Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Jack Reynor Gearing Up for Transformers 4

Transformers News: Jack Reynor Gearing Up for Transformers 4

Monday, January 21st, 2013 9:54PM CST

Categories: Movie News, People News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 30,304

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Recently confirmed Transformers 4 actor Jack Reynor spoke briefly to BANG Showbiz while attending the London Critics Circle Film Awards regarding his upcoming role in the next installment of the live action franchise. Reynor will be taking on the role of Wahlberg's daughter's race car driving love interest. Reynor touched on his training, audition process, Mark Wahlberg, and director Michael Bay. Check out his comments below as relayed by ComicBookMovie.com.

On training:
I'm training very intensely at the moment. I'm going to keep that up until we shoot. I'm going to do some different courses, some different things I need to pick up for the film. My character seems to be a race car driver so I'm going to be doing a couple of driving courses and getting out on the track.

On the audition process:
It was after a film I was doing, 'The Delivery Man', with Dreamworks. I went through quite a rigorous audition process out in L.A., and after a certain amount of auditions and meetings with different executives, I managed to pull it off.

On Mark Wahlberg:
I haven't met him before, but I'm really excited. He's one of my favourite actors. I just think he's brilliant. I have a huge amount of respect for him as an actor so I can't wait to get on set with him.

On Michael Bay:
I think Michael Bay has his ideas about it and I'm going to go along with him. He seems to know what he's doing.
Credit(s): ComicBookMovie.com
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Jack Reynor Gearing Up for Transformers 4 (1456944)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 21st, 2013 @ 10:12pm CST
El Duque wrote:On Michael Bay:

I think Michael Bay has his ideas about it and I'm going to go along with him. He seems to know what he's doing.


You have NO IDEA how much I laughed at that. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: Jack Reynor Gearing Up for Transformers 4 (1456949)
Posted by Burn on January 21st, 2013 @ 10:18pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:
El Duque wrote:On Michael Bay:

I think Michael Bay has his ideas about it and I'm going to go along with him. He seems to know what he's doing.


You have NO IDEA how much I laughed at that. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Because you know how to make a movie better than Bay? Image
Re: Jack Reynor Gearing Up for Transformers 4 (1456951)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 21st, 2013 @ 10:30pm CST
Burn wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
El Duque wrote:On Michael Bay:

I think Michael Bay has his ideas about it and I'm going to go along with him. He seems to know what he's doing.


You have NO IDEA how much I laughed at that. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Because you know how to make a movie better than Bay? Image


You got me there... :-(
Re: Jack Reynor Gearing Up for Transformers 4 (1456954)
Posted by That Bot on January 21st, 2013 @ 10:38pm CST
Burn wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
El Duque wrote:On Michael Bay:

I think Michael Bay has his ideas about it and I'm going to go along with him. He seems to know what he's doing.


You have NO IDEA how much I laughed at that. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Because you know how to make a movie better than Bay? Image

Michael Bay knows how to make a profit, not a movie.
Re: Jack Reynor Gearing Up for Transformers 4 (1456993)
Posted by Just Negare on January 22nd, 2013 @ 2:36am CST
No idea who that fella is.

First live action movie was great, the second was a complete abortion, and the third was like one of those fantastic BM's you have. You know, you sit down thinking the worst, but it just slides out perfect, no splash back, no excessive TP use. Makes you feel as if everything is right with the world.

OF course, end of the day, you realise its still crap.

My loyalty to Transformers will enable me to give the new trilogy the benefit of the doubt but i'm still gonna turn on the hate if its pants.
Re: Jack Reynor Gearing Up for Transformers 4 (1457056)
Posted by Capt.Failure on January 22nd, 2013 @ 9:57am CST
That Bot wrote:
Burn wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
El Duque wrote:On Michael Bay:

I think Michael Bay has his ideas about it and I'm going to go along with him. He seems to know what he's doing.


You have NO IDEA how much I laughed at that. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Because you know how to make a movie better than Bay? Image

Michael Bay knows how to make a movie, one that's also very profitable


Fixed that for you. ;)
Re: Jack Reynor Gearing Up for Transformers 4 (1457077)
Posted by That Bot on January 22nd, 2013 @ 12:17pm CST
I will say Michael Bay can make a movie when he makes something like Inception. Until then he makes a hefty profit in the film medium, but not a movie. :P
Re: Jack Reynor Gearing Up for Transformers 4 (1457105)
Posted by Capt.Failure on January 22nd, 2013 @ 2:33pm CST
That Bot wrote:I will say Michael Bay can make a movie when he makes something like Inception. Until then he makes a hefty profit in the film medium, but not a movie. :P


Three problems here, buddy. One: No True Scotsman is a logical fallacy. Just because you don't like his movies doesn't mean he doesn't know how to make them. Fact.

Two: Inception was more like a puerile attempt at a mindfrak film. Good for people who want to pretend they're smart, not so good when you really think about it.

Three: It's asinine to tell one director he's not good until he makes films outside his chosen directorial style. Would you tell a painter he's terrible until he starts sculpting? No, of course not.

TL;DR - Your fanboy is showing.
Re: Jack Reynor Gearing Up for Transformers 4 (1457133)
Posted by That Bot on January 22nd, 2013 @ 3:59pm CST
Okay technically yes, he makes movies. It's my right to make jokes at their expense because of how I perceive their quality. Happy?
Re: Jack Reynor Gearing Up for Transformers 4 (1457267)
Posted by Capt.Failure on January 23rd, 2013 @ 6:12am CST
That Bot wrote:Okay technically yes, he makes movies. It's my right to make jokes at their expense because of how I perceive their quality. Happy?


Happy that I had to take time out of my day to remind you your opinion is just that? Not really. I was busy doing more fun things like writing tax papers and tending a chemical burn I recieved. >:oP
Re: Jack Reynor Gearing Up for Transformers 4 (1457314)
Posted by That Bot on January 23rd, 2013 @ 9:17am CST
I'm fully aware that my opinions are just my opinions, thanks. You don't need to be the guy from Duty Calls.

I wonder if Michael Bay is aware or cares that his movie profit is coming out on the 30th anniversary of the franchise, and if so, whether that's going to be noted within the movie profit.
Re: Jack Reynor Gearing Up for Transformers 4 (1457353)
Posted by Capt.Failure on January 23rd, 2013 @ 12:08pm CST
That Bot wrote:I'm fully aware that my opinions are just my opinions, thanks. You don't need to be the guy from Duty Calls.

I wonder if Michael Bay is aware or cares that his movie is coming out on the 30th anniversary of the franchise, and if so, whether that's going to be noted within the movie.


Not sure. Honestly I don't care if he cares. The last thing I want in a Transformers movie is a fan directing or producing it. I have never seen a movie adaptation made by a fan that was good.

If that's your best attempt at trolling me I'm going to ask that you step up your game.
Re: Jack Reynor Gearing Up for Transformers 4 (1457382)
Posted by autobot1979 on January 23rd, 2013 @ 1:46pm CST
Been honesty I get really annoyed with people judging Bay's films. I think he tries to make the best of him. I like the films even thinking the second was bad but we got a whole of nice toys and characters didn't we ?
And somebody just said an Irish Nascar driver? Nascar has different nationalities of drivers, I read that even Brazilians are there. Why not Irish? I hope the film to be cool with a new crew of Autobots and Decepticons.
Re: Jack Reynor Gearing Up for Transformers 4 (1457422)
Posted by That Bot on January 23rd, 2013 @ 3:41pm CST
I can live with the explosions and the ugly robots. I have to draw the line at the excess of body humor. I feel like that drags the movies down a LOT.

Capt.Failure wrote:Not sure. Honestly I don't care if he cares. The last thing I want in a Transformers movie is a fan directing or producing it. I have never seen a movie adaptation made by a fan that was good.

It's not that I want it to be directed by a fan, but SOMEBODY with a little more respect for what Transformers are besides giant robots that turn into cars. I want to see characters, not just bodies. And I don't want another trashy movie to commemorate the 30th anniversary of this franchise.
Re: Jack Reynor Gearing Up for Transformers 4 (1457436)
Posted by Capt.Failure on January 23rd, 2013 @ 4:08pm CST
That Bot wrote:I can live with the explosions and the ugly robots. I have to draw the line at the excess of body humor. I feel like that drags the movies down a LOT.

Capt.Failure wrote:Not sure. Honestly I don't care if he cares. The last thing I want in a Transformers movie is a fan directing or producing it. I have never seen a movie adaptation made by a fan that was good.

It's not that I want it to be directed by a fan, but SOMEBODY with a little more respect for what Transformers are besides giant robots that turn into cars. I want to see characters, not just bodies. And I don't want another trashy movie to commemorate the 30th anniversary of this franchise.


Problem is they aren't "trashy," you just didn't like them. :D

Other problem is, and this is from an honest fan perspective, Transformers is a very shallow franchise. There is frankly not a lot to work with other than one dimensional characters and convoluted, plotless story archs. The films had about the same characterization as any cartoon or comic. Every Transformer except Prime and Megatron is essentially a voice and a copy-paste character archetype with no development. Before you mention Beast Wars that was an anomaly, not the norm.
Re: Jack Reynor Gearing Up for Transformers 4 (1457449)
Posted by That Bot on January 23rd, 2013 @ 4:51pm CST
You just described G1. Most shows since then have at least run on long enough to where they were forced to give the characters personality beyond basic archetypes. They weren't all deep like Beast Wars, I suffer no delusions to the contrary. And lack of consequential previous characterization is not an excuse to take away what little they had for a 2 hour movie. The idea that the Transformers live action movies are bad may be just an opinion, but it's a common opinion with a lot of evidence to support the claims. Does the fact that the franchise made a collective $2 billion excuse their poorness? No. Did I see all 3 movies in theaters (thereby contributing to that $2 billion) because I love me some giant robots and don't learn my lesson? Yes. Will I see Transformers 4? Most likely. Will I continue to maintain my grievances about the first three? Yes.
Re: Jack Reynor Gearing Up for Transformers 4 (1457467)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on January 23rd, 2013 @ 5:47pm CST
That Bot wrote:You just described G1. Most shows since then have at least run on long enough to where they were forced to give the characters personality beyond basic archetypes. They weren't all deep like Beast Wars, I suffer no delusions to the contrary. And lack of consequential previous characterization is not an excuse to take away what little they had for a 2 hour movie. The idea that the Transformers live action movies are bad may be just an opinion, but it's a common opinion with a lot of evidence to support the claims. Does the fact that the franchise made a collective $2 billion excuse their poorness? No. Did I see all 3 movies in theaters (thereby contributing to that $2 billion) because I love me some giant robots and don't learn my lesson? Yes. Will I see Transformers 4? Most likely. Will I continue to maintain my grievances about the first three? Yes.

If the common opinion of the movies were bad they wouldn't have made billions of dollars. The common opinion of Batman and Robin was bad and it flopped. What evidence is there that the movies are in fact bad? All I've heard is a lot of opinions that try to come off as fact. Usually it's a lot of nitpicking and ridiculous meaningless adjectives.
Re: Jack Reynor Gearing Up for Transformers 4 (1457470)
Posted by Capt.Failure on January 23rd, 2013 @ 6:05pm CST
That Bot wrote:You just described G1. Most shows since then have at least run on long enough to where they were forced to give the characters personality beyond basic archetypes.


Look at me with a straight face and tell me that any Transformers series besides Beast Wars has character development.

They weren't all deep like Beast Wars, I suffer no delusions to the contrary. And lack of consequential previous characterization is not an excuse to take away what little they had for a 2 hour movie.


How do you characterize people with nothing to build on when trying to remain faithful to source material? They can't even redesign the Transformers without people like you ranting and raving like psychotic fanboys.

The idea that the Transformers live action movies are bad may be just an opinion, but it's a common opinion with a lot of evidence to support the claims.


Common among elitist critics and their pseudo-intellectual ilk maybe. Also evidence that is subjective is not evidence. Hate to break it to you.

Does the fact that the franchise made a collective $2 billion excuse their poorness?


So when the majority opinion of critics hate it they're right. But when the majority of viewers like it they're wrong? There's a slight flaw in your logic there.

Did I see all 3 movies in theaters (thereby contributing to that $2 billion) because I love me some giant robots and don't learn my lesson? Yes. Will I see Transformers 4? Most likely. Will I continue to maintain my grievances about the first three? Yes.


You're sounding more like a masochist than a fan if you went to see three movies you hated and will see a fourth. It's like hating Call of Duty while taking part in an MLG tournament.
Re: Jack Reynor Gearing Up for Transformers 4 (1458862)
Posted by SlyTF1 on January 28th, 2013 @ 7:43pm CST
Capt.Failure wrote:
That Bot wrote:You just described G1. Most shows since then have at least run on long enough to where they were forced to give the characters personality beyond basic archetypes.


Look at me with a straight face and tell me that any Transformers series besides Beast Wars has character development.


Animated.
Re: Jack Reynor Gearing Up for Transformers 4 (1459375)
Posted by IHide on January 30th, 2013 @ 5:28am CST
Am I the only one that thinks ALL Transformers, no matter the continuation or story line, is awesome? Every story line has its flaws, wether it be G1, Beast Wars or the live actions. No matter what story line, I enjoy it. Yeah, my personal preferences lean toward G1 and Beast Wars, but Michael Bay and the live actions brought an entire new generation into the fanbase and gave us some crazy good new toys. Does that make them better than the "oldies"? Do the plot holes from the live actions make them worse than the others? In my opinion, neither. They are what they are and should be enjoyed as such.
Re: Jack Reynor Gearing Up for Transformers 4 (1459417)
Posted by Capt.Failure on January 30th, 2013 @ 8:02am CST
IHide wrote:Am I the only one that thinks ALL Transformers, no matter the continuation or story line, is awesome? Every story line has its flaws, wether it be G1, Beast Wars or the live actions. No matter what story line, I enjoy it. Yeah, my personal preferences lean toward G1 and Beast Wars, but Michael Bay and the live actions brought an entire new generation into the fanbase and gave us some crazy good new toys. Does that make them better than the "oldies"? Do the plot holes from the live actions make them worse than the others? In my opinion, neither. They are what they are and should be enjoyed as such.


You're what's called a "reasonable fan," something that's a rare find in the Transformers fandom. The fandom needs more people like you, honestly.
Re: Jack Reynor Gearing Up for Transformers 4 (1460008)
Posted by IHide on February 1st, 2013 @ 4:51am CST
Capt.Failure wrote:
IHide wrote:Am I the only one that thinks ALL Transformers, no matter the continuation or story line, is awesome? Every story line has its flaws, wether it be G1, Beast Wars or the live actions. No matter what story line, I enjoy it. Yeah, my personal preferences lean toward G1 and Beast Wars, but Michael Bay and the live actions brought an entire new generation into the fanbase and gave us some crazy good new toys. Does that make them better than the "oldies"? Do the plot holes from the live actions make them worse than the others? In my opinion, neither. They are what they are and should be enjoyed as such.


You're what's called a "reasonable fan," something that's a rare find in the Transformers fandom. The fandom needs more people like you, honestly.


Thanks!!!
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014