PaxCybertron82 on November 21st, 2012 @ 9:35am CST
Isn't he supposed to be...you know....white? Making him silvery grey really takes away from the character design.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-26 Smokescreen (1441320)
Posted by PrymeStriker on November 21st, 2012 @ 10:14am CST
Craaap! Why does this actually look decent to me!? What is wrong with me!?

I'll give you a chance, Smokes. If Hasbro doesn't give you a new mold (or at least try to put wings on you) I'll import you. Sound fair?
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-26 Smokescreen (1441325)
Posted by Sodan-1 on November 21st, 2012 @ 10:40am CST
Wow! No. Someone should probably tell Takara Tomy that they're shipping out prototypes.

I love Smokescreen, and this doesn't even come close to doing him justice. Uber pass.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-26 Smokescreen (1441336)
Posted by RAcast on November 21st, 2012 @ 11:02am CST
That's astoundingly awful. It's like they didn't even try.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-26 Smokescreen (1441350)
Posted by robofinch on November 21st, 2012 @ 12:00pm CST
Poor, poor Smokescreen.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-26 Smokescreen (1441354)
Posted by MGrotusque on November 21st, 2012 @ 12:18pm CST
Ouch! what a half assed effort. Smokescreen is a good character worthy of better.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-26 Smokescreen (1441360)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 21st, 2012 @ 12:30pm CST
I'm not sure if it was Hasbro's original intention to release Smokescreen as a Knockout repaint, it all depends if that head is a pretool (or pre-planned) or not. Maybe he started out a Knock Out KO, but his model was tweaked further down the line. Definitely worth asking.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-26 Smokescreen (1441362)
Posted by Xephon0930 on November 21st, 2012 @ 12:31pm CST
So Smokescreen is a crappy Knockout remold. Weak.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-26 Smokescreen (1441381)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on November 21st, 2012 @ 1:17pm CST
Anyone else notice how his micron's head looks like Devcon?
But damn, one of the most liked characters in the show (Knockout) gets a bad mold. A new character who people are liking gets the exact same bad mold despite the fact that he doesn't look like that in the show.
In other words I've stopped collecting Prime
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-26 Smokescreen (1441384)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on November 21st, 2012 @ 1:21pm CST
Why didn't they retool his shoulders? They have no purpose other than to be detail, so why didn't they retool them to look like Bumblebee's shoulders? I don't think it would be difficult
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-26 Smokescreen (1441400)
Posted by skymagnus12 on November 21st, 2012 @ 2:19pm CST
i think bumblebee would have made a better reapint for this guy. And i think im gonna need to paint him white before putting on the stickers
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-26 Smokescreen (1441402)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 21st, 2012 @ 2:22pm CST
Easy pass for me. The character doesn't look really look like Knockout in the show, and the almost complete lack of paint in vehicle mode just kills it. I hope Takara's take on Frenzy/Rumble turns out better than this.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-26 Smokescreen (1441405)
Posted by PrymeStriker on November 21st, 2012 @ 2:34pm CST
Give him door-wings, put his "chest pieces" where Knock Out's instructions tell you to and retool the arms and you've got a perfect Smokescreen. He's not drastically different from Knock Out.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-26 Smokescreen (1441431)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on November 21st, 2012 @ 3:51pm CST
Another effect of the detail-less plastic is that I'm not sure what he and Knock-Out are doing in pic#14...

...and that's the only thing amusing about this failed attempt at a Smokescreen toy. This might be acceptable as a Botcon exclusive representation of an obscure and/or made-up-for-the-con character, but as the main TF line's toy for an important Autobot on a show with such a limited cast? Suddenly, Airachnid looks SO damn good, I feel like canvassing all 5 Aldis in my neighborhood for an army of her.

Unless maybe Reprolabels can salvage this mess? We'll have to wait and see if Hasbro does any better, but with their history of using darker colors where Takara uses white since the days of Tigatron, I'm wondering if their version will be a lustrous cigarette-filter shade of tan. Y'know, cuz he's SMOKEscreen; screw show-accuracy!
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-26 Smokescreen (1441473)
Posted by xyl360 on November 21st, 2012 @ 5:47pm CST
His head and stickers will be mine (for my custom/kitbash Smokescreen :P).
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-26 Smokescreen (1441481)
Posted by Arctorro on November 21st, 2012 @ 6:53pm CST
Gotta say, I'm impressed, didn't think Takara could do it.

They took the worst mold in the line and made it even worse! :shock:

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem