Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Many New Transformers Out in Canada

Transformers News: Many New Transformers Out in Canada

Friday, September 21st, 2007 7:58AM CDT

Category: Sightings
Posted by: Down_Shift   Views: 16,842

Lot of new figures have been found on the Canadian market in the last week. Ultimate Bumblebee was found at TRU just last week with a price tag of $110.

This week, thanks to many of our trusted members, we have reports of Robot Replicas Optimus Prime, Jazz, and Frenzy out at Canadian retail as well. Not only that, but I myself found Thundercracker and Rescue Ratchet at a local Wal-mart.

With so many new figures released mid-September we may see Drop-kick and Recon Barricade within a few weeks as well.

Have you seen any of these figures lately? Why not share your knowledge with everyone! Submit your sightings here
Credit(s): Briggs, Zeds, Cybertron.ca and Down_shift
Re: Many New Transformers Out in Canada (355179)
Posted by OTAGO on September 21st, 2007 @ 8:17am CDT
those guys are at Warehouse stores in New Zealand too.
Re: Many New Transformers Out in Canada (355252)
Posted by Skowl on September 21st, 2007 @ 9:21am CDT
Found Ultimate BB at Toys R Us in Moncton, nothing else new. All we ever got here was wave 2 stuff, Swindle and Buscrusher...
Re: Many New Transformers Out in Canada (355253)
Posted by Briggs on September 21st, 2007 @ 9:22am CDT
Zellers in SW Ontario has ultimate bumblebee's for $99 :D
Re: Many New Transformers Out in Canada (355260)
Posted by Blurrz on September 21st, 2007 @ 9:27am CDT
Re: Many New Transformers Out in Canada (355267)
Posted by T-Macksimus on September 21st, 2007 @ 9:32am CDT
Re: Many New Transformers Out in Canada (355347)
Posted by Skowl on September 21st, 2007 @ 10:31am CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:If what I have been hearing about the Canadian and U.S. dollars being almost equal, you guys are getting hosed on the Ultimate Bumblebee price and the retail chains deserve a good smack upside the head for doing it. Those of you close to U.S. border towns, for the sake of your wallets, jump the fence.

I hear you. I'm royally PISSED that even though our dollar is now official 1:1 with US as of this morning, I still have to pay double for scouts and deluxe figures (deluxe toys are 20$ after taxes!!!)

Ultimate Bumblebee is a perfect example of how we're getting the shaft on the exchange rate.
Re: Many New Transformers Out in Canada (355350)
Posted by Briggs on September 21st, 2007 @ 10:34am CDT
Skowl wrote:

Then places like The Bay and Sears charged 16.99/17.99, but that's because they are stupid. Zellers, Walmart, Canadian Superstore, etc, 14.99!

Wha tI am pissed about is $40 american for a leader class or something, but $70 canadian at TRU, $60 and walmart/zellers/ WTF ?!
Re: Many New Transformers Out in Canada (355369)
Posted by Omega-1 on September 21st, 2007 @ 10:47am CDT
Briggs wrote:What province do you live in!??! In Ontario most department stores sell them for 14.99, comes to about 17.44 or something.

Yeah, you can really see the difference on the more expensive figures. And on top of the price being higher than the US price, we have to pay the crazy tax on it. Playing devil's advocate, I can see their reasoning for keeping the price up though. I mean wages do not go down when the dollar rises so they have to charge the same price to pay wages.
Re: Many New Transformers Out in Canada (355449)
Posted by easydoesit on September 21st, 2007 @ 11:42am CDT
I've seen all of the Robot Replicas except for Bumbleebee out in Wal-Mart stores in Southern California (San Diego).
Re: Many New Transformers Out in Canada (355897)
Posted by Down_Shift on September 21st, 2007 @ 4:24pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:Hopefully we'll be getting Dropkick and Longarm soon.. I'm guessing Cliffjumper won't be for some time either?

I was going to mention that in the news post, but it didn't really need to be there. Hasbro said Cliffjumper, Stockade, that f'ugly helicopter, ect. won't be out until the new year. Classics 2.0 isn't suppose to hit shelves until the new year as well. Animated figures aren't suppose to hit shelves until the shows offical debut in January, however we are getting the animated movie some time in december so there may be a slim chance we will see some of the Cybertronian mode Animated figs around Christmas.

Everything is pretty much "caught up" around most of the marketable world. What I'm getting at here is, if Hasbro says all that stuff is coming out after the new year, whats to fill the void until then :???:
Re: Many New Transformers Out in Canada (355906)
Posted by Blurrz on September 21st, 2007 @ 4:29pm CDT
Re: Many New Transformers Out in Canada (355932)
Posted by Down_Shift on September 21st, 2007 @ 4:39pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:Thanks Down_Shift. I'm just glad i live in Alberta so I don't get burned by PST.... all i have is 6% GST.

... :-x Heaven forbid I take a boot out to Alberta and meet you on the street. :BLACKEYE:

That's all jelous rage for the record. No grudge against you, I just hate Ontario.
Re: Many New Transformers Out in Canada (355987)
Posted by Sunstar on September 21st, 2007 @ 5:06pm CDT
Re: Many New Transformers Out in Canada (356219)
Posted by ermac4345 on September 21st, 2007 @ 7:06pm CDT
i just found a bumblebee 08.1 left!!!!!!
Re: Many New Transformers Out in Canada (357659)
Posted by Down_Shift on September 22nd, 2007 @ 8:49pm CDT
Sunstar wrote:I have seen chess games, robot battle thing(megatron and prime) and stuff like that. But since I can't make a reporting thread for our province, I am not bothering to report Where I saw these.

Not to sound rude, but if that's the case why did you post anything at all :???:
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars