KO Miniature MP Optimus Prime - Crystal Clear Version

Transformers News: KO Miniature MP Optimus Prime - Crystal Clear Version

Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 8:57AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Knock Offs
Posted by: Mach   Views: 39,962

Actoys has posted the possible crystal clear version of upcoming 3rd party miniature MP Optimus Prime.
No words on the official release date or pricing at this moment.
From the chinese caption across the images, seems like this clear version is exclusive to Actoys Magazine.

See attached images for the prototype.

See original post by clicking here.

We would like to remind readers that this is not an official product from Hasbro Inc or Takara Tomy.

Stay tuned to Seibertron for all your latest Transformers news.
Credit(s): Actoys

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: KO Miniature MP Optimus Prime - Crystal Clear Version (1001835)
Posted by Mach on September 23rd, 2009 @ 8:59am CDT
DevastaTTor wrote:Third party or not, that's very cool. If that comes out, I'll probably get it.

I hate to say that, but i can't resist clear version toys..... #-o
Re: KO Miniature MP Optimus Prime - Crystal Clear Version (1001846)
Posted by CaTZ on September 23rd, 2009 @ 9:20am CDT
now how on earth can we obtain this???
Re: KO Miniature MP Optimus Prime - Crystal Clear Version (1001849)
Posted by guardianprime on September 23rd, 2009 @ 9:27am CDT

admittedly im a sucker for clear models (tho i would prefer a non colored clear one)

did we ever get any info on the mini Classics Primes?
Re: KO Miniature MP Optimus Prime - Crystal Clear Version (1001854)
Posted by Warbreaker on September 23rd, 2009 @ 9:39am CDT
guardianprime wrote:*angry face* kinda pissed. when i first heard about these i (admittedly foolishly) expected them to be a cheaper alternative to MP prime.

Personally, I've learnt to assume that all 3rd-party toys & kits cost a pancreas, liver and 8 fingers at the very least. I have my local eBay sellers to thank for that (especially since they're the only lot that get their hands on this stuff and know it).

Looks good, though I'd prefer the larger, more expensive and QC-assured (mostly) version.

Personally though, I'm more interested as to whether HasTak's IP branch have planned any cease and desist orders.
Re: KO Miniature MP Optimus Prime - Crystal Clear Version (1001861)
Posted by First Gen on September 23rd, 2009 @ 10:00am CDT
Wow. An exclusive knock off. Will wonders never cease.

To bad this does nothing for me. I normally like clear molds, but it just doesn't sit right with this version of Prime.

Wonder if HASTAK is gonna get ACToys for having this as an exclusive?
Re: KO Miniature MP Optimus Prime - Crystal Clear Version (1001865)
Posted by Convotron on September 23rd, 2009 @ 10:04am CDT
It's cool but I'm expecting a crazy price for it.
Re: KO Miniature MP Optimus Prime - Crystal Clear Version (1001873)
Posted by TFGnome on September 23rd, 2009 @ 10:28am CDT
it he is less than 30, i may pick him up
Re: KO Miniature MP Optimus Prime - Crystal Clear Version (1001874)
Posted by capellamusic on September 23rd, 2009 @ 10:32am CDT
Re: KO Miniature MP Optimus Prime - Crystal Clear Version (1001881)
Posted by Convotron on September 23rd, 2009 @ 10:48am CDT
capellamusic wrote:Let me guess... iGear? BTW, how does ACToys have access to KO previews, etc.? Are they in contact with KO manufacturers?

That's my guess. They seem to have the inside scoop on some KO news.
Re: KO Miniature MP Optimus Prime - Crystal Clear Version (1001892)
Posted by dragons on September 23rd, 2009 @ 11:04am CDT
wander if bbts will get this they sell knock offs if its under 40 & comes with more than just his gun i may pay for it for 30
Re: KO Miniature MP Optimus Prime - Crystal Clear Version (1001904)
Posted by shonenfan4 on September 23rd, 2009 @ 11:25am CDT
Does this thing come with light-up Matrix?
Re: KO Miniature MP Optimus Prime - Crystal Clear Version (1001936)
Posted by guardianprime on September 23rd, 2009 @ 11:53am CDT
TFGnome wrote:...,well if he was more "clear" and not just ummm, "jewel color?" i would be more interested.
it he is less than 30, i may pick him up

I completely agree with EVERYTHING in this statement.
Re: KO Miniature MP Optimus Prime - Crystal Clear Version (1001938)
Posted by Kibble on September 23rd, 2009 @ 11:56am CDT
Considering the prices we've seen for the solid-color ones were like $80-95, I can't imagine the exclusive clear one is going to be any cheaper...so no dice to the "if it's around $30" crowd.
Re: KO Miniature MP Optimus Prime - Crystal Clear Version (1001939)
Posted by Firebird on September 23rd, 2009 @ 11:57am CDT
Well at least iGear finally is showing off a non photoshopped preview pic.

I'm not buying it though. And I would rather have the Crystal Convoy to be honest.
Re: KO Miniature MP Optimus Prime - Crystal Clear Version (1001954)
Posted by Nightwalker on September 23rd, 2009 @ 12:39pm CDT
Looks pretty cool to me :)
Re: KO Miniature MP Optimus Prime - Crystal Clear Version (1002209)
Posted by Zeds on September 23rd, 2009 @ 6:27pm CDT
First Gen wrote:Wow. An exclusive knock off. Will wonders never cease.

My jaw dropped when I read that too. :roll:
Re: KO Miniature MP Optimus Prime - Crystal Clear Version (1002265)
Posted by bvzxa on September 23rd, 2009 @ 8:01pm CDT
Re: KO Miniature MP Optimus Prime - Crystal Clear Version (1002271)
Posted by Kibble on September 23rd, 2009 @ 8:11pm CDT
bvzxa wrote:Man...I like the way it looks. I don't exactly want the clear version, but a regular version would be nice. The scale is perfect for what I want to do. Make a Megs like that and were in business.

Supposedly that's next...let's see if this one sees the light of day first, though. Not sure how well a KO masterpiece Megs would hold up either way...the real thing is fragile enough as it is.
Re: KO Miniature MP Optimus Prime - Crystal Clear Version (1002314)
Posted by Convotron on September 23rd, 2009 @ 9:11pm CDT

Now as far as the clear version, it's neat, but I'm more interested in seeing how the normal Mini MP OP looks and I mean the actual production figure, not prototypes, not CGI mock ups. I won't be buying one but I just want to see if it can live up to the quality standards of the figure it's copying.
Re: KO Miniature MP Optimus Prime - Crystal Clear Version (1002397)
Posted by shonenfan4 on September 23rd, 2009 @ 11:30pm CDT
Convotron wrote:For me, the biggest draw of a mini MP OP is that the figure would be more manageable than the real deal. I just received the 20th Anniversary DVD Edition OP and it's fahgoozalin' huge. It's cool but there's only so much I can do with it for displaying in my current residence. I don't have the real estate to have more than one of this guy around.

20th Anniversary OP is amazing, puts awes for those that first opened him up.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Alternators DEAD END Dodge Viper New - Time Remaining: 2 days 2 hours 5 minutes 47 seconds
1992 Hasbro Transformers G2 Terradive Jet 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 2 days 21 hours 54 minutes 44 seconds
2003 HASBRO TRANSFORMERS ARMADA RED ALERT FIGURE - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 10 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Movie Voyager Class BLACKOUT Deluxe Class SCORPONOK New Desert Pack - Time Remaining: 1 day 17 hours 57 minutes 56 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations Autobot Springer Deluxe Class MISB - Time Remaining: 2 days 19 hours 42 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Bumblebee Stinger Reversible Muscle Costume Size 6 New AOE 4 6 - Time Remaining: 3 days 14 hours 46 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Universe 25th Anniversary SDCC SOUNDWAVE New San Diego Comic-Con - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 18 minutes 19 seconds
Transformers galaxy force cybertron flame convoy scourge w /axe - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 19 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016