Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Kabaya Candy Toys Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team

Transformers News: Kabaya Candy Toys Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team

Thursday, August 21st, 2014 12:10AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 30,549

Looks like Kabaya is stepping in the Transformers Go! ring with their candy toy version of the Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai team. This magazine image came courtesy of Planet Iacon showing the little buildable versions of Kenzan, Jinbu and Ganoh. The image also shows the 3 combined forms of GoKenzan, GoJinbu and GoGanoh. Could the Swordbot Shinobi team be far behind?

Transformers News: Kabaya Candy Toys Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team
Credit(s): Planet Iacon
Re: Kabaya Candy Toys Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team (1600880)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on August 21st, 2014 @ 5:56am CDT
if they could put a little more effort, we could have decent legends class out of those kabaya toys
Re: Kabaya Candy Toys Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team (1600912)
Posted by RAcast on August 21st, 2014 @ 9:51am CDT
I'll look forward to reviews and better pictures, but there's a good chance I'll pick one team or the other up. I skipped on the originals for being entirely too expensive (for my budget) for something so...messy. xD I mean, they look super fun, but I'm not digging them for the price.
Re: Kabaya Candy Toys Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team (1600946)
Posted by ScottyP on August 21st, 2014 @ 11:16am CDT
First Kabaya kits in awhile I don't have any interest in. Was enjoying the run of late G1 guys!
Re: Kabaya Candy Toys Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team (1600965)
Posted by triKlops on August 21st, 2014 @ 11:31am CDT
Interesting that these are coming out quite a bit after Go! has ended.
For the right price I might grab them, as the combined form does intrigue me.
Re: Kabaya Candy Toys Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team (1601000)
Posted by Flashwave on August 21st, 2014 @ 1:34pm CDT
Kabaya Sharktcons?
Re: Kabaya Candy Toys Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team (1601004)
Posted by Dead Metal on August 21st, 2014 @ 1:45pm CDT
It's kinda sad, but so far these kinda look better than the originals.
Re: Kabaya Candy Toys Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team (1601056)
Posted by Emerje on August 21st, 2014 @ 4:56pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:It's kinda sad, but so far these kinda look better than the originals.

They do look better, but keep in mind that most Kabaya figures are partsformers so they have to cheat to get those results.

I'll probably buy a case, hopefully they come in an even six to display three singles and one combined.

BTW, is this the first time we've seen Jetfire's weapons combined like that?

Emerje
Re: Kabaya Candy Toys Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team (1601079)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on August 21st, 2014 @ 6:17pm CDT
I always buy these cases but man I'm concerned about the combined forms. I think they'll be very fragile, not that the kits would break, just the combined bots won't hold together well.
Re: Kabaya Candy Toys Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team (1610604)
Posted by Va'al on October 3rd, 2014 @ 7:50am CDT
Courtesy of the Autobase Aichi Facebook page, we get a look at some more images of the Kabaya version of the Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai team. The original sized figures were equally reviled and adored, what do you make of the shrunken sized versions? Check them out mirrored below!

Re: Kabaya Candy Toys Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team (1610605)
Posted by RhA on October 3rd, 2014 @ 8:01am CDT
The word 'gnarly' comes to mind for whatever reason.
Re: Kabaya Candy Toys Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team (1610647)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on October 3rd, 2014 @ 10:55am CDT
RhA wrote:The word 'gnarly' comes to mind for whatever reason.

That's weird, because I was thinking of the word snort.
<snort>
Re: Kabaya Candy Toys Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team (1610650)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 3rd, 2014 @ 11:00am CDT
Not too bad looking actually. I wonder how the Shinobi Team and Optimus Exprime will turn out. :-?
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip