Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Class Beast Fire Predaking

Saturday, May 18th, 2013 3:02PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 29,297

Thanks to Ozformers members colin78 and griffin we have our first in-hand images of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Class Beast Fire Predaking. griffin's post, which contains a nice written review, can be found be clicking here.

Credit(s): Ozformers users griffin and colin78
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Class Beast Fire Predaking (1488397)
Posted by Seibertron on May 18th, 2013 @ 3:08pm CDT
I'm really looking forward to this and the huge Optimus Prime as well. It's been a while since we've had some Leader Class or Supreme Class toys. :D
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Class Beast Fire Predaking (1488401)
Posted by Eagleblaster on May 18th, 2013 @ 3:22pm CDT
He looks good. And those back legs don't seem bad. I originally wanted this guy over titan metroplex. I could just picture this guy on my shelf with his wings spread shadowing over the smaller figures. Ok I'm 90% sold.

Now that's what you call a dragon transformer.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Class Beast Fire Predaking (1488404)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 18th, 2013 @ 3:30pm CDT
I'm not liking how his wings just kinda hang off the back like that.

Doesn't look particularly exciting, but it does seem to go in scale with the Voyager Optimus. I might get this, but it's definitely not a priority. >:oP
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Class Beast Fire Predaking (1488406)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 18th, 2013 @ 4:13pm CDT
Wow. He's painfully simplistic.

So, by going with the Voyager, I not only own a more complex figure, but I saved a boatload of money? WIN.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Class Beast Fire Predaking (1488407)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on May 18th, 2013 @ 4:19pm CDT
Pretty Meh overall. I honestly think Ripclaw makes for a better looking beast mode, as the limbs look like an animals and not all akward and blocky. The chest detailing is cool, and I do like the sorta matt black on it, but definitely nothing I'm interested in. Rather put that cash towards Metroplex.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Class Beast Fire Predaking (1488410)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 18th, 2013 @ 4:38pm CDT
One word: Gimme.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Class Beast Fire Predaking (1488414)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 18th, 2013 @ 5:21pm CDT
Looks pretty awesome. If I was into collecting the beasts and had the space for it, I'd definitely pick this up over the voyager class. The paint job and color layout just look so much better, instead of the plain unpainted orange wings and shoulders. I guess the voyager has more paint detail on the chest but the ultimate one still looks better.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Class Beast Fire Predaking (1488415)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 18th, 2013 @ 6:02pm CDT
Predaking's got a cool "evil knight lord/dragon" thing going, more so than the smaller versions manage to evoke, but he's still pretty bland and uninspired. I mean, he's a cool evil knight lord/dragon, but there are so many of those types of characters (not necessarily both knight lord AND dragon) it's kinda like "yawn, seen it".

The gimmicks nullifying any type of articulation in his neck and tail kill it for me.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Class Beast Fire Predaking (1488420)
Posted by Eagleblaster on May 18th, 2013 @ 6:35pm CDT
Whoa ho oh ho oh oh oh, check out his wing span. He can fly like an Eagle and frighten small kids. He's big bad and mean looking and he...

A bad as dragon that can transform. :grin:
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Class Beast Fire Predaking (1488426)
Posted by Xephon0930 on May 18th, 2013 @ 7:00pm CDT
Simple is not necessarily a bad thing. Unlike Optimus, he looks great in both modes and is also more in scale than the Voyager version. Plus the light up gimmick adds more terror to this guy. I'll definitely get him as soon as I can.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Class Beast Fire Predaking (1488428)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 18th, 2013 @ 7:05pm CDT
Xephon0930 wrote:Simple is not necessarily a bad thing.

Well, if we're paying $40+ for something this big, complexity would make it all the better. Revenge of the Fallen Optimus Prime, who is nice, big, and very complex, was worth every penny (even got the Deluxe Preview Soundwave for five bucks extra to boot!).
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Class Beast Fire Predaking (1488431)
Posted by Xephon0930 on May 18th, 2013 @ 7:10pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Xephon0930 wrote:Simple is not necessarily a bad thing.

Don't remind me. The RotF was so good, Takara milked it and as in a rare occasion, it was worth ever deposit spent. But alas, this is still part of the TF Prime line which started so well but then gradually fell from grace. I take what I can get but still cautiously avoid the worst stuff. Like the Prime that was released in the same Class.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Class Beast Fire Predaking (1488490)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on May 18th, 2013 @ 11:36pm CDT
Interesting, I don't care for it but it does look interesting. :VEHI:
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Class Beast Fire Predaking (1488498)
Posted by TimothyR on May 19th, 2013 @ 12:04am CDT
Wow, I absolutely HATE the placement of the wings in robot mode.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Class Beast Fire Predaking (1488507)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 19th, 2013 @ 12:36am CDT
Hmm. Now that I see the size comparison pics, I realize that he's more akin to a Leader Class figure. He's big, no doubt, especially in the wing span department, but he's not a great deal bigger than the Voyager in the body size. Looks just large enough to be a Pretender shell for him.

The way they tried selling us on the idea made it sound like he was just this massive piece of plastic and electronics. He's not. He's really not *that* much larger than the Voyager. I'm even less impressed than I was previously.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Class Beast Fire Predaking (1488510)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 19th, 2013 @ 12:55am CDT
TimothyR wrote:Wow, I absolutely HATE the placement of the wings in robot mode.

Yeah, the lower back is a weird place to attach wings, and both the Voyager and this Predaking do just that, but for whatever reasons the Cyberverse does not.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Class Beast Fire Predaking (1488511)
Posted by Micronautsdeep on May 19th, 2013 @ 12:56am CDT
If I'd known about this one I wouldn't have gotten the Voyager. This is awesome! :shock: :APPLAUSE:
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Class Beast Fire Predaking (1488522)
Posted by RhA on May 19th, 2013 @ 1:51am CDT
I really like the look of this thing. I agree the wings are sorta off, but nothing I'll loose sleep over. Predaking needs only one thing: a decent pricetag.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Class Beast Fire Predaking (1488616)
Posted by Metrosuplex on May 19th, 2013 @ 11:48am CDT

Put a Shockwave on the shelf? GONE. Predaking? It's like you're asking stores to lose money... :BANG_HEAD:

That said, I'd be willing to pick him up at a discount or heavy markdown, but I've already got a Voyager Predaking, and this one seems excessive. Why can't we get more variety, Hasbro? Do we need THREE sizes of Predaking? (Or at the very least, start working in shrink rays into the show, so the 3 sizes makes some sense... :michaelbay: )
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Class Beast Fire Predaking (1488631)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 19th, 2013 @ 1:27pm CDT
MetroSUplex wrote:It's going to shelf-warm. Have you seen how many Predaking's are lining the shelves???? I think it's absolutely insane to make a THIRD version, when the previous two aren't really moving at all.

Predaking is like the Megatron of the Predacon faction. They aren't just gunna make one version and call it a day.

Ending Soon On eBay

HOT TOYS TF001 Transformers G1 Optimus Prime (Starscream Version) 12" - Time Remaining: 2 days 7 hours 1 minute 4 seconds
Transformers Sentinel Prime Figure Titans Return Voyager Class 2016 Hasbro MISB - Time Remaining: 4 days 6 hours 31 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers Galvatron Figure Titans Return Voyager Class 2016 Hasbro MISB - Time Remaining: 4 days 16 minutes 43 seconds
Takara Masterpiece Transformers MP 9B Black Rodimus Convoy - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 21 minutes
Transformers Movie 2007 MA-21 Leader Class Premium Optimus Prime MISB - Time Remaining: 1 day 15 hours 52 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers Beast Machines. Thrust - Time Remaining: 2 days 1 hour 8 minutes 39 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Beast Wars Rattrap Transmetal Action Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 13 hours 56 minutes 4 seconds
Blurr Transformers Figure/Autobot/Cybertron/G1/1986 Takara Hasbro Toys - Time Remaining: 2 days 7 hours 56 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory