In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Aces

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Aces

Sunday, December 23rd, 2012 1:49AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 24,010

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The Hobbybase facebook page has shared some in-hand images of Takara Tomy's Transformers United Seekes: Aces box set. The set includes redecos of the Classics universe mold Seekers Starscream, Skywarp, and Thundercracker featuring metallic paint apps and collectors packaging. Check out the images we've mirrored below.

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers Box Sets

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers Box Sets

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers Box Sets

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers Box Sets

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers Box Sets

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers Box Sets

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers Box Sets

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers Box Sets

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers Box Sets

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers Box Sets

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers Box Sets

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers Box Sets

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers Box Sets

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers Box Sets

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers Box Sets

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers Box Sets
Credit(s): Hobbybase
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Aces (1448678)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on December 23rd, 2012 @ 3:14am CST
*sighs*

Ok, I guess I have no choice but to grab these guys, seeing as how my Classics Starscream is turning to crap and I never got the chance to get Skywarp and Thundercracker.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Aces (1448680)
Posted by robotmel on December 23rd, 2012 @ 3:30am CST

"Oh my!"
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Aces (1448686)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on December 23rd, 2012 @ 4:07am CST
robotmel wrote:
"Oh my!"



Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Aces (1448690)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on December 23rd, 2012 @ 4:29am CST
Oh my indeed!! Seems to me of the 3 Skywarp's paint aps are richer and bold looking IMO. I think as these become available on ebay someone is bound to separate the set then I'll be able to pick up this great looking Skywarp. :VEHI:
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Aces (1448702)
Posted by robotmel on December 23rd, 2012 @ 6:20am CST
:D
I still need a Classics Skywarp and a Ramjet!

Of all the reused molds this Seeker one covers a whole load of characters. Well done Hasbro! ;)

Starscream, Thundercracker, Dirge, Thrust all accounted for plus Acid storm and an old CHMS yellow Rainmaker/possible Sunstorm clone?

Still wished they had made this mold slightly larger, just a touch. :-?

Wasnt there a blue dude in the storyline called Ice Storm or was he just fanfiction/customs? :???:
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Aces (1448710)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on December 23rd, 2012 @ 6:40am CST
I keep going back and forth on whether I should get the set. I've been wanting to get a complete set of seekers for my neo-G1 collection, but I don't know if I should save the cash for Takara's inevitable version 2 MP Skywarp and Thundercracker.

The classics deluxe sizes don't scale so well with MP-10 Optimus.

I like these, but arm articulation sucks with the nul-rays attached.

Currently I've only got Generations Thundercracker.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Aces (1448715)
Posted by robotmel on December 23rd, 2012 @ 7:13am CST
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:...but I don't know if I should save the cash for Takara's inevitable version 2 MP Skywarp and Thundercracker.


With the US retail version of new-mold V2 Thundercracker doing the rounds, it would be very lazy but inevitable of Takara/Hasbro to put out MP Skywarp again. Shame they dont put out the Coneheads.
Where the iGear Coneheads the exact same scale/height as the Hasbro ones? :???:
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Aces (1448718)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on December 23rd, 2012 @ 7:39am CST
robotmel wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:...but I don't know if I should save the cash for Takara's inevitable version 2 MP Skywarp and Thundercracker.


With the US retail version of new-mold V2 Thundercracker doing the rounds, it would be very lazy but inevitable of Takara/Hasbro to put out MP Skywarp again. Shame they dont put out the Coneheads.
Where the iGear Coneheads the exact same scale/height as the Hasbro ones? :???:


I'm worried that with Hasbro's release of MP Thundercracker, Takara might skip him. Hopefully Takara will release all three V2 MP seekers. The local TRU sucks, and the wasn't a single Hasbro MP Thindercracker in sight.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Aces (1448719)
Posted by Dyn@mo on December 23rd, 2012 @ 8:17am CST
What's with the horrible cheap looking grey plastic on Starscream?
His wings, arms and legs look like they're made of old soap.
Soapscream.

Thundercracker looks good.

Don't like the use of purple on Skywarp.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Aces (1448721)
Posted by Powered Convoy on December 23rd, 2012 @ 8:35am CST
I posted a much better gallery of these figures here days ago and they go ignored. Images from somewhere else days later and much worse, don't? ):(

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 631&type=3



Randy
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Aces (1448750)
Posted by superchook6909 on December 23rd, 2012 @ 11:43am CST
Tell Skywarp to close his Boobiemissiles. lol
I have all Classic/Generations Seekers through Retail.
Both Starscreams.
Skywarp without the Decepticon emblem.
And Thundercracker with the emblem reversed.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Aces (1448761)
Posted by DinobotSix on December 23rd, 2012 @ 12:26pm CST
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:I'm worried that with Hasbro's release of MP Thundercracker, Takara might skip him. Hopefully Takara will release all three V2 MP seekers. The local TRU sucks, and the wasn't a single Hasbro MP Thindercracker in sight.


My local TRU has like 10 'crackers on the shelf. No MP10 Primes though...=(

They'll probably be dumping them next month on ebay or what not.
I guess nobody but me was crazy enough to spend $75 on a present for their nephew! =D
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Aces (1448847)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on December 23rd, 2012 @ 7:57pm CST
DinobotSix wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:I'm worried that with Hasbro's release of MP Thundercracker, Takara might skip him. Hopefully Takara will release all three V2 MP seekers. The local TRU sucks, and the wasn't a single Hasbro MP Thindercracker in sight.


My local TRU has like 10 'crackers on the shelf. No MP10 Primes though...=(

They'll probably be dumping them next month on ebay or what not.
I guess nobody but me was crazy enough to spend $75 on a present for their nephew! =D


My local TRU doesn't bring in MP anything. All my MP TF's have to be purchased at a hobby store that sells Japanese imports.

Man, you're possibly one of the coolest uncles in the world!
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Aces (1448874)
Posted by Rated X on December 23rd, 2012 @ 10:23pm CST
Im good with my Henkei versions. The purple on skywarp just looks wrong. They should have went with a lighter shade of purple to match the fists. Plus I hate those backwards faction symbols. Upside down in robot mode, backwards in jet mode, whats the freakin point ???
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Aces (1448877)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 23rd, 2012 @ 10:27pm CST
Rated X wrote:Im good with my Henkei versions. The purple on skywarp just looks wrong. They should have went with a lighter shade of purple to match the fists.
It's due to mixture of the lighting and the arms being metallic paint rather than flat paint.

Rated X wrote:Plus I hate those backwards faction symbols. Upside down in robot mode, backwards in jet mode, whats the freakin point ???
Show-accuracy. That's how they were on the animation models.

And they're like that on the Henkei! Henkei! versions too.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Aces (1448879)
Posted by Rated X on December 23rd, 2012 @ 10:40pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:Im good with my Henkei versions. The purple on skywarp just looks wrong. They should have went with a lighter shade of purple to match the fists.
It's due to mixture of the lighting and the arms being metallic paint rather than flat paint.

Rated X wrote:Plus I hate those backwards faction symbols. Upside down in robot mode, backwards in jet mode, whats the freakin point ???
Show-accuracy. That's how they were on the animation models.

And they're like that on the Henkei! Henkei! versions too.



They could have found a lighter metallic purple paint. How hard could it be ? Just keep mixing and matching until you get the perfect shade. Or they could have made the purple plastic darker if working with chrome paint is really that hard. 3rd parties dont seem to have a hard time matching Has/Tak colors for add on sets.

On the faction symbols, I know it's cartoon accurate. But it's also pointless. What were the G1 animators thinking when they did that ? Did they even look at the toys back in 1984 ?
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Aces (1448891)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 23rd, 2012 @ 11:30pm CST
Rated X wrote:They could have found a lighter metallic purple paint. How hard could it be ? Just keep mixing and matching until you get the perfect shade. Or they could have made the purple plastic darker if working with chrome paint is really that hard. 3rd parties dont seem to have a hard time matching Has/Tak colors for add on sets.
Again, it's probably due in part to the lighting of these pics. I've seen other gallery images of this set in which each part of the arms all look the same color shade.

Rated X wrote:On the faction symbols, I know it's cartoon accurate. But it's also pointless. What were the G1 animators thinking when they did that ? Did they even look at the toys back in 1984 ?
I'm looking this up for ya, as i'm sure there's some reason for it. ;)
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Aces (1448908)
Posted by DinobotSix on December 24th, 2012 @ 1:05am CST
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:My local TRU doesn't bring in MP anything. All my MP TF's have to be purchased at a hobby store that sells Japanese imports.


Interesting to note that the other 2 closest TRU stores have ZERO MP Thundercrackers, combined.
I've no idea why the one store has 10 while the other two have zero, but of the 3, the one with 10 of 'em IS in a wealthier area.
That's the only reasoning I can come up with.

Have you tried searching on TRU's website? You can locate a toy at another store and have it shipped for FREE to your local store and even
buy it online to pick up later at that store.

Maybe by doing so, that would also tip their management/purchasing that there's interest in the masterpiece level TFs for customers of that location.

------------

Getting back to the topic at hand though...I like this set, myself.
The box art is GLORIOUS! :D
It's a good way to pick up a nice matching set, even if Skywarp does look a bit off.
Personally, I don't mind the purple nearly as much as the bulky null-ray cannons.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Aces (1448914)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on December 24th, 2012 @ 1:46am CST
DinobotSix wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:My local TRU doesn't bring in MP anything. All my MP TF's have to be purchased at a hobby store that sells Japanese imports.


Interesting to note that the other 2 closest TRU stores have ZERO MP Thundercrackers, combined.
I've no idea why the one store has 10 while the other two have zero, but of the 3, the one with 10 of 'em IS in a wealthier area.
That's the only reasoning I can come up with.

Have you tried searching on TRU's website? You can locate a toy at another store and have it shipped for FREE to your local store and even
buy it online to pick up later at that store.

Maybe by doing so, that would also tip their management/purchasing that there's interest in the masterpiece level TFs for customers of that location.


Sorry I forgot to mention this, but I'm living in Malaysia. No online purchasing services for TRU's here.

There's a healthy number of hobby stores here that carry both Hasbro and Takara stuff, but almost all MP's are Takara, as they are generally more popular. In the past, Hasbro MP's tend to have stuff like G1 sticker homages, battle damage and weathering, which most collectors don't like.

The recent Hasbro MP-10 and Thundercracker have eschewed the usual BD and weathering (thought the tampos on TC are kind weird), but the trend of importing only Takara MP's doesn't seem to have changed.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers United Seekers: Aces (1448955)
Posted by STngAR on December 24th, 2012 @ 8:14am CST
These sets are good if you missed out on the first ones. I can pass on the shiny. The packaging is cool though. :MAXIMAL:

Ending Soon On eBay

Hasbro Transformers Generations 2014 Voyager Wave 1 RHINOX. Available Now! - Time Remaining: 7 days 6 hours 8 seconds
Transformers Armada Max-Con Autobot Powerlinx Red Alert (2003). INCOMPLETE! - Time Remaining: 6 days 22 hours 15 minutes 57 seconds
NEW Transformers cybertron Action Figure Voyager Scourge + Syber Plant Key Rare! - Time Remaining: 5 days 21 hours 48 minutes 8 seconds
New Transformers Cloud 9 Toy W-01 Quakeblast Shockwave G1 Style Figure In Stock - Time Remaining: 6 days 14 hours 29 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Voyager Autobot CD Scattorshot (2005). INCOMPLETE! - Time Remaining: 7 days 1 hour 7 minutes 11 seconds
Takara Transformers Music Label Soundwave MP3 Player Figure (Spark Black Ver.) - Time Remaining: 7 days 3 hours 40 minutes 34 seconds
New Transformers Takara Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime + Coin Box Set 80's Gift - Time Remaining: 6 days 4 hours 27 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers Age of Extinction AOE Movie AD11 AD-11 Dispensor Japan ONLY NEW - Time Remaining: 8 days 1 minute 33 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive
Twincast / Podcast #149:
"Titans Arrive"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, July 10th, 2016