Transformers News: In-Package Images of DOTM Autobot Que, Soundwave, Dark Jetwing Prime, and Alternity Gold Bug

Wednesday, December 14th, 2011 6:49AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 44,116

Seibertron.com sponsor Robotkingdom has given us some nice in-package images of several hot incoming Dark Of The Moon and Alternity items.

First up is in-package images of DOTM Autobot Que available December 17.

When he first learned about the laws of physics, Autobot Que took them as a challenge to his intelligence. Laws, after all, were made to be broken. The Autobot technician has dedicated his life to pushing the limits of science. More often than not, his inventions of failed spectacularly, but when the succeed, they often change the course of millions of robots' lifes.

Next we have in-package images of DOTM Soundwave available December 17.

Earth is bursting with information. The very air pulses with radio waves. Worldwide computer networks vibrate with digital secrets. Soundwave collects it all, every voice is recorded, every birdsong remembered, every bit of data analyzed, information is power, and no one knows better than soundwave how to turn that power into a weapon.

In-package images of Dark Nightwatch Jetwing Optimus Prime.

Last but not least we have in-package images of Alternity Gold bug, a repaint of Bumblebee. Whose color is described as throttle gold, an homage to Goldbug's G1 origin as a throttlebot.

Credit(s): Robotkingdom.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: In-Package Images of DOTM Autobot Que, Soundwave, Dark Jetwing Prime, and Alternity Gold Bug (1323096)
Posted by ashe5k on December 14th, 2011 @ 7:08am CST

I really like the paint job, and would love to have the figure, but no extra features other than a little chrome and what looks like fewer paint apps, does not add up.

*sighs*
Re: In-Package Images of DOTM Autobot Que, Soundwave, Dark Jetwing Prime, and Alternity Gold Bug (1323097)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on December 14th, 2011 @ 7:13am CST
ashe5k wrote:So why is Dark Jet-Wing Optimus almost $50 more than normally painted Jet-Wing Optimus?

*sighs*

I think the guns being all chrome is more than just a little chrome, those are huge guns and I am sure the chrome does add up.
Re: In-Package Images of DOTM Autobot Que, Soundwave, Dark Jetwing Prime, and Alternity Gold Bug (1323098)
Posted by WolfDawg on December 14th, 2011 @ 7:28am CST
I pre ordered Dark Jetwing Prime back in September and hadn't heard any news on the figure since it was announced. I was starting to worry it would never be released! However, this is awesome news and hopefully it means I'll actually have the figure before Christmas.

The packaging, on the other hand, is really lazy. I mean, they couldn't have reshot those pictures with the black figure instead? Good thing I'm not a MISB collector though. Aside from the box, everything about the figure just screams awesome! :KREMZEEK:
Re: In-Package Images of DOTM Autobot Que, Soundwave, Dark Jetwing Prime, and Alternity Gold Bug (1323101)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 14th, 2011 @ 7:35am CST
I'm a bit sad after watching the packaging shots. Why? They're of the Japanese editions, not the US ones. >:oP
Re: In-Package Images of DOTM Autobot Que, Soundwave, Dark Jetwing Prime, and Alternity Gold Bug (1323102)
Posted by ashe5k on December 14th, 2011 @ 7:35am CST
LOST Cybertronian wrote:

*sighs*

$50 worth of chrome? O.o I've gotten real chrome parts for my car that were cheaper.
Re: In-Package Images of DOTM Autobot Que, Soundwave, Dark Jetwing Prime, and Alternity Gold Bug (1323103)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 14th, 2011 @ 7:37am CST
ashe5k wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:

*sighs*

Hello? Exclusive? :lol:
Re: In-Package Images of DOTM Autobot Que, Soundwave, Dark Jetwing Prime, and Alternity Gold Bug (1323106)
Posted by ashe5k on December 14th, 2011 @ 7:41am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
ashe5k wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:

*sighs*

Hello? Exclusive? :lol:

Is it exclusive? oh yes.. Asia exclusive... Jet-Wing only came out over there also right?
Re: In-Package Images of DOTM Autobot Que, Soundwave, Dark Jetwing Prime, and Alternity Gold Bug (1323107)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 14th, 2011 @ 7:43am CST
ashe5k wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
ashe5k wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:

*sighs*

Hello? Exclusive? :lol:

I meant he's an exclusive in Japan, not just to Japan... ;)
Re: In-Package Images of DOTM Autobot Que, Soundwave, Dark Jetwing Prime, and Alternity Gold Bug (1323110)
Posted by ashe5k on December 14th, 2011 @ 7:53am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
ashe5k wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
ashe5k wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:

*sighs*

Hello? Exclusive? :lol:

I meant he's an exclusive in Japan, not just to Japan... ;)

*shrugs* THAT changes it. ok, I did miss that and I can live with him being exclusive, but I wasn't seeing anything on the figure itself that was justifying the price hike. A low production run and exclusivity changes that. Thanks for setting me straight :)
Re: In-Package Images of DOTM Autobot Que, Soundwave, Dark Jetwing Prime, and Alternity Gold Bug (1323120)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on December 14th, 2011 @ 8:39am CST
Wow those miniguns are awesome in chrome.

The seafoam green paint apps, less so. *hork*
Re: In-Package Images of DOTM Autobot Que, Soundwave, Dark Jetwing Prime, and Alternity Gold Bug (1323122)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on December 14th, 2011 @ 8:56am CST
Hip-Hoptimus Rime wrote:Wow those miniguns are awesome in chrome.

The seafoam green paint apps, less so. *hork*

What's wrong with the green?

This thing looks awesome. Slap on a few reprolable Decepticon symboles and this is the ultimate movie Scourge.
Re: In-Package Images of DOTM Autobot Que, Soundwave, Dark Jetwing Prime, and Alternity Gold Bug (1323123)
Posted by UltraPrimal on December 14th, 2011 @ 8:56am CST
God! That Dark Nightwatch Nemesis Scourge Stealth-Camouflage Super-Chrome Darkside Jetwing Optimus Prime the Third looks fraggin' sexy! The name's a mouthful though.

I like how Goldbug is "Throttle Gold". I think I'll go to my local painting supplies store and ask them if they have "Throttle Gold.
Re: In-Package Images of DOTM Autobot Que, Soundwave, Dark Jetwing Prime, and Alternity Gold Bug (1323130)
Posted by Skywarp64 on December 14th, 2011 @ 9:26am CST
I thought Que was being marketed as Wheeljack?
Re: In-Package Images of DOTM Autobot Que, Soundwave, Dark Jetwing Prime, and Alternity Gold Bug (1323131)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 14th, 2011 @ 9:30am CST
Skywarp64 wrote:I thought Que was being marketed as Wheeljack?

In Japan he is. He's still Wheeljack for the US, which leads me to believe both he and Soundwave with be shuttled over to the Trilogy line. As noted before it's Japan-only packaging.
Re: In-Package Images of DOTM Autobot Que, Soundwave, Dark Jetwing Prime, and Alternity Gold Bug (1323134)
Posted by omega666 on December 14th, 2011 @ 9:53am CST
Man those mech tech holes are eye sores.
Re: In-Package Images of DOTM Autobot Que, Soundwave, Dark Jetwing Prime, and Alternity Gold Bug (1323137)
Posted by Anonymous. on December 14th, 2011 @ 10:02am CST
Glad I'm not into the movie stuff anymore, 'cause that's a ton of dough to throw down right there.
Re: In-Package Images of DOTM Autobot Que, Soundwave, Dark Jetwing Prime, and Alternity Gold Bug (1323140)
Posted by BeastProwl on December 14th, 2011 @ 10:13am CST
I Swear, these two should be at US Retail by now!
I Want wheeljack, soundwave, and leadfoot. I can wait for mirage, but having to wait for these guys while they dangle in front of me on the internet for months is really making me grow sore!
Re: In-Package Images of DOTM Autobot Que, Soundwave, Dark Jetwing Prime, and Alternity Gold Bug (1323141)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on December 14th, 2011 @ 10:14am CST
I really want that dark Jetwing Prime.
Re: In-Package Images of DOTM Autobot Que, Soundwave, Dark Jetwing Prime, and Alternity Gold Bug (1323147)
Posted by Autobot032 on December 14th, 2011 @ 10:27am CST
17th?? Glad I got my preorder in for those two then.
Re: In-Package Images of DOTM Autobot Que, Soundwave, Dark Jetwing Prime, and Alternity Gold Bug (1323197)
Posted by OlivusPrime on December 14th, 2011 @ 1:22pm CST
Okay, I love Soundwave and Que, but for once I'll agree with the majority in saying that Que's packaging art is rather strange.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers - Combiner Wars - Menasor - 6 Figure Boxed Set - Mint - Time Remaining: 5 days 7 hours 39 minutes 58 seconds
DW 2002 HOLOGRAM CHROME FOIL TRANSFORMERS ARMADA #1 OPTIMUS PRIME LOT OF 6(C1) - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 44 minutes 30 seconds
Takara Transformers Armada Micron MC-03 Hot Shot Rod with Jolt Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 1 minute 34 seconds
TRANSFORMERS: 2005 BOTCON EXCLUSIVE FLAMEWAR SEALED IN BAGGIE - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 2 minutes 21 seconds
TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS STARSCREAM 10" ACTION FIGURE (2014, HASBRO, NEW) - Time Remaining: 5 days 7 hours 18 minutes 16 seconds
CM's Transformers Super-god Masterforce Gutto kuru Figure Collection Ginrai New - Time Remaining: 4 days 21 hours 20 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers (RID) Super Class Optimus Prime (Gun & Missiles Only) - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 51 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers ROTF Leader Class  Jetfire (Launcher & Missile Only) - Time Remaining: 17 days 17 hours 51 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #151 - SDCC 2016