Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing

Wednesday, November 13th, 2013 11:14PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 16,692

Site sponsor Kapow! Toys has uploaded some nice in-hand images of Transformers Generations Deluxe Goldfire, Dreadwing, and Skids. Enjoy the images mirrored below, and be sure to give Kapow! Toys a visit!

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Waspinator, Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing

Credit(s): Kapow! Toys
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing (1529619)
Posted by RhA on November 13th, 2013 @ 11:36pm CST
All three, please.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing (1529626)
Posted by Caelus on November 14th, 2013 @ 12:03am CST
shockblast2 wrote:As far as the others go I will buy all four. Even Goldbug or gold fart, or what ever his name is. I like Dreadwing too, even though I don't remember him except from Prime.

Is he a repurposed Bumblebee in the IDW books or is he a separate entity? Anyone with comic knowledge that can answer that?

Quick run down of Bumblebee's story in IDW:
- Bumblebee started out in the comics in his VW mode with a bit of modernized robot mode.
- Goldbug appeared as a separate character with a Cybertronian mode in a single comic (Spotlight: Metroplex, I think)
- Bumblebee was promoted to Autobot leader on Earth after All Hail Megatron (Optimus handed himself over to the US military as a sign of good faith).
- Bumblebee got scrapped saving the other Autobots, and he asked Wheeljack to rebuild him with a more powerful body (a hybrid of G1 and movie style), so his troops wouldn't endanger themselves protecting him.
- He was maimed when Megatron was reformatted, leaving Bumblebee dependent on a cane.
- He was restored to his cybertronian mode when they returned to Cybertron, as a sort of disarmament/put the war behind us/return to our cultural roots thing. He was fully repaired, but kept the cane (with a powerful concealed weapon) to make him more approachable, and less threatening, to Cybertron's NAILs (Non-Aligned Indigenous Lifeforms). (Starscream, Thundercracker, and many others also resumed their cybertronian modes, though some like the Dinobots, Rattrap, Cybershark, etc. refused.)
- When Megatron was reformatted again, he decided to make a particular show of mutilating the Autobot leader - Bumblebee. He generally mangled Bumblebee's cybertronian body, and crushed his face beyond repair.
- Megatron was defeated, but Wheeljack was left comatose, Ratchet was off-planet, and the Autobots (and the Decepticons) were exiled into the wilderness of Cybertron. Given minimal resources, their medic couldn't restore Bumblebee's body straight up, so he restored Bee to his Earth body using the parts that were still kicking around, and replaced his face with the non-anthropomorphic rig (which he notably, disconcertingly cannot 'feel').
- In sum, Goldfire is the badass war veteran Bumblebee who's soldiering on in spite of his grievous injuries.

Re: Dreadwing - He's based on a character from Generation 2, but in this, he's just a henchman of Shockwave that Shockwave upgraded using the design specs from reformatting Megatron (so a thug in the body of a WMD).

Other characters coming up are likewise tied into the comics - Waspinator was an Insecticon like Chop Shop, Ransack, etc., and might be immortal from a brief passage through the dead universe. He has the peculiar ability to command Titans, making him an important character. Rattrap was an Autobot that fought on a planet where everyone adopted beast modes, but now he's Starscream's ... protege? Starscream, as official ruler of Cybertron, is getting upgraded to his Armada body.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing (1529627)
Posted by 2scraplets1kup on November 14th, 2013 @ 12:04am CST
HOLY SHIT HASBRO!! Do I see actual painted back lights on Skids? THE THRILLING 30 IS HERE FOLKS!!! THIS IS WHAT THEY MEANT!!! :lol: :P :APPLAUSE: :HEADHURTS: but seriously, that's some nice firepower he has.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing (1529630)
Posted by megatronus on November 14th, 2013 @ 12:22am CST
Goldfire: I dislike the mold, but will get it anyway... the black stripe makes him a bit more acceptable in my book.

Dreadwing: I like this a hell lot more than Megatron. :DANCE:

Skids: This is possibly the best Autobot car since Jazz!! :APPLAUSE:
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing (1529632)
Posted by zwann on November 14th, 2013 @ 12:29am CST
I gotta say, Skids face looks too cool to be an Autobot. I mean those cheeks.

Wonder what Decepticon repaint would work with this mold(including the face)?

Barricade? Whose a trigger happy car in Cons eh? :-?
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing (1529634)
Posted by megatronus on November 14th, 2013 @ 12:33am CST
zwann wrote:I gotta say, Skids face looks too cool to be an Autobot. I mean those cheeks.

Wonder what Decepticon repaint would work with this mold(including the face)?

Barricade? Whose a trigger happy car in Cons eh? :-?

Barricade is a good choice... but TFCC is doing that character in Subscription Service 2.0...

Classics Knockout?
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing (1529636)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 14th, 2013 @ 12:38am CST
megatronus wrote:
As Prime Barricade, though. So there's still room for a Classics-style one. ;)
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing (1529637)
Posted by megatronus on November 14th, 2013 @ 12:59am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:
As Prime Barricade, though. So there's still room for a Classics-style one. ;)

I know it's a "Prime" Barricade - but even then, we know HasTak has been appropriating those molds for Classics. Just look at GDO Cliffjumper, Protoform X, Transmutate, Chromedome...

