In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl

Monday, January 20th, 2014 10:19AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 17,894

Just in from HK-TF member stevenhyk we have some in-hand images of the upcoming Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Whirl. The figure boast a very G1 appearance and even comes with a decal sheet and his four trademark accessories. Check out the images mirrored below:

Transformers News: Re: First In-package Generations Whirl Image

Transformers News: Re: First In-package Generations Whirl Image

Transformers News: Re: First In-package Generations Whirl Image

Transformers News: Re: First In-package Generations Whirl Image

Transformers News: Re: First In-package Generations Whirl Image

Transformers News: Re: First In-package Generations Whirl Image
Credit(s): HK-TF member stevenhyk
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1543408)
Posted by Noideaforaname on January 20th, 2014 @ 10:25am CST

I wonder if a Kreon can fit in the pilot seat...

EDIT:
El Duque wrote:

Hmmm, Whirl's looking kinda small...

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1543409)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 20th, 2014 @ 10:33am CST
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1543412)
Posted by Rated X on January 20th, 2014 @ 11:02am CST
Noideaforaname wrote:He may not be the Whirl I wanted, but he looks to be a damn good Whirl regardless.

I wonder if a Kreon can fit in the pilot seat...

EDIT:
El Duque wrote:

Hmmm, Whirl's looking kinda small...

Actually springer was just too big. I think scale was disregarded in springer because kids think big is cool. This new whirl figure figure seems a bit shorter and is more to my liking. It should go nicely with the upcoming fansproject Roadbuster.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1543413)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 20th, 2014 @ 11:04am CST
:DANCE: Stickers!
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1543414)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on January 20th, 2014 @ 11:06am CST
Well I like the stickers, only because it means that the big obnoxious autobot symbols are optional, kinda like the kre-o sets.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1543416)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 20th, 2014 @ 11:26am CST
Stickers?! Sheesh, Hasbro's pulling out all the stops on the maximum G1-ness of this thing. :KREMZEEK:

He's not the Whirl we deserve, but he is the Whirl we need. :P
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1543419)
Posted by Diem on January 20th, 2014 @ 11:30am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:This will be interesting to see. Who will praise Hasbro after condemning TakaraTomy for the stickers? :roll:

Though I actually like the AM series I can't help but point out that those stickers are more or less "necessary" to apply in the absence of paint apps in key areas while these ones are more optional. This way people can have their comic-accurate or toy-accurate versions. That said I'm sure people will complain about these.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1543423)
Posted by hinomars19 on January 20th, 2014 @ 11:36am CST

I liked the idea of the stickers on the AM line, but sadly the execution was questionable, mostly because rather than adding extra detail they replaced paint apps. I still enjoyed adding them to my Ratchet but they are tricky and feel they are filling the wrong purpose. I loved the optional decals way back on TT's MP 3 Starscream, I loved and added the stripes to BT Skids, Gen Metroplex was a hoot, I decided not to add the faction sticker to MP Tigertrack and this, well this is a nice surprise!:D
I keep forgetting Whirl is even coming...still haven't got Rhinox and Waspinator :-(
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1543432)
Posted by Mkall on January 20th, 2014 @ 12:06pm CST
Stickers eh? Very interesting.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1543442)
Posted by STngAR on January 20th, 2014 @ 12:31pm CST
If I never knew about that figure before and someone came and showed me that and asked who I thought it was I would say Whirl. So I'm happy with this Whirl.

:MAXIMAL:
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1543461)
Posted by craggy on January 20th, 2014 @ 1:44pm CST
I wonder if the stickers are a homage thing, or just some weird way to save money, or maybe even let the fans choose what apps go on him? As long as they're good quality stickers I'm not sure I mind, but the Arms Micron ones were a bit poo.

Him being smaller than Springer, Grimlock and them isn't a bad thing. Makes him closer in height to Classics Cyclonus at least. For "REAL GLARING ACTION!"
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1543469)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 20th, 2014 @ 1:54pm CST
Stickers?! Wow. They really are going old school with this guy. Part of me says "No. Not again. You fooled me once with Metroplex, shame on you. You won't fool me twice." And then another part of me says "Okay, shame on me. Those are so getting put on."

Impressive that they added that feature, at least for the G1 fans. Guess Hasbro IS paying attention to detail. More so than we thought.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1543488)
Posted by Ballistic90 on January 20th, 2014 @ 3:19pm CST
How can they honestly say Whirl has 3 modes? That's pretty much B.S.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1543490)
Posted by OptimusPrimeval on January 20th, 2014 @ 3:26pm CST
I'm not a fan of the backwards chicken-legs, but then I wasn't a fan of his original skis either so it's not like my position has changed. I'm guessing he won't be visiting the UK anyway, like the rest of his voyager mates.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1543496)
Posted by durroth on January 20th, 2014 @ 3:44pm CST
I like this, but damnit hasbro, if sticker sheets are gonna be a thing again, for the love of god make replacement sheets available on your website! I have several stickers missing from metroplex because they got ripped or fell on the carpet and wouldn't stick.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1543507)
Posted by sabrigami on January 20th, 2014 @ 4:29pm CST
I hope that his legs can actually bend like they do on his box art and in the concept art we saw ages ago. hopefully he will be in reviewer's hands soon so we can really see what he can do
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1543516)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 20th, 2014 @ 5:54pm CST
I said before that I find this Whrild UGLY AS HELL.
Still...
That very very retro look.
Them G1esque sticker sheet.
Accessories.
Functional cockpit.

Why, oh why does that ugly duckling make me feel all giddy inside?!
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1543522)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on January 20th, 2014 @ 6:25pm CST
OptimusPrimeval wrote: I'm guessing he won't be visiting the UK anyway, like the rest of his voyager mates.

I feel ya, friend. I never ONCE got a hold of HFTD Lugnut. Had to buy him online.
Rated X wrote:

I wonder if a Kreon can fit in the pilot seat...

EDIT:
El Duque wrote:

Hmmm, Whirl's looking kinda small...

I always thought Grimmy's size was due to being so damn hollow, and Springer (and Blitz) to being Triple Changers.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1543526)
Posted by Stormrider on January 20th, 2014 @ 6:44pm CST
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1543527)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on January 20th, 2014 @ 6:51pm CST
Stormrider wrote:I seem to be one of the few people that love this Whirl. I feel so un-hip. What were people hoping for a Whirl? Is there a picture?

Don't feel un-hip; people were simply hoping for a figure reflecting his most recent and widely loved characterization from James Roberts' More Than Meets the Eye comic.
<!-- ia1 -->image.jpg<!-- ia1 -->
<!-- ia0 -->image.jpg<!-- ia0 -->

Ending Soon On eBay

Hasbro Transformers Dark Of The Moon Mechtech Roadbuster NIB - Time Remaining: 4 days 18 hours 28 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers Grimlock Evolution 2 packToys R Us Exclusive Set! 1984-2014 - Time Remaining: 3 days 23 hours 39 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers Generations MASSIVE METROPLEX Titan Class SDCC Exclusive HASBRO MIB - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 hours 27 minutes 14 seconds
Hasbro Transformers G1 Headmaster Scorponok Base Figure w/ Shield, Lasers.... - Time Remaining: 4 days 1 hour 28 minutes 38 seconds
TransFormers revenge of the fallen Custom Skids And Mudflap - Time Remaining: 3 days 18 hours 45 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Universe Optimus Primal 2003 with CD-ROM NIB Beast - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 30 minutes 56 seconds
Takara Transformers Galaxy Force Cybertron GC-10 Nitro Convoy Override Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 16 minutes 6 seconds
transformers g1 seacons Piranacon - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 34 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016