Mark Wahlberg announced as New Lead in Transformers 4

Transformers News: Mark Wahlberg announced as New Lead in Transformers 4

Thursday, November 8th, 2012 9:22PM CST

Categories: Movie News, Press Releases
Posted by: Anonymous.   Views: 67,309

Courtesy of MichaelBay.com and Paramount:

HOLLYWOOD, CA (November 8, 2012) - After an exceptionally successful collaboration on the upcoming "Pain and Gain," Michael Bay has cast Academy Award®-nominee Mark Wahlberg in the highly anticipated "TRANSFORMERS 4." The film will hit theaters June 27th, 2014.

"Mark is awesome. We had a blast working on "Pain and Gain" and I'm so fired up to be back working with him. An actor of his caliber is the perfect guy to re-invigorate the franchise and carry on the Transformers' legacy," said Bay.

Bay will direct the next installment in the "TRANSFORMERS" series, which begins shooting next spring. From Paramount Pictures, a division of Viacom, Inc., in association with Hasbro, the film will be produced by Don Murphy & Tom DeSanto, Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Ian Bryce, and executive produced by Steven Spielberg, Bay, Brian Goldner and Mark Vahradian.

Bay's first "TRANSFORMERS" film was a box office sensation in 2007, opening at #1 and earning more than $700 million worldwide. His second installment "TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN" in 2009 grossed more than $830 million worldwide. In 2011, "TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON" was an even bigger hit worldwide, grossing more than a billion dollars to become the 5th highest grossing film of all time. To date, the franchise has earned more than $2.6 billion worldwide.

From acclaimed director Michael Bay comes "Pain and Gain," a new action comedy starring Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson and Anthony Mackie. Based on the unbelievable true story of three personal trainers in 1990s Miami who, in pursuit of the American Dream, get caught up in a criminal enterprise that goes horribly wrong. Ed Harris, Tony Shalhoub, Rob Corddry, Rebel Wilson, and Bar Paly also star. The film is based on magazine articles by Pete Collins, with a screenplay by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely and produced by Donald DeLine, Michael Bay and Ian Bryce.

"PAIN AND GAIN" opens in theaters everywhere April 26th, 2013.

Re: It's Official! Wahlberg is on board for TF4!

Re: It's Official! Wahlberg is on board for TF4!
Credit(s): Paramount

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Mark Wahlberg announced as New Lead in Transformers 4 (1438381)
Posted by President-prime on November 8th, 2012 @ 9:45pm CST
I'm excited. I like mark wahlberg. He's funny, and can handle action. Hope they get a Binh of buff guys for a bunch of adrenalin rush action. Hopefully story and action starts from the beginning...not wait till the end. They don't need half a movie to develop stories.
Re: Mark Wahlberg announced as New Lead in Transformers 4 (1438389)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on November 8th, 2012 @ 10:02pm CST
better than shia thats for sure, this guy actually has some talent. But with bay still at the reigns theres no hope no matter who signs on.
Re: Mark Wahlberg announced as New Lead in Transformers 4 (1438391)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on November 8th, 2012 @ 10:13pm CST
Darth Bombshell wrote:And with that, any interest I may have had in the new movie dies.

Why? This is an improvement, if indeed he's the leading role. I just hope he doesn't play Sam, 15-20 years later, or something...

Re: Mark Wahlberg announced as New Lead in Transformers 4 (1438392)
Posted by Autobot Megatron on November 8th, 2012 @ 10:17pm CST
An improvement. SO, on the other hand, that's the TF4 logo? Isn't that the first time we've officially seen that?
Re: Mark Wahlberg announced as New Lead in Transformers 4 (1438394)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on November 8th, 2012 @ 10:23pm CST
Re: Mark Wahlberg announced as New Lead in Transformers 4 (1438400)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on November 8th, 2012 @ 10:36pm CST
Why do they need to keep changing the damn faction symbol. Its perfect the way it is: :CON:
Every deviation that has come from the movies, the current one, and the older one with the extra corner on the eye, is nothing but deviation from the already perfect symbol.
Even the autobot logo. It didn't need to look all angry. wtf is that. Autobots have a logo that originally speaks of nobility and honour, not agro attitude. Morons. EVERYTHING HAS TO BE NEW, NEW, NEW just for the sake of being new. Learn to do more with what you already have before trying your own take.
Re: Mark Wahlberg announced as New Lead in Transformers 4 (1438402)
Posted by President-prime on November 8th, 2012 @ 10:41pm CST
A little comedy makes a good movie. But the entire movie? That's a joke, ie tf2. Fingers crossed. But what about the casting call for the high school boy and girl lead? Daniel and arcee reincarnated into a human..[Daniel] "Arcee, I...I... [Arcee]. You don't have to say...I know how you feel."
Re: Mark Wahlberg announced as New Lead in Transformers 4 (1438406)
Posted by Kibble on November 8th, 2012 @ 10:49pm CST
Vanilla Ice was busy so they booked Marky Mark instead...
Re: Mark Wahlberg announced as New Lead in Transformers 4 (1438407)
Posted by amtm on November 8th, 2012 @ 10:51pm CST
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:Yup, Wahlberg's certainly an improvement. Cautiously optimistic that this spells an end to the whole comedy routine thing.

I'm going to say Bay will probably get him to do something like his Big Hit performance. Which tried to be funny but wasn't.
Re: Mark Wahlberg announced as New Lead in Transformers 4 (1438408)
Posted by Gundamu on November 8th, 2012 @ 10:52pm CST
Optimism levels slowly rising... :-?
Re: Mark Wahlberg announced as New Lead in Transformers 4 (1438411)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 8th, 2012 @ 11:09pm CST
Featuring songs performed by... New Kids on the Block. #-o
Re: Mark Wahlberg announced as New Lead in Transformers 4 (1438413)
Posted by Ultra Markus on November 8th, 2012 @ 11:24pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Featuring songs performed by... New Kids on the Block. #-o

there talking about Mark wahlberg not Donnie wahlberg
Re: Mark Wahlberg announced as New Lead in Transformers 4 (1438415)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 8th, 2012 @ 11:33pm CST
Ultra Markus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Featuring songs performed by... New Kids on the Block. #-o

there talking about Mark wahlberg not Donnie wahlberg
Donnie Wahlberg. Danny's last name was Wood.

Mark was a former member who quit very early on.
Re: Mark Wahlberg announced as New Lead in Transformers 4 (1438420)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 8th, 2012 @ 11:44pm CST
Re: Mark Wahlberg announced as New Lead in Transformers 4 (1438422)
Posted by Autobot Megatron on November 8th, 2012 @ 11:48pm CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:All I can say is that I hope he improves with this one. I know that I will not be watching it, but he needs to have something that the pre-movie fans can say is their favorite. :michaelbay:

Just say the '86 Movie. That's what I do.
Re: Mark Wahlberg announced as New Lead in Transformers 4 (1438426)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 9th, 2012 @ 12:10am CST
Autobot Megatron wrote:

Just say the '86 Movie. That's what I do.
Or "Lio Convoy Kiki Ippatsu!" ;)
Re: Mark Wahlberg announced as New Lead in Transformers 4 (1438429)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 9th, 2012 @ 12:28am CST
Autobot Megatron wrote:

Just say the '86 Movie. That's what I do.

Same here. But for some, there is the whole Optimus Prime died theme. That, and people hated Hot Rod. But there is always the one Sabrblade mentioned. However, that one doesn't have any of Kup's stories.

Which reminds me... Did I ever tell you the story of the time I attended Anime Expo 2011? :-?
Re: Mark Wahlberg announced as New Lead in Transformers 4 (1438430)
Posted by quickmixed on November 9th, 2012 @ 12:33am CST
:lol: If your first thought was Dirk Diggler singing The Touch in Boogie nights give yourself a pat on the back. :lol:

Re: Mark Wahlberg announced as New Lead in Transformers 4 (1438431)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 9th, 2012 @ 12:34am CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:However, that one doesn't have any of Kup's stories.
True, but it's got plenty of Energon Matrixy goodness. :D

Though, oddly, it was done by Toei instead of the show's studio Production Reed. Go figure. ;)
Re: Mark Wahlberg announced as New Lead in Transformers 4 (1438440)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on November 9th, 2012 @ 1:39am CST
I'm glad to hear Marky Mark is the new lead; I was tired of Shia after the first movie.

I wonder why it's a deception symbol (or half of one at least) for the logo? They killed all of the big bads we know well. Maybe they'll bring in lesser known villains or even new ones, which would be cool. I just hope they aren't all just cannon fodder...

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Transformers Key Chain Holder Generation 1 G1 Autobot Bumblebee Red 1 Pcs - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 30 minutes 57 seconds
Takara Transformers G1 Kaiyodo KT Gashapon Mini Box Figure Optimus Prime Convoy - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 46 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage Corvette Takara MISB (100% authentic) - Time Remaining: 7 days 23 hours 5 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece MP-25 Tracks Corvette Takara MISB (100% authentic) - Time Remaining: 7 days 22 hours 50 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee Volkswagen Takara MISB - Time Remaining: 3 days 12 hours 20 minutes 34 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime Convoy Takara MISB (100% authentic) - Time Remaining: 7 days 23 hours 20 minutes 21 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Age of Extinction Titan Guardians Grimlock 16-Inch Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 21 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers Ultimate Optimus Prime Dark of the Moon DOTM Japanese Exclusive - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 21 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016