Transformers News: In-Package Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Blitzwing & Springer, Legends Optimus Prime with Roller & Bumblebee with Blazemaster

Wednesday, April 17th, 2013 8:10AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 19,383

Site sponsor Robotkingdom has updated their facebook page with new in-package images of the eagerly awaited Transformers Generations Voyager Class Blitzwing and Springer, and Transformers Generations Legends Class Optimus Prime with Roller and Bumblebee with Blazemaster. Check out the images mirrored below, they are shipping these figures out right now!

In-Package Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Blitzwing & Springer, Legends OP & BB

Credit(s): Robotkingdom
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Blitzwing & Springer, Legends Optimus Prime with Roller & Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1479765)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 17th, 2013 @ 8:17am CDT
I was looking forward to Blitzwing, but that head is hideous. If I get him, he'll be displayed in plane mode most likely. I couldn't care less for Springer, but I gotta admit, the toy looks pretty good. Not gonna get it, though.
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Blitzwing & Springer, Legends Optimus Prime with Roller & Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1479767)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on April 17th, 2013 @ 8:20am CDT
*NERDGASM!* Holy crap those Voyagers look fantastic! The front box art on Springer's box, damn does he look badass. Jumping on both of these.

Loving the Legion-class accessories, too. Roller looks awesome, might have to buy multiples of that set to equip my other Legends Optimus figs w/ their own Roller.

I've been hoping for a break in awesome TFs so I can save some money for the new Metroplex, but Hasbro, my tantalizing and cruel mistress, offers no quarter. :BOWDOWN:
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Blitzwing & Springer, Legends Optimus Prime with Roller & Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1479768)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on April 17th, 2013 @ 8:21am CDT
blitzwing and springer are perfect. so perfect. :KREMZEEK: :BOWDOWN:
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Blitzwing & Springer, Legends Optimus Prime with Roller & Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1479771)
Posted by ScottyP on April 17th, 2013 @ 8:29am CDT
Oh boy, another Springer, that's only 5 "Classics" Springers now.

Pretty stoked for the little guys. Hot Shot repaint out of that Bumblebee plz.
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Blitzwing & Springer, Legends Optimus Prime with Roller & Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1479773)
Posted by Armos on April 17th, 2013 @ 8:30am CDT
Yeah the Blitzwing head looks awkward, but that's probably 'cos it has a face-changing gimmick if I remember correctly?
Other than that, though, it looks to be the best triple changing Voyager since I can remember. For once all 3 modes look good! :D
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Blitzwing & Springer, Legends Optimus Prime with Roller & Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1479776)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on April 17th, 2013 @ 8:33am CDT
ScottyP wrote:Oh boy, another Springer, that's only 5 "Classics" Springers now.

Pretty stoked for the little guys. Hot Shot repaint out of that Bumblebee plz.

but its the only one thats a triple changer. ;)
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Blitzwing & Springer, Legends Optimus Prime with Roller & Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1479782)
Posted by ScottyP on April 17th, 2013 @ 8:47am CDT
Doubledealer93 wrote:
but its the only one thats a triple changer. ;)

Not when you count Defender :-$
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Blitzwing & Springer, Legends Optimus Prime with Roller & Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1479784)
Posted by Megazarak on April 17th, 2013 @ 9:13am CDT
I'm liking everything here! The triple changers both look great, and it looks like Legends/Legion figures are finally getting all the much needed articulation points with knees and elbows (with much better execution than Prime CJ too). Hopefully they keep it up with these well-made Legends and continue to expand the Generations line of them.
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Blitzwing & Springer, Legends Optimus Prime with Roller & Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1479796)
Posted by Yweggo on April 17th, 2013 @ 9:52am CDT
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Blitzwing & Springer, Legends Optimus Prime with Roller & Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1479800)
Posted by Noideaforaname on April 17th, 2013 @ 10:03am CDT

:APPLAUSE:
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Blitzwing & Springer, Legends Optimus Prime with Roller & Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1479801)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 17th, 2013 @ 10:04am CDT
Yweggo wrote:Do we know yet what other faces Blitzwing has? I think I saw one that was TFA's "Icy" face, could have been his G1 face though, can't remember now. Anyone know?

We've only seen G1, and Animated Icy. If there is a third, the "Random" Face is *heads spins* ... the bee's knees. Do bees even have knees?

*head spins again* Hmpf, I see the third is indeed random *head spins yet again* I was Ninja'ed?! Why I oughta... *heads spins a final time* ... put up a shrine to all ninjas everywhere, maybe even Samurai as well, as they're the bee's knees as well. 8-}
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Blitzwing & Springer, Legends Optimus Prime with Roller & Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1479803)
Posted by njb902 on April 17th, 2013 @ 10:13am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Lol

Does the face changing gimmick seem quinty to anyone else?
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Blitzwing & Springer, Legends Optimus Prime with Roller & Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1479804)
Posted by paul053 on April 17th, 2013 @ 10:21am CDT
Blitzwing FTW! :DANCE:
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Blitzwing & Springer, Legends Optimus Prime with Roller & Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1479806)
Posted by Noideaforaname on April 17th, 2013 @ 10:26am CDT
Lots of pics of the Triplechangers:
http://www.hk-tf.com/discuz/upload/view ... a=page%3D1

Notably Blitzwing's G1/Hothead face can be moved to a better looking position:

But the back half of his tank mode sucks:

Regardless, he is so bought!
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Blitzwing & Springer, Legends Optimus Prime with Roller & Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1479807)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on April 17th, 2013 @ 10:30am CDT
Okay, now I'm getting Blitzwing JUST so I can display him in Random Mode.
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Blitzwing & Springer, Legends Optimus Prime with Roller & Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1479812)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 17th, 2013 @ 11:03am CDT
Blitzwing and Springer were already on my list, but now I really want them!

I'll get Bumblebee, but I'm still uber-disappointed about Optimus being Legends scaled.
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Blitzwing & Springer, Legends Optimus Prime with Roller & Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1479813)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on April 17th, 2013 @ 11:07am CDT
im still not sold on blitzwing, i might get one to keep in the box but thats about it. Springer is a must have & the others will be based off price.
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Blitzwing & Springer, Legends Optimus Prime with Roller & Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1479816)
Posted by RhA on April 17th, 2013 @ 11:19am CDT
Nope.

Nope.

Yep.

Yep.
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Blitzwing & Springer, Legends Optimus Prime with Roller & Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1479817)
Posted by Flux Convoy on April 17th, 2013 @ 11:26am CDT
That pic of Blitzwing with his face angled better, that really works for me. He looks pretty much spot on for the character and toy homages. I couldn't care less about the face changing gimmick though. Springer however, wow. His alt modes are all pretty off, I'm okay with that. I like it actually. What I don't like is that his colors are wildly wrong. They're very "in your face" which isn't something his deco has ever been. He's almost always been lighter shades of yellow and green. I'm hoping Takara does something nicer. Otherwise I'll be passing. I do think the mold looks like a winner. I am actually hoping to slot him into the collection where Defender currently resides. Fingers crossed!
:BOT:
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Blitzwing & Springer, Legends Optimus Prime with Roller & Bumblebee with Blazemaster (1479818)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 17th, 2013 @ 11:29am CDT
So now that we're starting to get these images, will they be released during the summer, or are they still scheduled for release around early/late fall?

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering