Masterpiece Generation One Dinobot Slag Custom

Transformers News: Masterpiece Generation One Dinobot Slag Custom

Monday, September 3rd, 2007 6:25PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, People News, Collectables
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 29,896

You probably remember a thread in the toy forum not long ago, theorizing Grimlock as the next Masterpiece original mold.

While we are unsure about the status of that report, we do have something interesting to share related to it.

Apparently a Custom Masterpiece Slag has been created by a fan named Menchoy.

I won't keep you in suspense any longer. Check out this fantastic custom here. It really is a very creative and cool piece. And it's huge!!!

Check it out and than discuss the utter coolness...
Credit(s): Toy News International
Re: Masterpiece Generation One Dinobot Slag Custom (321743)
Posted by Anonymous on September 3rd, 2007 @ 6:28pm CDT
Doesn't really scream "masterpiece" to me. More like "oversize deluxe kitbash".
Re: Masterpiece Generation One Dinobot Slag Custom (321751)
Posted by Gutter Bunny on September 3rd, 2007 @ 6:31pm CDT
*cough* beat by 4minutes!

i love my job :grin:
Re: Masterpiece Generation One Dinobot Slag Custom (321753)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on September 3rd, 2007 @ 6:32pm CDT
OH MY GOD.

Can anyone say......gorgeous!?!? I love it! It's customs like these that really make me wish I could do stuff like this. This thing is really a great custom. The creator should think about sending designs & concepts of this to TakaraTomy. Still, this is amazing. All I wanna know is where the huge sword & missile launcher is.
Re: Masterpiece Generation One Dinobot Slag Custom (321781)
Posted by one wing angel on September 3rd, 2007 @ 6:54pm CDT
kinda cool
Re: Masterpiece Generation One Dinobot Slag Custom (321793)
Posted by CyberTooth on September 3rd, 2007 @ 7:01pm CDT
It's not bad, but the torso's a little long and the arms look a little short. Where's his tail?
Re: Masterpiece Generation One Dinobot Slag Custom (321798)
Posted by NebulanFree on September 3rd, 2007 @ 7:03pm CDT
Saw this over on TFMaster.com months ago.

It's great work.

You should all check out his MP Grimlock bash.
Re: Masterpiece Generation One Dinobot Slag Custom (321845)
Posted by Heavy B on September 3rd, 2007 @ 7:25pm CDT
bigger then prime? i didnt think they came bigger then prime
Re: Masterpiece Generation One Dinobot Slag Custom (321852)
Posted by UltraPrimal on September 3rd, 2007 @ 7:27pm CDT
I wouldn't say it's a masterpiece. Looks more like the G1 toy, just more articulated. And lanky. Way to lank and disproportionate to me considered a "masterpiece". Nice figure, but it would have been a lot better if he looked more like the G1 Slag in robot mode.
Re: Masterpiece Generation One Dinobot Slag Custom (321862)
Posted by 1337W422102 on September 3rd, 2007 @ 7:32pm CDT
Re: Masterpiece Generation One Dinobot Slag Custom (321873)
Posted by Tigertrack on September 3rd, 2007 @ 7:35pm CDT
Let's see you whiners and complainers do better... :)

Gutter Bunny-- 4 minutes doesn't count. I'm writing making links, making sure it's how I want it.

Sorry that you beat me, but I did look first!!! :)
Re: Masterpiece Generation One Dinobot Slag Custom (321881)
Posted by UltraPrimal on September 3rd, 2007 @ 7:40pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:Let's see you whiners and complainers do better... :)

Sorry that you beat me, but I did look first!!! :)

What do you guys work on commission or something? :P
Re: Masterpiece Generation One Dinobot Slag Custom (321890)
Posted by Redimus GTS on September 3rd, 2007 @ 7:44pm CDT
1337W422102 wrote:Proportions are off in places. As epic as this is, it doesn't feel 'Masterpiece' to me...

[color=red]What he said.

Also, how is it newsworthy?

There are pletny of kitbashes and customs in the kitbash part of the forum, they never get any spotlight, what about that Jin guy's movie redos? Now THOSE are newsworthy.[/color]
Re: Masterpiece Generation One Dinobot Slag Custom (321896)
Posted by Sideshow Sideswipe on September 3rd, 2007 @ 7:47pm CDT
Good to know that although TFMaster is dead (RIP) the kitbashing community is still making beautiful works of art. Anyone see Masterpiece Warpath? OMG

Re: Masterpiece Generation One Dinobot Slag Custom (321899)
Posted by Briggs on September 3rd, 2007 @ 7:48pm CDT
Slow down with the whinning and complaining.

Some of us didn't know this existed, until now. So thanks for posting.
Re: Masterpiece Generation One Dinobot Slag Custom (321911)
Posted by CyberTooth on September 3rd, 2007 @ 7:51pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:Let's see you whiners and complainers do better... :)

You know, I should get back to building Grimlock.
Re: Masterpiece Generation One Dinobot Slag Custom (321919)
Posted by Gasper on September 3rd, 2007 @ 7:54pm CDT
So the tail ISN'T part of the transformation? I wonder if there is a place to store it? Or if it's a "weapon?"

Looks awesome though.
Re: Masterpiece Generation One Dinobot Slag Custom (321920)
Posted by magnusupreme on September 3rd, 2007 @ 7:55pm CDT
shouldn't I get some credit as well as toys new international but looks awesome
Re: Masterpiece Generation One Dinobot Slag Custom (321963)
Posted by Vectorshot on September 3rd, 2007 @ 8:17pm CDT
Wow, if I could do that I'd create the combiner groups on a larger scale.
Re: Masterpiece Generation One Dinobot Slag Custom (321964)
Posted by stellforest on September 3rd, 2007 @ 8:18pm CDT
he look cool i woter wen he is coming seen i am geting rodimus
Re: Masterpiece Generation One Dinobot Slag Custom (322012)
Posted by Nemesis Maximus on September 3rd, 2007 @ 8:54pm CDT
That is one awesome custom!!! Not only that it is to scale with the way the Dinobots were depicted in the Gen 1 cartoon. A great custom Job indeed!! I would like to see actual masterpieces made of more Dinobots and other transformers, especially one of Galvatron and Cyclonus! Once again awesome custom!!

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #144 - Don't Touch That Dial