In-Package Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus

Transformers News: In-Package Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus

Friday, May 24th, 2013 8:42AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 27,067

Site sponsor Robotkingdom has shared a few in-package shots of the Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus via their facebook page. The figure is a redeco/retool of the Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Weaponizer Optimus Prime that comes with a giant Forge of Solus Prime in premium packaging. Images mirrored below.

In-Package Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus

In-Package Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus

In-Package Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus

In-Package Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus
Credit(s): Robotkingdom
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1489833)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 24th, 2013 @ 8:51am CDT
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1489837)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 24th, 2013 @ 9:05am CDT

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Never thought I'd say this, but the Vehicle Mode looks... bad with the cabin sections sticking out.

Reminds me of the Rhino from M.A.S.K. Now THAT would be a cool use of this mold: paint it purplish-red and make a M.A.S.K. Rhino homage out of it. Maybe take a couple Human Alliance human figure molds and repaint them to look like the Rhino drivers.

Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1489838)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 24th, 2013 @ 9:06am CDT
I predict many buying this just for the Forge.
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1489840)
Posted by Xephon0930 on May 24th, 2013 @ 9:09am CDT
The only good thing I have to say about this is that the Forge here reminds me of Gaogaigar's Goldion Hammer.
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1489843)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 24th, 2013 @ 9:19am CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:This is clearly the odd-man-out in the Platinum line. If they wanted another use for this mold, there's other things they could have done with it. Why make it part of the "Platinum" line? It just doesn't fit.
Why's that? Thus far, all Platinum Edtion figures have been of Aligned characters.
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1489846)
Posted by Lord_Onslaught on May 24th, 2013 @ 9:30am CDT
Anybody remember Hasbro saying Ultra Magnus would be available in the states, and when and for how much. last time I imported Year of the Dragon Ultimate Prime only for him to show up on Amazon for $20 less than what I paid and Robot Kingdom after shipping will be a total of $91.85. Which is a good deal for an import. Just not sure if It will end up being a waste of money when Hasbro brings it over. If they even do
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1489848)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 24th, 2013 @ 9:30am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Well, like Omega Supreme and Optimus were cool new repaints of old molds that haven't been used in years, and this looks like something that could just as easily be part of the current Prime line. That's why I say it doesn't seem to fit in.
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1489857)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 24th, 2013 @ 9:38am CDT
I like it a lot, but in my opinion, this should have been made a retail release rather than an exclusive.
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1489882)
Posted by VirusCarnage on May 24th, 2013 @ 10:33am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I predict many buying this just for the Forge.

Ya I will probably pick this up just for the forge.
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1489898)
Posted by Ketchup on May 24th, 2013 @ 11:23am CDT
I have a feeling that the Platinum Edition line will end up being a catchall for figures that don't fit anywhere else. Although I agree that this Ultra Magnus could have easily been inclduded in the Beast Hunters line.

I know I shouldn't like the Optimus Weaponizer mold, but I can't help myself, I think it makes a nice leader-sized Prime. Because of this, I am eagerly awaiting this Ultra Magnus.
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1489904)
Posted by skidflap on May 24th, 2013 @ 11:31am CDT
My guess is he is mistransformerd because I just pulled up a picture of the weaponizers prime toy and those cab section appear to fold back and form the wind vane. (I'm speculating as i don't have the toy so correct me if I'm wrong.) :???: :???:

If that is the correct way, he looks like those Hollywood travel trucks that have extended cab section for the drivers to camp out in. 8)
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1489922)
Posted by Sodan-1 on May 24th, 2013 @ 12:07pm CDT
He can't even hold the Forge properly. And on a figure this size? Weak. I'm going to pass and hope the good doctor makes a good sized and coloured version.

GuyIncognito wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Two previous releases hardly dictates a trend.
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1489941)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 24th, 2013 @ 12:48pm CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:
Two previous releases hardly dictates a trend.

True. But the "Platinum" name and special packaging imply that these are special figures, something for collectors rather than kids. The new repaints of OP and OS, molds that had not been used in years, along with OS's new remolded head and claw, were something special. This doesn't seem as special by comparison. It's just another ho-hum Prime figure.
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1490007)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 24th, 2013 @ 4:03pm CDT

Dang, that thig is cool!
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1490037)
Posted by Maxman on May 24th, 2013 @ 6:15pm CDT
What puts me of the whole figure and buying it just for the forge. The doopey way he holds it as in the hammers main shaft has a wee bit of to the side. Looks daft
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1490059)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 24th, 2013 @ 7:29pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:^ Comes with a bigass hammer? I dunno, that's the only 'special' thing about it. More paint apps, maybe. *shrug*

Dang, that thig is cool!

Yeah, it was awesome! And there was more to it that what you see there. It had some other hidden guns. That big plastic missile fired straight up out of a spring-loaded cannon in the back of the cab. I think the back towing section separated and became a little buggy, too. I remember opening it Christmas morning, I almost crapped myself.
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1490068)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 24th, 2013 @ 7:38pm CDT
:lol: @ the vehicle's huge "ears"!
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1490126)
Posted by zatara1701 on May 25th, 2013 @ 1:11am CDT
I just opened my Voyager Magnus...

Two things I cannot ignore:

1) I REALLY need to paint his Forge.

2) DAMN the Forge with the Voyager is tiny. Of course, watching tonight's Prime episode where Magnus it pounding away with the Forge doesn't help.

If someone just makes a size Accurate Forge for the Voyager that would be nice...maybe make it a two or three pack with the Star Saber (once again, the one with OP Voyager just doesn't say STAR SABER to me) and Megatron's sword??? Third parties, I am talking to you!!

Get to work Third Parties!!! I spend a lot on my collection, but I REFUSE to buy Mr Platinum UM just for the damn hammer.
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1490204)
Posted by Hotrodimust on May 25th, 2013 @ 2:23pm CDT
Idc how they paint it or what weapons they include this is a horrible mold. They only people that should buy it are the people that must have every hasbro release.
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (1490218)
Posted by craggy on May 25th, 2013 @ 3:41pm CDT
zatara1701 wrote:I just opened my Voyager Magnus...

Two things I cannot ignore:

1) I REALLY need to paint his Forge.

Dr Wu has made the Star Saber, is making Megatron's spikey one, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them tackling the Forge hammer sooner or later.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Reveal The Shield Deluxe Turbo Tracks - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 48 minutes 10 seconds
NEW YEAR SETS Transformers G1 SUPERION Aerialbots & BUMBLEBEE Reissue MISB - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 13 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Override - Sealed - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 14 minutes 51 seconds
NEW YEAR SELLING NEW Transformers G1 Triple Changer Blitzwing Reissue MISB - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 30 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Robots In Disguise - Midnight Express - MISB - Time Remaining: 4 days 1 hour 11 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers Robots In Disguise - Railspike - MISB - Time Remaining: 4 days 1 hour 6 minutes 32 seconds
NEW YEAR SETS Transformers G1 SLAG & SWOOP DINOBOTS REISSUE MISB - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 36 minutes 55 seconds
Brand New In-BoxTransformers Prime First Edition Arcee (Hasbro) - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 42 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents