Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images

Transformers News: Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images

Monday, August 26th, 2013 4:36PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 24,439

SURU has posted some additional images of the special Linkin Park edition Soundwave set. The set feature gold version of G1 Soundwave, Ravage, Laserbeak, Ratbat, and Buzzsaw. This set retails for $150.00.

he LINKIN PARK SOUNDWAVE TRANSFORMERS Special Edition Action Figure is in the “Generation 1” or “G1” style of the fan favorite SOUNDWAVE TRANSFORMERS character, features an orange gold treatment and is packaged in a unique cassette tape-inspired box. The set includes the Decepticon spy minions Ravage, Lazerbeak, Buzzsaw and Ratbat which take the alternative form of a microcassette stored within Soundwave’s tape compartment.

Features:

Soundwave stands approximately 7 inches in height
Features 8 points of articulation
Converts from robot to “cassette player” mode
Includes 4 cassette minions

Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images

Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images

Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images

Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images

Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images

Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images

Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images

Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images

Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images

Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images
Credit(s): SURU

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images (1514123)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on August 26th, 2013 @ 5:09pm CDT
All my no.
Re: Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images (1514124)
Posted by Vegitron on August 26th, 2013 @ 5:14pm CDT
I like this thing. Another strange G1 figure to add to my collection. It should fit in well next to my Exile edition Music Label Convoy.
Re: Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images (1514127)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 26th, 2013 @ 5:24pm CDT
Yeeeeesh.... This look like some unpainted prototype. 150$?! Good lord.
Oh well, if you're into these things...
Re: Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images (1514128)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 26th, 2013 @ 5:24pm CDT
Nice job putting Ratbat's boosters on the wrong side. >:oP
Re: Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images (1514130)
Posted by AnhVuDo on August 26th, 2013 @ 5:29pm CDT
I REALLY wanted this however, at $150 I'm better off spending a little more and getting a Hasbro Masterpiece version.
Re: Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images (1514131)
Posted by Mystic Metal on August 26th, 2013 @ 5:33pm CDT
At least "Golden Shower" Ultra Magnus has someone to sit in the corner with.

Pic courtesy tfwiki.net
Re: Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images (1514134)
Posted by devlingrey on August 26th, 2013 @ 5:52pm CDT
I can't explain why I like this. This would be an abomination on my shelves but I love it. Maybe it's so bad it's good, I don't know.
Re: Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images (1514145)
Posted by Yweggo on August 26th, 2013 @ 6:44pm CDT
Doesn't need Buzzsaw, needs Frenzy/Rumble instead.

Just my two cents.
Re: Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images (1514146)
Posted by YRQRM0 on August 26th, 2013 @ 6:50pm CDT
I love it, just because it's linkin park. But $150 is quite steep.
Re: Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images (1514157)
Posted by ILL-Star on August 26th, 2013 @ 7:52pm CDT
This is just my opinion, but that thing is an absolute piece of crap. Cheap looking gold plastic and the only other color is black, and there is so little of it. This Soundwave doesn't even have metal thighs.

If Linkin Park really had a say in this figure's design, they made it pretty obvious that they don't give a hoot about Transformers. :lol:
Re: Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images (1514183)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 26th, 2013 @ 10:29pm CDT
Looks more like "Vanilla-flavor" instead of "gold".
Re: Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images (1514188)
Posted by triKlops on August 26th, 2013 @ 10:40pm CDT
Butterscotch Soundwave
Re: Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images (1514208)
Posted by Regimus Prime on August 27th, 2013 @ 1:16am CDT
He is one of my favorite G1 characters. it'll go great opposite my MISB 1984/G1 Soundwave. Where will it be on sale at? :BOT:
Re: Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images (1514215)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 27th, 2013 @ 3:22am CDT
Regimus Prime wrote: Where will it be on sale at? :BOT:

Let me guess... Linkin Park? :WHISTLE:
Re: Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images (1514217)
Posted by RhA on August 27th, 2013 @ 4:02am CDT
Regimus Prime wrote:He is one of my favorite G1 characters. it'll go great opposite my MISB 1984/G1 Soundwave.

They are opposites indeed. One is awesome and the other sucks eggs.
Re: Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images (1514252)
Posted by GuyIncognito on August 27th, 2013 @ 10:31am CDT
I'm waiting for the pink Limp Bizkit version. 8-}
Re: Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images (1514354)
Posted by slugfest200x on August 27th, 2013 @ 9:16pm CDT
i can only hope that Gold plastic Syndrome causes this toy to crumble into nothingness; just as Linkin Parks career did.
Re: Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images (1514357)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on August 27th, 2013 @ 9:28pm CDT
Yweggo wrote:Doesn't need Buzzsaw, needs Frenzy/Rumble instead.

Just my two cents.

Agreed, because they could at least represent some generics from More Than Meets The Eye and S.O.S. Dinobots.

As is, they could all be electrum coated...but the reveal of Ratbat makes that odd, as Golden Lagoon was before his time in the 'toon.
Re: Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images (1514363)
Posted by ausbot on August 27th, 2013 @ 10:11pm CDT
It looks like a KO, at least the other G1 reissue, Bape Prime was interesting.
Re: Linkin Park Soundwave Set Images (1514378)
Posted by Vegitron on August 28th, 2013 @ 12:16am CDT
I can't believe that over a year after showing the actually good looking prototype in 2012 they came up with this final product. It's as if they totally forgot about it (I know I did) and handed it off to some intern who doesn't know a thing about TFs to finish the design on the cheap.

BTW the Linkin Park facebook page has some great comments. With 43,700+ Likes, I'm sure it'll sell out between the two sets of fans.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers G1 2003 SKIDS MIB commemorative VIII hasbro reissue - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 8 minutes 15 seconds
G1 Transformers ULTRA MAGNUS PARTS WEAPONS LOT #7 r+l large & small fist & gun - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 10 minutes 51 seconds
TRANSFORMERS REVENGE OF THE FALLEN DELUXE OPTIMUS PRIME HALLOWEEN COSTUME SZ 7-8 - Time Remaining: 1 day 18 hours 14 minutes 22 seconds
2016 SDCC Hasbro Exclusive Transformers Soundwave Tablet - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 44 minutes 43 seconds
Vintage 1984 Transformers G1 Autobot SIDESWIPE Complete Hasbro - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 30 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers G1 2005 SOUNDBLASTER 18 MIB book collection complete takara - Time Remaining: 2 days 17 minutes 35 seconds
~~Vintage 4x LOT Fizzle Seaspray Punch Counterpunch Huffer G1 Transformers~~ B - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 50 minutes 31 seconds
TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE RAMJET 2003 MISB - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 39 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive