Mark Wahlberg: Transformers: Age of Extinction can "Stand-Alone"

Transformers News: Mark Wahlberg: Transformers: Age of Extinction can "Stand-Alone"

Wednesday, November 13th, 2013 10:58PM CST

Categories: Movie News, People News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 29,642

Access Hollywood recently caught up with Mark Wahlberg at the premiere of his latest film Lone Survivor and as you would expect Transformers: Age of Extinction made it's way into the conversation. While we know TF:AOE is a sequel to the previous trilogy, Wahlberg points out it's very different from the previous films and can "stand-alone". Transformers: Age of Extinction hit theaters June 27th, 2014.

It’s a completely different stand-alone movie. It takes place after the third one, after the battle of Chicago. It’s definitely its own story.

I think it’s very different and fresh and people are going to really enjoy it. I had a blast making it,” he said. “And you’re going to see things in this particular movie that you haven’t seen in the other movies.
Credit(s): Access Hollywood
Re: Mark Wahlberg: Transformers: Age of Extinction can "Stand-Alone" (1529617)
Posted by RhA on November 13th, 2013 @ 11:33pm CST
And these things are robot dinosaurs.
Re: Mark Wahlberg: Transformers: Age of Extinction can "Stand-Alone" (1529628)
Posted by 2scraplets1kup on November 14th, 2013 @ 12:06am CST
WHATEVER MARK. I'M SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.
Re: Mark Wahlberg: Transformers: Age of Extinction can "Stand-Alone" (1529639)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 14th, 2013 @ 1:22am CST
RhA wrote:And these things are robot dinosaurs.

Yep.
Re: Mark Wahlberg: Transformers: Age of Extinction can "Stand-Alone" (1529646)
Posted by Burn on November 14th, 2013 @ 2:47am CST
2scraplets1kup wrote:WHATEVER MARK. I'M SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

Well of course he does. He's in the movie.
Re: Mark Wahlberg: Transformers: Age of Extinction can "Stand-Alone" (1529655)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on November 14th, 2013 @ 5:26am CST
“And you’re going to see things in this particular movie that you haven’t seen in the other movies."
RhA wrote:And these things are robot dinosaurs.

And some shots of Nicola Peltz in sultry poses. And some buildings blowing up. Some awesome car chases, some slo-mo fighting scenes, and explosions.

But yeah, robot dinosaurs! :D

:michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
Re: Mark Wahlberg: Transformers: Age of Extinction can "Stand-Alone" (1529669)
Posted by T-Macksimus on November 14th, 2013 @ 7:55am CST
kirbenvost wrote:
RhA wrote:And these things are robot dinosaurs.

Yep.

I was going to say "Talent?" but I suppose robot dinosaurs works too.
Re: Mark Wahlberg: Transformers: Age of Extinction can "Stand-Alone" (1529676)
Posted by padfoo on November 14th, 2013 @ 8:23am CST
Re: Mark Wahlberg: Transformers: Age of Extinction can "Stand-Alone" (1529750)
Posted by njb902 on November 14th, 2013 @ 2:38pm CST
padfoo wrote:Only time will tell but based on the images, the director and the news about this film. I am expecting it to be like the others. The first movie was the only decent one. It's too late to recreate the impact or feel of that film after everything that came out afterwards.

I agree the first one was the best, though I do like the last 3rd of DOTM as well.
Re: Mark Wahlberg: Transformers: Age of Extinction can "Stand-Alone" (1529819)
Posted by DetoxRetox on November 14th, 2013 @ 7:36pm CST

Yes, and now that "mainstream" actors like wahlberg have invaded TF I am completely sick and tired of this Hollywood crap. Each movie gets more and more ridiculous. As for the marky mark guy... I'm sure he won't mind after he gets a few million, but I do.
Re: Mark Wahlberg: Transformers: Age of Extinction can "Stand-Alone" (1529930)
Posted by njb902 on November 15th, 2013 @ 10:43am CST
DetoxRetox wrote:

Mark Wahlberg is a "mainstream" actor?
Re: Mark Wahlberg: Transformers: Age of Extinction can "Stand-Alone" (1529965)
Posted by Burn on November 15th, 2013 @ 2:10pm CST
njb902 wrote:
DetoxRetox wrote:

Mark Wahlberg is a "mainstream" actor?

Shia LeBouf isn't?
Re: Mark Wahlberg: Transformers: Age of Extinction can "Stand-Alone" (1530292)
Posted by TurboMMaster on November 17th, 2013 @ 2:55am CST
Re: Mark Wahlberg: Transformers: Age of Extinction can "Stand-Alone" (1530344)
Posted by RhA on November 17th, 2013 @ 9:12am CST
T-Macksimus wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:
RhA wrote:And these things are robot dinosaurs.

Yep.

I was going to say "Talent?" but I suppose robot dinosaurs works too.

The people who animate the CGI are pretty damned talented, if you ask me.
Re: Mark Wahlberg: Transformers: Age of Extinction can "Stand-Alone" (1530364)
Posted by SlyTF1 on November 17th, 2013 @ 11:31am CST
TurboMMaster wrote:I think it's obvious that AoE can "Stand-Alone" Since Bay movies are so dumb that that you don't need to even know what happened before. It is even better that way, cause plot holes are big enough to destroy your brain.

What plot holes?
Re: Mark Wahlberg: Transformers: Age of Extinction can "Stand-Alone" (1530388)
Posted by TurboMMaster on November 17th, 2013 @ 1:40pm CST
SlyTF1 wrote:

What plot holes?
The enormus ones? Actually, Bayformers make sense only if we agreed that almost all characters in this movies are morons. And it still don't explained why timeline in this Universe is so unstable...
Re: Mark Wahlberg: Transformers: Age of Extinction can "Stand-Alone" (1530394)
Posted by SlyTF1 on November 17th, 2013 @ 1:45pm CST
TurboMMaster wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

What plot holes?

It's really not.
Re: Mark Wahlberg: Transformers: Age of Extinction can "Stand-Alone" (1530413)
Posted by njb902 on November 17th, 2013 @ 2:52pm CST
SlyTF1 wrote:
TurboMMaster wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

What plot holes?

It's really not.

I agree with Sly.
Re: Mark Wahlberg: Transformers: Age of Extinction can "Stand-Alone" (1530464)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on November 17th, 2013 @ 8:00pm CST
njb902 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
TurboMMaster wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

What plot holes?

It's really not.

I agree with Sly.

Me too. There was a thread about these "plot holes" before and we came to the conclusion that the people who complain about plot holes didn't pay attention to the movies.
Re: Mark Wahlberg: Transformers: Age of Extinction can "Stand-Alone" (1530663)
Posted by TurboMMaster on November 19th, 2013 @ 2:51am CST
Evil_the_Nub wrote:
And most of this theories are only Wild Mass Guessing, additionaly, mostly either stupid and/or against some facts in movie itself (vide: Optimus had tammed himself in Mission City, because he don't wanna hurt too many humans).
Re: Mark Wahlberg: Transformers: Age of Extinction can "Stand-Alone" (1530694)
Posted by SlyTF1 on November 19th, 2013 @ 7:32am CST
TurboMMaster wrote:
Evil_the_Nub wrote:

I think it might have been because he wanted to die. Did you notice how he begged Sam to sacrifice him to the Allspark? I think after eons of conflict and losing Cybertron, he just wanted it to be over. But in the sequels, he saw that wasn't an option, and transformed that desperation into just pure pissedoff-ness.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering