Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers Prime Ironhide Concept Art

Transformers News: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers Prime Ironhide Concept Art

Friday, May 11th, 2012 2:20PM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, People News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 53,052

Artist Ken Christiansen has updated his Bad Flip Productions Blog with his Transformers Prime Ironhide concept art. Click here to visit his blog and read his thoughts on the character design that has already yielded a Cyberverse Commander Class figure.

Because I wanted a toy of him. And really, that's a pretty significant motivating factor for me. And I'm so happy that the strength of the design was well thought of enough to actually create a product from it! I had seen the box art, and noticed that the artwork was very familiar, and on closer inspection, looked like cleaned up overlay versions of the concept art I had done.

Credit(s): Ken Christiansen

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers Prime Ironhide Concept Art (1378922)
Posted by MarkNL on May 11th, 2012 @ 2:30pm CDT
Nice combo of Movieverse and G1 Ironhide. Only a bit bulky, but ya, Ironhide's thick-skinned and well-armoured, lol.
Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers Prime Ironhide Concept Art (1378923)
Posted by BeastProwl on May 11th, 2012 @ 2:32pm CDT
WOW!
Ok, he can be a wrecker with Hotshot and Wheeljack, let the wheels roll!
Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers Prime Ironhide Concept Art (1378927)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 11th, 2012 @ 2:37pm CDT
A word of note, despite this artwork existing, it still isn't a confirmation of Ironhide appearing in Prime (but it does better help his chances).

BeastProwl wrote:WOW!
Ok, he can be a wrecker with Hotshot and Wheeljack, let the wheels roll!
Ironhide is not a Wrecker. He was part of Optimus inner circle of Autobots, while the Wreckers acted as an independent unit.

Though, when was Hot Shot confirmed as a Wrecker? :???:
Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers Prime Ironhide Concept Art (1378929)
Posted by BeastProwl on May 11th, 2012 @ 2:43pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Though, when was Hot Shot confirmed as a Wrecker? :???:

My imagination of a group of "New Wreckers"
your just taking the fun out of it :-x I kidd I kidd :P
The team consists of Hotshot, Wheeljack, Bulkhead, Ironhide and Bumblebee. They would, at least in my mind's eye, make a good team. I need a few figures in that lineup though. I hope deluxe ironhide becomes a reality.
Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers Prime Ironhide Concept Art (1378931)
Posted by Hypershock on May 11th, 2012 @ 2:45pm CDT
ok, this? this looks flippin amazing =P~ :-B

its from 2009 though, so i dont know whether he will actually appear on the show or not. But he better.............
Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers Prime Ironhide Concept Art (1378935)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 11th, 2012 @ 3:04pm CDT
BeastProwl wrote:I hope deluxe ironhide becomes a reality.
Don't worry, it will. In Japan, at least (AM-20 Ironhide). ;)
Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers Prime Ironhide Concept Art (1378936)
Posted by Mkall on May 11th, 2012 @ 3:04pm CDT
Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers Prime Ironhide Concept Art (1378941)
Posted by BeastProwl on May 11th, 2012 @ 3:36pm CDT
Mkall wrote:2009? Wow. I didn't realise that work for TF: Prime had started that early. Interesting.

Well look at cannonforce ironhide.
MIND=BLOWN!!!
Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers Prime Ironhide Concept Art (1378942)
Posted by Sodan-1 on May 11th, 2012 @ 3:40pm CDT
I love that design. Makes me think that's what Ironhide looked like when he was young and buff before he got all flabby and old.
Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers Prime Ironhide Concept Art (1378944)
Posted by Xephon0930 on May 11th, 2012 @ 3:54pm CDT
Now that's an Ironhide I'd love to see in the future episodes of Prime.
Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers Prime Ironhide Concept Art (1378945)
Posted by Requiem Prime on May 11th, 2012 @ 3:56pm CDT
Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers Prime Ironhide Concept Art (1378948)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on May 11th, 2012 @ 4:07pm CDT
That explained why Prime Ironhide's alt mode look similar to DOTM Cannon Force Ironhide.
Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers Prime Ironhide Concept Art (1378952)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on May 11th, 2012 @ 4:31pm CDT
damn, that is awesome! :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: Save for the fact he has G1 beachcomber staring out of his chest :P

I can't help it....MOAR! I want to see Rumble, Ultra Magnus, and Flamewar!!! =P~
Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers Prime Ironhide Concept Art (1378953)
Posted by Hypershock on May 11th, 2012 @ 4:32pm CDT
Requiem Prime wrote:Very nice. I hope they bring him into the show. And PLEASE let Peter Cullen voice him. His brand of ornery is still my favorite.

I dunno, i think Keith Szarabajka did a nice job in War for cybertron
Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers Prime Ironhide Concept Art (1378957)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on May 11th, 2012 @ 4:44pm CDT
Okay,now he HAS to show up on the show. This is just too cool.
Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers Prime Ironhide Concept Art (1378978)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on May 11th, 2012 @ 6:43pm CDT
Damn, thats pretty freaking awesome. Real work of art. I'm actually loving the mix of black and red.
Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers Prime Ironhide Concept Art (1378983)
Posted by Hotrodimust on May 11th, 2012 @ 6:54pm CDT
Absolutely love this look I have the Takara release pre ordered just I case hasbro shits on us by not releasing him or putting one figure in a case and making him near impossible to find. And he does look like he would make a good wrecker for the prime series because bulkhead was never a wrecker and he's now one so why can ironhide be one now. Actually bulkhead started out in animated and in Japan bulkhead is iron hide so since bulkhead is one now you can kinda say so is iron hide lol
Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers Prime Ironhide Concept Art (1378992)
Posted by Heavy B on May 11th, 2012 @ 7:23pm CDT
PUT...HIM...IN...THE...SHOW......NOW!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers Prime Ironhide Concept Art (1378994)
Posted by Mechastrike on May 11th, 2012 @ 7:28pm CDT
did a toy come out from this? i mean that wave 4 was Kup so did Ironhide come out in wave 3 or something? i kinda forgot. :???:
Re: Ken Christiansen Reveals Transformers Prime Ironhide Concept Art (1378996)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 11th, 2012 @ 7:29pm CDT
Hotrodimust wrote:And he does look like he would make a good wrecker for the prime series because bulkhead was never a wrecker and he's now one so why can ironhide be one now.
Because, like I said, Ironhide served directly under Otpimus during the war, while the Wreckers were a subgroup of Autobots under Ultra Magnus' command. Bulkhead, however, was indeed a Wrecker, but then transferred to serve directly under Optimus later on in the war, joining him as a crew member of the Ark.

Hotrodimust wrote:Actually bulkhead started out in animated and in Japan bulkhead is iron hide so since bulkhead is one now you can kinda say so is iron hide lol
Except that Prime Bulkhead is still called "Bulkhead" in the Japanese version. The only reason Animated bulkhead was called "Ironhide" in the Japanese version of animated was due to their initial plans of making the Japanese dub of Animated to be a prequel to the Japanese dub of the movies, but this never came about, so he got stuck the new name (and Animated Ironhide became "Armorhide") with little good reason.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers G1 1984 SIDESWIPE figure hasbro takara - Time Remaining: 5 days 21 hours 1 minute 36 seconds
Transformers G1 1984 RED ALERT figure hasbro takara - Time Remaining: 12 days 22 hours 4 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers Botcon 2014 Flamewar mint in sealed package! Prime, Generations - Time Remaining: 5 days 7 hours 19 minutes 24 seconds
*NEW* Transformers Construct Bots Optimus Prime & Megatron HTF Great Gift! - Time Remaining: 7 days 3 hours 50 minutes 40 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GRIMLOCK MASTERPIECE MP-03 HASBRO ACTION FIGURE SA AQ5194 - Time Remaining: 5 days 11 hours 36 minutes 19 seconds
Transformers G2 Parts 1993 CALCAR weapon EUROPEAN Trakkon - Time Remaining: 6 days 13 hours 40 minutes 2 seconds
TRANSFORMERS SKYWARP & THUNDERCLACKER TAKARA TOMY ENCORE 11 FIGURE SA AQ1957 - Time Remaining: 5 days 15 hours 40 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers G1 1984 IRONHIDE figure hasbro takara - Time Remaining: 5 days 21 hours 26 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016