James Roberts Teases More Than Meets the Eye Season 2 Themes and Cast

Transformers News: James Roberts Teases More Than Meets the Eye Season 2 Themes and Cast

Tuesday, February 25th, 2014 5:29PM CST

Categories: Comic Book News, People News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 33,022

The ever-teasing James Roberts, writer for More than Meets the Eye and currently Dark Cybertron along with John Barber, has tweeted a couple of teasers about the upcoming 'second season' of MTMTE.. as well as a cast addition to the Lost Light. The teaser includes the tagline to the overall arc starting with issue #28 (due April) - Let's Make this Precious - and the song to accompany it, embedded below. As for the character, keep on reading..

The tagline for MTMTE Season 2 (from April, w/#28) is: Let's Make This Precious

Theme:

Lyrics: http://songmeanings.com/songs/view/44442/

And from April, the crew of the Lost Light will be joined by... Bluestreak! #MTMTE_Season2
Credit(s): James Roberts
Re: James Roberts Teases More Than Meets the Eye Season 2 Themes and Cast (1553592)
Posted by sabrigami on February 25th, 2014 @ 7:12pm CST
Very cool! I've been itching to hear more about Bluestreak for some time now. So many teases about him and his mental health. He sounds like he will be a great addition to the rest of the crew. Only bad part is April is so far away :-(
Re: James Roberts Teases More Than Meets the Eye Season 2 Themes and Cast (1553596)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 25th, 2014 @ 7:35pm CST
Oh man! Bluestreek? That might mean we'll hear more about Veras Centralus, circa Stormbringer.

My question is: when will we learn more about Springer?
Re: James Roberts Teases More Than Meets the Eye Season 2 Themes and Cast (1553597)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 25th, 2014 @ 7:41pm CST
Nemesis Maximo wrote:My question is: when will we learn more about Springer?
Have you picked up the most recent hardcover TPB of "Last Stand of the Wreckers"? That contained a bunch of bonus stories featuring Springer. One even about the post-LSOTW comatose Springer being cared for by Roadbuster.
Re: James Roberts Teases More Than Meets the Eye Season 2 Themes and Cast (1553602)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on February 25th, 2014 @ 8:31pm CST
I'm down with dexy's being the theme for this season's worth of M.t.M.t.E, my question, who'd qualify as the Celtic folk brothers :-? ?
Re: James Roberts Teases More Than Meets the Eye Season 2 Themes and Cast (1553609)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 25th, 2014 @ 10:25pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:My question is: when will we learn more about Springer?

Yes, I read that one. And at the end he starts showing signs of life again. But I want more! Imagine when he meets Whirl after finding out he almost deactivated Springer!
Re: James Roberts Teases More Than Meets the Eye Season 2 Themes and Cast (1553647)
Posted by megatronus on February 26th, 2014 @ 6:52am CST
Re: James Roberts Teases More Than Meets the Eye Season 2 Themes and Cast (1553651)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 26th, 2014 @ 6:59am CST
megatronus wrote:I'd be willing to bet they announce that IDW Megatron as a voyager toyabout a month after Cloud Megatron releases.
Why a Voyager? There's already a Leader in the works.
Re: James Roberts Teases More Than Meets the Eye Season 2 Themes and Cast (1553657)
Posted by megatronus on February 26th, 2014 @ 8:07am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Mhy a Voyager? There's already a Leader in the works.

I must have missed that. Crap.
Re: James Roberts Teases More Than Meets the Eye Season 2 Themes and Cast (1553659)
Posted by sabrigami on February 26th, 2014 @ 8:17am CST
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mhy a Voyager? There's already a Leader in the works.

I must have missed that. Crap.

I'm hoping with the announcement of Bluestreak that we will be getting a new Prowl figure. Would make sense in my book considering Prowl is a main character. I can dream can't I?
Re: James Roberts Teases More Than Meets the Eye Season 2 Themes and Cast (1553660)
Posted by megatronus on February 26th, 2014 @ 8:21am CST
sabrigami wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mhy a Voyager? There's already a Leader in the works.

I must have missed that. Crap.

A reissue of the Universe 2.0 figure is more likely, methinks.

I can see Hasbro announcing an Asia Exclusive 3-pack of the Classics "Datsun" brothers.
Re: James Roberts Teases More Than Meets the Eye Season 2 Themes and Cast (1553661)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 26th, 2014 @ 8:22am CST
No new Classics-style/Generations Prowl toy was included the giant list of reveals.
Re: James Roberts Teases More Than Meets the Eye Season 2 Themes and Cast (1553694)
Posted by Dr Va'al on February 26th, 2014 @ 11:18am CST
Continuing in the build-up of teases for the new run of IDW Publishing's More Than Meets the Eye, with issue #28 hitting stores in April, regular series artist Alex Milne has tweeted his concept image for the new Autobot Megatron! Check out the mirrored image below.

Re: James Roberts Teases More Than Meets the Eye Season 2 Themes and Cast (1553704)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 26th, 2014 @ 11:41am CST
Really cool, I like this more than the recent body he had in RID, although this is basically that just in the MTMTE art style.
Just this one emulates a gun alt-mode and looks less like a tank. Check out the things on his shoulders that kinda look like the hammer of a gun.
Really cool, it's going to be really interesting to see how him being on the lost light is going to play out.
Re: James Roberts Teases More Than Meets the Eye Season 2 Themes and Cast (1553705)
Posted by rpetras on February 26th, 2014 @ 11:42am CST
Like the design :)

Miss the fusion cannon :(
Re: James Roberts Teases More Than Meets the Eye Season 2 Themes and Cast (1553706)
Posted by Shadowstream on February 26th, 2014 @ 11:50am CST
I love all of Milne's designs/redesigns so this gets 3 thumbs up from me! :grin:
Re: James Roberts Teases More Than Meets the Eye Season 2 Themes and Cast (1553709)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 26th, 2014 @ 11:56am CST
rpetras wrote:Like the design :)

Miss the fusion cannon :(

Oh god, I totally missed that! I was so into the design and its symmetry that I managed to miss the missing fusion cannon.
I wonder if he just doesn't have one now, or if it's simply not in this design. I guess he won't have it on the ship as a sort of safety rule.

Oh wait, I remember now this one issue in which Tarn quotes one of Megatron's writings, in it Megatron states that he will carry his weapon until peace has finally come, and the image shows him holding the fusion cannon in two hands like an offering.
So maybe he discards it before he joins the Lost Light?
Re: James Roberts Teases More Than Meets the Eye Season 2 Themes and Cast (1553713)
Posted by Joetx on February 26th, 2014 @ 12:06pm CST
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mhy a Voyager? There's already a Leader in the works.

I must have missed that. Crap.

Me too. Is this upcoming voyager Megatron a new mold or a retool/redeco?
Re: James Roberts Teases More Than Meets the Eye Season 2 Themes and Cast (1553715)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 26th, 2014 @ 12:13pm CST
Joetx wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mhy a Voyager? There's already a Leader in the works.

I must have missed that. Crap.

Me too. Is this upcoming voyager Megatron a new mold or a retool/redeco?

Not a Voyager, a new Leader Class mold, and apparently it's based on the idw design from RID, this one
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ith/28234/
Re: James Roberts Teases More Than Meets the Eye Season 2 Themes and Cast (1553719)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 26th, 2014 @ 12:34pm CST
I like it. I like it a lot.

I think I might prefer Andrew Griffith's design translated into a toy, though. Just a more "classic" look, I guess. I look forward to season two, though. And I can't wait to see the final design in the comics!
Re: James Roberts Teases More Than Meets the Eye Season 2 Themes and Cast (1553722)
Posted by megatronus on February 26th, 2014 @ 1:08pm CST
Joetx wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mhy a Voyager? There's already a Leader in the works.

I must have missed that. Crap.

Me too. Is this upcoming voyager Megatron a new mold or a retool/redeco?

The missed part was that a Leader Megs is in the works. Not a voyager.

Ending Soon On eBay

Hasbro Armada Starscream TG33 Transformers Masterpiece Takara Tomy Action Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 27 minutes 48 seconds
TRANSFORMERS UNITED UN-21 GENERATIONS SCOURGE - Time Remaining: 2 days 20 hours 17 minutes 1 second
Legacy of Sci-Fi REVOLTECH 049 Transformers Optimus Prime Action Figure KAYODO - Time Remaining: 9 days 19 hours 50 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers Cybertron - Nemesis breaker - Time Remaining: 16 days 15 hours 51 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers Lot Sunstreaker Complete Vintage Reissue G1 Sunstreaker in box New - Time Remaining: 2 days 54 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers G1 MEGATRON portrait poster WPAP POP Art on Canvas - Time Remaining: 2 days 1 hour 34 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers G1 1985 ULTRA MAGNUS cab hasbro takara (plastic) - Time Remaining: 2 days 53 minutes 44 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS DELUXE FALL OF CYBERTRON STARSCREAM 653569782353 - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 25 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory