Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxes, Evasion Optimus Prime, Voyager Grimlock

Monday, March 31st, 2014 9:35AM CDT

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 32,347

Seibertron.com staff member Autobot032 and user GuyIncognito have both spotted some newsworthy images across the internet of some of the new Transformers: Age of Extinction toys - namely the Deluxe wave 1 and the two Voyagers Evasion Mode Optimus Prime and Grimlock. We sourced the images back to posts by other Transformers fans DocBot89 and ChErikS over at fellow fansite TFW2005. Check out the images of the new toys, including Dinobots Slug and Scorn, Autobots Crosshairs and Bumblebee, and Voyagers Evasion Mode Optimus Prime and Grimlock below!

Credit(s): ChErikS, DocBot89 (TFW2005)
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxes, Evasion Optimus Prime, Voyager Grimlock (1561526)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on March 31st, 2014 @ 9:48am CDT
Wow, Evasion Mode Prime really looks bare. And Voyager Grimlock sucks
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxes, Evasion Optimus Prime, Voyager Grimlock (1561534)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on March 31st, 2014 @ 10:29am CDT
wow, that grimlock looks bad. the evasion prime looks nice but damn is he lacking paint.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxes, Evasion Optimus Prime, Voyager Grimlock (1561537)
Posted by T-Macksimus on March 31st, 2014 @ 10:38am CDT
One figure... I had enthusiasm and hope for ONE FIGURE out of the entire AoE line and 98% of that just went right down the toilet after seeing the pics of Prime. I can forgive or at least turn a blind eye to a great many of Hasbro's failings over the years but not this. This is the toy tribute equivalent of pissing on someones grave. The ONE THING that Bay did absolutely right out of the entire franchise, the one ounce of respect he showed to the first generation of Transformer fans and Hasbro goes and f***s it up!

Thank goodness the only other figure I have any interest in isn't going to see the light of day in robot mode if I pick it up. Sadly though, I'll probably have to pass on that too. If Hasbro can find a way to screw up a voyager class Prime in BOTH modes then the Deluxe Class '67 Camaro Bumblebee has about a snowballs chance in hell of coming out decent looking in vehicle mode.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxes, Evasion Optimus Prime, Voyager Grimlock (1561538)
Posted by megatronus on March 31st, 2014 @ 10:40am CDT
Two observations:

(1) AOE Grimlock's head sculpt is *this close* to being TMNT Shredder.

(2) Evasion Optimus looks a lot like Kre-O Optimus.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxes, Evasion Optimus Prime, Voyager Grimlock (1561541)
Posted by #Sideways# on March 31st, 2014 @ 10:48am CDT
That Prime. That Prime, though. That will be mine, if not so I can at the very least have a flat-nosed Optimus aside from the Classics mold. Aside from the "colored plastic > paint" rut that Hasbro seems to be falling into, I think I can do something to make him look a bit cooler with some extra paint.

But that Grimlock should have stayed extinct, in my opinion. "Voyager" seems a lot like "Deluxe" right now, though that is probably to keep in in scale with this Optimus for unknown reasons. Being around the same size as G1 Grim is rather unacceptable from a Voyager, in my opinion.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxes, Evasion Optimus Prime, Voyager Grimlock (1561542)
Posted by megatronus on March 31st, 2014 @ 10:50am CDT
#Sideways# wrote:But that Grimlock should have stayed extinct, in my opinion.

:lol:

AOE Voyager Grimlock's alt-mode makes FOC Grimlock's alt-mode look like a marvel of modern engineering.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxes, Evasion Optimus Prime, Voyager Grimlock (1561543)
Posted by GrumbleBot on March 31st, 2014 @ 10:55am CDT

Glad he's deluxe and not voyager sized, I think he'll look great next to Movie Trilogy deluxe Prime.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxes, Evasion Optimus Prime, Voyager Grimlock (1561545)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 31st, 2014 @ 11:01am CDT
GrumbleBot wrote:I think Prime is looking really nice, although he'll be much improved with the addition of a little more grey/gunmetal paid. I'm really keen to see exactly how that transformation works - the windowtits are obviously "fake" so I'm intrigued to see where the "fake" bits appear from and where the "real" bits are hidden.

Evasion Mode Prime is a Voyager Class figure, not Deluxe. >:oP And I can't say I don't dig him. Grimlock on the other claw, I'll wait for comparisons between Voyager and Leader.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxes, Evasion Optimus Prime, Voyager Grimlock (1561547)
Posted by GrumbleBot on March 31st, 2014 @ 11:06am CDT
D'oh! So he is. Looks small for a Voyager, compared to G1 Prime. Maybe he'll feel bulkier in hand.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxes, Evasion Optimus Prime, Voyager Grimlock (1561548)
Posted by RhA on March 31st, 2014 @ 11:26am CDT
Bit bland in the colordeparment. Otherwise- bring 'em on.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxes, Evasion Optimus Prime, Voyager Grimlock (1561551)
Posted by SlyTF1 on March 31st, 2014 @ 11:33am CDT
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxes, Evasion Optimus Prime, Voyager Grimlock (1561552)
Posted by Fuhzimota on March 31st, 2014 @ 11:43am CDT
:BOOM: Grimlock's head looks like a lot like Samurai Spawn. Poor Optimus can't catch a break in the movie toys. It's as though someone decided to kit bash together a sudo-MP cab with the horrible leg/truck deck area from every Prime since MP and Classics Prime, and then slapped together a robot mode that seems to combine all of the worst elements we have all had to get used to from every movie verse Prime ever made. Fine examples of why I own very, very few of the movieverse "figures". At least we have Whirl, Swerve and company, as well as MP Wheeljack on the horizon..... >:oP
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxes, Evasion Optimus Prime, Voyager Grimlock (1561555)
Posted by Flashwave on March 31st, 2014 @ 11:51am CDT

He's a pass, but the otherfigures on the shelf look good. I don't need a green corvette, but hopefully a repaint comes along.

How is Evason Prime a whizzing on a grave qality bad? Sure, some shoulderpads would be nice, some grey to break up the colors, but its a solid figure. Only because I have enough Primes already I was gonna skip him, but that is looking like its going to change. He reminds me a lot of the 2007 Voyager without the backpack in proportions. Curious to see the scale of his alt mode.

(I still really like my BH Voyager Prime though, with wings, his Armade cannon on the vehicle roof, a pair of theBattle VS turret ommy guns at the back of the truck mode in his fistholes, Mmm!)
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxes, Evasion Optimus Prime, Voyager Grimlock (1561556)
Posted by Noideaforaname on March 31st, 2014 @ 11:53am CDT
Eh, not feeling the AoE line all that much. They don't look as good as they could be, and in a way it just feels like more of the lackluster Beast Hunters stuff (robot reptiles, knights, automobiles, and little else). Not to mention most of it doesn't fit anywhere in MY shelves.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxes, Evasion Optimus Prime, Voyager Grimlock (1561557)
Posted by leokearon on March 31st, 2014 @ 11:54am CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:I just noticed that that gun Optimus comes with is Megatron's shotgun from DOTM. When i get that Prime, that gun is going to my DOTM Megatron.

Maybe it might fit into his hand better.

It looks like a really bad homage to how the G1 toy held his good, but that was 1970/80's engineering they should have no excuse for this. So far none of these toys are interesting me...
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxes, Evasion Optimus Prime, Voyager Grimlock (1561559)
Posted by SlyTF1 on March 31st, 2014 @ 11:56am CDT
Flashwave wrote:So, amI the only one who saw tht picture of Grimmy's mace and said "Cool! He ripped a traffic light out of the ground and is gonna club people with it!"

That's exactly what I think every time I look at him.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxes, Evasion Optimus Prime, Voyager Grimlock (1561568)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 31st, 2014 @ 12:49pm CDT
Hrm. I was initially excited about Evasion Prime, but he's looking pretty bland... maybe I'll wait and see what the inevitably-overpriced Takara version looks like.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxes, Evasion Optimus Prime, Voyager Grimlock (1561596)
Posted by GuyIncognito on March 31st, 2014 @ 3:05pm CDT
I'm still wondering why the Grimlock figures we've seen look nothing like the Grimlock we saw in the trailer.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxes, Evasion Optimus Prime, Voyager Grimlock (1561639)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 31st, 2014 @ 5:53pm CDT
Those Optimus and Grimlock pics were taken from pictorial reviews of the two. Without the review text, there is no context to them.

Optimus review - http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... -mode.html

Grimlock review - http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... mlock.html
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxes, Evasion Optimus Prime, Voyager Grimlock (1561659)
Posted by MGrotusque on March 31st, 2014 @ 8:53pm CDT
Is Grimlocks alt mode transformed correctly i wonder? Cause if it is..........it's HORRIBLE!!
So much bot bits and massive gaps and panels just floating in the middle of nowhere revealing all the robot bits underneath.

Honestly...it's laughable and a little embarrassing for such an iconic figure to be handled so poorly over the past couple years. At least the MP did it right. Even Animated is better.

Brings a wee tear to my eye it does.

OP looks alright in alt mode. I can dig it.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers G1 1986 OMEGA SUPREME ROCKET arms takara japan - Time Remaining: 3 days 6 hours 17 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers G1 1986 OMEGA SUPREME TANK WORKS loose figure hasbro takara - Time Remaining: 3 days 6 hours 17 minutes 59 seconds
1988 Transformers Pretenders Cloudburst w/ Robot & Belt & Gun Autobot - Time Remaining: 3 days 10 hours 7 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers G1 Parts 1984 SEEKER fist SET SKYWARP IGA mexican - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 35 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers G1 Parts 1984 SKYWARP IGA mexican wing set - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 37 minutes 56 seconds
Takara Transformers Animated TA-21 Autobot Jetfire Action Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 19 hours 53 minutes 2 seconds
Takara Transformers Animated TA-04 Autobot Ratchet Action Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 18 hours 8 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers Animated Sons of Cybertron Optimus Prime vs Rodimus Limited Pack - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 53 minutes 19 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks