Kevin Manthei to Co-Score Transformers: Robots In Disguise

Transformers News: Kevin Manthei to Co-Score Transformers: Robots In Disguise

Monday, August 4th, 2014 8:33AM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, People News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 45,905

On his personal Tumblr, composer Kevin Manthei, known for his work on a number of animated shows such as Nickelodeon's Invader Zim, Justice League: The New Frontier, Batman: Gotham Knight and Ultimate Spider-Man, has revealed that he will be co-scoring, with Kevin Kiner, the upcoming Transformers: Robots in Disguise series! Check out the info below, and head here for the source.

Transformers News: Kevin Manthei to Co-Score Transformers: Robots In Disguise

The secret project I announced earlier can be shared. I am co-scoring the upcoming animated series Transformers: Robots in Disguise. I am excited to be co- scoring the show with renown composer Kevin Kiner (CSI Miami, Hell on Wheels, Clone Wars)

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/hasbro- ... 201219103/
Credit(s): Kevin Manthei

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Kevin Manthei to Co-Score Transformers: Robots In Disguise (1596392)
Posted by mblase75 on August 4th, 2014 @ 8:45am CDT
What the heck is that "Segway-bot" doing there?
Re: Kevin Manthei to Co-Score Transformers: Robots In Disguise (1596396)
Posted by Apollo-XL5 on August 4th, 2014 @ 8:49am CDT
Sounds like I am going to miss Brian Tyler's music style already. :(
Re: Kevin Manthei to Co-Score Transformers: Robots In Disguise (1596397)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 4th, 2014 @ 8:50am CDT
mblase75 wrote:What the heck is that "Segway-bot" doing there?
Fulfilling his role as the Autobot Fixit, that's what.
Re: Kevin Manthei to Co-Score Transformers: Robots In Disguise (1596403)
Posted by YRQRM0 on August 4th, 2014 @ 9:05am CDT
Bleh, I really feel like I'm not gonna like this show. Hope I'm wrong.
Re: Kevin Manthei to Co-Score Transformers: Robots In Disguise (1596468)
Posted by Peridot on August 4th, 2014 @ 12:07pm CDT
Re: Kevin Manthei to Co-Score Transformers: Robots In Disguise (1596476)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 4th, 2014 @ 12:19pm CDT
Metro Prime wrote:It's funny how people on both Seibertron and TFW2005 keep calling Strongarm (who's basically a larger version of TF:Prime Arcee) a bodybuilder and comparing her to Strika (who barely looks humanoid, let alone feminine) simply because she isn't another generic super-thin fembot.
Pfft, "bodybuilder". :roll:

Beast Machines Optimus Primal looked like a bodybuilder. Strongarm's just got a standard non-supermodel body.

(btw, this post is in agreement with yours, rather than against it)
Re: Kevin Manthei to Co-Score Transformers: Robots In Disguise (1596524)
Posted by TulioDude on August 4th, 2014 @ 3:16pm CDT
I think we're in for something sonorously cool.
Re: Kevin Manthei to Co-Score Transformers: Robots In Disguise (1596576)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 4th, 2014 @ 5:59pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Pfft, "bodybuilder". :roll:

(btw, this post is in agreement with yours, rather than against it)

I was under the assumption that the description was given in press releases :???:

If not though I can sorta see the logical hoops people would have jumped through. We have a fem bot who doesn't look at all like fem bots the fandom are used to. The question becomes why is she different then other fembots? Sooner or later one person will suggest something along the lines of "gee, maybe she's a bodybuilder, that's why she's so beefed up!". People will like it because it's actually something they could see happening.

Of course if it was an offical source then I just wasted my time typing that :lol:
Re: Kevin Manthei to Co-Score Transformers: Robots In Disguise (1596689)
Posted by Mechastrike on August 5th, 2014 @ 7:20am CDT
oh look! it Scooter from GoBots.
Re: Kevin Manthei to Co-Score Transformers: Robots In Disguise (1597346)
Posted by JetOptimus23 on August 7th, 2014 @ 11:56am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Pfft, "bodybuilder". :roll:

(btw, this post is in agreement with yours, rather than against it)

"HOW FEMBOT NOT THIN AND CURVED?! I AM SCARED AND CONFUSED!! GOTTA COMPLAIN"

I am super into that new design though, that's one of the new designs I'm really falling for. I'm really looking forward to that character in particular, and the more that I look at it the more I'm into the art style. Hopefully the writing will be Prime or Animated level too, and I'll be set.
Re: Kevin Manthei to Co-Score Transformers: Robots In Disguise (1597368)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 7th, 2014 @ 1:04pm CDT
Well the show is being aimed at a younger audience then prime was but that doesn't mean it won't be well written ;)
Re: Kevin Manthei to Co-Score Transformers: Robots In Disguise (1597406)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 7th, 2014 @ 3:15pm CDT
And it's the same people who made Prime and Rescue Bots.
Re: Kevin Manthei to Co-Score Transformers: Robots In Disguise (1598367)
Posted by dalekslayer96 on August 11th, 2014 @ 7:54am CDT
Re: Kevin Manthei to Co-Score Transformers: Robots In Disguise (1598372)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 11th, 2014 @ 8:09am CDT
dalekslayer96 wrote:Wait. This stuff is gonna be in the Aligned Continuity? Well shit. There goes my second-favourite continuity. Why did Hasbro have to shit all over a decent continuity?
What are you talking about?
Re: Kevin Manthei to Co-Score Transformers: Robots In Disguise (1598376)
Posted by dalekslayer96 on August 11th, 2014 @ 8:18am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
What are you talking about?

I'm talking about Hasbro's fetish for Bumblebee overpowering their common sense.
Re: Kevin Manthei to Co-Score Transformers: Robots In Disguise (1598384)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 11th, 2014 @ 8:35am CDT
dalekslayer96 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
What are you talking about?

You're still not making yourself clear. What exactly is wrong with this show that you, me, and no one else has even seen yet?
Re: Kevin Manthei to Co-Score Transformers: Robots In Disguise (1598457)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 11th, 2014 @ 11:53am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
dalekslayer96 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
What are you talking about?

I think, expressed in a bad way, he doesn't like the idea of bee in a leadership position (despite the situation being set up in Predacons Rising). Don't see what wrong with it myself, I'm willing to give anything a chance.
Re: Kevin Manthei to Co-Score Transformers: Robots In Disguise (1598586)
Posted by dalekslayer96 on August 11th, 2014 @ 8:13pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
dalekslayer96 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
What are you talking about?

Re: Kevin Manthei to Co-Score Transformers: Robots In Disguise (1598611)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 11th, 2014 @ 10:56pm CDT
dalekslayer96 wrote:Well, thanks for understanding what I meant. My point is that how is it logical that we have Bumblebee as a scout for at least a thousand years (WFC/FOC/TFP), then we have him become a leader within what, 3 years? Does that make ANY sense to anyone here?
And yet, Optimus was a data clerk for most of his uncountable years of of pre-war existence, and then became Prime after just one meeting with the High Council. Simple librarian one day, supreme military commander and political envoy the next.

At least in Bumblebee's case, Otpimus abolished the Prime rank and opened up the opportunity for multiple leaders at the same time.

And from the sound of things, Bee more than likely isn't gonna be the sole master of all Autobots, but instead just the leader of his own ragtag five-bot unit consisting of just himself, Sideswipe, Fixit, Strongarm, and the still-unnamed green Dinobot.

In other words, he'll be less Optimus Prime and more Optimus Primal/TFA Optimus Prime in rank.
Re: Kevin Manthei to Co-Score Transformers: Robots In Disguise (1598634)
Posted by dalekslayer96 on August 12th, 2014 @ 4:29am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Thank god. I was worried that my precious continuity would be destroyed.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Megatron MISB - Time Remaining: 6 days 21 hours 29 minutes 2 seconds
TRANSFORMERS COMMEMORATIVE SERIES II POWERMASTER OPTIMUS PRIME ACTION FIGURE G1 - Time Remaining: 5 days 14 hours 1 minute 50 seconds
Transformers Generation 1 G1 Inferno Hasbro 1985 NICE Instructions & Stat Card - Time Remaining: 6 days 6 hours 1 minute 23 seconds
1985 HASBRO TRANSFORMERS G1 DINOBOTS GRIMLOCK COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 5 days 8 hours 13 minutes 9 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 2007 OPTIMUS PRIME VOYAGER  ACTION BATTLERS LOT BUMBLEBEE MEGATRON - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 42 minutes 37 seconds
1985 Hasbro Transformers G1 Perceptor Incomplete Vintage - Time Remaining: 6 days 6 hours 23 minutes 1 second
Transformers Target Allspark Jazz, Bumblebee deluxe movie, 2007, lot, MIB, - Time Remaining: 5 days 18 hours 23 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers Collectors Club TFCC 1.0 Scourge Nemesis Prime MIB UNUSED - Time Remaining: 5 days 15 hours 55 minutes 1 second
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive