Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Madman Entertainment to Release Transformers Animated Season 3 on DVD

Transformers News: Madman Entertainment to Release Transformers Animated Season 3 on DVD

Wednesday, September 11th, 2013 8:37AM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 17,619

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Great news Transformers Animated fans, season three is finally making it's way to DVD. Australia's Madman Entertainment is planning on releasing the highly demanded, and thus far never released, third season sometime during the first half of 2014. This reveal comes from their official Facebook page where a fan made inquiry about Transformers Animated Season 3:

Goktimus Prime August 6 at 9:59pm
Dear Madman,
Will you be releasing Season 3 of Transformers Animated on DVD?
Thanks.

Madman about an hour ago
Yes! For the first time anywhere. First half of next year.
Credit(s): Madman Entertainment
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Madman Entertainment to Release Transformers Animated Season 3 on DVD (1517107)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on September 11th, 2013 @ 9:12am CDT
About. Bleeping. Time!
Re: Madman Entertainment to Release Transformers Animated Season 3 on DVD (1517137)
Posted by empyre327 on September 11th, 2013 @ 11:20am CDT
I thought Shout! Factory was going to release it soon in the US anyhow. . . . I still need RiD!
Re: Madman Entertainment to Release Transformers Animated Season 3 on DVD (1517153)
Posted by Erailea on September 11th, 2013 @ 1:55pm CDT
FINALLY!

:KREMZEEK:
Re: Madman Entertainment to Release Transformers Animated Season 3 on DVD (1517156)
Posted by VirusCarnage on September 11th, 2013 @ 2:22pm CDT
What is this 3 years late? Lol
Re: Madman Entertainment to Release Transformers Animated Season 3 on DVD (1517226)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 11th, 2013 @ 10:25pm CDT
Congrats to Australian Animated fans.
Re: Madman Entertainment to Release Transformers Animated Season 3 on DVD (1517246)
Posted by BeastProwl on September 12th, 2013 @ 12:07am CDT
Was it ever officially stated that the season 4 comic continuation was canned? Or did that just never happen?
Re: Madman Entertainment to Release Transformers Animated Season 3 on DVD (1517248)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 12th, 2013 @ 12:12am CDT
BeastProwl wrote:Was it ever officially stated that the season 4 comic continuation was canned? Or did that just never happen?
The latter.

The closest we ever got to something like that happening was one of the creators saying that it'd be a cool idea for it happen.

But then Regeneration One happened. At a Con a few years back, a fan asked IDW about the possibility of Animated continuing in comic form, or of IDW finishing up Dreamwave's unfinished TF comics, and IDW basically said that Regeneration One is the "continuation of an old series" that they want people to focus on.

So, I guess for anything like a season 4 comic to even be considered by IDW, ReG1 has gotta get done first.
Re: Madman Entertainment to Release Transformers Animated Season 3 on DVD (1517383)
Posted by Dead Metal on September 12th, 2013 @ 5:50pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:Was it ever officially stated that the season 4 comic continuation was canned? Or did that just never happen?
The latter.

The closest we ever got to something like that happening was one of the creators saying that it'd be a cool idea for it happen.

But then Regeneration One happened. At a Con a few years back, a fan asked IDW about the possibility of Animated continuing in comic form, or of IDW finishing up Dreamwave's unfinished TF comics, and IDW basically said that Regeneration One is the "continuation of an old series" that they want people to focus on.

So, I guess for anything like a season 4 comic to even be considered by IDW, ReG1 has gotta get done first.

Which will be soon, since they only want to go up to 100 with ReGen One, at least that's what they said when the first issue came out.
Re: Madman Entertainment to Release Transformers Animated Season 3 on DVD (1517500)
Posted by Ominous Prime on September 13th, 2013 @ 5:45am CDT
This news made my whole year. Madman Entertainment are awesome. Even better, they have a season 1 box set listed for release on Nov 20 (don't think we ever got a season box set in Australia), which means they probably have a season 2 set planned sometime in-between.

The season 1 set notes widescreen format, and oddly says it contains 19 episodes.
Re: Madman Entertainment to Release Transformers Animated Season 3 on DVD (1517509)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 13th, 2013 @ 6:37am CDT
Ominous Prime wrote:The season 1 set notes widescreen format, and oddly says it contains 19 episodes.
19? Weird. Season 1 only had 16, counting the three-part pilot split into three episodes.

Maybe it's a typo, or maybe they threw in a few of the shorts that they're counting as "episodes".
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014