Masterpiece Acid Storm to be Available in Japan

Transformers News: Masterpiece Acid Storm to be Available in Japan

Tuesday, April 30th, 2013 7:20PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 16,602

Toys R Us Japan has opened a preorder online for Masterpiece Acid Storm. It is currently priced at 13,999 Yen. The estimated ship date for the figure is 10-3-13. Speculation is that this will just be an import of the Hasbro product as a Masterpiece Acid Storm USA Edition like Takara did with Hasbro's version of MP-03 Starscream.

Masterpiece Acid Storm to be Available in Japan

Masterpiece Acid Storm to be Available in Japan

Masterpiece Acid Storm to be Available in Japan
Credit(s): Toys R Us Japan
Re: Masterpiece Acid Storm to be Available in Japan (1483470)
Posted by Rated X on April 30th, 2013 @ 7:49pm CDT
Re: Masterpiece Acid Storm to be Available in Japan (1483481)
Posted by NTESHFT on April 30th, 2013 @ 8:41pm CDT
I'm gonna grab him. I like it, myself.

On a side note_
I know this is long since worn out, but I wish that at least Hasbro would do Sktywarp in this mold. And crazy as this sounds, I wish they would do Starscream too, maybe without the Coronation gear.
Re: Masterpiece Acid Storm to be Available in Japan (1483501)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 30th, 2013 @ 11:02pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Acid Storm is my all time favorite seeker.
How come? I mean, you're pro-cartoon, yet we know next-to-nothing about Cartoon Acid Storm or any of his Rainmaker compatriots. So, what, other than his colors, makes him compelling as a character?
Re: Masterpiece Acid Storm to be Available in Japan (1483997)
Posted by Rated X on May 2nd, 2013 @ 1:29pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:Acid Storm is my all time favorite seeker.

I just loved the neon green ever since I saw that episode as a kid. Im not a fan of the camo MIG look Hasbro keeps trying to pass him off as. So I guess you can say color wise Acid Storm is my favorite seeker. But personality wise my favorite is Starscream.
Re: Masterpiece Acid Storm to be Available in Japan (1484054)
Posted by Transformers Hoarder on May 2nd, 2013 @ 3:52pm CDT
I purchased a custom Masterpiece Acidstorm but I'll still go for this.
Re: Masterpiece Acid Storm to be Available in Japan (1484063)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 2nd, 2013 @ 4:51pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:Acid Storm is my all time favorite seeker.

My guess as to why Hasbro keeps giving him a camo deco is due to neon colors usually being looked down upon by the fandom in general, and him being mostly all one solid color in toy form might look bland to the average consumer, who may not be familiar with the Rainmakers. *shrugs*
Re: Masterpiece Acid Storm to be Available in Japan (1484165)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on May 3rd, 2013 @ 3:02am CDT
Re: Masterpiece Acid Storm to be Available in Japan (1484177)
Posted by Delta Magnus on May 3rd, 2013 @ 6:14am CDT
Rated X wrote:Acid Storm is my all time favorite seeker. But damn I really hate that crappy camo-digital paint job on the wings. Is CHMS the only company that can make Acid Storm G1 accurate ?

Considering that in order to make him "G1 Accurate" they'd have to make him entirely neon green with absolutely no details beyond a black head, red eyes, a grey face and Decepticon symbols (damn you lazy animators!) a G1 Accurate version would suck.

I'll take a figure that looks good over a figure that is slavishly accurate to a 30-year-old, poorly animated cartoon any day.
Re: Masterpiece Acid Storm to be Available in Japan (1484184)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 3rd, 2013 @ 7:32am CDT
gavinfuzzy wrote:Why does Acid Storm have the 1st seeker mold cannons on his stand on Jet mode, when the null rays on his arm are not meant to be removable anymore? :-?
Thundercracker had those removable twin cannons too.
Re: Masterpiece Acid Storm to be Available in Japan (1484194)
Posted by xyl360 on May 3rd, 2013 @ 9:06am CDT
I skipped Sunstorm and I'll be skipping this guy. Come on Hasbro or Takara, one of you please do a Skywarp with the new mold :(.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Heroes Of Cybertron GALVATRON DECEPTICON COMMANDER NEW MOC 2002 - Time Remaining: 3 days 18 hours 55 minutes 41 seconds
HASBRO Transformers AUTOBOT Optimus Prime COMMEMORATIVE SERIES I NEW IN PACKAGE - Time Remaining: 3 days 19 hours 12 minutes 27 seconds
Cosmos Transformers G1 1985 figure complete Box Blister Bubble Parts Card - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 58 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers Botcon Gigatron Overlord - Time Remaining: 3 days 21 hours 14 minutes 11 seconds
Warpath Transformers G1 1985 figure complete Box Blister Bubble Parts Card - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 49 minutes 38 seconds
TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS MENASOR - FULL SET WITH WILD RIDER - Time Remaining: 4 days 22 hours 20 minutes 11 seconds
TRANSFORMERS HEROES OF CYBERTRON G1 OPTIMUS PRIME SET - Time Remaining: 3 days 18 hours 31 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 51 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents