In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Rhinox

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Rhinox

Saturday, November 9th, 2013 3:24PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 31,393

Courtesy of ACToys we have a nice in-hand gallery of the highly anticipated Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Rhinox! This guy along with the Doubledealer repaint of Blitzwing will be released in the next wave of Generations Voyagers. Check out the images mirrored below.

Credit(s): ACToys
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Rhinox (1528898)
Posted by jgilkinson on November 9th, 2013 @ 3:29pm CST
Wow he is darn near perfect... I wish the blades on the gun were silver but its nice how they made it fit into the rhino mode... automatic buy on sight :x
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Rhinox (1528899)
Posted by Mkall on November 9th, 2013 @ 3:44pm CST
I am saddened that his tail doesn't seem to lift to recreate that iconic scene.

Other than that (and the unpainted chainguns), he looks pretty darned cool!
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Rhinox (1528901)
Posted by Sodan-1 on November 9th, 2013 @ 4:29pm CST
Yeah, he's a little bit awesome. =P~

Although I have to say I'm surprised by the size comparisons to the other Beast Wars figures. Are Dinobot and Cheetor quite large deluxes or is Rhinox looking to be quite small?
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Rhinox (1528903)
Posted by Dead Metal on November 9th, 2013 @ 4:39pm CST
Sodan-1 wrote:Yeah, he's a little bit awesome. =P~

A bit of both, Rhinox is a current gen Voyager, which are smaller than they used to be. Cheetor and Dinoboot are both Deluxes from 2008, and are larger than current deluxes.
On top of that, Rhinox is pretty compact and packs a whole lotta mass, while the other two are very slender and long in alt-mode.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Rhinox (1528904)
Posted by Sodan-1 on November 9th, 2013 @ 4:48pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:Yeah, he's a little bit awesome. =P~

Yeah, that makes sense I suppose. I guess Waspinator and the rumoured Rattrap would compare well to him then. What's everyone's impressions of the two Universe deluxes? Are they worth picking up or should I pray for HasTak to revisit those characters?
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Rhinox (1528908)
Posted by Dead Metal on November 9th, 2013 @ 4:53pm CST
Sodan-1 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:Yeah, he's a little bit awesome. =P~

Pray.
Cheetor is utter crap, avoid at all costs, get the original toy. Dinobot is OK, best version of the character to date, but not perfect, would have needed to be Voyager to be perfect.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Rhinox (1528909)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 9th, 2013 @ 4:55pm CST
Sodan-1 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:Yeah, he's a little bit awesome. =P~

I have Cheetor and I can sum him up in three images

Great Cheetah Mode

Flatfooted under-armed lackluster robot mode

... with a huge backpack

Not for the casual collector.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Rhinox (1528913)
Posted by Sodan-1 on November 9th, 2013 @ 5:39pm CST
I feel better about not having them already. Money saved! Thanks you two. ;)^
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Rhinox (1528914)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on November 9th, 2013 @ 5:43pm CST
It brings a manly tear to the eye.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Rhinox (1528927)
Posted by RiddlerJ on November 9th, 2013 @ 7:55pm CST
Sodan-1 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:Yeah, he's a little bit awesome. =P~

Given how long it took for this line to go back to Beast Wars period, it's hard to say. As crappy as Cheetor is, I would prefer they went forward with more Beast Wars characters. The figure is really weak, but I'm still glad I have him just for completeness. Same thing about Leo Prime.

Did you ever think about getting the Titanium Cheetor? I hear that one is pretty decent, although I don't have one personally.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Rhinox (1528933)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 9th, 2013 @ 8:08pm CST
I am going to be bold and actually saying something negative about this toy. I don't like that beast mode rhino face. Especially the eyes. I hate that they went for a realistic rhino look instead of going for a more show-accurate face that better resembles the big Horn-Head we all know and love.

And I don't like how his brown is more toy-accurate tan instead of show-accurate brown.

Or how his robot mode arms are exposed in beast mode.

Or how his chest looks wrong.

Oh, and his lips are gone.

As are the spikes that went on his legs.

Doesn't stop me from liking this figure, though. :D

Dead Metal wrote:Cheetor is utter crap, avoid at all costs, get the original toy.
I recommend the Beast Wars Telemocha Series version of the original Cheetor toy. ;)

Dead Metal wrote:Dinobot is OK, best version of the character to date, but not perfect, would have needed to be Voyager to be perfect.
The Henkei! Henkei! Dinobot is the version everyone should get. 8)

Sodan-1 wrote:I feel better about not having them already. Money saved! Thanks you two. ;)^
You might still wanna at least consider Dinobot. Specifically this one:

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Rhinox (1528934)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 9th, 2013 @ 8:11pm CST
Maybe the Tomy version will rectify your concerns Saber?
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Rhinox (1528935)
Posted by dragons on November 9th, 2013 @ 8:32pm CST
Mkall wrote:I am saddened that his tail doesn't seem to lift to recreate that iconic scene.

Other than that (and the unpainted chainguns), he looks pretty darned cool!

Maybe 3rd party will make one for you with purple energon released from his butt :HEADHURTS: I was intersted in that option of course,

Looks good figure like to see beast wars characters megatron, prime, depthcharge,
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Rhinox (1528936)
Posted by Ultra Markus on November 9th, 2013 @ 8:38pm CST
cartoon accurate or not, this has got to be the best most accurate rhinox so far
hasbro still surprises with a few gems for our collection
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Rhinox (1528939)
Posted by Spider5800 on November 9th, 2013 @ 8:53pm CST
He looks fantastic, and I'll definitely be picking him up. Probably with Doubledealer, since I had that toy as a kid and am somewhat nostalgic for him.

The only downside with Rhinox is that he reminds me that I still can't find the Robot Masters/Telemocha Optimus Primal anywhere. :sad:

Please Hasbro, make my life easier (and probably cheaper) and release that figure in the US also.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Rhinox (1528944)
Posted by Manterax Prime on November 9th, 2013 @ 9:34pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:Maybe the Tomy version will rectify your concerns Saber?

You obviously haven't seen that piece of bronze.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Rhinox (1528945)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 9th, 2013 @ 9:49pm CST
Manterax Prime wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Maybe the Tomy version will rectify your concerns Saber?

You obviously haven't seen that piece of bronze.
Behold:

Better colors, but my concerns were more geared towards the mold itself, rather than the deco. ;)
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Rhinox (1528946)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 9th, 2013 @ 9:49pm CST
Manterax Prime wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Maybe the Tomy version will rectify your concerns Saber?

You obviously haven't seen that piece of bronze.
Behold:

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Rhinox (1528948)
Posted by Manterax Prime on November 9th, 2013 @ 9:53pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Better colors

Indeed...for the guns. Hasbro Rhinox actually looks organic in beast mode, as he should. Takara's Rhinox can suck it.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Rhinox (1528949)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 9th, 2013 @ 9:58pm CST
Manterax Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Better colors

That's likely due to Takara bizarrely making the organic rhino parts shiny while leaving the supposed-to-be-shiny green robot parts not-shiny.

But I don't care. Rhinox and every other bot on that show looked like clay animals anyway, and that's how they're remembered as looking. :P

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers PREMIUM BLACKOUT & SCORPONOK 100% COMP. MINT 2008 - Time Remaining: 2 days 22 hours 31 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars Deluxe Transmetals 2 Cheetor New Sealed MOC - Time Remaining: 3 days 8 hours 1 minute 15 seconds
original G1 Transformers ULTRA MAGNUS PARTS WEAPONS LOT 2 missile fist connector - Time Remaining: 3 days 13 hours 33 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars Deluxe Fuzors Silverbolt New Sealed MOC - Time Remaining: 9 days 12 hours 20 minutes 6 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars Spittor Figure Mosc new Spittor Toad Figure - Time Remaining: 9 days 11 hours 54 minutes 52 seconds
Movie 3 NEW Transformers Dark Of The Moon Voyager Class IRONHIDE Figure Figurine - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 26 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers G1 Darkwing 100% Complete 1988 Vintage Hasbro Toy Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 18 hours 44 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers G1 Meteoplex with scamper, six gun, and slammer - Time Remaining: 3 days 16 hours 23 seconds
Website Security Test