Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-01 Optimus Prime and TG-02 Jazz

Friday, November 23rd, 2012 9:11AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 19,904

By way of the weibo user d80_boss we have in-package images of Takara Tomy's Transformers Generations TG-01 Optimus Prime and TG-02 Jazz. These figures feature alternate metallic paint jobs compared to their Hasbro counterparts. Images mirrored below.

In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-01 and TG-02

In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-01 and TG-02

In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-01 and TG-02

In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-01 and TG-02

In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-01 and TG-02

In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-01 and TG-02
Credit(s): d80_boss
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-01 Optimus Prime and TG-02 Jazz (1441805)
Posted by xyl360 on November 23rd, 2012 @ 9:17am CST
Nice, glad I have both preordered :).

As Soundwave would say: "Takara superior, Hasbro inferior." Amazing how they manage to take plastic toy robots and make them look like they're made out of metal. It must be some sort of arcane Japanese magic that Hasbro just can't unlock the secrets to.
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-01 Optimus Prime and TG-02 Jazz (1441809)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 23rd, 2012 @ 9:51am CST
Wasn't Jazz supposed to have black instead of blue? :roll:
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-01 Optimus Prime and TG-02 Jazz (1441812)
Posted by xyl360 on November 23rd, 2012 @ 10:04am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Wasn't Jazz supposed to have black instead of blue? :roll:

Yep, at least that's what I remember seeing in the earlier images. I guess they decided to go with a dark blue instead.
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-01 Optimus Prime and TG-02 Jazz (1441813)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 23rd, 2012 @ 10:04am CST
xyl360 wrote:

At least his visor looks alive. ;)
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-01 Optimus Prime and TG-02 Jazz (1441844)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on November 23rd, 2012 @ 12:51pm CST
I was actually considering buying a Jazz from Takara, but now it's white and blue rather than grey and black. It's basically the hasbro version with a shiny paintjob
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-01 Optimus Prime and TG-02 Jazz (1441851)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 23rd, 2012 @ 1:23pm CST
Minor improvements over the Hasbro ones, but not enough to justify the markup.
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-01 Optimus Prime and TG-02 Jazz (1441880)
Posted by XDMan on November 23rd, 2012 @ 5:20pm CST
This was about to make me buy the Hasbro versions, but when I saw this, I said, "Skip the Hasbro versions, these guys look promising!".
xyl360 wrote:Nice, glad I have both preordered :).

To think, Takara makes them but lets Hasbro release them first, just to show them that Takara is the REAL TF creator! ;)

Like what SW would say, it is ALWAYS true!
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-01 Optimus Prime and TG-02 Jazz (1441966)
Posted by noctorro on November 24th, 2012 @ 7:37am CST
Takara is for the real tf collector? I don't agree with that.

Not everyone can afford the double priced takara ones, and to call them not real transfromer fans?

I use to buy the Takara ones over the Hasbro ones back in the Cybertron days, since they were equal priced on ebay. But after I got the 3 henkei seekers, I kind of quit Takara. Very expensive and floppy, the Hasbro versions were more solid.

Anyway, the metalic deco does look good, but it doesn't justify the extra bucks for me.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction