Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Leader Class Grimlock

Tuesday, July 8th, 2014 1:44PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 35,008

Courtesy of Weibo user 马哥来自塞伯坦 we have some in-hand images of Leader Class Grimlock from the upcoming Platinum Edition Leader Class Grimlock and Optimus Prime Set. This figure features an alternate deco to it's mass retail counterpart. Check out the images mirrored below:

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread
Credit(s): 马哥来自塞伯坦
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Leader Class Grimlock (1588755)
Posted by Observedhalo on July 8th, 2014 @ 2:04pm CDT
Damn, that thing looks great. If only they gaveGrimlock red eyes in Robot mode.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Leader Class Grimlock (1588756)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 8th, 2014 @ 2:05pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Leader Class Grimlock (1588800)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 8th, 2014 @ 3:51pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:That's the Leader Grimlock I'm gonna go for, and the Leader Prime will be a nice bonus. Since it's a Platinum Series release, it's gonna be a mostly online deal for the US, right?

And Toys R Us
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Leader Class Grimlock (1588803)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 8th, 2014 @ 4:06pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

And Toys R Us

I thought that was for Canada? If not, I may have to keep an eye on the one near my future home.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Leader Class Grimlock (1588806)
Posted by Observedhalo on July 8th, 2014 @ 4:22pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

And Toys R Us

Nope, Platinum Edition products are available at Toy-R-Us stores, in addition to some sites online. Thats how I got my Grimlock Evolution 2-pack.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Leader Class Grimlock (1588807)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 8th, 2014 @ 4:25pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

And Toys R Us

More recent Platinum Edition releases are popping up in stores. Only YotS Optimus and Omega Supreme, and Predaking haven't gotten Toys "R" Us treatment (as far as I know).
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Leader Class Grimlock (1588808)
Posted by shajaki on July 8th, 2014 @ 4:25pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Leader Class Grimlock (1588809)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 8th, 2014 @ 4:26pm CDT
Observedhalo wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

And Toys R Us

To clarify, every Platinum Edition figure after the first three (Year of the Snake Prime, Year of the Snake Omega, and G1 Predaking) has come to U.S. TRU stores.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Leader Class Grimlock (1588811)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 8th, 2014 @ 4:30pm CDT
Observedhalo wrote:Thats how I got my Grimlock Evolution 2-pack.

The Evolutions sets aren't Platinum Edition... are they? :???:
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Leader Class Grimlock (1588814)
Posted by megatronus on July 8th, 2014 @ 4:31pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Observedhalo wrote:Thats how I got my Grimlock Evolution 2-pack.

The Evolutions sets aren't Platinum Edition... are they? :???:

Don't think so.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Leader Class Grimlock (1588822)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on July 8th, 2014 @ 4:48pm CDT
shajaki wrote:i havent seen TF4, but is this grimlock more screen accurate? either way i like it.

It is, at least as far as the color palette chosen. In several shots in the movie, it's obvious the Dinobots are NOT all gunmental gray, as you might first think. They have subtle hues on some parts of their models that evoke their respective toy colors, but not anywhere near the extent to which the toys "pop" with color. The exception is Grimlock, who in the movie has a bluish-green hue to some of his body, which this Platinum Edition version tries to capture. The other choice is the Takara "Dark Knight" leader version, but it's pretty uninteresting in terms of coloring (gray and black). Another nice perk to this Platinum Edition is the seeming lack of chrome parts that the mass release version boasts. It'll probably be a lot more durable if you transform your figures frequently.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Leader Class Grimlock (1588827)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on July 8th, 2014 @ 4:59pm CDT

Unless I'm wrong on this? :-? :VEHI:
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Leader Class Grimlock (1588830)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 8th, 2014 @ 5:05pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Observedhalo wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

And Toys R Us

Mindmaster wrote:
Observedhalo wrote:Thats how I got my Grimlock Evolution 2-pack.

The Evolutions sets aren't Platinum Edition... are they? :???:

No, they're not. These are the Platinum Editions for the Movie:

• Silver Knight Optimus Prime (First Edtion repaint)[/*:m]
  • Optimus Prime & Grimlock (Voyager molds)[/*:m]
  • Breakout Battle (with Rusty Prime, Rollbar and Crankcase repaint)[/*:m]
  • Leader Class Optimus Prime & Leader Class Grimlock[/*:m]
  • Autobots United (5-pack)[/*:m][/list:u]

Nemesis Destron wrote:Is this the OP that will be in the set? I can't tell if this Prime has the mouth plate but I'm sure the one that comes with this Grimlock does have it.

Unless I'm wrong on this? :-? :VEHI:

See my list ;)
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Leader Class Grimlock (1588837)
Posted by Observedhalo on July 8th, 2014 @ 5:16pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Observedhalo wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

And Toys R Us

Mindmaster wrote:
Observedhalo wrote:Thats how I got my Grimlock Evolution 2-pack.

The Evolutions sets aren't Platinum Edition... are they? :???:

No, they're not. These are the Platinum Editions for the Movie:

• Silver Knight Optimus Prime (First Edtion repaint)[/*:m]
  • Optimus Prime & Grimlock (Voyager molds)[/*:m]
  • Breakout Battle (with Rusty Prime, Rollbar and Crankcase repaint)[/*:m]
  • Leader Class Optimus Prime & Leader Class Grimlock[/*:m]
  • Autobots United (5-pack)[/*:m][/list:u]

Unless I'm wrong on this? :-? :VEHI:

See my list ;)

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Leader Class Grimlock (1588844)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 8th, 2014 @ 5:22pm CDT
Observedhalo wrote:Derp. My bad. Are you sure about the Silver Knight Optimus Prime? I thought that was a Target exclusive.

There are several Silver Knight Optimus Prime repaints out there (Smash & Change, Titan, Deluxe), all of them Target exclusive. But the First Edition one is a Platinum Edition:

And probably an Amazon exclusive much like the parent mold.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Leader Class Grimlock (1588846)
Posted by Observedhalo on July 8th, 2014 @ 5:29pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

And probably an Amazon exclusive much like the parent mold.

Just checked Tf Wiki. It a Target Exclusive. The whole Silver Knight thing is. Im pretty sure its just part of the Thrilling Thirty line, not a Plat.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Leader Class Grimlock (1588848)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 8th, 2014 @ 5:30pm CDT
Observedhalo wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

And probably an Amazon exclusive much like the parent mold.

It says "Platinum Edition" smack-dab on the box.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Leader Class Grimlock (1588850)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on July 8th, 2014 @ 5:31pm CDT
A Silver Knight Optimus Prime, where the only actual silver is on the shield? As from Grimlock, well I still prefer the voyager.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Leader Class Grimlock (1588855)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 8th, 2014 @ 5:37pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Observedhalo wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

And probably an Amazon exclusive much like the parent mold.

It says "Platinum Edition" smack-dab on the box.

Just checked TFWiki myself, and while it is under the Target exclusive banner, note the wiki has been known to be incorrect at times, While the assumption is easy to make, we still lack official confirmation (hence me saying "probably")
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Leader Class Grimlock (1588888)
Posted by MenaceRX on July 8th, 2014 @ 7:02pm CDT
I like that, but it comes as a set right with Optimus also? If so I wont buy the set just to get one leader class and be stuck with one I dont want.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering