Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: In-Package Image: Asian Exclusive Transformers Dark of the Moon Leader Class Optimus Prime & Megatron Two-Pack

Tuesday, July 31st, 2012 6:19PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 45,404

eBay seller animetropolis gives us an in-package image of the Asian Exclusive Transformers Dark of Moon Leader Class Optimus Prime and Megatron two-pack. Interestingly, this set features the 2007 movie Leader Class Opimus Prime and Megatron. Image mirrored below.

There doesn't appear to be any difference in their deco from the originals:

Credit(s): animetropolis
Re: In-Package Image: Asian Exclusive Transformers Dark of the Moon Leader Class Optimus Prime & Megatron Two-Pack (1406260)
Posted by WolfDawg on July 31st, 2012 @ 6:33pm CDT
I'm still trying to figure out what purpose this set serves.
Re: In-Package Image: Asian Exclusive Transformers Dark of the Moon Leader Class Optimus Prime & Megatron Two-Pack (1406261)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on July 31st, 2012 @ 6:34pm CDT
Thta's too bad... I was hoping for a nice shiny Megatron...
Re: In-Package Image: Asian Exclusive Transformers Dark of the Moon Leader Class Optimus Prime & Megatron Two-Pack (1406272)
Posted by Kanyon on July 31st, 2012 @ 7:16pm CDT
So uh.. My brain hurts now. Maybe it's for the fans who never got those 2? I have no idea. Like the above poster said. Whats the purpose?
Re: In-Package Image: Asian Exclusive Transformers Dark of the Moon Leader Class Optimus Prime & Megatron Two-Pack (1406275)
Posted by RAcast on July 31st, 2012 @ 7:38pm CDT
This wouldn't be so strange if the '07 Prime mold wasn't so god awful. I mean, on one hand, I understand why they did both of the 07 molds...but if you can have the 07 Leader or the Rotf Leader/oneofthethousandremolds Prime, you'll want the latter.
Re: In-Package Image: Asian Exclusive Transformers Dark of the Moon Leader Class Optimus Prime & Megatron Two-Pack (1406276)
Posted by TulioDude on July 31st, 2012 @ 7:39pm CDT
So much 2007 nostalgia :x
Would be a nice chance to aquire Megatron,but i already've Optimus.
Re: In-Package Image: Asian Exclusive Transformers Dark of the Moon Leader Class Optimus Prime & Megatron Two-Pack (1406281)
Posted by STngAR on July 31st, 2012 @ 8:03pm CDT
At this rate the movie line will be around for another 6 years.

I know what we need, a Bumblebee 3pack!
:MAXIMAL:
Re: In-Package Image: Asian Exclusive Transformers Dark of the Moon Leader Class Optimus Prime & Megatron Two-Pack (1406283)
Posted by harvester on July 31st, 2012 @ 8:07pm CDT
Re: In-Package Image: Asian Exclusive Transformers Dark of the Moon Leader Class Optimus Prime & Megatron Two-Pack (1406284)
Posted by dumbprime on July 31st, 2012 @ 8:12pm CDT
Re: In-Package Image: Asian Exclusive Transformers Dark of the Moon Leader Class Optimus Prime & Megatron Two-Pack (1406289)
Posted by Dean ML on July 31st, 2012 @ 8:34pm CDT
This makes zero sense, especially why they opted for Meg's original (and sh!t hideous) "iceman" paint scheme. The RotF leader Prime mold made the 2007 Prime mold completely obsolete. I got rid of my Premium leader Prime two years ago and never missed him for a minute. The 2007 Megatron mold wasn't bad at all, though, and still love looking at my Premium edition out on display (going up against a RotF Prime, of course!).
Re: In-Package Image: Asian Exclusive Transformers Dark of the Moon Leader Class Optimus Prime & Megatron Two-Pack (1406290)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 31st, 2012 @ 8:34pm CDT
harvester wrote:This Optimus mold is a good candidate for a repaint/customization. Because it looks so different and is bulky and boxy, I'd like to see another Motormaster custom from this mold or RID/Car Robots Scourge. Would look good next to the ROTF Prime

YOU!

STOP TEMPTING ME!

I already Customised a 2007 Starscream and a Xover Hulk by mashing them together because I had them twice. Even if I think that the Leader 2007 Movie Optimus Prime is an excellent toy, I have troubles selling my second because he's not popular enough.

So, why not customising it?

Still, my style is to make strange and weird customs. So, what can I do with a 2007 leader OP that would set it appart from the rest while still being transformable? Just repainting him into "Toxitron" or "Scourge" or "Nemesis Prime" is lame.

Any ideas?
Re: In-Package Image: Asian Exclusive Transformers Dark of the Moon Leader Class Optimus Prime & Megatron Two-Pack (1406291)
Posted by Shockwave7 on July 31st, 2012 @ 8:38pm CDT
Thanks - for reminding me what a horrible piece of garbage 07 'Megatron' was. I'm glad I never bought one...

You would think they'd have put a little more effort into designing the MAJOR villain of the movie....
Re: In-Package Image: Asian Exclusive Transformers Dark of the Moon Leader Class Optimus Prime & Megatron Two-Pack (1406301)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on July 31st, 2012 @ 8:56pm CDT
I've got that Megatron, and I still think he's awesome. :KREMZEEK: :CON:
Re: In-Package Image: Asian Exclusive Transformers Dark of the Moon Leader Class Optimus Prime & Megatron Two-Pack (1406331)
Posted by Megatronsdemise666 on July 31st, 2012 @ 10:19pm CDT
If they gave megatron a better head sculpt and upscaled him to the same hight as rotf optimus then i would see it being a lil more worth it.

But he just the same? :(
Re: In-Package Image: Asian Exclusive Transformers Dark of the Moon Leader Class Optimus Prime & Megatron Two-Pack (1406335)
Posted by Bubbah on July 31st, 2012 @ 10:26pm CDT
STngAR wrote:At this rate the movie line will be around for another 6 years.

I know what we need, a Bumblebee 3pack!
:MAXIMAL:

Shhhh... You might give someone over at HasTak marketing an idea ... A Bee from each movie! Haha
Re: In-Package Image: Asian Exclusive Transformers Dark of the Moon Leader Class Optimus Prime & Megatron Two-Pack (1406367)
Posted by noctorro on August 1st, 2012 @ 1:49am CDT
Megatronsdemise666 wrote:If they gave megatron a better head sculpt and upscaled him to the same hight as rotf optimus

>:oP This has never been done.

They should've given both very different paintschemes.
Re: In-Package Image: Asian Exclusive Transformers Dark of the Moon Leader Class Optimus Prime & Megatron Two-Pack (1406382)
Posted by Mykltron on August 1st, 2012 @ 4:19am CDT
dumbprime wrote:Anyone else notice that it looks like they removed Primes weapon from hanging off his right forearm.
It always was removeable, just requiring a very hard yank to do so.
Re: In-Package Image: Asian Exclusive Transformers Dark of the Moon Leader Class Optimus Prime & Megatron Two-Pack (1406405)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on August 1st, 2012 @ 7:38am CDT
Back in 2007 when I first got Prime, I thought he looked great, and super movie accurate. Then ROTF came along and I looked at '07 prime again... And wonder if I was high the past 2 years... :shock:

But yeah, it's still a great figure, just that the ROtF one is much better.

Megatron is nice though, better than ROTF with the small and huge arm.
Re: In-Package Image: Asian Exclusive Transformers Dark of the Moon Leader Class Optimus Prime & Megatron Two-Pack (1406406)
Posted by tmk9883 on August 1st, 2012 @ 7:46am CDT
Maybe they just located a bunch of old stock and needed a way to unload it?
Re: In-Package Image: Asian Exclusive Transformers Dark of the Moon Leader Class Optimus Prime & Megatron Two-Pack (1406414)
Posted by Heavy B on August 1st, 2012 @ 8:20am CDT
WolfDawg wrote:I'm still trying to figure out what purpose this set serves.

MONEY MONEY MONEY
Re: In-Package Image: Asian Exclusive Transformers Dark of the Moon Leader Class Optimus Prime & Megatron Two-Pack (1406429)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 1st, 2012 @ 9:10am CDT
"Asian Exclusive"? Why do I see TakaraTomy on the top-right corner of the box?
Re: In-Package Image: Asian Exclusive Transformers Dark of the Moon Leader Class Optimus Prime & Megatron Two-Pack (1406436)
Posted by Kibble on August 1st, 2012 @ 9:59am CDT
I think that Prime is actually a pretty cool figure...but if you're going for accuracy, I don't know why anyone would bother since ROTF leader mold is an option.
Re: In-Package Image: Asian Exclusive Transformers Dark of the Moon Leader Class Optimus Prime & Megatron Two-Pack (1406507)
Posted by Megatronsdemise666 on August 1st, 2012 @ 1:20pm CDT
noctorro wrote:

>:oP This has never been done.

They should've given both very different paintschemes.

Yeah. Sonething at least.

i hope hasbro doesnt make these amazon exclusive

I think with how much love the rotf prime mold got we coulda gotten at least a retooled megatron
Re: In-Package Image: Asian Exclusive Transformers Dark of the Moon Leader Class Optimus Prime & Megatron Two-Pack (1406516)
Posted by BIGGUY007 on August 1st, 2012 @ 1:41pm CDT
STngAR wrote:I know what we need, a Bumblebee 3pack! :MAXIMAL:

Already been done!!!!

:BOT: :CON:
Re: In-Package Image: Asian Exclusive Transformers Dark of the Moon Leader Class Optimus Prime & Megatron Two-Pack (1406546)
Posted by RAcast on August 1st, 2012 @ 3:34pm CDT
BIGGUY007 wrote:
STngAR wrote:I know what we need, a Bumblebee 3pack! :MAXIMAL:

Already been done!!!!

:BOT: :CON:

But 2/3 of those are the GOOD Bumblebees!
Re: In-Package Image: Asian Exclusive Transformers Dark of the Moon Leader Class Optimus Prime & Megatron Two-Pack (1406606)
Posted by amtm on August 1st, 2012 @ 7:19pm CDT
Let's see, two steps forward, two steps back...

When they make a Leader Megatron based on his DOTM design, which had an actual vehicle mode, rather than "cybertronian pile of crap", I'll care. Until then I'm happy with my RTS G1 Legends Megatron.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014