Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Voyager Dreadwing

Sunday, August 12th, 2012 3:08PM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 47,395

Hot on the heels of our first overseas sighting of Transformers Prime Dreadwing, we now have an extensive in-hand gallery of the highly anticipated Wave 3 Voyager courtesy of TFND. Fingers crossed that this guy starts showing up Stateside soon! Images mirrored below.

Credit(s): TFND
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Voyager Dreadwing (1409409)
Posted by Va'al on August 12th, 2012 @ 3:19pm CDT
He looks really cool!

..apart from those hands in jet mode. What happened there?!
He's virtually kibble-free in both mode, and then he's got butt-hands!
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Voyager Dreadwing (1409410)
Posted by BeastProwl on August 12th, 2012 @ 3:21pm CDT
:BOOM: Hes crafted from pure win!
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Voyager Dreadwing (1409412)
Posted by frogbat on August 12th, 2012 @ 3:25pm CDT
This is a whole bag of major want!

Pity about the hands showing in plane mode but at least my biggest pet peeve doesn't seem to be a problem here (the robot head showing in alt mode like voyager prime starscream) + proper undercarriage and not much in the way of kibble.. This looks like one of the best figures this year
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Voyager Dreadwing (1409414)
Posted by STngAR on August 12th, 2012 @ 3:30pm CDT
Great looking figure. Just cant help but think "Look mom, no hands" :MAXIMAL:
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Voyager Dreadwing (1409416)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on August 12th, 2012 @ 3:34pm CDT
I can't describe how awesome this is I'll let this guy explain it for me
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Voyager Dreadwing (1409423)
Posted by watsnit on August 12th, 2012 @ 3:58pm CDT
love the jet mode, not a big fan of the character but will pick it when I find him!!love air superiority!!
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Voyager Dreadwing (1409427)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on August 12th, 2012 @ 4:21pm CDT
gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme :KREMZEEK:
oh and im gonna customize the shit outta that gun.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Voyager Dreadwing (1409429)
Posted by ToaCorix on August 12th, 2012 @ 4:29pm CDT
Oh gosh luvvvv that u can put him in a guardian mode!!!
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Voyager Dreadwing (1409437)
Posted by omega666 on August 12th, 2012 @ 5:00pm CDT
Man I hate the use of ball joints on voyagers. Just looks like a slightly larger deluxe figure. Other than that, he looks fine.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Voyager Dreadwing (1409439)
Posted by Erailea on August 12th, 2012 @ 5:09pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Voyager Dreadwing (1409442)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 12th, 2012 @ 5:31pm CDT
So much want in this figure.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Voyager Dreadwing (1409445)
Posted by Swindle01 on August 12th, 2012 @ 5:40pm CDT
am i the only one who looks at this figure and can see Beast Wars Depthcharge?
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Voyager Dreadwing (1409446)
Posted by PrymeStriker on August 12th, 2012 @ 5:45pm CDT

Robot mode? Could be bulkier in the back, but I still love it. This guy is a total must have.

Jet-Robot hybrid? Haha. That's funny.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Voyager Dreadwing (1409452)
Posted by Geekee1 on August 12th, 2012 @ 5:55pm CDT
Really really excited for this guy. I can overlook the hands in alt mode for all of the other awesomeness of this figure.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Voyager Dreadwing (1409453)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on August 12th, 2012 @ 5:56pm CDT
Erailea wrote:Look cool, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Distribution with this line sucks hardcore.

this^ i will probably end up getting him and the rest of the voyagers off of bbts or TFsource.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Voyager Dreadwing (1409454)
Posted by DMSL on August 12th, 2012 @ 5:59pm CDT
He looks awesome.

:BOWDOWN:
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Voyager Dreadwing (1409455)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on August 12th, 2012 @ 6:00pm CDT
Yeah the issue with the hands in alt-mode sounds unanimous around Dreadwing though awesome he still is. But as usual I'm wondering what to expect from the Takara version... :-? . What of his gun, does it look like it has a lame gimmick like Voyager SS and Voyager Prime?
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Voyager Dreadwing (1409456)
Posted by burning_sirius on August 12th, 2012 @ 6:02pm CDT
Warning a mini-rant. Why... why must the weapons be giant blocks of technology with no way to lock into place. Why? Don't get me wrong. I like the mechtech weapons. I proudly display my movie trilogy Optimus with most of my Autobot ones. (Including many Optimus ones though I am missing a few). Even if they did not want it to lock into place, how come they could not of done like they did with mechtech and just made a gun that transforms into a 'larger' gun, UGH. The gun looks cool, but the intrepid collector has to rubber band the weapon to lock into place. Why must the weapons have LEDs? I mean why not a locking button to activate the LED. I am an engineer btw. I have no clue why this mechanic was even implemented. I love this figure. I love the gun. I was like, heck yeah! Then I saw a clear plastic band holding the gun into its gun configuration and was super depressed.

It is such a sad waste to see I am going to spend money on something I am not ever going to be able to use. I am sure people on here will hate me for saying all of this. These are my legit feelings on the matter. Megatron's is the only one that is cool since it can lock into place with some fidling + it is a gun no matter what!
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Voyager Dreadwing (1409457)
Posted by burning_sirius on August 12th, 2012 @ 6:04pm CDT
PrimeStriker wrote:Jet mode? Awesome! Incredible! The ROTF Starscream syndrome has reached him, however. Poor hands, back there.

Jet-Robot hybrid? Haha. That's funny.

That is called a Gerwalk mode. Watch Macross.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime Voyager Dreadwing (1409459)
Posted by Sodan-1 on August 12th, 2012 @ 6:07pm CDT
That guy looks bloody awesome. His jet nozzle looks a little small, but who cares?!

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering