Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors

Transformers News: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors

Wednesday, October 19th, 2011 12:50AM CDT

Categories: Movie News, People News, Rumors
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 104,205

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Just like the first time around, the Jason Statham rumor has been put to rest. This time by Statham himself. MTV recently asked the action star about his possible involvement in the future of the Transformers movie franchise, and this is what he had to say:

"You know, I don't know how those things start. You read them. Someone told me about it. [But] the internet is a dangerous place," he laughed. "There's a lot of stuff out there."

Not to say that Statham would be completely opposed to a "Transformers" movie: "I've got a lot of stuff in front of me, but Michael Bay is a talented man. This last one just made a billion dollars around the world, so people like his films. He's a talented man."


Click here to view the original article on MTV Movie Blog, which includes video of Statham debunking the rumor.

Director Michael Bay also dropped by his Shoot for the Edit forums to address the rumors that have been circulating around the internet:

Originally Posted by michaelbay
I am currently not talking to Paramount on T4 and T5 despite reports. I'm looking at a lot of possibilities coming my way right now weighing options. Most likely going to be doing the low budget Pain and Gain, a true story crime thriller. It's a very quick shoot and quite funny. Also just finishing the 3 disc set of the Transformer trilogy.

Michael
Credit(s): MTV Movie Blog, Shoot for the Edit
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302433)
Posted by Burn on October 19th, 2011 @ 1:06am CDT
adiprizio829 wrote:I challenge anyone here to tell me the Michael bay movies are better than the 1985 animated movie.


I challenge you to go read all the other threads where the movies have been debated endlessly instead of cluttering up ANOTHER news thread.

P.S. Welcome to the forums, enjoying catching up on the differences of opinion.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302445)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 19th, 2011 @ 1:50am CDT
Here we go again.

Definitely not interested in a TF 4 or 5 if its going to be anything like the first 3.
I just want to say, that for those who seem to think that the movies have done so much for the franchise, and brought in more fans, and more revenue... does that really matter? I get wanting cool toys, thats a given... but if its at the cost of hording in average joes and dullards to a fandom who don't really care about what Transformers are really about (Safely say every other TF fiction other than the movies), then screw the revenue, screw the extended franchise life. If TF magically somehow died tomorrow and all I was left with was everything we had up till now and no more movies. Give it to me.
:CON:
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302455)
Posted by dinogeist on October 19th, 2011 @ 2:59am CDT
RhA wrote:
Scatman Jazz wrote:Ahahahahaha, let's hope this is not true. It's funny, I'm actually laughing at Michael Bay returning more than Jason Statham's rumored casting. I knew he wasn't stupid enough to walk away from the never ending gold mine that is the Transformer movie series. Would love to see another director get their hands on it, but hey, you know what they say: if it isn't broken, don't try fixing it. From an overall stand point, these movies need a complete overhaul in every category except for visuals. But hey, the fans eat it up, so why bother?


Except for you, that is. Because you have an opinion and are not affraid to use it online.

Hurray for TF 4 BTW.


I think TF 4 & 5 are great. but please let TF 4 be in theathres in 2015.
this way we get 3 years for the TF Prime & generations toys to be as awesome as possible with tons of new molds.

I Think any live action TF movie without shia le barf will be awesome.
as he was a bad actor & could only do comedy. thus the TF movie scripts & dialogue were taiored around shia le barf's talentless skills.

I think A TF 4 & 5 with a whole brand new team of deceticons can work. we can get galvatron,cyclonus,scourge,blitzwing,overlord,all 5 1986 predacons that combine to form predaking.

I think to make things interesting some of the autobots from TF3 can get new alt modes. we can get newer characters like all 5 g-1 dinobots that combine to for a combiner. hotrod that powers up into rodimus prime,tripple changer springer,double dealer that's loyal to the autobots,metrolex.

I'd like a time jump travel movie. where transformers from the future travel to the past to cause trouble or to protect it.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302473)
Posted by Autobot032 on October 19th, 2011 @ 4:48am CDT
I can't help it... lol

adiprizio829 wrote:I challenge anyone here to tell me the Michael bay movies are better than the 1985 animated movie.


Challenge accepted. The Bayverse movies are better than the Animated movie. The critics, box office and general consensus all prove it to be so. Those are facts. On a personal level? The original movie stunk.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:From an action figure stand point, filming back to back would do wonders for the toyline. At least for the 5th film as Hasbro will have a huge leadtime in getting product developed.


I agree, however, I think there would be a lot of bad blood between fans and between fans and Hasbro. Some do love 'em, some are downright sick of them. With the way they put things on the back burner, you'd be hard pressed to see Generations for at least a year or more.

El Duque wrote:Just like the first time around, the Jason Statham rumor has been put to rest. This time by Statham himself. MTV recently asked the action star about his possible involvement in the future of the Transformers movie franchise, and this is what he had to say:

"You know, I don't know how those things start. You read them. Someone told me about it. [But] the internet is a dangerous place," he laughed. "There's a lot of stuff out there."

Not to say that Statham would be completely opposed to a "Transformers" movie: "I've got a lot of stuff in front of me, but Michael Bay is a talented man. This last one just made a billion dollars around the world, so people like his films. He's a talented man."


Click here to view the original article on MTV Movie Blog, which includes video of Statham debunking the rumor.

Director Michael Bay also dropped by his Shoot for the Edit forums to address the rumors that have been circulating around the internet:

Originally Posted by michaelbay
I am currently not talking to Paramount on T4 and T5 despite reports. I'm looking at a lot of possibilities coming my way right now weighing options. Most likely going to be doing the low budget Pain and Gain, a true story crime thriller. It's a very quick shoot and quite funny. Also just finishing the 3 disc set of the Transformer trilogy.

Michael


Statham didn't directly say yes or no. That was well worded, but danced around the issue.
As for Bay, he's outright lied to us countless times. When both Variety and The Hollywood Reporter mention this, there's something to it. If nothing else, they're at least talking. Contrary to what he claims.

MINDVVIPE wrote:Here we go again.

Definitely not interested in a TF 4 or 5 if its going to be anything like the first 3.
I just want to say, that for those who seem to think that the movies have done so much for the franchise, and brought in more fans, and more revenue... does that really matter? I get wanting cool toys, thats a given... but if its at the cost of hording in average joes and dullards to a fandom who don't really care about what Transformers are really about (Safely say every other TF fiction other than the movies), then screw the revenue, screw the extended franchise life. If TF magically somehow died tomorrow and all I was left with was everything we had up till now and no more movies. Give it to me.
:CON:


Yes, it does really matter. Average Joes, I can't comment on, but I can tell you that you're outright wrong on some of the converts being dullards. Just because they're n00b fans doesn't mean their desire is any less powerful than any of our's.

You act like the fandom belongs only to you. It doesn't. The doors are open to people of all ages and we should welcome them, not shun them.

If it wasn't for the increased revenue and popularity, we'd probably be facing a Power Rangers situation. The media sucked, except for RPM, the toys were stripped of their Japanese awesomeness and downsized along with entire features gutted, just to make them cheap enough to produce and sell. I remember what the original Power Rangers toys were like. Today's don't even compare. Trust me, you do not want that to happen to TransFormers. The movies pretty much saved the entire franchise when it was in danger of going stagnant. Proven fact? The movies and toyline did over a billion in 2007. The AEC trilogy pulled in about $75 mill. Google it, it's out there.

The movies were fun and breathtaking. Somewhat stupid, I admit, but it's a small price to pay to get what we want, and we do get what we want.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302480)
Posted by noctorro on October 19th, 2011 @ 5:44am CDT
Here we go again.

I cannot understand why Bay would want to do another TF movie. He's rich, let him do Bad Boys III or something.

As for Statham, he's like Vin Diesel/Arnold/Sylvester. Would you really want a Die Hard movie with transforming cars?

Shia played the "Spike" character, G1 didn't have an action hero with a robot sidekick. The Transformers are the fighters, not the humans. And Josh Duhamel was a side character. I don't think it would work if the main human character is a fighter-like dude.

My opinion: "Leave the trilogy alone, wait a few years and start fresh with new writers, director, actors etc."

A Transformers movie with say Bryan Singer (directing) would have less "pretty action shots" but it would have story and the characters would have... character.

+ All the designs need to be new/fresh.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302487)
Posted by Blackstreak on October 19th, 2011 @ 6:29am CDT
So they both neither deny nor confirm the rumors. But both don't seem to be in the talks on the project. Personally, I think Jason Statham became a part of this rumor only because of his relationship w/ Rosey Huntington-Whiteley. It seems people want to see them both in a movie together. Rather than fuel rumors, I'll just wait to see what really happens.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302495)
Posted by Sodan-1 on October 19th, 2011 @ 7:04am CDT
I apologise as this is slightly off topic, but a couple of people's comments stood out at me a bit. I remember seeing similar comments when Linkin Park released Iridescent. I won't mention names (partly because I can't be arsed to go back and check who said what) but can we avoid assuming that we are a bigger fan of Transformers than others because of what we believe?

Is there a rule that states how a true fan should feel about certain aspects of whatever they follow? Is a true fan someone who loves the subject unconditionally no matter what they do? Or is it someone who has the courage to say "hang on a second, I don't like where you're going with this"? The only right answer to this question is that there is no right answer. We can only answer for ourselves, and I'm sure we all have damn good reasons for feeling that way. It's these differences that lead to constructive debates, but some seem to insinuate that they are automatically right and others are wrong.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302505)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on October 19th, 2011 @ 7:43am CDT
I'm certain that the Statham rumours only started because of his relationship with Rosie and his 'Death Race' co-star Tyrese...

Hmm...Why yes, I do believe I'm Captain Obvious! ^^
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302515)
Posted by Dre Merc on October 19th, 2011 @ 8:25am CDT
Well, I don't see the point in placing Shia as lead. He can't play the quirky boy and his (pet)car role because he's an adult. I was amused by his comedic antics, but I've had enough. I can say the same about Bay's insistance on humor. Someone mentioned they'd like to see JJ Abrams be the director. I think that would be excellent.

As far as a movie set on Cybertron.. wow some people really think that would work? Lifeless dark grey shifting steel structures as backgrounds, and grey protoform robots that won't "disguise?" Shhyeah.. that would work.

I think they should have both a human and a bot without voice issues lead.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302523)
Posted by LadyBug on October 19th, 2011 @ 8:48am CDT
Dre Merc wrote:As far as a movie set on Cybertron.. wow some people really think that would work? Lifeless dark grey shifting steel structures as backgrounds, and grey protoform robots that won't "disguise?" Shhyeah.. that would work.


If Tron: Legacy can create a world in CGI; I'm sure that they will have no problem with making Cybertron. And I think it would be awesome if we get a prequel that is based on Cybertron, but I think that we won't get to see it in a live action is because they are doing all of this Cybertron based stuff with the Prime universe + War for Cybertron/Exodus/Exiles continuities.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302527)
Posted by vegetacron on October 19th, 2011 @ 8:54am CDT
Challenge accepted. The Bayverse movies are better than the Animated movie. The critics, box office and general consensus all prove it to be so. Those are facts. On a personal level? The original movie stunk.


Thats a bad Bayformer! Bad! Get off the internetz!

Anyhow, in regards to the news: I think it would be need to see Jason Stratham as the lead in the future TF movies and also think it would be just mighty swell i Paramount didn't bring Micheal Bay back to Transformers. Keep the CGI guys, but lets bump this director and get someone a bit better.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302529)
Posted by vegetacron on October 19th, 2011 @ 9:08am CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:I apologise as this is slightly off topic, but a couple of people's comments stood out at me a bit. I remember seeing similar comments when Linkin Park released Iridescent. I won't mention names (partly because I can't be arsed to go back and check who said what) but can we avoid assuming that we are a bigger fan of Transformers than others because of what we believe?

Is there a rule that states how a true fan should feel about certain aspects of whatever they follow? Is a true fan someone who loves the subject unconditionally no matter what they do? Or is it someone who has the courage to say "hang on a second, I don't like where you're going with this"? The only right answer to this question is that there is no right answer. We can only answer for ourselves, and I'm sure we all have damn good reasons for feeling that way. It's these differences that lead to constructive debates, but some seem to insinuate that they are automatically right and others are wrong.


You will find that there are generally two types of Transformer fans: Generation 1 fans and Bayformer fans.

Gen1 fans are the 30 somethings of today that grew up play with the original Tranformers back in the early to mid 80s and actually loved watching the 80s cartoons.

Bayformers are fans under 30 that either grew up in the 2000s or were teenyboppers when the first Bayformer movie came out. Bayformer fans love the Micheal Bay Transformer movies because really, that was their first exposure to intellectual property.

Most Gen1 fans just get along and except the Bayformer fans because Bayformer fans are usually the retards in the room that we all take pity on and graciously thank them for spending money on an IP that we grew up with. If it wasn't for them and Micheal Bay, we wouldn't have all this great Gen1 revival stuf that Hasbro keeps making.

Bayformer fans have something to prove. They generally hate the history of Transformers and believe that the true continuity is that of what Micheal Bay and Co have produced on the silver screen. To them Micheal Bay is the god of all Transformerdom.

Kinda retarded all around, but it is what it is. I stopped posting here as much because quite frankly, I rarely have the patience for the Bayformer fans. I just want them to kee0p watching the movies and buying the crap Bayformer stuff that comes out so we G1 fans keep getting the good Gen1 stuff.

So as my good friend John would say "Proooooceeed wit da bullshit!" lol
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302561)
Posted by Marcdachamp on October 19th, 2011 @ 9:40am CDT
_Anshin_ wrote:Yes, because movies that are filmed in a location other than earth such as Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Avatar, or other such no named movies were such a flop. Hell, even animated movies such as Toy Story had very little human elements in there but people enjoyed them because they were well written and not just giant explosions and lots of car chases. People are able to relate to a decent story line even if the characters are not human but display basic human traits. You see this is shown slightly with the movie Transformers and more with some of the animated stuff.

I am an avid fan. I read the comics, read the books, play the games, have the comics and the figures. Chances are if you are seeing this "plea" once a week then there is a very good chance that people actually want to see it and not just spend money watching a guy play with his toys and get paid to blow them up.


Flashwave wrote:Respectfully, I have to disagree with most of your comparisons there. Toy Story is the only one that's not trully human, but you can't say there weren't human elements. Everything else, they are humans. Whether it's Corusant, Madison, Los Angles, or Mission City, we relate to Humans. And as far as Toy Story, they not only have humans elements, but we held them as family at one time. You can't tell me you never had some kind of doll or teddy bear in your childhood, and the vast majorityy of us had them as companions, venting listeners, and friends we could hide from the world with. That's the relation.

Could a Human/TF movie in space work? I think so. But would Avatar have been as good if we humans weren't the aggresors? Would pople have understood the morale to that story if it were blue people versus some green dudes? Not likely. No matter where the setting is, the audience just can't relate to a story as easily if the characters aren't like them. Do you talk to your truck? Have yo had a tea party with your Hatchback? Probably not, so odds are your Hatchback getting shot by somebody's Lamborghini isn't going to draw tears from Joe Blow.


Flashwave just summed it up much better than I could. Could humans/TFs in space work? Yes. It would be a tougher sell, and I still think you'd be better off putting at least some of it on Earth, but I never said TFs and humans in space wouldn't work. TFs in space without humans? That WOULD fail. Anshin, every movie you listed there has humans in it. Your aruduement doesn't work.

Also, let's keep in mind that the TF movie with the least amount of humans in it is also the one that performed the worst at the box office.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302593)
Posted by D-340 on October 19th, 2011 @ 10:07am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:I can't help it... lol

adiprizio829 wrote:I challenge anyone here to tell me the Michael bay movies are better than the 1985 animated movie.


Challenge accepted. The Bayverse movies are better than the Animated movie. The critics, box office and general consensus all prove it to be so. Those are facts. On a personal level? The original movie stunk.



While I won't argue your opinion, the only thing the live action movies have over the animated movie from '86 is the box office. Critically, all the movies have been torn to shreds. And the general consensus, I'm pretty sure there are just as many fans of the animated movie as the live action movies. That's why a 20th anniversary edition of the animated movie was released back in '06.

acchillyaout wrote: I have been a transformer fan longer than all of you put together.


Lol, yeah, I doubt that.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302597)
Posted by Marcdachamp on October 19th, 2011 @ 10:09am CDT
vegetacron wrote:You will find that there are generally two types of Transformer fans: Generation 1 fans and Bayformer fans.

Gen1 fans are the 30 somethings of today that grew up play with the original Tranformers back in the early to mid 80s and actually loved watching the 80s cartoons.

Bayformers are fans under 30 that either grew up in the 2000s or were teenyboppers when the first Bayformer movie came out. Bayformer fans love the Micheal Bay Transformer movies because really, that was their first exposure to intellectual property.

Most Gen1 fans just get along and except the Bayformer fans because Bayformer fans are usually the retards in the room that we all take pity on and graciously thank them for spending money on an IP that we grew up with. If it wasn't for them and Micheal Bay, we wouldn't have all this great Gen1 revival stuf that Hasbro keeps making.

Bayformer fans have something to prove. They generally hate the history of Transformers and believe that the true continuity is that of what Micheal Bay and Co have produced on the silver screen. To them Micheal Bay is the god of all Transformerdom.

Kinda retarded all around, but it is what it is. I stopped posting here as much because quite frankly, I rarely have the patience for the Bayformer fans. I just want them to kee0p watching the movies and buying the crap Bayformer stuff that comes out so we G1 fans keep getting the good Gen1 stuff.

So as my good friend John would say "Proooooceeed wit da bullshit!" lol


Wow. I don't even know where to begin with this, other than to call out how ridiculously condescending you are.

First off, I was born in 1985, and I grew up on a mix of G1 and G2. I fell in love with Beast Wars, my interest lapsed a bit, came back for RiD and Armada, my interest lapsed a bit, I came back for the movie and I've stuck around since.

This "True fan vs. untrue fan" stuff is ludicrous and makes the whole fanbase look bad.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302616)
Posted by RhA on October 19th, 2011 @ 10:31am CDT
You know what this francise needs? Chuck fr*kking Norris.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302620)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 19th, 2011 @ 10:32am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:Yes, it does really matter. Average Joes, I can't comment on, but I can tell you that you're outright wrong on some of the converts being dullards. Just because they're n00b fans doesn't mean their desire is any less powerful than any of our's.

You act like the fandom belongs only to you. It doesn't. The doors are open to people of all ages and we should welcome them, not shun them.

If it wasn't for the increased revenue and popularity, we'd probably be facing a Power Rangers situation. The media sucked, except for RPM, the toys were stripped of their Japanese awesomeness and downsized along with entire features gutted, just to make them cheap enough to produce and sell. I remember what the original Power Rangers toys were like. Today's don't even compare. Trust me, you do not want that to happen to TransFormers. The movies pretty much saved the entire franchise when it was in danger of going stagnant. Proven fact? The movies and toyline did over a billion in 2007. The AEC trilogy pulled in about $75 mill. Google it, it's out there.

The movies were fun and breathtaking. Somewhat stupid, I admit, but it's a small price to pay to get what we want, and we do get what we want.


I just said I don't care about the money. Or even if the quality is roughed out and sub par. Atleast it might have some substance instead of a total misdirection of what the Transformers are about. Yea, I do feel TF belongs to me, because I have been a loyal supporter of it. Thats called customer loyalty of any product or service. Its the feeling that a customer has that ensures they stay with the product that is instilled by the company or organization. When the consumer, i.g. me, feels betrayed by one of their huge products, its a loss of a costumer due to this change in product image or form.
I don't like the new fans because they are being given the wrong impressions of what Transformers are, and that is a crappy movie that is all special effects and NOTHING else.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302632)
Posted by Marcdachamp on October 19th, 2011 @ 10:50am CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:I don't like the new fans because they are being given the wrong impressions of what Transformers are, and that is a crappy movie that is all special effects and NOTHING else.


But that's YOUR opinion of what Transformers are and YOUR opinion of the quality of those films.

At the end of the day, there are tons of different ways you can get Transformers related things that satisfy your interest: comics, toys, DVDs, bobbleheads... the fact of the matter is, you wouldn't be able to get those things without the movies doing well, and fans of those movies aren't constantly wishing that all the G1 stuff disappears.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302636)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on October 19th, 2011 @ 10:59am CDT
vegetacron wrote:You will find that there are generally two types of Transformer fans: Generation 1 fans and Bayformer fans.

Gen1 fans are the 30 somethings of today that grew up play with the original Tranformers back in the early to mid 80s and actually loved watching the 80s cartoons.

Bayformers are fans under 30 that either grew up in the 2000s or were teenyboppers when the first Bayformer movie came out. Bayformer fans love the Micheal Bay Transformer movies because really, that was their first exposure to intellectual property.


I really honestly believe that there should be a solid poll about this before we all assume that the vocal minority posters represent one of two general halves on Seibertron.

I was born in 1990. I grew up with Beast Wars, and later the series that followed. I was 17 when Transformers (2007) came out, and focusing on which colleges had my chosen career in video games available, and also happened to be going around Europe that summer. I recognized Transformers before they became the live-action films. But. It was Bayformers that taught me that there was an fandom, and the aesthetics really clicked with me, so since then I have actively bought product besides the shows.


vegetacron wrote:Most Gen1 fans just get along and except the Bayformer fans because Bayformer fans are usually the retards in the room that we all take pity on and graciously thank them for spending money on an IP that we grew up with. If it wasn't for them and Micheal Bay, we wouldn't have all this great Gen1 revival stuf that Hasbro keeps making.


Sure, I'm spending my money to support this. That's my choice, and I hope that in the future you won't patronize anyone who does, because you automatically generalize that we're retards who don't know any better, or who can't be better. Yes, the younglings can post stupid stuff. That's true anywhere you see people, not just here, not just on the internet. It's far more beneficial to point out specifically what is detrimental in their posts, and then hope that the parents have taken responsibility for teaching their children how to take constructive criticism. If they don't, that's what rules, bans, moderators, etc. are for, again, done while pointing out specifically what the problem is, so that they have a better opportunity for redeeming themselves if they so choose.

vegetacron wrote:Bayformer fans have something to prove. They generally hate the history of Transformers and believe that the true continuity is that of what Micheal Bay and Co have produced on the silver screen. To them Micheal Bay is the god of all Transformerdom.


Yes, I do have something to prove here. I would like to prove that I'm not out against all the rest of the fans, granted, I'm not just a 'bayformer fan,' but it is the continuity I am most passionate about.
I do not believe in a "true" continuity anymore than a true fan, nor do I hail Michael Bay as a person anymore than anyone else related to Transformers.

And I get along just fine with plenty of fans, G1 or otherwise.
Disagreement is just a product of our differing opinions....and the only reason I didn't merely not respond to your post was to voice a differing opinion on the matter, though one has already been brought up, which you then responded to.
Sodan-1 wrote: It's these differences that lead to constructive debates....


I hope my post is constructive in some way. I tried.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had friends on facebook posting the initial rumour about Jason coming on, and I simply let them know that there wasn't any concrete evidence to support it, and that this rumour had been shot down months before. I'm seriously wondering who brought it up in the first place, and whether it was the same person who has brought it up now, or if someone just dredged it up. Plenty of people still aren't aware of the initial rumour, as it was.

As for the next Transformers films, as I've stated before, I wouldn't mind a reboot. I'm going to miss the movieverse, but I, just as much as the next person, don't want it to wear its welcome out with the world and end on the worst note possible. Plus they've given us plenty of characters and designs to play with for years to come.
I'm just sad that Bumblebee's probably going to be taking his speechlessness with him to more continuities than I would care for. Out of all the things to take from the Bayverse....At least we got the cutest Animated Blackout from it! :D
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302642)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 19th, 2011 @ 11:05am CDT
Marcdachamp wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:I don't like the new fans because they are being given the wrong impressions of what Transformers are, and that is a crappy movie that is all special effects and NOTHING else.


But that's YOUR opinion of what Transformers are and YOUR opinion of the quality of those films.

At the end of the day, there are tons of different ways you can get Transformers related things that satisfy your interest: comics, toys, DVDs, bobbleheads... the fact of the matter is, you wouldn't be able to get those things without the movies doing well, and fans of those movies aren't constantly wishing that all the G1 stuff disappears.


Okay... i'll say it again so everyone can be clear on... MY opinion (no $#*! it is, you all keep pointing that out like I keep forgetting it is).

I don't care if TFs remained in the state it was before the movies came out. Even if it was at this crappy stage where it was just trodding along doing okay here and there, I would prefer that over the situation now, where someone will see my Decepticon tattoo and yell OPTIMUS! like some poser who just wants one more piece of popular trend to belong to.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302643)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on October 19th, 2011 @ 11:05am CDT
Marcdachamp wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:I don't like the new fans because they are being given the wrong impressions of what Transformers are, and that is a crappy movie that is all special effects and NOTHING else.


But that's YOUR opinion of what Transformers are and YOUR opinion of the quality of those films.

At the end of the day, there are tons of different ways you can get Transformers related things that satisfy your interest: comics, toys, DVDs, bobbleheads... the fact of the matter is, you wouldn't be able to get those things without the movies doing well, and fans of those movies aren't constantly wishing that all the G1 stuff disappears.


ha ha ...
Philosophy!

that is true that is your opinion but this isn't to say there are others of the same opinions. in the end the movie will be about how the transformers are viewed from the one who offers the most money. or directs it.
and i personally think there are little differences between michael's movie tones and the "others".
other than these
1.M.'s is more realistic(on earth/real vehicles(if not alien),etc.)

2. the "others" have the transformers as more human like in which they have more human conflicts and actions.ex: rodimus springer arcee love V and things like jazz killing a human and not being psychotically same.

3.M.'s is more serious / the "others" are for the kids.

in the end i wish the "others" had more action and kept everything else. while i wish M.'s had A LOT LESS human backstory and more drama about the TFs and them being more human in psychology(love, wishes, internal conflicts, and same-side conflicts(ei:IDW ironhide hating mirage because mirage was believed to be a betrayer).
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302650)
Posted by Autobot032 on October 19th, 2011 @ 11:17am CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:I just said I don't care about the money. Or even if the quality is roughed out and sub par. Atleast it might have some substance instead of a total misdirection of what the Transformers are about.


Wait...wait... How can it have quality and substance if it's "roughed out and sub par"? That makes absolutely no sense, you do see that, right? After reading that, I have no idea what you actually want. For all of my dislike for G1, even I have to say there was enough quality to it. Even it wasn't "roughed out and sub par". Well, at least not all of the time. So, obviously G1 doesn't impress you and the movies don't impress you. I'm getting the feeling you really have no idea what you want and you're grasping at straws.

At that point, the problem lies with you, not the franchise or it's different iterations.

MINDVVIPE wrote:Yea, I do feel TF belongs to me, because I have been a loyal supporter of it. Thats called customer loyalty of any product or service. Its the feeling that a customer has that ensures they stay with the product that is instilled by the company or organization. When the consumer, i.g. me, feels betrayed by one of their huge products, its a loss of a costumer due to this change in product image or form.


I used to think like you. Then I grew up. I'm a loyal supporter, I love TransFormers, but I don't own it. Never have. Hasbro has been loyal to their customers. Their service has been somewhat questionable, but they are loyal. I could understand your feelings if this was a several hundred dollars purchase such as a computer from a brand you love and invested in. Or a car that's been reliable for years and then they change it into a Yugo 2.0. That's not what's going on here, though. This is...

These toys have always been for children. They will always be marketed towards children. They will be changed, shaped, and adapted for children. You can either accept this and enjoy it, or not at all and be left out. The choice is your's.

MINDVVIPE wrote:I don't like the new fans because they are being given the wrong impressions of what Transformers are, and that is a crappy movie that is all special effects and NOTHING else.


...wait... You're holding it against the fans for being "misled"? So, they deserve to be disliked and even hated because someone fooled them? Do you have any idea how...CRUEL that sounds? In your scenario, the new fans are victims. In your scenario, you don't like the victims because they're victims and don't know it.

WTF?!?! *screams*

1.) The new fans are capable of finding other TF mythos. G1 cartoons or the DW/IDW comics, or fanfiction, etc. How dare you say they're stupid and incapable of more. You don't have that right.

2.) No one misled them. No one tricked them. It's their personal choice to stick with Bayverse or expand. If they choose not to, that's their right and there's nothing wrong with it. I like Beast Wars, even though I know it's a sequel of sorts to G1. That doesn't mean I have to like G1. Same applies to the new fans. Just because you say it as golden truth, doesn't mean it is.

All of this, plus the whole "I own it" thing further proves my point concerning this sense of entitlement everyone in the fandom has. I don't know where we got it, why we have it, or how to fix it, but it needs to go the hell away. NOW.

We are owed nothing. We are but tiny cogs in a very large machine that makes very large amounts of money. The fact that we're even recognized and catered to should be enough, but it never is.

If Hasbro ever does anything out of spite, towards us, it's well deserved and earned.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302654)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 19th, 2011 @ 11:21am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:I just said I don't care about the money. Or even if the quality is roughed out and sub par. Atleast it might have some substance instead of a total misdirection of what the Transformers are about.


Wait...wait... How can it have quality and substance if it's "roughed out and sub par"? That makes absolutely no sense, you do see that, right? After reading that, I have no idea what you actually want. For all of my dislike for G1, even I have to say there was enough quality to it. Even it wasn't "roughed out and sub par". Well, at least not all of the time. So, obviously G1 doesn't impress you and the movies don't impress you. I'm getting the feeling you really have no idea what you want and you're grasping at straws.

At that point, the problem lies with you, not the franchise or it's different iterations.

MINDVVIPE wrote:Yea, I do feel TF belongs to me, because I have been a loyal supporter of it. Thats called customer loyalty of any product or service. Its the feeling that a customer has that ensures they stay with the product that is instilled by the company or organization. When the consumer, i.g. me, feels betrayed by one of their huge products, its a loss of a costumer due to this change in product image or form.


I used to think like you. Then I grew up. I'm a loyal supporter, I love TransFormers, but I don't own it. Never have. Hasbro has been loyal to their customers. Their service has been somewhat questionable, but they are loyal. I could understand your feelings if this was a several hundred dollars purchase such as a computer from a brand you love and invested in. Or a car that's been reliable for years and then they change it into a Yugo 2.0. That's not what's going on here, though. This is...

These toys have always been for children. They will always be marketed towards children. They will be changed, shaped, and adapted for children. You can either accept this and enjoy it, or not at all and be left out. The choice is your's.

MINDVVIPE wrote:I don't like the new fans because they are being given the wrong impressions of what Transformers are, and that is a crappy movie that is all special effects and NOTHING else.


...wait... You're holding it against the fans for being "misled"? So, they deserve to be disliked and even hated because someone fooled them? Do you have any idea how...CRUEL that sounds? In your scenario, the new fans are victims. In your scenario, you don't like the victims because they're victims and don't know it.

WTF?!?! *screams*

1.) The new fans are capable of finding other TF mythos. G1 cartoons or the DW/IDW comics, or fanfiction, etc. How dare you say they're stupid and incapable of more. You don't have that right.

2.) No one misled them. No one tricked them. It's their personal choice to stick with Bayverse or expand. If they choose not to, that's their right and there's nothing wrong with it. I like Beast Wars, even though I know it's a sequel of sorts to G1. That doesn't mean I have to like G1. Same applies to the new fans. Just because you say it as golden truth, doesn't mean it is.

All of this, plus the whole "I own it" thing further proves my point concerning this sense of entitlement everyone in the fandom has. I don't know where we got it, why we have it, or how to fix it, but it needs to go the hell away. NOW.

We are owed nothing. We are but tiny cogs in a very large machine that makes very large amounts of money. The fact that we're even recognized and catered to should be enough, but it never is.

If Hasbro ever does anything out of spite, towards us, it's well deserved and earned.


You can have substance on a lowbudget. Star Wars - A new hope, compared to Star wars The Phantom menace.
You missed my point. You heard what you wanted to hear. I don't care to further debate.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302660)
Posted by Marcdachamp on October 19th, 2011 @ 11:29am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:I used to think like you. Then I grew up. I'm a loyal supporter, I love TransFormers, but I don't own it. Never have. Hasbro has been loyal to their customers. Their service has been somewhat questionable, but they are loyal. I could understand your feelings if this was a several hundred dollars purchase such as a computer from a brand you love and invested in. Or a car that's been reliable for years and then they change it into a Yugo 2.0. That's not what's going on here, though. This is...

These toys have always been for children. They will always be marketed towards children. They will be changed, shaped, and adapted for children. You can either accept this and enjoy it, or not at all and be left out. The choice is your's.


You hit the nail on the head. I love it when Transformers fans question Hasbro's fan loyalty. Universe Hot Shot had a license plate that said "jAAM." If that doesn't show just the tiniest fraction of their love and loyalty to the fanbase, I'm not sure what does.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302663)
Posted by Bouncy X on October 19th, 2011 @ 11:33am CDT
oh my, i saw someone bring up the "brothers" thing regarding Prime and Megatron.

they aren't brothers, he was just referring to him as such because they're all Transformers and "brothers in arms". i don't know why some read more into it than that but it was obvious by the tone and the delivery thats what was meant.

plus its a hollywood movie, if they really meant the two were related you better believe they'd focus on it and shove that concept so hard into the ground that by the end everyone would be related or something. lol
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302664)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 19th, 2011 @ 11:33am CDT
Marcdachamp wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:I used to think like you. Then I grew up. I'm a loyal supporter, I love TransFormers, but I don't own it. Never have. Hasbro has been loyal to their customers. Their service has been somewhat questionable, but they are loyal. I could understand your feelings if this was a several hundred dollars purchase such as a computer from a brand you love and invested in. Or a car that's been reliable for years and then they change it into a Yugo 2.0. That's not what's going on here, though. This is...

These toys have always been for children. They will always be marketed towards children. They will be changed, shaped, and adapted for children. You can either accept this and enjoy it, or not at all and be left out. The choice is your's.


You hit the nail on the head. I love it when Transformers fans question Hasbro's fan loyalty. Universe Hot Shot had a license plate that said "jAAM." If that doesn't show just the tiniest fraction of their love and loyalty to the fanbase, I'm not sure what does.


You also seem to think that everyone who voices their opinion is really complaining from a self-entitlement complex. Its really not. Its just being a fan, and publically stating opinion. But since you guys gota take it so seriously to hopefully end with a sense of self-rightousness... I can't help that.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302665)
Posted by Autobot032 on October 19th, 2011 @ 11:35am CDT
vegetacron wrote:You will find that there are generally two types of Transformer fans: Generation 1 fans and Bayformer fans.

Gen1 fans are the 30 somethings of today that grew up play with the original Tranformers back in the early to mid 80s and actually loved watching the 80s cartoons.

Bayformers are fans under 30 that either grew up in the 2000s or were teenyboppers when the first Bayformer movie came out. Bayformer fans love the Micheal Bay Transformer movies because really, that was their first exposure to intellectual property.


....could you be more wrong? I grew up in the 80's, I'm 30-something, I loved Saturday morning cartoons. Bayverse was the latest exposure to TFs for me, not the first and yet I embrace it wholly.

I know what you think of people such as myself and we'll get to that in a moment.

vegetacron wrote:Most Gen1 fans just get along and except the Bayformer fans because Bayformer fans are usually the retards in the room that we all take pity on and graciously thank them for spending money on an IP that we grew up with. If it wasn't for them and Micheal Bay, we wouldn't have all this great Gen1 revival stuf that Hasbro keeps making.


And there it is "Bayformer fans because Bayformer fans are usually the retards in the room"

...what kind of a person are you? I can't give you a label because it would be a punishable offense, but it's tempting. I won't give into my temptations, however. I'm just going to report you and let the higher ups handle it. They will have mercy on you, but if it was me....something this offensive would get you a permanent ban.

To any outsiders looking in, you should know we are not like this guy. We're generally warm and inviting. We hope you weren't offended.

vegetacron wrote:Bayformer fans have something to prove. They generally hate the history of Transformers and believe that the true continuity is that of what Micheal Bay and Co have produced on the silver screen. To them Micheal Bay is the god of all Transformerdom.


I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else. NOTHING!

I don't hate the history. As much as I hate G1, I can also see that it laid the ground work for more. It brought us characters known and loved for over a quarter of a century. I don't deny the impact it has.

Beast Wars changed everything for me. I saw that the universe was capable of intelligent writing and new designs for the toys/characters that they hadn't tried yet. G1 was like a car stuck in first gear, Beast Wars shifted and kept it going. Bayverse simply put it into overdrive.

Michael Bay as the God of all Transformerdom? No. 1.) That sounds ridiculous. 2.) The businessmen and Marvel employees responsible for giving it life would like to have a word with you.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302681)
Posted by YoungPrime on October 19th, 2011 @ 12:01pm CDT
Marcdachamp wrote:
_Anshin_ wrote:Lets do everyone a favor. We know you are going to make more movies. quote]

I see this plea at least once a week on this website. You guys DO realize that a Transformers movie with no Earth and no humans would literally kill this franchise, right?

Do you honestly think your casual movie-goer wants to see that? No, they don't. They want to see high-stakes action that makes them gasp and think "Oh my God, what if that did happen here?" The second you take away that human element, we're back to praying for the next Beast Wars to pull the franchise out of the fire.

You want movie-verse prequels and sequels with no humans that take place on Cybertron? Go buy IDW's Movie Prequel and Reign of Starscream comics. They're fun, and they have a majority of robot action.

And as for Statham and Bay? Yeah, I'd be down for that. That would probably be amazing, actually. I would like to see Shia cameo, though.


@Marcdachamp, do you really believe that parents enjoyed taking their children to see dogs hump each other (repeatedly) or Devastators balls? How about the sector 7 guy Seymour in a thong, or two men in a bathroom stall? I guess during your race to deflate the opinions of other people you forgot about the effeminate Asian guy performing fellatio on a juice box straw in an elevator for no valid reason.

And as terrible as these humorless practices are you’re going to sit here with a straight face and tell people what they’re not willing to see when Transformers taking center stage with a few humans playing “supporting roles” is all most people wanted in the first place???

Do some researching before you try to deflate someones request. Those movies were horrible and the fact is most people tuned out the negative human aspects in order to enjoy the little bit a Transformer relevant parts in the movie that they could.

The first 3 minutes of DOTM was the best part with in the first hour of the film. So if you think the annoying, poorly played humans were the sole reason people went to see these films then you’re crazy…

If you like Bayformers that's fine, but don’t deflate a legitimate request or dismiss people as G1 Bay-haters as if there’s no valid reason for the criticism. Not calling out you personally but generally speaking, a Transformers film doesn’t have to be Master Piece Theater, but humans acting like Sponge Bob while taking up most of the screen time isn’t fulfilling either. Which more and more people are agreeing to.

So no more Bay..REBOOT PLEASE!
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302688)
Posted by SlyTF1 on October 19th, 2011 @ 12:19pm CDT
YoungPrime wrote:@Marcdachamp, do you really believe that parents enjoyed taking their children to see dogs hump each other (repeatedly) or Devastators balls? How about the sector 7 guy Seymour in a thong, or two men in a bathroom stall?


Yes.

I guess during your race to deflate the opinions of other people you forgot about the effeminate Asian guy performing fellatio on a juice box straw in an elevator for no valid reason.


I don't even know WTF that is, but my parents laughed, and I repeat it every time I drink something and they don't curse me out or beat me, so it must not be too bad.

And as terrible as these humorless practices are you’re going to sit here with a straight face and tell people what they’re not willing to see when Transformers taking center stage with a few humans playing “supporting roles” is all most people wanted in the first place???


Just skip to the damn parts with the giant robots fighting. That's what I do.

Do some researching before you try to deflate someones request. Those movies were horrible and the fact is most people tuned out the negative human aspects in order to enjoy the little bit a Transformer relevant parts in the movie that they could.


That's your opinion, and you're trying to make it seem as though it's a fact. just like most people do when they put these movies down.

The first 3 minutes of DOTM was the best part with in the first hour of the film. So if you think the annoying, poorly played humans were the sole reason people went to see these films then you’re crazy…


That was 10 minutes...I would follow up with something else, but it would probably just get me in trouble.

a Transformers film doesn’t have to be Master Piece Theater, but humans acting like Sponge Bob while taking up most of the screen time isn’t fulfilling either. Which more and more people are agreeing to.

So no more Bay..REBOOT PLEASE!


What the hell would be the point of having a live action movie if the TFs are the whole movie? They might as well just make it animated. Oh wait. I do agree that the first movie was stupid on the basis that the Autobots showed up for like the last 40 minutes, and it had like 2 minutes of Decepticons before that; but ROTF and DOTM have the TFs in proabably over 80% of the scenes.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302693)
Posted by YoungPrime on October 19th, 2011 @ 12:28pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:
YoungPrime wrote:@Marcdachamp, do you really believe that parents enjoyed taking their children to see dogs hump each other (repeatedly) or Devastators balls? How about the sector 7 guy Seymour in a thong, or two men in a bathroom stall?


Yes.

I guess during your race to deflate the opinions of other people you forgot about the effeminate Asian guy performing fellatio on a juice box straw in an elevator for no valid reason.


I don't even know WTF that is, but my parents laughed, and I repeat it every time I drink something and they don't curse me out or beat me, so it must not be too bad.

And as terrible as these humorless practices are you’re going to sit here with a straight face and tell people what they’re not willing to see when Transformers taking center stage with a few humans playing “supporting roles” is all most people wanted in the first place???


Just skip to the damn parts with the giant robots fighting. That's what I do.

Do some researching before you try to deflate someones request. Those movies were horrible and the fact is most people tuned out the negative human aspects in order to enjoy the little bit a Transformer relevant parts in the movie that they could.


That's your opinion, and you're trying to make it seem as though it's a fact. just like most people do when they put these movies down.

The first 3 minutes of DOTM was the best part with in the first hour of the film. So if you think the annoying, poorly played humans were the sole reason people went to see these films then you’re crazy…


That was 10 minutes...I would follow up with something else, but it would probably just get me in trouble.

a Transformers film doesn’t have to be Master Piece Theater, but humans acting like Sponge Bob while taking up most of the screen time isn’t fulfilling either. Which more and more people are agreeing to.

So no more Bay..REBOOT PLEASE!


What the hell would be the point of having a live action movie if the TFs are the whole movie? They might as well just make it animated. Oh wait. I do agree that the first movie was stupid on the basis that the Autobots showed up for like the last 40 minutes, and it had like 2 minutes of Decepticons before that; but ROTF and DOTM have the TFs in proabably over 80% of the scenes.



LOL I stopped taking your post serious after you ans. "Yes"

Next!
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302702)
Posted by GodMagnus on October 19th, 2011 @ 12:43pm CDT
I'm going to get blasted for this and I just want everyone to know that I am not challenging your love for Transformers. If you can take time out of your day to post comments for a toy franchise then you obviously have love for it. But, If you think that a Transformers movie can't work on Cybertron because the audience won't be able to relate to it since it's not Earth, then I think you have a lack of imagination... And that's what I was originally going to say 3 hours ago before I was draged off to a meeting.

The meeting had nothing to do with me so I had nothing but time to think. I think it's more like a lack of faith in the audience. It is the job of the writers, director and actors to suspend your belief for two hours and make you relate and put you in suspense. Other movies have done it and have done it very well. The audience is here now. Everyone pretty much knows what a Transformer is. So if they wanted, they can do a balls to the wall, sci-fi/fantasy action movie showing the civil war on Cybertron and even how it began. What it really boils down to is, does Hasbro really have the faith to do something that audacious? Or just stay with the status quo and bring in the money?
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302704)
Posted by Marcdachamp on October 19th, 2011 @ 12:48pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:You also seem to think that everyone who voices their opinion is really complaining from a self-entitlement complex. Its really not. Its just being a fan, and publically stating opinion. But since you guys gota take it so seriously to hopefully end with a sense of self-rightousness... I can't help that.


You literally said that the franchise belongs to you! If that isn't self-entitlement, I don't know what is! It doesn't belong to you. It belongs to Hasbro, end of story. It's like the Star Wars fans that want Star Wars taken away from George Lucas. If you don't like it, vote with your wallet. But don't assume that you speak for anyone other than yourself when you try labeling who is and isn't a "true fan." The fact is, I love every incarnation of the Transformers and I can probably recite every line from the '86 movie. And you know what? I love the Bay films.

YoungPrime wrote:@Marcdachamp, do you really believe that parents enjoyed taking their children to see dogs hump each other (repeatedly) or Devastators balls? How about the sector 7 guy Seymour in a thong, or two men in a bathroom stall? I guess during your race to deflate the opinions of other people you forgot about the effeminate Asian guy performing fellatio on a juice box straw in an elevator for no valid reason.

And as terrible as these humorless practices are you’re going to sit here with a straight face and tell people what they’re not willing to see when Transformers taking center stage with a few humans playing “supporting roles” is all most people wanted in the first place???

Do some researching before you try to deflate someones request. Those movies were horrible and the fact is most people tuned out the negative human aspects in order to enjoy the little bit a Transformer relevant parts in the movie that they could.

The first 3 minutes of DOTM was the best part with in the first hour of the film. So if you think the annoying, poorly played humans were the sole reason people went to see these films then you’re crazy…

If you like Bayformers that's fine, but don’t deflate a legitimate request or dismiss people as G1 Bay-haters as if there’s no valid reason for the criticism. Not calling out you personally but generally speaking, a Transformers film doesn’t have to be Master Piece Theater, but humans acting like Sponge Bob while taking up most of the screen time isn’t fulfilling either. Which more and more people are agreeing to.

So no more Bay..REBOOT PLEASE!


It's okay to have a dissenting opinion about the films. No one is saying otherwise. But as soon as Vegetacron starts calling fans of those movies a "retard" his arguement falls apart.

As far as what a parent wants their children to see, that's their call. But that level of humor has been in all 3 films, and, judging by the box office returns, that hasn't stopped anyone from taking anyone to see the next film in the series.

And for the last time, what I said was that a film with NO humans (which is what people on this board seem to want) would fail. Not a film with limited humans.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302708)
Posted by SlyTF1 on October 19th, 2011 @ 12:57pm CDT
YoungPrime wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
YoungPrime wrote:@Marcdachamp, do you really believe that parents enjoyed taking their children to see dogs hump each other (repeatedly) or Devastators balls? How about the sector 7 guy Seymour in a thong, or two men in a bathroom stall?


Yes.

I guess during your race to deflate the opinions of other people you forgot about the effeminate Asian guy performing fellatio on a juice box straw in an elevator for no valid reason.


I don't even know WTF that is, but my parents laughed, and I repeat it every time I drink something and they don't curse me out or beat me, so it must not be too bad.

And as terrible as these humorless practices are you’re going to sit here with a straight face and tell people what they’re not willing to see when Transformers taking center stage with a few humans playing “supporting roles” is all most people wanted in the first place???


Just skip to the damn parts with the giant robots fighting. That's what I do.

Do some researching before you try to deflate someones request. Those movies were horrible and the fact is most people tuned out the negative human aspects in order to enjoy the little bit a Transformer relevant parts in the movie that they could.


That's your opinion, and you're trying to make it seem as though it's a fact. just like most people do when they put these movies down.

The first 3 minutes of DOTM was the best part with in the first hour of the film. So if you think the annoying, poorly played humans were the sole reason people went to see these films then you’re crazy…


That was 10 minutes...I would follow up with something else, but it would probably just get me in trouble.

a Transformers film doesn’t have to be Master Piece Theater, but humans acting like Sponge Bob while taking up most of the screen time isn’t fulfilling either. Which more and more people are agreeing to.

So no more Bay..REBOOT PLEASE!


What the hell would be the point of having a live action movie if the TFs are the whole movie? They might as well just make it animated. Oh wait. I do agree that the first movie was stupid on the basis that the Autobots showed up for like the last 40 minutes, and it had like 2 minutes of Decepticons before that; but ROTF and DOTM have the TFs in proabably over 80% of the scenes.



LOL I stopped taking your post serious after you ans. "Yes"

Next!


That part wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Everything else, I'm dead serious about. Dead serious. :evil:
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302709)
Posted by GodMagnus on October 19th, 2011 @ 12:58pm CDT
Marcdachamp wrote:
As far as what a parent wants their children to see, that's their call. But that level of humor has been in all 3 films, and, judging by the box office returns, that hasn't stopped anyone from taking anyone to see the next film in the series.

And for the last time, what I said was that a film with NO humans (which is what people on this board seem to want) would fail. Not a film with limited humans.


I have to agree with you there. My mom would take me to go see Friday the 13th movies. That was her call. For a movie that is also product placement for a toy, it did have some suggestive themes in it, but that's up to parents if they want to take their kid to see it and I didn't see any walk out the theater.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302711)
Posted by Marcdachamp on October 19th, 2011 @ 1:13pm CDT
GodMagnus wrote:I have to agree with you there. My mom would take me to go see Friday the 13th movies. That was her call. For a movie that is also product placement for a toy, it did have some suggestive themes in it, but that's up to parents if they want to take their kid to see it and I didn't see any walk out the theater.


And if some lucky young Transformers fan' Mother took him to see the Friday the 13th remake from a few years ago, he would have seen Mikaela's boyfriend get brutally murdered. :P
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302721)
Posted by YoungPrime on October 19th, 2011 @ 1:55pm CDT
Marcdachamp wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:You also seem to think that everyone who voices their opinion is really complaining from a self-entitlement complex. Its really not. Its just being a fan, and publically stating opinion. But since you guys gota take it so seriously to hopefully end with a sense of self-rightousness... I can't help that.


You literally said that the franchise belongs to you! If that isn't self-entitlement, I don't know what is! It doesn't belong to you. It belongs to Hasbro, end of story. It's like the Star Wars fans that want Star Wars taken away from George Lucas. If you don't like it, vote with your wallet. But don't assume that you speak for anyone other than yourself when you try labeling who is and isn't a "true fan." The fact is, I love every incarnation of the Transformers and I can probably recite every line from the '86 movie. And you know what? I love the Bay films.

YoungPrime wrote:@Marcdachamp, do you really believe that parents enjoyed taking their children to see dogs hump each other (repeatedly) or Devastators balls? How about the sector 7 guy Seymour in a thong, or two men in a bathroom stall? I guess during your race to deflate the opinions of other people you forgot about the effeminate Asian guy performing fellatio on a juice box straw in an elevator for no valid reason.

And as terrible as these humorless practices are you’re going to sit here with a straight face and tell people what they’re not willing to see when Transformers taking center stage with a few humans playing “supporting roles” is all most people wanted in the first place???

Do some researching before you try to deflate someones request. Those movies were horrible and the fact is most people tuned out the negative human aspects in order to enjoy the little bit a Transformer relevant parts in the movie that they could.

The first 3 minutes of DOTM was the best part with in the first hour of the film. So if you think the annoying, poorly played humans were the sole reason people went to see these films then you’re crazy…

If you like Bayformers that's fine, but don’t deflate a legitimate request or dismiss people as G1 Bay-haters as if there’s no valid reason for the criticism. Not calling out you personally but generally speaking, a Transformers film doesn’t have to be Master Piece Theater, but humans acting like Sponge Bob while taking up most of the screen time isn’t fulfilling either. Which more and more people are agreeing to.

So no more Bay..REBOOT PLEASE!


It's okay to have a dissenting opinion about the films. No one is saying otherwise. But as soon as Vegetacron starts calling fans of those movies a "retard" his arguement falls apart.

As far as what a parent wants their children to see, that's their call. But that level of humor has been in all 3 films, and, judging by the box office returns, that hasn't stopped anyone from taking anyone to see the next film in the series.

And for the last time, what I said was that a film with NO humans (which is what people on this board seem to want) would fail. Not a film with limited humans.


Either you’re missing the point or using all of your effort to ignore it in order to save face from the truth. We all know what to expect in a rated R slasher Film. But the bad toilet humor and antics used by the human characters and bots in Bayformers is in no ways necessary for cheap laughs that fall short more than not. And although most parents won’t storm out the theatre due to these displays, most people in general would agree that they could live without them.

Hell, the whole sales pitch of DOTM revolved around Bay and Co. venting on how disappointed they were with ROTF, only to do most the same things in the sequel.

So spare me of all the excuses. The fact that people still came to view the films only proves that they love the Transformers name in spite of Bays flaws. And I have no doubt in my mind that people wouldn't turn theirs noses up at a reboot from a director with at least an ounce of respect for the Transformer lore. So if you’re even half the Transformers fan you claim to be why would you deny idea of a reboot?

Many of the major Cons and bots were poorly used and killed off by Bay anyway…
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302722)
Posted by GodMagnus on October 19th, 2011 @ 1:55pm CDT
And Bay isn't coming back. At least not anytime soon. If Hasbro wants to get a 4th moving on the ground running, they will have to do it without Bay. And no, I don't think money will bring him back.

Say what you want about Michael Bay, the man loves film and I get the impression from reading the various things he has said, that he wants to spread his wings and do more than just action movies. He has his own production company so he doesn't need the money from a Transformers job. He can take the time he wants, like James Cameron did, to improve his craft, and I think that's exactly what he's going to do.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302727)
Posted by Marcdachamp on October 19th, 2011 @ 2:20pm CDT
YoungPrime wrote:Either you’re missing the point or using all of your effort to ignore it in order to save face from the truth. We all know what to expect in a rated R slasher Film. But the bad toilet humor and antics used by the human characters and bots in Bayformers is in no ways necessary for cheap laughs that fall short more than not. And although most parents won’t storm out the theatre due to these displays, most people in general would agree that they could live without them.

Hell, the whole sales pitch of DOTM revolved around Bay and Co. venting on how disappointed they were with ROTF, only to do most the same things in the sequel.

So spare me of all the excuses. The fact that people still came to view the films only proves that they love the Transformers name in spite of Bays flaws. And I have no doubt in my mind that people wouldn't turn theirs noses up at a reboot from a director with at least an ounce of respect for the Transformer lore. So if you’re even half the Transformers fan you claim to be why would you deny idea of a reboot?

Many of the major Cons and bots were poorly used and killed off by Bay anyway…


First off, I don't want a reboot because I liked the films. What bothers me is that the people who are so opposed to the movies act like the things that bothered them or irritated them must be universal truths for everyone. There's no attempt at "saving face," on my part. I don't care. These things bothered you. Hey, that's fine, I understand. But don't start assuming that everyone else must share this same opinion.

Yes, there's toilet humor. Could I live without it? Of course. But you know what? I enjoyed the movies anyway.

And I obviously know that no one went and saw the movies for the "Spongebob" humans, but you're ignoring the fact that having this grounded on Earth or partly on Earth with humans gives casual movie-goers a frame of reference. What would be the point of making a big budget "Last Stand of the Wreckers" type movie? You might as well make it an animated feature if you're going to do that.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302742)
Posted by GodMagnus on October 19th, 2011 @ 3:01pm CDT
Marcdachamp wrote:
YoungPrime wrote:Either you’re missing the point or using all of your effort to ignore it in order to save face from the truth. We all know what to expect in a rated R slasher Film. But the bad toilet humor and antics used by the human characters and bots in Bayformers is in no ways necessary for cheap laughs that fall short more than not. And although most parents won’t storm out the theatre due to these displays, most people in general would agree that they could live without them.

Hell, the whole sales pitch of DOTM revolved around Bay and Co. venting on how disappointed they were with ROTF, only to do most the same things in the sequel.

So spare me of all the excuses. The fact that people still came to view the films only proves that they love the Transformers name in spite of Bays flaws. And I have no doubt in my mind that people wouldn't turn theirs noses up at a reboot from a director with at least an ounce of respect for the Transformer lore. So if you’re even half the Transformers fan you claim to be why would you deny idea of a reboot?

Many of the major Cons and bots were poorly used and killed off by Bay anyway…


First off, I don't want a reboot because I liked the films. What bothers me is that the people who are so opposed to the movies act like the things that bothered them or irritated them must be universal truths for everyone. There's no attempt at "saving face," on my part. I don't care. These things bothered you. Hey, that's fine, I understand. But don't start assuming that everyone else must share this same opinion.

Yes, there's toilet humor. Could I live without it? Of course. But you know what? I enjoyed the movies anyway.

And I obviously know that no one went and saw the movies for the "Spongebob" humans, but you're ignoring the fact that having this grounded on Earth or partly on Earth with humans gives casual movie-goers a frame of reference. What would be the point of making a big budget "Last Stand of the Wreckers" type movie? You might as well make it an animated feature if you're going to do that.


Well the movies are pretty much animated to begin with. Avatar was mostly animated. The fans who want a movie with just Transformers want the opening of DOTM but for a full movie.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302744)
Posted by Dre Merc on October 19th, 2011 @ 3:03pm CDT
LadyBug wrote:
Dre Merc wrote:As far as a movie set on Cybertron.. wow some people really think that would work? Lifeless dark grey shifting steel structures as backgrounds, and grey protoform robots that won't "disguise?" Shhyeah.. that would work.


If Tron: Legacy can create a world in CGI; I'm sure that they will have no problem with making Cybertron. And I think it would be awesome if we get a prequel that is based on Cybertron, but I think that we won't get to see it in a live action is because they are doing all of this Cybertron based stuff with the Prime universe + War for Cybertron/Exodus/Exiles continuities.


It's been mentioned that CGI worlds can and have been done several times. Yeah, but they look nice. Cybertron is a farcry from the visually pleasing worlds of Tron, Avatar, Star Wars. Making CGI visuals isn't the issue I brought up, it was the look of Cybertron. The movies have shown them, and while it's kinda cool for a few seconds or minutes it won't work for a theatrical 2 hour movie (more than that since it would be 4 and 5 back to back). Bayverse Cybertron is dark, gritty, torn, and full of shifting steel structures. The same can be said of the protoform robots which from what we've seen would be hard to tell apart. It's likely to be mostly fans that would put up with that. And another issue besides the visuals being too dark, cold, gritty, and probably confusing, is language. We're to assume all cybertronian speech is cybertronian, but the audience hears it in english.

Hmm a sequel in CT would be: Somehow the Autobots get a hold of some other tech that lets them go back to what's left of CT to reclaim it while rebooting vector sigma so it can regenerate its other half (with the help of Jason Statham in a space suit.. lol). Would they keep their Earthly disguises or go back to protoform, or somewhere in between? Sounds kinda badass I guess, but as I said it just strikes as fan service that would likely try to take itself serious. I actually wouldn't mind seeing that.. but I have no faith it would work as a mega blockbuster theatrical movie.

Sorry, if I veered off topic, but.. atleast I threw Jason in there. #-o
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302752)
Posted by Burn on October 19th, 2011 @ 3:17pm CDT
KNOCK IT OFF!

Page 5, I asked our new member to take his discussion about the pros and cons of the movies to the many other threads dedicated to talking about the movies.

And each and every one of you have subsequently ignored it. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of movie news threads getting derailed into discussions about whether the movies were good or bad and the whys and why nots.

Come on guys, how many times are some of you going to go over this? Do some of you sit there waiting for a piece of movie news to pop up so you can leap in and have your say AGAIN?

Statham's given a not-quite-no and Bay's said he's too busy to talk to Paramount.

That's where things stand, discuss that. Spare the rest of us your movie loving/hating rants, there's a plethora of other threads for that. Leave this one be for once please?
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302753)
Posted by Marcdachamp on October 19th, 2011 @ 3:23pm CDT
Sorry, Burn. I didn't catch your post back there. I'll retract myself from the discussion in this thread. To quote Optimus: "My bad."
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302754)
Posted by YoungPrime on October 19th, 2011 @ 3:24pm CDT
Marcdachamp wrote:
YoungPrime wrote:Either you’re missing the point or using all of your effort to ignore it in order to save face from the truth. We all know what to expect in a rated R slasher Film. But the bad toilet humor and antics used by the human characters and bots in Bayformers is in no ways necessary for cheap laughs that fall short more than not. And although most parents won’t storm out the theatre due to these displays, most people in general would agree that they could live without them.

Hell, the whole sales pitch of DOTM revolved around Bay and Co. venting on how disappointed they were with ROTF, only to do most the same things in the sequel.

So spare me of all the excuses. The fact that people still came to view the films only proves that they love the Transformers name in spite of Bays flaws. And I have no doubt in my mind that people wouldn't turn theirs noses up at a reboot from a director with at least an ounce of respect for the Transformer lore. So if you’re even half the Transformers fan you claim to be why would you deny idea of a reboot?

Many of the major Cons and bots were poorly used and killed off by Bay anyway…


First off, I don't want a reboot because I liked the films. What bothers me is that the people who are so opposed to the movies act like the things that bothered them or irritated them must be universal truths for everyone. There's no attempt at "saving face," on my part. I don't care. These things bothered you. Hey, that's fine, I understand. But don't start assuming that everyone else must share this same opinion.

Yes, there's toilet humor. Could I live without it? Of course. But you know what? I enjoyed the movies anyway.

And I obviously know that no one went and saw the movies for the "Spongebob" humans, but you're ignoring the fact that having this grounded on Earth or partly on Earth with humans gives casual movie-goers a frame of reference. What would be the point of making a big budget "Last Stand of the Wreckers" type movie? You might as well make it an animated feature if you're going to do that.


Well friend, my criticisms with Bayformers may not be universal. But when the actual director and cast admit to it. It tends to speak volumes…LOL!

But I digress, we’ve gone full circle now so allow me to ask you again who are you to assume what everyone else would or wouldn’t watch? Your point is becoming more and more contradictory and your frustration isn’t helping your cause. Mind you that you’re the only one who's downing the idea of a “Last stand of the Wreckers” type of film. Yet Avatar did like 2.75 billion in the box office without one visit to earth in its 3hrs span.

So that "frame of reference" comment is moot. This isn’t a romance comedy, it’s about alien robots who don’t need a lot of human involvement ”IF IT'S DONE RIGHT”

LOL I know outerspace sounds scary young friend, but have faith in compatent writers, director, characters etc. Bay isn't the only ticket in town.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302796)
Posted by vegetacron on October 19th, 2011 @ 4:45pm CDT
Burn wrote:KNOCK IT OFF!

Page 5, I asked our new member to take his discussion about the pros and cons of the movies to the many other threads dedicated to talking about the movies.

And each and every one of you have subsequently ignored it. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of movie news threads getting derailed into discussions about whether the movies were good or bad and the whys and why nots.

Come on guys, how many times are some of you going to go over this? Do some of you sit there waiting for a piece of movie news to pop up so you can leap in and have your say AGAIN?

Statham's given a not-quite-no and Bay's said he's too busy to talk to Paramount.

That's where things stand, discuss that. Spare the rest of us your movie loving/hating rants, there's a plethora of other threads for that. Leave this one be for once please?


Sorry mang, but whenever a bayformer fan says the G1 movie sucks i just want to manically smash kittens all over the place. Its like little red explosions of nerdrage anger just goes off in my head and i just want to reach thru the internets and strangle them. Is ok tho, im goin back to not reading the forums again.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302820)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 19th, 2011 @ 5:44pm CDT
Hehe, you guys are funny. so much selective attention, so little time. Statham is pretty dope. If they rebooted the movies with a completely different direction and had him in it, I'm sure it'll be sweet.
Think DeathRace but with Statham actually kicking ass instead or running like a ****** *coughshiacough*

For the record, Humans being excluded from a TF movie would be somthing I'd love to see. Just imagine watching "The War Within" in amazing CG and insane lighting... then add all the sick robot sounds everywhere, add a techno/dnb soundtrack...
I'm sure there will be an insane amount of fans who will dig it, it'll just be more nerds and sci fi people than your average joe. Maybe it won't do as well, but being an entirely CG movie, it'd probably cost less since they won't need so many destructible props and actors to pay.
For example. The animatrix Ep. 1 on the dvd. All CG, better than all the matrix movies combined. (too bad it was so short though.)

Oh and just to again clarify. You can feel like somthing belongs to you (and you belong to it), without having to say it owes you for it. Stop reading things the way you want it to sound and atleast try and make an effort to understand others POVs. Otherwise, don't bother replying.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302876)
Posted by dinogeist on October 19th, 2011 @ 9:37pm CDT
I'm kinda sad that this seems to be fan WISHING rumor & not official rumors regarding the TF4 & TF5 movies.

Personally that guy Jason Statham seems like a WORSE CHOICE THAN SHIA.
Because Jason Statham reminds me of the 1 Dimensional action actors from the 1980 thru 1990's like arnold swartzenager,sylvester stallone,juan claude van duam.

PLEASE,If were gonna replace shia le barf as the main lead star in TF 4 & TF5. then lets at the very least get someone with acting skills & has 3 dimensional acting skills. lets not go from worse to worser.

Examples of decent actors who might be too old but non-the-less their still great actors are as follows: Samuel jackson,freddie prince Jr, harrison ford.

Personally Jason Stahom is too boring,stale & has a foreign accent. he reminds me of christan bale or juan claude van duam.

If Jasan statham is the best they can do for TF4 & TF5 then please close up shop ASAP.

this scenario of going from worse (shia le barf) to worser (jason stahom) reminds me of the 3 & half men TV show. when they got rid of worse (charlie sheen) & replaced him with worser ( ashton kutcher)
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302880)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 19th, 2011 @ 9:43pm CDT
deathy wrote:
Personally that guy Jason Statham seems like a WORSE CHOICE THAN SHIA.
Because Jason Statham reminds me of the 1 Dimensional action actors from the 1980 thru 1990's like arnold swartzenager,sylvester stallone,juan claude van duam.


I agree Jason Statham isn't the most interesting actor, just good for action and whatever. But this is why I think he would be perfect, since he would pretty much occupy the background, and leave the TFs in the foreground.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302898)
Posted by Rated X on October 19th, 2011 @ 10:58pm CDT
I would like to see more TF movies. Plus a reality show showing the making of the TF series. I want to see more Michael Bay vs. Megan Fox arguements !!! I want to see Shia Labeouf get beat up in more drunken barfights !!! Bring it on !!! One more film !!!

But on topic, I think all rumors on these forums should be supported by either video, audio, or photo evidence. I dont think he said, she said rumor stories are news worthy. If the money is right for another TF movie, then trust me it will happen. But we dont want the franchise to to become a joke like Starship Troopers, Leprechaun, Fast & Furious and other movies with a bunch of crappy sequels.
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302935)
Posted by Kilodom on October 20th, 2011 @ 1:51am CDT
I'm honestly indifferent about whether or not the movies continue. Really, I think it's inevitable that Hasbro will make more one way or another; there's simply too much money coming in for them not to. I'd love to see a new director that could take the movies in a more intelligent direction, but I'm more than aware that the general audience probably wouldn't appreciate the politics and such behind the two factions as much as I do. I'd give them my wallet ten times over just for a philosophical debate between Megatronus and Orion Pax, but c'est la vie. I'm enjoying IDW and Prime, so I'll take what I can get.

I do want to comment on this whole debate over whether or not a Cybertron-based movie would work, though. I'm probably not as brushed up on the Bayformers continuity as most of you seem to be, but I've always been under the assumption that Cybertron was so drab and lifeless because of the war and the destruction it brought. If we're talking about doing a prequel, pre-war, pre-destruction movie, then why couldn't Cybertron potentially be just as beautiful as, say, the Grid? On one hand, the Autobots are pretty brilliantly colored (whether via Earth influence or not, just the fact that they picked or stuck with those colors signifies some sort of inclination); so you could argue that, during peaceful times, so was Cybertron. On the other hand, it could be completely monotone steel, but even so, I think the use of appropriate lighting could more than solve this problem. It's always struck me that Cybertron would be full of neon lights and such (think the Grid), plus, as someone who spent an entire art class with a monochromatic focus, you'd be surprised what you can do with different variations of grey.

In regards to relating to the robots in the absence of humans, isn't one of the main reasons we, as Transformers fans, have always related to the robots because of the humanistic characteristics they posses? Their stories are already inherently human (and thus relateable) simply because they were written by us humans. We've all been effected by war one way or another, so the similarities between our cultures and theirs are there. My problem with Bayformers from the get-go has been simply that their designs are so alien. Which makes complete sense if you're trying to portray realistic aliens with virtually no relation to us, but not when you're trying to make an audience feel for them. I know a large part of Bumblebee's role was based in facial expressions and such, and look how well he was received by the general audiences. So theoretically, if you added more humanistic gestures and facial expressions and such to the rest of the robots that say, 'look at me, this is what I'm feeling, you've probably felt this too', I don't see why the general audiences couldn't relate. Honestly, I think the Decepticons are more or less beyond help in this respect, so a reboot with less segregated designs between the 'bots and 'cons would probably be the best solution for them. But I think if you design them appropriately and write them correctly as individuals, they are 100% as relate-able as any human character; we're pretty much all proof of that.

Short of that, you could always stick in a ship full of humans if you absolutely need real people to ground yourself for whatever reason....
Re: Jason Statham and Michael Bay Address Future Transformers Movie Rumors (1302975)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on October 20th, 2011 @ 7:41am CDT
vegetacron wrote:
Burn wrote:KNOCK IT OFF!

Page 5, I asked our new member to take his discussion about the pros and cons of the movies to the many other threads dedicated to talking about the movies.

And each and every one of you have subsequently ignored it. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of movie news threads getting derailed into discussions about whether the movies were good or bad and the whys and why nots.

Come on guys, how many times are some of you going to go over this? Do some of you sit there waiting for a piece of movie news to pop up so you can leap in and have your say AGAIN?

Statham's given a not-quite-no and Bay's said he's too busy to talk to Paramount.

That's where things stand, discuss that. Spare the rest of us your movie loving/hating rants, there's a plethora of other threads for that. Leave this one be for once please?


Sorry mang, but whenever a bayformer fan says the G1 movie sucks i just want to manically smash kittens all over the place. Its like little red explosions of nerdrage anger just goes off in my head and i just want to reach thru the internets and strangle them. Is ok tho, im goin back to not reading the forums again.


And sorry vegetacron but your point of your feelings and how you feel you need to react is invalid, a mod ASKED everyone here to stop, your reason does not matter because you and everyone else were asked to stop..

As per the rules..

general-rules-for-seibertron-com-s-forums-t14626.php

11. Mod's the Word
If a moderator/administrator has to step in and hand out warnings/bans or other disciplines adhere to their wishes. Do not treat the warning as grounds for a personal vendetta. Warnings are carefully thought out, and flaming, bating or harassing a staff member because of it will only lead to a harsher reprimand.


Stop it NOW...
Thank you.

Click here to view an additional 10 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014