Transformers News: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27 through AM-29

Thursday, December 13th, 2012 8:21AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 24,332

Courtesy of site sponsor Robotkingdom's facebook page we some in-package shots of their latest shipment from Hasbro/Takara Tomy. The figures include:

• Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Voyagers Blaster with Steejaw and Grimlock
  • Transformers Masterpiece MP-14 Red Alert with Collector Coin
  • Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27 Ultra Magnus, AM-28 Leo Prime, and AM-29 Shockwave
  • Capbots

In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27,28,29

Credit(s): Robotkingdom
Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27 through AM-29 (1446245)
Posted by Rated X on December 13th, 2012 @ 8:35am CST
A little disappointed in grimlock. He has too many distinct features of the animated version. He might work for classics. I want to see him out of the box. I wish somebody would open up the Shockwave already. I want to see if he is going to be a more G1 cartoon accurate purple. Photos of purple always seem to be more bluish that in real life. I want him to be bluish this time. And by the way those cap-bots just suck. A failed attempt to try to appeal to urban collectors. Stick to actual clothes.
Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27 through AM-29 (1446246)
Posted by njb902 on December 13th, 2012 @ 8:35am CST
Mmmmmm grimlock and blaster too :BOWDOWN:
Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27 through AM-29 (1446247)
Posted by GuyIncognito on December 13th, 2012 @ 8:37am CST
Damn, now I'm tempted to import Leo Prime. I love the paint job and I don't trust Hasbro to release it here.
Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27 through AM-29 (1446250)
Posted by fordprefect294 on December 13th, 2012 @ 8:44am CST
Compared to the package artwork, the paint job on Grimlock looks really dull. I hope that's just bad lighting or something. Kinda disappointing looking
Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27 through AM-29 (1446251)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 13th, 2012 @ 8:46am CST
Squee, new Super Combo Weapons! :grin:

Ultra Magnus' Corona Glaive may be the best looking, followed by the Leonid Tonfa. Since when do tonfas have blades? Shockwave's Shooting Star Scissors (try saying that 3 times fast) is downright silly. O well.
Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27 through AM-29 (1446260)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 13th, 2012 @ 9:11am CST
I'm dying to know what Leo Prime's bio says.
Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27 through AM-29 (1446261)
Posted by GuyIncognito on December 13th, 2012 @ 9:13am CST
Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27 through AM-29 (1446264)
Posted by Homerjay14522 on December 13th, 2012 @ 9:34am CST
Me Need Grimlock to Munch Shockwave metal.....NOW!!!!!!!
Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27 through AM-29 (1446266)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 13th, 2012 @ 9:39am CST
My wish has been granted... sort of. Leo Prime's bio:
[quote]Leo Prime
Function: Maximal High Commander

Suddenly appearing on present-day Earth after sensing the threat of Unicron, Leo Prime is a Transformer elder who has crossed over from a distant dimension. On his former world, he was a revered high commander known as Great Lio Convoy. In order to avoid a space-time disturbance, he refrains from interfering in the battle between Optimus Prime and Megatron. However, should Unicron awaken once again, he has vowed to use his ancient sword, drawing power from his Energon Matrix, to put a stop to the evil force.

Super Combo Weapon:
Leonid Tonfa[/quote]
So... Leo Prime is the very same Lio Convoy from after both Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo, having dimension-hopped from the Japanese G1 cartoon continuity into the Japanese Prime continuity.

Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27 through AM-29 (1446270)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 13th, 2012 @ 9:50am CST
Sabrblade wrote:My wish has been granted... sort of. Leo Prime's bio:
[quote]Leo Prime
Function: Maximal High Commander

Super Combo Weapon:
Leonid Tonfa

I'm both impressed and indifferent towards this. I like how he's actually got a backstory and ended up being an established character, but at the same time, I guess I was hoping for an Aligned Continuity incarnation of Lio Convoy instead of the same exact guy having dimension-hopped and gotten a new body. Oh well.[/quote]

Well, you know who to blame, right? Put short, Leo Prime = Lio Convoy. Joy for the wiki.
Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27 through AM-29 (1446272)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on December 13th, 2012 @ 9:59am CST
DAMN! I didn't think a bio could completely turn me around on a character! I was looking at Blaster and I kept thinking what a waste of money buying that repaint would be, but checking out that bio now makes me kinda want him.

Grimlock is gonna be a buy-on-site for me, so I'm gonna need to keep around an extra $30 on me.

Need it need it need it need it need it need it need it need it need it need it.
Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27 through AM-29 (1446275)
Posted by Rhinox23 on December 13th, 2012 @ 10:27am CST
GuyIncognito wrote:After playing through FoC for the 3rd time, I can't wait to get Grimmy. Playing as him was the best part of the game, for me. The child side of me is dying to set up a bunch of Decepticon Legion-class figures and make FoC Grimlock trample them Godzilla-style.

QFT! :APPLAUSE: I loved the FOC game too and really enjoyed playing as Grimlock. I especially liked seeing most of his team running around with him as well. When you do this, you must post pictures on here. I share your excitement and cannot wait to get him! I may even buy 2...one to play with and one to display because I know I'll be transforming him a lot!
Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27 through AM-29 (1446281)
Posted by PrymeStriker on December 13th, 2012 @ 11:05am CST
They didn't use Prime Shockwave's animation model for the Prime Shockwave figure that's the same as the FoC figure.

Why am I not surprised?
Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27 through AM-29 (1446295)
Posted by El Duque on December 13th, 2012 @ 12:25pm CST
Site sponsor Robotkingdom has shared some in-hand images of the highly anticipated Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Voyagers Grimlock and Blaster with Steeljaw via their facebook page. We get to see the figure in both modes, his accessories, and a comparison with Transformers Generations: Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Class Optimus Prime. We've mirrored their images below.

Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27 through AM-29 (1446296)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 13th, 2012 @ 12:29pm CST
:shock: HE'S HUUUUUGE! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:

And not just compared to Deluxe Optimus, but he's roughly the same height as the Voyager Soundwave mold, which itself is a VERY big Voyager.
Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27 through AM-29 (1446297)
Posted by mongrel on December 13th, 2012 @ 12:33pm CST
That is the ugliest abomination for a Grimlock altmode I'll ever see.
Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27 through AM-29 (1446298)
Posted by GuyIncognito on December 13th, 2012 @ 12:42pm CST
FoC Grimlock is a better Classics Grimlock than Classics Grimlock.
Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27 through AM-29 (1446299)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 13th, 2012 @ 12:46pm CST
I never noticed it until now: Blaster's head sculpt incorporated both the toy/comic head design and the cartoon one. Well played.
Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27 through AM-29 (1446301)
Posted by RAcast on December 13th, 2012 @ 12:57pm CST
I just nerded all over the place. Grimlock looks AMAZING! I'm sure he'll probably be a little hollow, but he's HUGE. AND Hasbro CAN do an LED gimmick right, gasp! Blaster looks great too, but I'm planning on picking up Soundwave.

Did I mention that I'm REALLY excited for Grimlock now? :BOT:
Re: In-Package Images: Generations Blaster & Grimlock, MP-14 Red Alert, Capbots, Arms Micron AM-27 through AM-29 (1446302)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on December 13th, 2012 @ 1:02pm CST
im afraid of what grimlock is going to cost now, hes twice the size of a deluxe & has lights. Id be very surprised if he stays $20. But the first thing is finding him, there still hasnt been any FoC figures in any of the stores here. Been keeping my eye out for Soundwave and there arent even spots for them.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #142 - Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One
"Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One"
Posted: Sunday, April 17th, 2016