Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

In-Package Images of Reveal The Shield Voyager Deep Dive

Transformers News: In-Package Images of Reveal The Shield Voyager Deep Dive

Sunday, January 16th, 2011 6:02PM CST

Categories: Auctions, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 54,029

Deep, deep diving! The ever popular hovercraft is back in the 2011 Reveal The Shield toy line. A repaint of Hunt For The Decepticons Voyager Sea Spray, Deep Dive is deco'd in olive green and brown. Images courtesy of TFclub's Taobao give us our first look at a real and non-photoshopped Deep Dive. Sad about not seeing his bio? Hasbro revealed it earlier;

DEEP DIVE loves the sea. Floating on the calm, dark blue waters of the deepest ocean with land nowhere in sight, he can finally relax and reflect. Far away from DECEPTICONS and AUTOBOTS alike, he contemplates the true meaning of life. He appears outwardly calm, but inside his mind roils with philosophical concepts both complex and mundane. One day soon, when the war finally ends, he hopes to share his thoughts with his fellow warriors, and show them that there are more important things in life than mere victory.

Check out the packaging below!

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): TFclub Taobao
Re: In-Package Images of Reveal The Shield Voyager Deep Dive (1170094)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on January 16th, 2011 @ 6:49pm CST
I don't see how this guy can be a Decepticon with a bio like that..
Re: In-Package Images of Reveal The Shield Voyager Deep Dive (1170098)
Posted by jlogano20 on January 16th, 2011 @ 6:55pm CST
SHOW THE SIDE ALREADY!!!!!
though it seems certain hes an autobot
Re: In-Package Images of Reveal The Shield Voyager Deep Dive (1170120)
Posted by MGrotusque on January 16th, 2011 @ 7:24pm CST
I like that bio quite a bit. A TF after my own heart.

I'm glad they repainted this figure into Deepdive. I wasn't feeling Seaspray from this mold so i passed on it. Even though i really like it. It was too large for my liking to be Seaspray.

The same mold but a completely new character and colours equals a buy for me.
Re: In-Package Images of Reveal The Shield Voyager Deep Dive (1170128)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 16th, 2011 @ 7:42pm CST
Re: In-Package Images of Reveal The Shield Voyager Deep Dive (1170132)
Posted by Blurrz on January 16th, 2011 @ 7:51pm CST
Gyrotron wrote:Looks promising. I don't know how that "vehicles fit inside" mechinisim works, but, hopefully we'll find out.

Mediocre advertising;

Re: In-Package Images of Reveal The Shield Voyager Deep Dive (1170140)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 16th, 2011 @ 8:13pm CST
Ooooooooooooooooooook.

Seaspray luk awsom. :D
Re: In-Package Images of Reveal The Shield Voyager Deep Dive (1170166)
Posted by LiKwid on January 16th, 2011 @ 9:31pm CST
One thing I found funny about this whole RTS line is Turbo Tracks's bio..It starts off with "autobot Turbo tracks"..Doesn't that defeat the purpose of revealing the shield?
Re: In-Package Images of Reveal The Shield Voyager Deep Dive (1170167)
Posted by GetRightRobot on January 16th, 2011 @ 9:32pm CST
Is Deep Dive an original character? The colors look like Sky-Quake. I like it. I will get one as soon as Wal-Mart has no other figures on my want list and I have not purchased a Transformer in the past 4 hours.
Re: In-Package Images of Reveal The Shield Voyager Deep Dive (1170187)
Posted by phoenix88 on January 16th, 2011 @ 11:05pm CST
Autobot or Decepticon, i dont care. i'll take this mold in either faction, as i have done wiht Seaspray. Frankly, i'm divided on his bio. I don't mind it, but it could be much much better. that being said, i am probably gonna get this figure, maybe nto full price, but maybe just below. we'll see.
Re: In-Package Images of Reveal The Shield Voyager Deep Dive (1170193)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 16th, 2011 @ 11:11pm CST
Blurrz wrote:

Mediocre advertising;

Excellent example Blurrz.

The more I look at Deep Dive the more I'm thinking that I might have to get him. He reminds me a lot of the old GI Joe Killer Whale hovercraft. Might have to pick up the Scout Class figure Dune Runner to go with him if I can still find one. Either that or convince my son to trade his Dune Runner for my Breacher seeing as how he has Sea Spray and, as we can see from the above pic, the 2 go well together.
Re: In-Package Images of Reveal The Shield Voyager Deep Dive (1170197)
Posted by OptiMagnus on January 16th, 2011 @ 11:20pm CST
I must say I think he looks better here than in Hasbro's original pictures.
Re: In-Package Images of Reveal The Shield Voyager Deep Dive (1170210)
Posted by ShardFenix on January 17th, 2011 @ 12:27am CST
i really like him but an exact repaint with no remolding is a hard sell for me.
Re: In-Package Images of Reveal The Shield Voyager Deep Dive (1170249)
Posted by Dai_Ceefax on January 17th, 2011 @ 4:24am CST
Looks good...

Anyone else get a very 'Quake' vibe from this guy?
Re: In-Package Images of Reveal The Shield Voyager Deep Dive (1170272)
Posted by OlivusPrime on January 17th, 2011 @ 6:22am CST
Dai_Ceefax wrote:Looks good...

Anyone else get a very 'Quake' vibe from this guy?

He sure looks like one of the Marines from Quake 4. Obviously means he's soon gonna die.

I guess the fact that he's a Decepticon is meant to promote the "surprise" portion of the line, but it's still stupid.
Re: In-Package Images of Reveal The Shield Voyager Deep Dive (1170492)
Posted by ipp on January 17th, 2011 @ 3:29pm CST
Cannot wait till Deep Dive shows up around here.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014