In-Hand Images: TFSS Slipstream

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: TFSS Slipstream

Thursday, July 4th, 2013 3:48PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 26,217

Courtesy of TFW2005 user Jigga we have in-hand images of the TFSS figure Slipstream, a redeco Transformers Prime First Edition Starscream with a newly sculpted head. According to the poster a few of these have found their way to market in China, so don't get too excited and expect this figure to show up in your mailbox anytime soon.

Note the figure's polybag plainly states "BOTCON 2013', which backs up what we were told during the TFCC panel regarding the TFSS delay. They stated during the panel that there was some miscommunication with the manufacturer. The factory was under the impression that the TFSS figures were to be released at BotCon 2013, and thus why they were in no hurry to get the figures shipped to TFCC. They assured us during the panel that this has been straightened out, and this should not be an issue for next year's TFSS 2.0. We've mirrored a trio of images below, the rest can be found by clicking here.

In-Hand Images: TFSS Slipstream

In-Hand Images: TFSS Slipstream

In-Hand Images: TFSS Slipstream
Credit(s): TFW2005 user Jigga
Re: In-Hand Images: TFSS Slipstream (1500754)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 4th, 2013 @ 4:07pm CDT
10/10 would repurpose as Generation One Slipstream. :x

Absolutely love Slipstream. She and Scourge are the winners of this year's TFSS group.
Re: In-Hand Images: TFSS Slipstream (1500759)
Posted by Mkall on July 4th, 2013 @ 4:15pm CDT
That is much cooler than I feared she would be. I'll be keeping this one on my shelf beside Lockdown and Lugnut.
Re: In-Hand Images: TFSS Slipstream (1500761)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on July 4th, 2013 @ 4:19pm CDT
Post-op Slipstream :lol:
I hope we eventually get a real Slipstream.
Re: In-Hand Images: TFSS Slipstream (1500763)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on July 4th, 2013 @ 4:24pm CDT
my god her face is hideous :SICK:
Re: In-Hand Images: TFSS Slipstream (1500772)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 4th, 2013 @ 4:55pm CDT
Needs more "lipstick".
Re: In-Hand Images: TFSS Slipstream (1500778)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 4th, 2013 @ 5:25pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images: TFSS Slipstream (1500779)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on July 4th, 2013 @ 5:37pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:I wanted to like this figure, i really did; it's slipstream for god's sake, but this, this is just terrible. Funpub really just painted themselves into a corner on this figure. As horrible as it sounds, I dare say the FE starscream is seriously misused in its use for the figure, due to it's physique. (buy your torches and pitch forks here.) Although FE starscream has stilettos for feet, his willowy physique doesn't necessarily translate to femininity. No i'm not one of those who thinks all gynoids should have double D's, however a slightly more feminine structure is more suited for slipstream. Prime starscream isnt actually that feminine, his shoulders are high, he's hunched over, he's built like a willowy man, rather than a willowy woman. Granted it wouldn't be possible for a club figure to completely remold a figure, which is why I wish Has/Tak actually made a new figure for the character, but i digress. Also the new head sculpt manages to make her look more masculine compared to TF primes starscream's gaunt features. Also her face looks like it keeps doing this -3-

Hahaha @ -3-. But yes, you hit the nail on the ugly head.
Re: In-Hand Images: TFSS Slipstream (1500780)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 4th, 2013 @ 5:42pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:Hahaha @ -3-. But yes, you hit the nail on the ugly head.

I guess Slipstream had allot of botox and half it wore out on one side. :lol:
Re: In-Hand Images: TFSS Slipstream (1500782)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 4th, 2013 @ 5:52pm CDT
There's something off about that as a female, and I can't quite place it. I can accept Strika out of Warpath and Crasher (Fracture?) out of Mirage, but there's something missing out of Slipstream here. I think it may have something to do with the face, like too long of a chin or too awkward of an expression or still looking to similar to Starscream or something.
Re: In-Hand Images: TFSS Slipstream (1500783)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 4th, 2013 @ 6:02pm CDT

Re: In-Hand Images: TFSS Slipstream (1500784)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 4th, 2013 @ 6:06pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:From Allspark.com, a Photoshop that shortens her chin and gives her black lips:

See if that were the head sculpt, i would start to consider shelling out 100 bones plus for this figure, but alas it's not.
Re: In-Hand Images: TFSS Slipstream (1500785)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on July 4th, 2013 @ 6:17pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:From Allspark.com, a Photoshop that shortens her chin, widens her head overall, and gives her black lips:

Re: In-Hand Images: TFSS Slipstream (1500787)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 4th, 2013 @ 6:26pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:That is a million times better. But the body still doesn't click for me. She needs to have a chest thats angled outwards from the neck. Starscream's chest is too caved in. I dare say that even with the old (current) head, if the chest was a bit more lady-like, it would help a ton. It's why I think Fracture(Mirage) doesn't work, but Strika (Warpath) does. Even Rip-claw; There's nothing really female about her at all, especially in the face, and yet I can buy that she's a she, and I attribute that to her having some form of chest... and a narrow'ish waist doesn't hurt much either.
This better?

There were more pics from the TFW2005 thread not mirrored here.
Re: In-Hand Images: TFSS Slipstream (1500788)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on July 4th, 2013 @ 6:31pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:This better?

Aye, thats much better. If it had that photoshopped head, my complaints would be reduced to 0.

Even though I would still prefer more bustiness.
Re: In-Hand Images: TFSS Slipstream (1500789)
Posted by SentinelA on July 4th, 2013 @ 6:32pm CDT
$99 on BBTS. Kinda of expensive for me but I would like one
Re: In-Hand Images: TFSS Slipstream (1500794)
Posted by Mkall on July 4th, 2013 @ 7:38pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:Even though I would still prefer more bustiness.

Ain't that true for most men?
Re: In-Hand Images: TFSS Slipstream (1500797)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on July 4th, 2013 @ 7:47pm CDT
Mkall wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:Even though I would still prefer more bustiness.

Ain't that true for most men?

My answer is... http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b201/ReyReyM/psc/Bouncy.gif
Re: In-Hand Images: TFSS Slipstream (1500801)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on July 4th, 2013 @ 8:32pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:

Here's hoping some 3rd party makes that head a reality.

To make the Slipstream I REALLY want, however, Hasbro needs to expand the trend of enlarged Legends that just started with Beast Hunters and give us a 3X of Activators Starscream repainted into Animated Slipstream. Well, they'd have to remold her head and wings too, but it'd at least be different enough from the Voyager mold to start with.
Re: In-Hand Images: TFSS Slipstream (1500805)
Posted by Metrosuplex on July 4th, 2013 @ 9:11pm CDT

Pretty much sums it up for me.

Although, I would like to add how confusing it is to use SS body as both "male" and "female". He already looked somewhat feminine... making him into Slipstream just begs for a cross-gender fanfiction! :shock: :SICK: :shock:

I get they're "robots" and not anatomical... but I'd still like to jump on the "let's make em a little more female, please" bandwagon. It's not giant boobs that make a bot feminine, so let's not let disagreements turn stupid. :roll:
Re: In-Hand Images: TFSS Slipstream (1500807)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 4th, 2013 @ 9:19pm CDT
I still want the toy, regardless. Why? Because the mold itself is GLORIOUS! I LOVE the FE Starscream mold. I even bought it six times over as the same character (so, no Arms Micron Skywarp or Thundercracker... yet) just to use as Starscream and his five one-episode clones. 8)

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #142 - Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One
"Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One"
Posted: Sunday, April 17th, 2016