Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist

Friday, June 28th, 2013 12:03PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 10,088

eBay seller lena81822 has listed an auction of a loose Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist, which includes several in-hand images of the figure. This guy is retool/redco of the soon to be released Generations Trailcutter with a new head mold and towing rig that transformers into a weapon.

Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist Test Shot

Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist Test Shot

Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist Test Shot

Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist Test Shot

Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist Test Shot

Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist Test Shot

Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist Test Shot

Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist Test Shot

Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist Test Shot

Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist Test Shot
Credit(s): eBay seller lena81822

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist (1498683)
Posted by Autobot Genocide on June 28th, 2013 @ 12:31pm CDT
:-? Think i'll skip Trailbreaker and get Hoist.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist (1498688)
Posted by Mkall on June 28th, 2013 @ 12:47pm CDT
That's looking pretty darn decent.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist (1498694)
Posted by rpetras on June 28th, 2013 @ 12:59pm CDT
Wish they had a way to hide the energy projector in alt mode.

Heard on the podcast he's about the same size as classics BB as well.

Personally, I'm feeling a bit disappointed in him and Trailbreaker Turdcutter Trailcutter.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist (1498706)
Posted by CommanderHazar on June 28th, 2013 @ 2:18pm CDT
Any guesses as to which third party will be making the wings for him first?
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist (1498712)
Posted by G1 Legacy on June 28th, 2013 @ 2:42pm CDT
First off, (and this is directed at the ebay seller)if your going to go to the trouble to take multiple pictures, for an auction if that's my understanding, why wouldn't you offer a shot of the complete intended vehicle mode i.e. plug the damn hook into the peg hole. It only takes one second. Looks like this lena person was either uninformed or lazy.
* I know, I'm being too critical, well buckle up, my rambling gets worse...

How did this person get the second version of this mold "in hand" to list on ebay before the first version (Trailcutter) has even been released at retail. Just asking. The clear version of this figure that's been mentioned here earlier is more understandable as a leaked figure in hand. I hope nobody bids WAY up on this regular version when they can just snag it for $15 bucks in a few months. Oh well, more power to ya.

As far as the mold...I have the same opinion regarding Hoist as Trailbreaker (and I'm going to use his REAL name b/c I don't wear a copyright muzzle). I liked the overall design and homage as the initial photos began leaking out, but it was only recently that I realized that these figures were the same size scale as the recent WFC figures...smaller and less plastic. That was tremendously disappointing. I would love to put these on my classics shelf but the fact that their smaller just results in an out of whack display presentation. I hate to say it but I would rather Hasbro just have raised the price and kept the size scale as opposed to shrinking the entire series of figs, and thus redefining the definition of Deluxe class (correct me if I'm wrong on size class). And you wonder why so many are gleefully leaning toward third party. :roll:

Trailbreaker was one of my favorites back in the 80's so I'm going to buy both of these albeit reluctantly, and I like the way you can hide the force field generator from the TB mold on the Hoist figure, but I'm still not sure where the generator goes in alt mode and these pics didn't help...does it lay flat? That peg hole seems like the obvious place to attach the hook arm. Anyway I'm guessing I'll have to place them near the Windcharger figure that came out a few years ago, who was also released out of scale with Generations/classics. OK I'm finished lol. :lol:
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist (1498724)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 28th, 2013 @ 2:55pm CDT
Gotta have that Hoist and Trailbreaker! =P~

I'm very excited for the Thrilling 30 line. I'm a sucker for homage toys!
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist (1498728)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on June 28th, 2013 @ 3:06pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:I'm very excited for the Thrilling 30 line. I'm a sucker for homage toys!

Same here! :D Hoist is defiantly a bought on sight figure for me!
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist (1498731)
Posted by Tigertrack on June 28th, 2013 @ 3:14pm CDT
I don't hate it, Like Trailbreaker more but glad to have this coming as well.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist (1498777)
Posted by DMSL on June 28th, 2013 @ 5:30pm CDT
Passing on Trailcutter and Hoist, just way too damn small.

Should've been voyagers.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist (1498783)
Posted by Stormrider on June 28th, 2013 @ 5:39pm CDT
Hoist is looking stellar
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist (1498889)
Posted by Henry921 on June 28th, 2013 @ 9:15pm CDT
MasterSoundBlaster wrote:

Same here! :D Hoist is defiantly a bought on sight figure for me!

While not a sucker for homages of Autobots, I do actually like this mold quite a bit. I'll probably preorder him along with Thundercracker and Dreadwing.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist (1498906)
Posted by T-Macksimus on June 28th, 2013 @ 9:49pm CDT
Both TrailBREAKER (I could care less if IDW officially renamed him, or rather had him rename himself) and Hoist shall be mine. Love this design even if the E-bay seller didn't quite get the transformation nailed. Great looking figure. Can't wait to add this and TB to my Generations collection.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist (1499127)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 29th, 2013 @ 1:45pm CDT
DMSL wrote:Passing on Trailcutter and Hoist, just way too damn small.

Should've been voyagers.

I think voyagers would've been too big. I'd have been happy with deluxe figures at the larger end of the scale.

I think Hoist is actually looking a little too hench, and he really needs something to cover the roof of his vehicle mode's cab.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist (1500183)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 2nd, 2013 @ 1:43pm CDT
A mighty fine looking Hoist, that is.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist (1500189)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 2nd, 2013 @ 1:56pm CDT
rpetras wrote:Heard on the podcast he's about the same size as classics BB as well.

Wish I had seen you sooner. #-o

Based on Optibotimus's review on his twin Trailbreaker (God, the discussion there was pure hell), his robot mode is somewhere between the Seekers and Hound/Ironhide, but the vehicle mode just passes Bumblebee in length my a millimeter (or less).
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist (1500324)
Posted by Stormrider on July 2nd, 2013 @ 7:53pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

Wish I had seen you sooner. #-o

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist (1500325)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 2nd, 2013 @ 7:56pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

Wish I had seen you sooner. #-o

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist (1500326)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 2nd, 2013 @ 7:57pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:So why are the Deluxes getting smaller? Is this Hasbro's answer to flat economy?
The Prime BH Deluxes and Voyagers will be getting bigger with the simplified toys coming in 2014. ;)
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist (1500445)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 3rd, 2013 @ 8:49am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Sad thing is, they'll be upscaled Legion and Commander toys.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Deluxe Hoist (1500468)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 3rd, 2013 @ 10:32am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Sad thing is, they'll be upscaled Legion and Commander toys.
At least the Voyager versions will still be worth getting. Predaking especially, since he looks the most like an original design rather than an upscale of his Commander toy.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction