In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Smokescreen

Transformers News: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Smokescreen

Wednesday, January 9th, 2013 6:10PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 24,779

Thanks to ACToys we get a closer look at Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2's Smokescreen. This set of images give us a clear look at the figure's head sculpt and Shadow Quill Armor, which appears to be removable. It looks like Smokescreen fans may finally be getting the figure they've been craving since he made his debut last season. Images mirrored below.

Credit(s): ACToys
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Smokescreen (1453543)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 9th, 2013 @ 6:14pm CST
Orange light-piping?

Nothing a little paint or Sharpie can't fix...
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Smokescreen (1453544)
Posted by xyl360 on January 9th, 2013 @ 6:16pm CST
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Smokescreen (1453548)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 9th, 2013 @ 6:32pm CST
Well we now can see that the chest is fake as there's a hinge for it to move around.
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Smokescreen (1453550)
Posted by Gorechyld on January 9th, 2013 @ 6:33pm CST
Thank you Hasbro for cutting corners on the FOC line, so you can waste all that "pricey" plastic on this god awful line of figures that will seriously shelf warm worse than the Bee hives of DOTM. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Smokescreen (1453552)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on January 9th, 2013 @ 6:43pm CST
guess who will be painted right out of the box? good thing i have clear blue paint. and he needs some red and black and reprolabels.
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Smokescreen (1453553)
Posted by sabrigami on January 9th, 2013 @ 6:44pm CST
Welp, I'm sold. I know it's a fake chest and all, but i prefer that to making them less accurate to the show (wish they did that with Knockout). I also look forward to Reprolabels adding a little color to this guy. He looks really spot on other wise :D
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Smokescreen (1453555)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on January 9th, 2013 @ 6:46pm CST
xyl360 wrote:There's quite a few things on him that a little paint won't fix. I'm still not completely sold on the idea that his armor is removable. I suspect, at least for vehicle mode, that it won't work without it. I don't think there's a front end of a car hiding somewhere under that blue armor.

It looks like the hood of his car form folds up onto his forearms.

I dunno what you guys are all complaining about, I like the look of this figure, and the fact that he's got removable armor and no crazy ass spikes everywhere.
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Smokescreen (1453556)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on January 9th, 2013 @ 6:54pm CST
OPEN THE DAMNED THING ALREADY!!!
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Smokescreen (1453557)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 9th, 2013 @ 6:58pm CST
The door decals aren't spot on, and some of the paint apps are bad, but that sculpt is incredible. Nothing a little paint & Reprolabels can't fix. Muahahhaha.

Now, I'll quote a fellow Seibertronian so I don't have to say it myself.

Doubledealer93 wrote:OPEN THE DAMNED THING ALREADY!!!
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Smokescreen (1453571)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 9th, 2013 @ 7:52pm CST
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Smokescreen (1453574)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 9th, 2013 @ 8:17pm CST
GuyIncognito wrote:Looks like there might be a good Smokescreen figure in there if you take the armor off!

You can. They wouldn't give it a name and list it as an accessory if you couldn't. >:oP
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Smokescreen (1453575)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 9th, 2013 @ 8:19pm CST
Well, I hope the armor is removable. That would be a nice feature. Plus it would prove to me that Hasbro's not only smart, but sneaky. Which would earn them mucho respect in my book.

Either way, though, I still have no regrets about buying the AM Smokescreen. I'll gladly keep it with or without this one.
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Smokescreen (1453581)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 9th, 2013 @ 8:56pm CST
ill be sticking with the legends class version
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Smokescreen (1453583)
Posted by chubi316 on January 9th, 2013 @ 9:06pm CST
nice figure. from what i saw from the pics, aside from the doors; smokescreen has a bare empty back just like knockout and foc swindle
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Smokescreen (1453606)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on January 9th, 2013 @ 10:41pm CST
hmmmm I wonder if we can switch the head for the one from Takara's smokescreen
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Smokescreen (1453609)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 9th, 2013 @ 10:53pm CST
grimdragon2001 wrote:hmmmm I wonder if we can switch the head for the one from Takara's smokescreen

Won't know that until we find out what kind of head connection this has. If it's a ball joint we should be good.
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Smokescreen (1453611)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 9th, 2013 @ 11:01pm CST

I'm considering doing it as well. Although, my only worry is that Takara's head is too big, or otherwise oddly proportioned. Or it doesn't transform right with the new head. In any case proving faulty, I'll hope Reprolabels does something about this head.
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Smokescreen (1453619)
Posted by Trikeboy on January 9th, 2013 @ 11:50pm CST
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Smokescreen (1453628)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 10th, 2013 @ 12:34am CST
Trikeboy wrote:Going by these pics, and if the armor is removable, I may pick this one up so I can have a Smokescreen on my Prime shelf. If the armor can't be removed, its a No Deal moment.

Well I'll be able to tell ya soonish
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Smokescreen (1453630)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on January 10th, 2013 @ 12:45am CST
im not sleeping until i see this bot out of box and no armor on.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering