Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: James Roberts Teases Transformes: More Than Meets the Eye Ongoing #21 on Twitter

Sunday, September 8th, 2013 12:24PM CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 15,526

Transformers fan-favourite writer James Roberts has started tweeting small teases for the upcoming 'finale' of the MTMTE Remain in Light story-arc, which will take place in issue #21 out later this month. He's calling this slow trickle of snippets #CountdownTo21.

We will round up these tweets every couple of days, in order to have more than one, and keep posting them here for those of you without Twitter - check out the first three below!

James Roberts wrote:(21) The last part of 'Remain In Light' is accompanied by a new four page short story. #CountdownTo21

https://twitter.com/jroberts332/status/ ... 2239708161

James Roberts wrote:(20) The story's working title was 'Stronger Hearts Than Mine Lie Empty', after a Ballboy song: #CountdownTo21

https://twitter.com/jroberts332/status/ ... 3996480512

James Roberts wrote:(19) Play before reading (thanks to Tumblr's face-of-vos for reminding me of its beauty): #CountdownTo21

https://twitter.com/jroberts332/status/ ... 7918041088

James Roberts wrote:(18) "I've never bought into the notion of Primal infallibility. I think that sometimes, God gets it wrong." #CountdownTo21

https://twitter.com/jroberts332/status/ ... 5536354304

James Roberts wrote:(17) At the end of the Lost Light's journey... another Morrissey song. I make no apologies. #CountdownTo21

https://twitter.com/jroberts332/status/ ... 6373390337

James Roberts wrote:(16) The prose story is called 'The Sound of Breaking Glass', and it takes place in-between the events in RiL Pt 5. #CountdownTo21

https://twitter.com/jroberts332/status/ ... 0580742144
Credit(s): James Roberts
Re: James Roberts Teases Transformes: More Than Meets the Eye Ongoing #21 on Twitter (1517760)
Posted by sabrigami on September 14th, 2013 @ 10:40am CDT
So amped for this! (what else is new?) I am a little surprised that the prose piece is not an epilogue or something. Especially since the endings tend to be a little rushed in most cases. Wonder who will take the focus in that one :-?

I hope this isn't delayed like people are saying. Delays end up being excruciating :-(
Re: James Roberts Teases Transformes: More Than Meets the Eye Ongoing #21 on Twitter (1517784)
Posted by Va'al on September 14th, 2013 @ 1:29pm CDT
Well, #22 is supposed to be some sort of roundup/coda to Remain in Light, which is probably why the prose piece is not fulfilling that duty. :-?

So far I haven't heard of any delays, but Monstrosity has had some weird stuff going on. We'll see come the last week of September!
Re: James Roberts Teases Transformes: More Than Meets the Eye Ongoing #21 on Twitter (1517824)
Posted by Flashwave on September 14th, 2013 @ 5:25pm CDT
So, is MTMTE ending or is the Lost Light gonna peel out of theend of Dark Cybertron and keep going for an MTMTE2, or do we know, or... cause I thought Hasbro's Chirstmas 2013 catalong Dark Cybertron was being shared by MTMTE and RID, not following them.
Re: James Roberts Teases Transformes: More Than Meets the Eye Ongoing #21 on Twitter (1517827)
Posted by Va'al on September 14th, 2013 @ 5:47pm CDT
The current storyarc, Remain in Light, is ending, MTMTE is not!

Dark Cybertron is indeed shared by both RID and MTMTE, after the one-shot issue. After Dark Cybertron, Roberts has mentioned a "season 2" of MTMTE.
Re: James Roberts Teases Transformes: More Than Meets the Eye Ongoing #21 on Twitter (1518806)
Posted by sabrigami on September 19th, 2013 @ 6:01pm CDT
Guess #9 explains the lack of previews. As much as it'll hurt, I'm going to forgo any this time. I want this to be a pure experience come Wednesday. Man, I have the distinct feeling this issue is going to melt my mind with all that will be packed in there. I can't wait :KREMZEEK: