In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Scoop with Holepunch and Caliburst

Monday, December 16th, 2013 10:14AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 17,589

The fine folks over atAutobase Aichi have now posted some awesome in-hand images of the upcoming Transformers Generations Deluxe Scoop with Targetmasters Holepunch and Caliburst. The images include comparisons to their G1 counterparts, and all three look to be great updates. Check out the images mirrored below.

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Scoop with Holepunch and Caliburst

Credit(s): Autobase Aichi

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Scoop with Holepunch and Caliburst (1535693)
Posted by Valandar on December 16th, 2013 @ 10:38am CST
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Scoop with Holepunch and Caliburst (1535695)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on December 16th, 2013 @ 10:39am CST
So Tracer stole Slugslinger's Targetmaster's name after that Decepticon Micromaster helicopter stole his, yet Holepunch never considered his name too silly or anything? Is Tracer copyrighted, or too generic to copyright? I guess there's no confusing a Transformer's gun with an office supply, so Holepunch wouldn't have that issue. For some reason, muddling up Targetmaster names through the generations irks me more than other name changes. Poor Stepper, forever confused with Quickmix's yellow gun...

But seriously, this guy just keeps looking better the more I see of him. The Double Targetmasters were a big part of what made '88 my favorite year, so the bar for Scoop and co. is pretty high in my mind, but this toy sails right over it!
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Scoop with Holepunch and Caliburst (1535696)
Posted by megatronus on December 16th, 2013 @ 10:41am CST
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Scoop with Holepunch and Caliburst (1535699)
Posted by Noideaforaname on December 16th, 2013 @ 10:46am CST
So very, very faithful to the originals. Too bad the originals were pretty boring...
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Scoop with Holepunch and Caliburst (1535703)
Posted by Mkall on December 16th, 2013 @ 11:08am CST
It's nice to see the two targetmasters can still combine into one BFG.

Scoop was never an outstanding character, and I think that's part of his charm. This one will be added to my shelf ASAP.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Scoop with Holepunch and Caliburst (1535705)
Posted by JazZeke on December 16th, 2013 @ 11:11am CST
I smell a shelfwarmer.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Scoop with Holepunch and Caliburst (1535711)
Posted by Ravage XK on December 16th, 2013 @ 11:25am CST
megatronus wrote:Like Armada Starcream, I'm definitely getting this guy, but also like Armada Starscream, he seems bland. Maybe it's the pastel colors?

Agreed, seems unfinished. Very cheap looking.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Scoop with Holepunch and Caliburst (1535712)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on December 16th, 2013 @ 11:26am CST
I'e said it before, and I'll say it again: God, I hope this gets redone as Scrapper.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Scoop with Holepunch and Caliburst (1535718)
Posted by Rated X on December 16th, 2013 @ 11:49am CST
Awesome...
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Scoop with Holepunch and Caliburst (1535729)
Posted by Manterax Prime on December 16th, 2013 @ 12:37pm CST
It would appear Scoop is a graduate of The X-Brawn Institute of Head Hiding.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Scoop with Holepunch and Caliburst (1535741)
Posted by Hoitytoity on December 16th, 2013 @ 1:09pm CST
Valandar wrote:Okay, this is possibly one of the best combos of faithfulness to the original toy, with outstanding robot mode proportions and relatively minimal kibble. I must have this!

Very well said, my friend. >:oP
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Scoop with Holepunch and Caliburst (1535749)
Posted by kirbenvost on December 16th, 2013 @ 1:55pm CST
Haha, I am so in the minority here, but I absolutely love it. He's G1 but new at the same time and comes with 2 targetmasters! And when's the last time we saw a decent construction vehicle alt mode from Hasbro? There were some Bayverse guys of course but I've never liked the aesthetic as much and some of them were jumbled messes. This guy gives me a huge nostalgia kick for the Unicron Trilogy days, and I like it. Definite buy! :D
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Scoop with Holepunch and Caliburst (1535751)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on December 16th, 2013 @ 1:57pm CST
used to have this guy in his g1 glory... minus the targetmasters

that being said, I like the robots but when the ''assemble'' both targetmasters, they pretty much look like two robots lying on top of one another. they look better separated:)
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Scoop with Holepunch and Caliburst (1535762)
Posted by craggy on December 16th, 2013 @ 2:19pm CST
such orange!

gotta say, I like him. A little visually overpowering perhaps, but he is very accurate, and yet plenty updated too. Love his wee dudes, and Autobot construction vehicles always have that "something to prove" vibe that makes me like them, like an F15 trying to be heroic!
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Scoop with Holepunch and Caliburst (1535770)
Posted by ShardFenix on December 16th, 2013 @ 2:44pm CST
I hate how simple ad boring the transformation look, but i love the figure. Ill buy it because it looks great, but it doesnt look like fun.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Scoop with Holepunch and Caliburst (1535778)
Posted by CaptainMagic on December 16th, 2013 @ 3:04pm CST
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Scoop with Holepunch and Caliburst (1535780)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 16th, 2013 @ 3:11pm CST
CaptainMagic wrote:I like him because he's so very, very close to a semi-realistic loader altmode, but it really bums me out that there are basically no true-to-life construction machines in Transformers. The likenesses are always just close enough that ninety percent of people won't care, and the few of us fans that grew up with the real thing in our back yards just have to deal with it. In this guy's case, he has no articulation point for steering, and the proportions are off. I'll tell myself it's a Cybertronian loader and be happy, but it still sucks that they can't go spend ten minutes looking at real machines before they okay the toys.

Any closer, and Hasbro will have to deal with the lawyers from Caterpillar :lol:
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Scoop with Holepunch and Caliburst (1535798)
Posted by cruizerdave on December 16th, 2013 @ 3:53pm CST
Is it just me, or do the save the best stuff for the later waves. This looks ridiculously awesome!
I'm betting they'll do a Scrapper repaint at some point, and I'll buy that too. Great stuff!
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Scoop with Holepunch and Caliburst (1535817)
Posted by Stormrider on December 16th, 2013 @ 5:22pm CST
The proportions and range of motion looks very good. As someone else stated - the transformation looks to be on the easy side.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Scoop with Holepunch and Caliburst (1535819)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on December 16th, 2013 @ 5:32pm CST
I really can't wait to get Scoop!

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Tomy Transformers Animated TA-18 Snarl & TA-19 Swoop set - Time Remaining: 4 days 6 hours 32 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers 2011 MOVIE DOTM Cyberverse Legion Class MEGATRON FIGURE COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 6 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers G1 1989 HOT ROD PATROL MOSC complete micromaster - Time Remaining: 4 days 16 hours 54 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Classics Henkei Electro Disruptor MIRAGE clear exclusive rare Japan - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 26 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Generations IDW Deluxe Class HOIST Autobot - Time Remaining: 5 days 7 hours 43 minutes
Kaiyodo Revoltech No19 Transformers Optimus Prime Convoy Used complete in Box - Time Remaining: 5 days 6 hours 29 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers G1 Powermaster Overlord radar dish - Time Remaining: 4 days 20 hours 53 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers G1 Powermaster Overlord double gun - Time Remaining: 4 days 20 hours 53 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive