Transformers News: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Smokescreen and Bulkhead

Sunday, January 6th, 2013 10:48AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 28,733

Courtesy of a TaoBao auction we have in-package images of Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2's Bulkhead and Smokescreen. That's right folks, Hasbro is releasing a Deluxe Class Smokescreen! It appears we may even be able to remove his spiky "Beast Hunters" armor for a more traditional looking vehicle, we need to see some in-hand images to know for sure. Bulkhead is also making his debut in the Deluxe Class featuring Roadbuster inspired new paint job. Check out the images mirrored below.

Re: Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen and Bulkhead.

Re: Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen and Bulkhead.

Re: Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen and Bulkhead.

Re: Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen and Bulkhead.
Credit(s): gavinfuzzy, John Law

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Smokescreen and Bulkhead (1452290)
Posted by NovaSentinel on January 6th, 2013 @ 10:56am CST
Smokescreen looks fantastic! Im hoping the armour is removable but its not super exagerated so he may be okay with it left on. That Bulkhead just screams Brawn to me, not so much Roadbuster.
I do notice though that Smoke is number 008, and Bulk is 007, and if Ripclaw is 005, that means we still have one BH Deluxe wave 2 006 figure unaccounted for... my money's on a spiky Knockout or Arcee
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Smokescreen and Bulkhead (1452291)
Posted by Megazarak on January 6th, 2013 @ 11:00am CST
Bulkhead actually looks pretty good! I didn't think they'd be able to pull him off in Deluxe form when I clicked on this story. Nice homage too! His size doesn't really allow him to be Bulkhead, but for what he is I think he looks really cool. I wonder if his deco will actually change in the new season?

I don't really like how Smokescreen looks, but I'll give him a chance and not pass judgment before some better pics show him off.
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Smokescreen and Bulkhead (1452293)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 6th, 2013 @ 11:01am CST
Ripclaw is number 006, so who's number 005? :???:

Looking good so far, but I'm skipping them, unless we actually see the armor in the show.
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Smokescreen and Bulkhead (1452298)
Posted by freaky777 on January 6th, 2013 @ 11:07am CST
Woooo nice! But I do not like SS fake chest!
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Smokescreen and Bulkhead (1452299)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on January 6th, 2013 @ 11:09am CST
I'm glad Smokey's not a redeco of Knock Out. He's a better character than BUbble Bee IMO.
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Smokescreen and Bulkhead (1452300)
Posted by NovaSentinel on January 6th, 2013 @ 11:10am CST
freaky777 wrote:Woooo nice! But I do not like SS fake chest!

I may be wrong but it looks like the chest parts with the lights are from the car, but then the middle part and the piece underneath are a separate panel...so it might be a 'half' fake chest XD
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Smokescreen and Bulkhead (1452307)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on January 6th, 2013 @ 11:21am CST
im not a fan of voyagers being downsized into deluxes, they never look as good.
and im skeptical of smokescreen...
Eh...its doesnt look TOO bad....
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Smokescreen and Bulkhead (1452313)
Posted by Yweggo on January 6th, 2013 @ 11:45am CST
Blue :BOT: ?
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Smokescreen and Bulkhead (1452315)
Posted by NovaSentinel on January 6th, 2013 @ 11:49am CST
Who would've ever thought Takara would be the ones to cheap out and give us a repaint (I say repaint, theres hardly any paint on the thing)...
And yeah i noticed the blue sigil as well but it looks kinda nice XD Im kind of getting a Fast Action Battlers vibe from these two though :L ...
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Smokescreen and Bulkhead (1452316)
Posted by njb902 on January 6th, 2013 @ 11:49am CST
Yweggo wrote:Blue :BOT: ?

Indeed that is different.

I'll get smokescreen but really meh on that bulkhead, though I do like his saw arm.
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Smokescreen and Bulkhead (1452317)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 6th, 2013 @ 11:52am CST
Hmph.

Oh well...it's a new mold nonetheless. I'm surprised. >:oP

Wait...the armor comes OFF!??!?!

HASBRO WON! SUCK IT, TAKARA! HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:

Sorry. :oops:

Now...all he needs a few changes in that color scheme; mostly the knee caps and head. That's where you come in, reprolabels. The question remains, who's #5? If Ripclaw's #6, Smokescreen's #8, and Bulkhead's #7, who's #5!? At least this means we're getting larger waves than last time. :APPLAUSE:
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Smokescreen and Bulkhead (1452328)
Posted by robotmel on January 6th, 2013 @ 12:19pm CST
>:oP
Definately not interested in anything Beast Wars/Beast Machines/Beast Hunters or whatever Hasbro wants to call this rehash this time, but that Bulkhead doesnt say Roadbuster but screams Brawn in my opinion, so a head swap and he could possibly be a Classics Brawn stand-in?

Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Smokescreen and Bulkhead (1452331)
Posted by Flux Convoy on January 6th, 2013 @ 12:22pm CST
Smokescreen looks like his armor is all detachable. That makes him a win. Bulkhead looks interesting. It isn't something I need but I'm tempted. The Animated chest is a cool nod.
:BOT:
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Smokescreen and Bulkhead (1452332)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 6th, 2013 @ 12:23pm CST
robotmel wrote:Comments seem keen on Smokescreen, but I thought we where getting a Knockout repaint as Smokescreen, not this beastly thing? :???:

It's already out, in Japan and exclusive to that country with the likes of Breakdown, Jet Vehicon and Skywarp.
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Smokescreen and Bulkhead (1452334)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 6th, 2013 @ 12:26pm CST
robotmel wrote:

Japan got that. Not us. We get a new mold.

Suckers.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:with the likes of Breakdown, Jet Vehicon and Skywarp.

Just to name a few. ;)
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Smokescreen and Bulkhead (1452341)
Posted by NovaSentinel on January 6th, 2013 @ 12:34pm CST
Just noticed the dragon face on Bulkhead's saw XD Bulk looks like he may have a visor as well. I also laughed when I saw that Hasblow has left Smokescreen's [strike]kneecap[/strike] whole entire shin facing sideways in the official pic :APPLAUSE:
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Smokescreen and Bulkhead (1452355)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on January 6th, 2013 @ 1:12pm CST
this news would show up the day before my Takara Smokescreen is expected to arrive. still I also hope the armor is removable. at least it will make a nice comparison for review time
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Smokescreen and Bulkhead (1452365)
Posted by CXZGT917 on January 6th, 2013 @ 1:22pm CST
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Smokescreen and Bulkhead (1452369)
Posted by njb902 on January 6th, 2013 @ 1:28pm CST
CXZGT917 wrote:Smokescreen looks quite nice. Still impressed by Hasbro's incapacity in 2013 to communicate effectively on its new product releases.

You think so, why?
Re: In-Package Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Deluxe Wave 2 Smokescreen and Bulkhead (1452372)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 6th, 2013 @ 1:35pm CST
I really don't know why people are pissing all over the TakaraTomy Smokescreen. He works really well. (In person's much better than pics.)

If the armor comes off of this one, then he might be a must buy on my list. Might. If it doesn't, then he's a definite pass and I'll gladly stick with the AM version I have.

If the armor comes off and it's a straight forward Smokescreen figure, well then, Hasbro, I'm impressed with your sneakiness. Very. I'm still not a big fan of the figure, however. That fake chest looks terribly fake. (Fakes are fine when they're done right. This one screams "I'm not real") Plus, from what I can tell, he does not have his door wings. The AM, once the Micron is attached, has wings.

I'll have to see more before I make a decision, but uh...as of now, AM Smokescreen is fine with me.