Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

In-hand Images: Transformers Generations Protectobot Hot Spot

Transformers News: In-hand Images: Transformers Generations Protectobot Hot Spot

Wednesday, July 25th, 2012 7:30AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 18,174

We have an extensive in-hand gallery of Transformers Generations Asian Exclusive (for the moment) Hot Shot courtesy of ACToys. It was revealed during SDCC that this figure and most of the other Asian market exclusive Generations figures will be released domestically later this year though Toys"R"Us. Images mirrored below.

Credit(s): Banjo-Tron, ACToys
Re: In-hand Images: Transformers Generations Protectobot Hot Spot (1404015)
Posted by freaky777 on July 25th, 2012 @ 7:56am CDT
Looks really cool, definitively the best voyager of the batch.
Re: In-hand Images: Transformers Generations Protectobot Hot Spot (1404025)
Posted by RiddlerJ on July 25th, 2012 @ 8:38am CDT
Re: In-hand Images: Transformers Generations Protectobot Hot Spot (1404029)
Posted by worldsgreatest on July 25th, 2012 @ 8:47am CDT
He's beautiful. *Sniff*
Re: In-hand Images: Transformers Generations Protectobot Hot Spot (1404037)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 25th, 2012 @ 9:21am CDT
Priority nr. 1, next to Springer and Tank Megatron.
Re: In-hand Images: Transformers Generations Protectobot Hot Spot (1404043)
Posted by Mkall on July 25th, 2012 @ 9:38am CDT
That's a cool headmold, however I find the overall paint scheme to be kind of sparse. Oh who am I kidding I'll take him!
Re: In-hand Images: Transformers Generations Protectobot Hot Spot (1404055)
Posted by Flux Convoy on July 25th, 2012 @ 10:18am CDT
Flip the God damn forearm panels! Hahaha! Looks good.
:BOT:
Re: In-hand Images: Transformers Generations Protectobot Hot Spot (1404062)
Posted by worldsgreatest on July 25th, 2012 @ 10:34am CDT
Am I really alone in thinking that the Tank Megatron head sculpt makes it look like he's wearing a powdered wig?
Re: In-hand Images: Transformers Generations Protectobot Hot Spot (1404064)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on July 25th, 2012 @ 10:38am CDT
how much is he gonna be?
Re: In-hand Images: Transformers Generations Protectobot Hot Spot (1404068)
Posted by Bouncy X on July 25th, 2012 @ 11:01am CDT
posing ability aside, the original toy looks much better. its the chest that really turns me off, it seems so huge compared to the rest of him. it doesn't match properly. he looks like a little kid wearing some adult baseball catcher gear or something. lol
Re: In-hand Images: Transformers Generations Protectobot Hot Spot (1404089)
Posted by Megatronsdemise666 on July 25th, 2012 @ 12:41pm CDT
i have the solar storm grapple and its not a bad mold.

Wish he has more of a back though
Re: In-hand Images: Transformers Generations Protectobot Hot Spot (1404106)
Posted by King Slick on July 25th, 2012 @ 1:50pm CDT
I wish they would do more with Gestalts. Like a true-to-G1 Constructicons, or what would be really nice, an upgraded version of the Stunticons (w/ ability to merge into Menasor)
Re: In-hand Images: Transformers Generations Protectobot Hot Spot (1404145)
Posted by Bounti76 on July 25th, 2012 @ 3:39pm CDT
I'm not usually a G1 purist, but I do have G1 Hotspot, and the only thing that bugs me about this mold is that silver paint on his face...the original toy (and the Titanium series one) have all black heads. The silver paint, to me, makes him look too much like Optimus Prime, though I realize there is a limit as to how different you can make robot heads.
Re: In-hand Images: Transformers Generations Protectobot Hot Spot (1404181)
Posted by Stormrider on July 25th, 2012 @ 4:56pm CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:It looks as good as one could hope for. I just think this mold has been a little overused now. (the only other character I could see them getting away with would be Hauler) The Titanium Hot Spot was a better revisiting of the character.

This is one of my favorite voyager molds but agree that it is a little over used. Wish Hotspot had a different robot mode from Inferno.

I will still get him. Looks like Motormaster is the only Scramble City leader that hasn't been given the voyager classics upgrade. (And a black Prime doesn't count).
Re: In-hand Images: Transformers Generations Protectobot Hot Spot (1404206)
Posted by RiddlerJ on July 25th, 2012 @ 7:18pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:

Don't forget Scattershot and Hun-Grr.

Re: In-hand Images: Transformers Generations Protectobot Hot Spot (1404257)
Posted by RAcast on July 26th, 2012 @ 12:06am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:I would love to see new Terrorcon toys. They are really due for some decent figures.

I've been saying this for ages. :P Perhaps with the neo-scrable combiners there will be some chance?
Re: In-hand Images: Transformers Generations Protectobot Hot Spot (1404275)
Posted by quickmixed on July 26th, 2012 @ 2:14am CDT
I'm liking the new head sculpt. If they see a wider release as stated at Comicon, I will be picking him up for sure.
Re: In-hand Images: Transformers Generations Protectobot Hot Spot (1404403)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 26th, 2012 @ 10:09am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:
Stormrider wrote:

Don't forget Scattershot and Hun-Grr.

So, Stormrider and you are both right...

I really, really, like it. I think reprolabels will be able to do a lot, a black face plate sticker, and more details.

I also will buy a second and try to make him into IDW Pyro...face/head doesn't look too far off to me, without being an exact Optimus head.
Re: In-hand Images: Transformers Generations Protectobot Hot Spot (1404419)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 26th, 2012 @ 10:35am CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:Well even thought they are 'scramble-able' they are not technically Scramble City, as in not -featured in the Scramble City cartoon.
In regards to the toys, the term "Scramble City" refers to not just the cartoon, but the design aesthetic/gimmick of the combiner toys.

The toy term originated in Japan where Takara released the Airbots, Protectobots, Techbots, Ultra Magnus, Metroflex, the Stuntrons, Combatrons, Terrortrons, Galvatron, and Dinosaurer all under the subline imptrint banner of "Scramble City".

Since then, the term "Scramble City Combiner" has come to be a catch-all fan term to refer to any combiner that uses the five-man, single unit torso with four interchangeable limbs design.
Re: In-hand Images: Transformers Generations Protectobot Hot Spot (1404426)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 26th, 2012 @ 10:45am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Re: In-hand Images: Transformers Generations Protectobot Hot Spot (1404429)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 26th, 2012 @ 10:49am CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:Corrected, and apologies to the person I was trying to correct. Since only the Stunticons, Combaticons, Protectobots, and Aerialbots were featured in the toon, I assumed they were the originally considered Scramble City teams.
:PEACE:
Re: In-hand Images: Transformers Generations Protectobot Hot Spot (1447129)
Posted by Firststrike on December 16th, 2012 @ 9:26pm CST
These are Asian Exclusives no more!

I'm not sure if this was posted yet, but I'll post it now.

I found all the Legends Class, 3 of the 4 Scouts and 2 of the 4 Voyagers at my Local Toys R' Us and I checked their site and the Toys R' Us Site confirms that they are selling all the Asian Exclusives in store in America! Once I am able to, I'll post the pictures of each of the ones I found here. They still have Chinese writing on them, but the picture of Swerve on Toys R' Us' site doesn't. It makes me wonder if they were mean't to be only for the Asian market...
Re: In-hand Images: Transformers Generations Protectobot Hot Spot (1447138)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 16th, 2012 @ 10:07pm CST
Firststrike wrote:These are Asian Exclusives no more!

I'm not sure if this was posted yet, but I'll post it now.

Yup. Old news. Very old news. ;)
Re: In-hand Images: Transformers Generations Protectobot Hot Spot (1449995)
Posted by dirk2243 on December 28th, 2012 @ 5:28pm CST

Anyone own it and where did you fit it in at?
Re: In-hand Images: Transformers Generations Protectobot Hot Spot (1450000)
Posted by RAcast on December 28th, 2012 @ 5:57pm CST
dirk2243 wrote:I just picked up Hot Spot, and Laserbeak, and really on the fence about returning Laserbeak. Not really seeing him fit into anything. as a repaint of the HFTD mold...and DOTM already having a laserbeak, and i'm really having a hard time seeing him sit in my Classic/Genertions/United line.

Anyone own it and where did you fit it in at?

I like him for a Classics Laserbeak. I sometimes keep him half-transformed so he looks like a bird-plane-thing. xD I've got Dotm Laserbeak...but let's be honest, he's not -really- Laserbeak, he's just a backpack. :lol:
Though I'd really suggest Booster X-10 as a proper Classics Laserbeak, this mold is just a lot of fun and you can have it on the shelf in a multitude of ways.
Re: In-hand Images: Transformers Generations Protectobot Hot Spot (1450054)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 28th, 2012 @ 10:59pm CST

Anyone own it and where did you fit it in at?
Pre-Earth G1 Laserbeak.