I was more referring to the fact that they're already giving Barricade a nod with TFSS, which means it's unlikely HasTak proper has a Barricade planned for the near future. That's not to say I wouldn't like to be surprised...
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing (1529641)
Posted by frogbat on November 14th, 2013 @ 1:50am CST
Caelus wrote:
Quick run down of Bumblebee's story in IDW:

Thnx for the summary... I find the comics and multiple timelines and 'verses to be too tiring to follow... Wouldn't mind a site tracing each character's handling in the various comics (with better than the info on the various wikis out there)

Re the toys I've just ordered Orion pax, hoist and trailbreakutter... Skids is a must have, his car mode isn't as vanny as the original but the robot mode looks great. At first all the weapons seemed a bit odd when I recall his g1 portrayal, but then I remembered the toy.. Came with quite a few weapons, some of which were quite difficult to attach.

Dreadwing and goldbug... I don't car for the characters but I'm liking the toys... Biggest prob with dreadwing is of course the vehicle scale.. He's closer to a drone than to a b2. And I definitely wasn't going to get megatron.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing (1529642)
Posted by synapse on November 14th, 2013 @ 1:50am CST

Wonder what Decepticon repaint would work with this mold(including the face)?

Barricade? Whose a trigger happy car in Cons eh? :-?

I don't know about "including the face", but I remember Andrew Griffith said he designed Flatline (the guy from the RID comics who built Starscream's new Armada-style body) so that he could easily get a toy as a Skids redeco.

Anyway. I'm still concerned about his shoulders... :\
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing (1529645)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on November 14th, 2013 @ 2:46am CST
synapse wrote:Anyway. I'm still concerned about his shoulders... :\

Me too. I haven't seen a single pic of his arms raised laterally. That would be a shame, as it's otherwise an awesome toy.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing (1529648)
Posted by Dr Va'al on November 14th, 2013 @ 3:05am CST
We just can't keep them down! After yesterday's news with the galleries of in-hand images, we have now been alerted that YouTube reviewer peaugh has posted videos of Generations Skids and Waspinator. Will Skids' shoulder issues be raised? Will Waspinator be able to stand without falling to pieces? Check the videos out below, and leave a comment in in the Energon Pub discussion!

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing (1529652)
Posted by Shadowstream on November 14th, 2013 @ 5:00am CST
Well, there go my hopes that Skids was going to be a larger deluxe :BANG_HEAD:
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing (1529656)
Posted by synapse on November 14th, 2013 @ 5:26am CST
Well, it's confirmed then. Skids is as ridiculously small as Hoist, with hollow legs and poorly articulated shoulders. I still like his design in robot mode and all, but the alt mode and its colors make it look like I'm playing with a Playskool car.

Also, I wasn't expecting that kind of unstability...
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing (1529659)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on November 14th, 2013 @ 5:59am CST
I like them all, but my one concern is the open handed design on Skids. He comes with all those great weapons, but it's gonna suck if putting them into his hands causes cracks or stress marks like with DOTM Wheeljack.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing (1529670)
Posted by T-Macksimus on November 14th, 2013 @ 8:04am CST
Had planned on passing up Goldfire but those pics have me sold on him. Still not liking D-wings color scheme enough to drop cash down on him and Skids... he was a winner for me from day 1. Looks like Christmas is going to be a toss up as to who gets more toys under the tree, me or my youngest son. :lol:
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing (1529672)
Posted by RiddlerJ on November 14th, 2013 @ 8:14am CST
synapse wrote:

Wonder what Decepticon repaint would work with this mold(including the face)?

Barricade? Whose a trigger happy car in Cons eh? :-?

Anyway. I'm still concerned about his shoulders... :\

I thought Flatline's design was based on the Trailcutter toy.

I also thought I heard that Skids was going to be retooled into Crosscut.

I feel that Goldfire was a waste of a repaint when it could've been a different character. I bought the new Hubcap head and the Bumblebee figure specifically so I could add another minibot to my lineup. I don't need another Bumblebee.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing (1529678)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on November 14th, 2013 @ 8:26am CST
Hmmm, not interested in Skids, I would prefer something a bit more G1, doesn't have to be slavishly so. Anyhow I guess for now I am stick with Binaltech Skids. At least he looks a bit more like his old self.

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing (1529679)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 14th, 2013 @ 8:29am CST
Yeesh, I'm gone for two days, and everyone's flaming like a marshmallow over a campfire. >:oP

Sucks that Skids is a little stumpy and has the shoulder issues, but I hope to pick him up anyway.

Feeling a little uncertain about Waspinator now. I'll wait until Optibotimus or someone else gets theirs until I make a final decision.

Getting Dreadwing and Goldbug, no questions asked.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Deluxe Goldfire, Skids, and Dreadwing (1529681)
Posted by GuyIncognito on November 14th, 2013 @ 8:32am CST
OK, Skids is growing on me. I've gone from "Meh, I'll get it because it's a Classics-style Skids" to "Ooh, this is a cool figure!"

The other two are OK, but I already have BB and Megs and don't like either mold enough to want a repaint.

Also, Dreadwing's paintjob is too colorful for a stealth jet.

Ending Soon On eBay

Hasbro Kre-o Transformers Bumblebee - Time Remaining: 9 days 7 hours 31 minutes
NEW Transformers Masterpiece CMP-18 BlueStreak TAKASA TOY gift G1 ko instock - Time Remaining: 14 days 19 hours 5 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers Animated Voyager Class Optimus Prime 100% COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 7 days 19 hours 55 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers G1 Masterpiece Perceptor Fans Toys FT-09 Tesla - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 33 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers Go!! G21 Judora Figure Takara Tomy Japan - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 40 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers G1 1985 HOOK IGA (mexican) devastator mexico - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 28 minutes 21 seconds
TOMY Transformers Go! G01 KENZAN NEW from Japan - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 43 minutes 34 seconds
Transformers 2 Movie ROTF Construction Devastator Legend CLASS Figure - Time Remaining: 7 days 18 hours 14 minutes
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory