Is There A Red Autobot Re-color Of Dropkick In Our Future?

Transformers News: Is There A Red Autobot Re-color Of Dropkick In Our Future?

Friday, December 28th, 2007 6:05AM CST

Categories: Movie News, Toy News, Rumors, Sightings, Collectables
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 131,017

Anyone seen the January Previews yet? If you did, or plan to, you should notice something interesting in the Transformers toys section.

According to lastmaximal at Cybertron Phillipines he saw a red repainted Dropkick in the most recent issue of Previews.

He even snapped a picture of it from his cell phone. The quality is quite poor, but you can see Stealth Bumblebee and a red truck that seems to resemble Dropkick.

What is this unknown Transformers name? When will it be released? Autobot or Decepticon? Feel free to discuss it below!

We'll let you know if this is more than a rumor, when we find out more, in the Seibertron Movie News and the Seibertron Toy News.
Credit(s): lastmaximal, Cybertron Phillipines
Re: Is There A Red Autobot Re-color Of Dropkick In Our Future? (586436)
Posted by Tigertrack on December 28th, 2007 @ 6:28am CST
Red Dropkick looks a lot like Alternators Optimus Prime. :-?
Re: Is There A Red Autobot Re-color Of Dropkick In Our Future? (586439)
Posted by Mandamus on December 28th, 2007 @ 6:44am CST
I was really close to getting Dropkick the first time around, but I decided to stick to on-screen characters.

This might be enough for me to change my mind but I want to see better pictures first.
Re: Is There A Red Autobot Re-color Of Dropkick In Our Future? (586441)
Posted by grimlockprime108 on December 28th, 2007 @ 6:46am CST
looks like it has a flame deco....rodimus?
Re: Is There A Red Autobot Re-color Of Dropkick In Our Future? (586447)
Posted by Sgt.Schnitzel on December 28th, 2007 @ 7:16am CST
Yeeesss , I would like to see a repaint of Dropkick, Dropkick is one of the best molds out there, I don't think Hasbro is going to abandon him.
Re: Is There A Red Autobot Re-color Of Dropkick In Our Future? (586460)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on December 28th, 2007 @ 7:33am CST
Take that IronHide!
Re: Is There A Red Autobot Re-color Of Dropkick In Our Future? (586473)
Posted by skywarp-2 on December 28th, 2007 @ 7:54am CST
hmmm.... a Movie Rodimus?? that wouldn't be so bad me thinks.. :grin:
Re: Is There A Red Autobot Re-color Of Dropkick In Our Future? (586497)
Posted by fuzzd0rk on December 28th, 2007 @ 8:30am CST
Is it just me, or is anyone else kind of getting sick of all these movie repaints?
Re: Is There A Red Autobot Re-color Of Dropkick In Our Future? (586514)
Posted by ghostscream127 on December 28th, 2007 @ 8:52am CST
im also getting sick of rePAINts its horrible but if its a remold then ill get it :sad: :grin:
Re: Is There A Red Autobot Re-color Of Dropkick In Our Future? (586527)
Posted by TFBuyer on December 28th, 2007 @ 9:15am CST
ghostscream127 wrote:but if its a remold then ill get it :sad: :grin:

Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Still, it's an interesting color for the mold. I wonder if a lime green Payload can be far behind...
Re: Is There A Red Autobot Re-color Of Dropkick In Our Future? (586547)
Posted by Skowl on December 28th, 2007 @ 9:50am CST
Enough with the movieline repaints already! :-x
Re: Is There A Red Autobot Re-color Of Dropkick In Our Future? (586582)
Posted by Scaleface on December 28th, 2007 @ 10:30am CST
Hurray! They had a red redeco of Dropkick as an Autobot in the movie video game. One more Drone for my Autobot army, and it's in G1 Ironhide colors! Beautiful.

NOw we need Autobot redecos of Payload, Dreadwing and a Decepticon redeco of Longarm.
Re: Is There A Red Autobot Re-color Of Dropkick In Our Future? (586601)
Posted by cybertronianjedi on December 28th, 2007 @ 10:39am CST
hmm....better consider him as a base for a repaint/kitbash.....i f i can get him
Re: Is There A Red Autobot Re-color Of Dropkick In Our Future? (586638)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on December 28th, 2007 @ 11:17am CST
But of course thats all were getting until animated comes out....More freakin repaints
Re: Is There A Red Autobot Re-color Of Dropkick In Our Future? (586655)
Posted by Nekoman on December 28th, 2007 @ 11:33am CST
WTF! I posted this in the repaint thread yesterday, I ‘m so lucky! Now lets hope we get the Autobot Swindle, Payload and Dreadwing I was talking about.
Re: Is There A Red Autobot Re-color Of Dropkick In Our Future? (586684)
Posted by thedistinctroom on December 28th, 2007 @ 12:07pm CST
To me it looks like an All Spark version of Dropkick because of the light blue parts.
Re: Is There A Red Autobot Re-color Of Dropkick In Our Future? (586824)
Posted by Dark_Lord_Prime on December 28th, 2007 @ 3:23pm CST

Also, it DOES have "Allspark Power" cyan, though it looks a lot better on him than it does on any of the others.
Re: Is There A Red Autobot Re-color Of Dropkick In Our Future? (586858)
Posted by First-Aid on December 28th, 2007 @ 4:18pm CST
Dark_Lord_Prime wrote:I just came from my comic shop, and I checked out the January Previews. It is, indeed, a red repaint of Dropkick. It has a silver Autobot symbol on the door, but as far as I could tell from the head, it's a recolor of Dropkick's head. *shrug*

I also stopped by my shop and flipped through the Previews issue on the rack and found the red repaint. I guess we can file this under "coming soon" as opposed to rumor. They also had a pick of the "reverse colored" Concept Bumblebee..it looks like it has the battle helmet down in the face mold.
Re: Is There A Red Autobot Re-color Of Dropkick In Our Future? (586903)
Posted by Scaleface on December 28th, 2007 @ 5:37pm CST
I worry they won't repaint Swindle again, with Camshaft already coming out.
Re: Is There A Red Autobot Re-color Of Dropkick In Our Future? (586936)
Posted by Anonymous. on December 28th, 2007 @ 6:44pm CST
@Nekoman: Swindle's already been repainted into Camshaft

And c'mon... not too exciting here. Just another Teal-covered Allspark repaint.
Re: Is There A Red Autobot Re-color Of Dropkick In Our Future? (586997)
Posted by Jazzz on December 28th, 2007 @ 8:36pm CST
I'll buy it if the colors are good and the bio is as funny as the one on Dropkick(watch the review of him by Bikertrashwolf on youtube).

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering