Transformers News: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-17 Blaster & TG-18 Skywarp

Thursday, May 23rd, 2013 10:59AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 18,949

Site sponsor Robotkingdom has shared in-package images of Takara Tomy's Transformers Generations TG-17 Blaster with Steeljaw and TG-18 Skywarp via their facebook page. We've mirrored the packaged shots below. Shouldn't be long before we see images of these two set free and posed.

Re: In-Package Image: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-17 Blaster & TG-18 Skywarp

Credit(s): Robotkingdom
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-17 Blaster & TG-18 Skywarp (1489591)
Posted by RiddlerJ on May 23rd, 2013 @ 11:25am CDT
It'd be nice if I could find a freggin' Blaster locally :evil:
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-17 Blaster & TG-18 Skywarp (1489595)
Posted by MGrotusque on May 23rd, 2013 @ 11:56am CDT
MP Blaster needs to be released. As much as i appreciate the release of SoundBlaster and Blaster from this mold, it's not really the aesthetic for me.
I would like something less "pointy" and angular.
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-17 Blaster & TG-18 Skywarp (1489626)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on May 23rd, 2013 @ 1:50pm CDT
I like this blaster but its too big for my classics collection. I want a deluxe sized one. But skywarp needs to ship soon.
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-17 Blaster & TG-18 Skywarp (1489639)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on May 23rd, 2013 @ 2:18pm CDT
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-17 Blaster & TG-18 Skywarp (1489644)
Posted by RiddlerJ on May 23rd, 2013 @ 2:32pm CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote::KREMZEEK: Alriiiiiight it's getting closer yeah!! I can't wait to get my hands on Blaster, he looks amazing each time we get new pics. The wheels on the Takara version look so much better than the wagon wheels on Hasbro's. :VEHI:

<!-- ia0 -->timer1.jpg<!-- ia0 -->
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-17 Blaster & TG-18 Skywarp (1489659)
Posted by Sodan-1 on May 23rd, 2013 @ 3:30pm CDT
This is the first representation of Blaster I've actually considered ordering, but I simply can't get past the fact it's a Soundwave remold. Maybe he's a touch too big as well. :-?
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-17 Blaster & TG-18 Skywarp (1489666)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 23rd, 2013 @ 3:46pm CDT
Really want Skywarp. Like, a lot.
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-17 Blaster & TG-18 Skywarp (1489692)
Posted by RAcast on May 23rd, 2013 @ 5:03pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Really want Skywarp. Like, a lot.

My collection's lack of a Skywarp has been bugging me since I discovered the Breakaway redeco this morning. :BANG_HEAD:

On that note, if anyone has a Skywarp-looking fellow they want to unload, swing me a PM (and check my post in the Wants thread). Thanks. :)

I do wish this Skywarp had more black than grey though, I feel like that may have come out a bit better.
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-17 Blaster & TG-18 Skywarp (1489761)
Posted by rpetras on May 23rd, 2013 @ 10:53pm CDT
Fail, thy name is Skywarp.
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-17 Blaster & TG-18 Skywarp (1489952)
Posted by El Duque on May 24th, 2013 @ 1:30pm CDT
Japanese toy blogger Alfres 2010 has posted a gallery of Takara Tomy's recently released Transformers Generations TG-17 Blaster with Steeljaw. The figures feature the line's signature metallic paint applications compared to their Hasbro counterparts. We've mirrored a few of his images below, including some comparison shots with domestic versions. The full gallery can be found be clicking here.

Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-17 Blaster & TG-18 Skywarp (1489987)
Posted by Rated X on May 24th, 2013 @ 3:16pm CDT
Not the metallic finish I had in mind. But looks great ! My Hasbro Blaster was customized to Twincast, so the differences on this version make it better to have than buying another Hasbro version. Cant wait to get him along with the KFC cassettes and Perfect Effect Minions. The discs...well ill find a spot for them somewhere as cybertronian hockey pucks... ;)
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-17 Blaster & TG-18 Skywarp (1490009)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 24th, 2013 @ 4:06pm CDT
Man, this is one sharp Takara version! I like the Hasbro one but this looks pretty amazing in comparison. Still, for budget reasons I'm sticking with Hasbro.
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-17 Blaster & TG-18 Skywarp (1490075)
Posted by MagnetarPrime on May 24th, 2013 @ 7:58pm CDT
I could not pick him up when he was in the stores so I had to pre-order this bad boy from bbts. I'm really exited about adding Blaster to my collection, he will be my first Blaster figure and he looks just great.... Bbts hurry up !!!
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-17 Blaster & TG-18 Skywarp (1490076)
Posted by MagnetarPrime on May 24th, 2013 @ 7:59pm CDT
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-17 Blaster & TG-18 Skywarp (1490114)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on May 24th, 2013 @ 11:38pm CDT
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-17 Blaster & TG-18 Skywarp (1490181)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 25th, 2013 @ 12:01pm CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:C'mon Hasbro holders you can admit it, it's okay. Takara Blaster beats down Hasbro Blaster...'nuff said! :VEHI:

I know it's better. I just can't afford to import the damn thing. >:oP
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-17 Blaster & TG-18 Skywarp (1490244)
Posted by CaptainMagic on May 25th, 2013 @ 6:33pm CDT

I actually think I like the Hasbro version's bright red better than the Takara version. Take the upper body from the Hasbro one and give it Takara's legs and then I think that'd be the perfect Blaster. Also, I'm kind of surprised this one's getting so much love since he's not that different. There have been many toys that I thought Takara made much more significant improvements to over the years.
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-17 Blaster & TG-18 Skywarp (1490245)
Posted by skynet1O1 on May 25th, 2013 @ 6:39pm CDT
Do want Skywarp! Love the seekers
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-17 Blaster & TG-18 Skywarp (1490513)
Posted by Razorgatortt on May 27th, 2013 @ 8:17am CDT
Can someone please tell me, why are Takara toys more expensive than the Hasbros? Is it cheaper to purchase directly from the Takara website? Or is metallic paint worth that much more?
Re: In-Package Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-17 Blaster & TG-18 Skywarp (1490689)
Posted by El Duque on May 27th, 2013 @ 10:55pm CDT
Thanks to it's authorAndrew "Hydra" Hall we have the bio for Takara Tomy's Transformers Generations Deluxe Skywarp. Check out the bio below, which he posted earlier on fellow Transformers fansite, The Allspark.

Hydra wrote:When his rare ability to teleport gained him membership among the Seeker battalion, Skywarp was anticipated as a young and capable new recruit. Unfortunately, his deceitful personality proved to be a character flaw, and his skills would be used only for idle trickery and practical jokes. By appearing suddenly and attacking his opponents from behind, he should be able to upstage even Starscream in combat ability, but he soon loses interest when not under the command of Megatron. In order to improve his concentration and sense of responsibility, he has been ordered to complete a training regimen in Circuit-Su.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers RID Spychangers Lot of 6 Hot Shot Mirage REV WARS Crosswide - Time Remaining: 12 days 2 hours 21 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers Generations Gears and Eclipse Figures Wind charger Chug Classics G1 - Time Remaining: 3 days 20 hours 57 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Generations Laser Optimus Prime Year of Goat 2015 Platinum Edition - Time Remaining: 4 days 9 hours 30 minutes 29 seconds
Hot Transformers X-Transbots X Club MX-I Megatron Apollyon second batch ! - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 30 minutes 35 seconds
Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-29 Shockwave Laserwave Action Figure ! ! - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 31 minutes 56 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece Prowl MP-04 Toys R Us Exclusive Hasbro - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 28 minutes 5 seconds
Hasbro Transformers SDCC 2013 Intl. Exclusive 'Metroplex' OPENED NO RESERVE NR - Time Remaining: 4 days 22 hours 58 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Deluxe Unicron, complete & in great condition! - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 59 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016