In-Hand Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Hound and Weapons

Transformers News: In-Hand Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Hound and Weapons

Tuesday, May 13th, 2014 3:42PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News, People News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 22,207

After the Voyager Galvatron review, here's a very quick look at the other Voyager figure from the Transformers: Age of Extinction first wave, courtesy of YouTube reviewer Peaugh's Twitter feed: Autobot Hound! Check out the robot mode in the images below, and the actually amazingly combining and storing weapons.

Credit(s): Peaugh
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Hound and Weapons (1573630)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on May 13th, 2014 @ 3:48pm CDT
Wish he was fatter.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Hound and Weapons (1573633)
Posted by Siger on May 13th, 2014 @ 3:56pm CDT
Might as well buy Hound only for all those cool weapons. The arms are horrible looking. Something like Stretch Armstrong and an accordion had a baby Hound. :roll:
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Hound and Weapons (1573634)
Posted by Delta Magnus on May 13th, 2014 @ 3:56pm CDT
Oh mygod Hound looks absolutely boss. I need this guy.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Hound and Weapons (1573635)
Posted by DoctorOblivian on May 13th, 2014 @ 3:59pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Hound and Weapons (1573636)
Posted by william-james88 on May 13th, 2014 @ 4:01pm CDT
DoctorOblivian wrote:so, ill be needing like 2 of this guy as well as every freaking repaint that comes out of him... heres hoping for a generations repaint, like an Ironhide or something with a new head. GOD this figure looks friggin amazing.

Defiantely my favourite voyager of this lot so far. I love weapon storage in robot mode (like generations drift). This is a pretty kickass figure.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Hound and Weapons (1573638)
Posted by Siger on May 13th, 2014 @ 4:10pm CDT
KirbyForce1 wrote:Wish he was fatter.

You mean wish he was more beefcake? I'm sure you don't want to see a huge beer gut and rolls of fat on this guy like 36% of Americans. :lol:
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Hound and Weapons (1573640)
Posted by craggy on May 13th, 2014 @ 4:12pm CDT

Baltmatrix Hound review
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Hound and Weapons (1573642)
Posted by Va'al on May 13th, 2014 @ 4:22pm CDT
And it wasn't long until we got a video review for Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager class Autobot Hound too, once again from YouTube reviewer Baltmatrix, and thanks to Seibertron.com user craggy for the pointer! Check out the video embedded below, the images we posted earlier, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub.

Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Hound and Weapons (1573645)
Posted by ILL-Star on May 13th, 2014 @ 4:28pm CDT
Great to see that Hound is really good. I've been looking forward to getting him more than the other voyagers. All of those weapons are an absolute plus and it doesn't look like they take away from the size of the figure either. Hopefully I can see some comparison images for height soon.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Hound and Weapons (1573646)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on May 13th, 2014 @ 4:29pm CDT
Siger wrote:
KirbyForce1 wrote:Wish he was fatter.

I do actually, because that's how he looks in the movie.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Hound and Weapons (1573648)
Posted by craggy on May 13th, 2014 @ 4:30pm CDT

Haven't been too excited about this movie line apart from the Dinos and a few of the old repaints, but this is one I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for. Possibly best of the line?
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Hound and Weapons (1573651)
Posted by Diem on May 13th, 2014 @ 4:34pm CDT
So for anyone who has Deluxe Crosshairs, where THE HELL are his rubber flaps meant to go in car mode? The instructions suggest that they should go behind his body but they get smooshed when you try to fold his shoulders in.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Hound and Weapons (1573652)
Posted by Wageboo on May 13th, 2014 @ 4:36pm CDT
"A weapon packed john goodman"
Ironically, John Goodman's his voice actor.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Hound and Weapons (1573653)
Posted by craggy on May 13th, 2014 @ 4:38pm CDT
Wageboo wrote:"A weapon packed john goodman"
Ironically, John Goodman's his voice actor.

Probably not ironically.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Hound and Weapons (1573662)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on May 13th, 2014 @ 4:58pm CDT
Hound looks awesome, but holy moly those hands! :shock:

Galvy's a shellformer, however the engineer is ingenious and much better than those two leader class Prime's.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Hound and Weapons (1573664)
Posted by Va'al on May 13th, 2014 @ 5:00pm CDT
craggy wrote:I'll be all over that [strike]Bulkhead[/strike] Hound when I see it in shops. I like it so much I'm tempted to order online. The alt mode is decent, the transformation is pretty nice (the best I've seen from AOE yet, and nicer than a lot of Generations too) and the bot mode is equal parts chunky and funky. The pics of the weapons sold me on buying the thing, even if it was poop, just for the guns, but seeing the bot in more detail has me really excited for him. Not too keen on the rubber arms or head, hopefully they'll hold up, or if they don't maybe we can get replacements from somewhere (or maybe something to make him a different character? I'd love a Bulkhead head) but the rest of the toy is golden.

I have to agree, that is an ingenious simplified transformation. Virtually no kibble in either mode (though you can see the legs in vehicle mode), the chest is amazing, SO MANY WEAPONS, the aesthetics would make it fit in with Generations, potentially, it.. works. For me, at least. :D
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Hound and Weapons (1573666)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on May 13th, 2014 @ 5:10pm CDT
I wonder why Hound's knife doesn't have a place for storage in vehicle mode. I'm just going to assume that it's laziness. #-o
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Hound and Weapons (1573681)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 13th, 2014 @ 6:09pm CDT
Just saw the Galvatron video review. Sure, it
But.

The engeneering is BRILLIANT! It the first time a shelformer impress me that much. Also, MODDA FAWKING FLAT NOSE TRUCK! I was really disapointed that there were no truck duel in DOTM between Optimus and Megs. This time, let
I dunno if I
---------------------

As for hound... I think I will not be able to wait until the thing come out in stores. I WANT IT RIGHT NAO!
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Hound and Weapons (1573692)
Posted by Diem on May 13th, 2014 @ 7:24pm CDT
I'm digging that Hound. A good example of how a transformation can be simple but good at the same time. Excellent array of weapons too. Shame about the Duck Dynasty head, but what you gonna do? I already ordered this guy from HTS.

I just got Crosshairs, Slug and Scorn in the mail (ordered them Sunday night, Amazon is VERY quick when you live in L.A.). Crosshairs has a frustrating transformation due to his stupid rubber flaps but it's nice that he comes with three guns and appropriate stowing spaces, his car mode is very pretty, and his robot mode is decent enough.

Slug and Scorn are both great. I dig that the medieval appearance on their robot modes makes them look distinctive and different, but not obnoxiously so. Their dino modes are great too, very fearsome and organic.
Re: In-Hand Images - Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Hound and Weapons (1573696)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on May 13th, 2014 @ 7:37pm CDT
I may also wait for Takara's version of Galvatron, if there will be one. Even if I buy it, I'll probably keep it in truck mode. The robot mode doesn't impress me, but that truck mode is boss.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering