Meet Ford's Latest Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Character Torque

Transformers News: Meet Ford's Latest Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Character Torque

Friday, November 2nd, 2012 8:02PM CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 39,628

MotorAuthority has unveiled another Transformers: Fall of Cybertron character based on a Ford vehicle. This time it's Torque, an Autobot based on the Ford Ranger (not for sale in the U.S.) with Wildtrak trim package. Like Falcatron fan input was used to determine color and faction. Ford plans to use the character in some upcoming promotional materials check him out below.

Re: High Moon Studios and Ford Australia to Create Aussie Transformers Ford Falcon
Credit(s): MotorAuthority, padfoo

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Meet Ford's Latest Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Character Torque (1436511)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on November 2nd, 2012 @ 8:13pm CDT
Re: Meet Ford's Latest Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Character Torque (1436516)
Posted by PrymeStriker on November 2nd, 2012 @ 8:49pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:TORQUE transforms from Ranger, to robot, to supercomputer, to Air Raid's Targetmaster rifle! Er, no, wait...

G1 Torque was not a Targetmaster. He wasn't even in G1. The torque rifle was just the name of Air Raid's weapon choice.

The supercomputer was TORQ III, not Torque.
Re: Meet Ford's Latest Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Character Torque (1436517)
Posted by Rated X on November 2nd, 2012 @ 9:04pm CDT
I like him. He has a very classics look. But he should have been a Chevy Avalanche instead.
Re: Meet Ford's Latest Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Character Torque (1436524)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on November 2nd, 2012 @ 9:40pm CDT
TBH, the robot mode is nothing new. Just looks like Ironhides arms, Primes legs, and the front of the truck for the chest with the halving thing like what movie/prime bumblebee has. Meh.
Vehicle looks sweet though, with the windshields that style too.
Re: Meet Ford's Latest Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Character Torque (1436590)
Posted by TheEggmaster on November 3rd, 2012 @ 12:03am CDT
So they have time to turn a Ford Torque into a robot dut they dont have time to fix one freaking patch. Serioulsy high moon :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BOOM: :BOOM: :-x :-x :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: also if they do this again, the next one should be a con :CON: :CON:
Re: Meet Ford's Latest Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Character Torque (1436608)
Posted by Ultra Markus on November 3rd, 2012 @ 12:54am CDT
Great, an autobot that turns into a Ford, hope he doesn't rust like one
Re: Meet Ford's Latest Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Character Torque (1436610)
Posted by Burn on November 3rd, 2012 @ 1:12am CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:Great, an autobot that turns into a Ford, hope he doesn't rust like one

Or get found on rubbish dumps.
Re: Meet Ford's Latest Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Character Torque (1436632)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on November 3rd, 2012 @ 2:36am CDT
Burn wrote:

Or get found on rubbish dumps.

I'm used to Found On Road Dead
Rubbish dumps :lol: , you aussies and your walunga goolachops
Re: Meet Ford's Latest Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Character Torque (1436637)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on November 3rd, 2012 @ 2:50am CDT
Re: Meet Ford's Latest Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Character Torque (1436638)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on November 3rd, 2012 @ 2:58am CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:So they can waste time making stupid promo crap & books no one wants but they cant take a day or two to make a patch? Think its time to run up to gamestop & trade in FoC. I cant at least get some of the $60 i wasted on that half assed game. But anyway the new ford ranger looks like crap, but its a good alt mode to pick since they are extremely hard to kill.

What do you play on? I still think the multiplayer is tons of fun till this day even after having some roughed out games. I play on PC and my only real problems are the lack of players sometimes, roughed out lag (but tons of games have lag so whatever) and the annoying moments when colliding with another player while your in alt mode and they're in bot mode, and you get shot violently through the floor collision to get trapped under the map. What problems do you guys encounter?

Btw, sick avatar.
Re: Meet Ford's Latest Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Character Torque (1436651)
Posted by noctorro on November 3rd, 2012 @ 5:12am CDT
I got stomped through the map 3 times in PS3, in all the thousand hours I played.

Sometimes there's a bit of lag, but then I just rejoin and get a better match.

NO SERIOUS PROBLEMS HERE, half assed game, have you even played singleplayer? It's a great game!

I also think torrent people would complain about the game :)
Re: Meet Ford's Latest Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Character Torque (1436675)
Posted by MGrotusque on November 3rd, 2012 @ 9:02am CDT
I believe the term "character" is used loosely in regards to this new promotional vehicle.
Re: Meet Ford's Latest Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Character Torque (1436718)
Posted by ricemazter on November 3rd, 2012 @ 1:52pm CDT
Are these promotions leading up to anything concrete like dlc or something? If not it's a cool idea but not really notworthy. Personally I'd like to see Highmoon introduce some transformers prime skins into the game, as I'm really a fan of the new of the new tf asthetic.
Re: Meet Ford's Latest Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Character Torque (1436720)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on November 3rd, 2012 @ 1:53pm CDT
They should give us a figure ala Aveo Swerve.
Re: Meet Ford's Latest Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Character Torque (1436755)
Posted by retrothomas on November 3rd, 2012 @ 3:54pm CDT
I'm surprised to see so many complaints about patching the game. I've been playing it almost daily since launch and am quickly closing in on Prime Mode. The only issue I have is with the Scientist's Gear Shredder, which seems a bit overpowered at the moment.

High Moon has been attentive up until now, haven't they? I remember two balance patches and have bought all three packs of DLC. I've been thrilled with Fall of Cybertron and it's been a huge gift to me as a Transformers fan.

Love this concept art, too. I plan on buying their art book for Christmas since I love their style. I like their aesthetic and it's cool seeing bots with real world alt modes!
Re: Meet Ford's Latest Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Character Torque (1436939)
Posted by PaxCybertron82 on November 4th, 2012 @ 8:34am CST
Okay, I may be a little late to get on the knowledge train here, but....what's the bottom line of this, will he be available in the game? Made as a toy? Just a car commercial?
Re: Meet Ford's Latest Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Character Torque (1436952)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on November 4th, 2012 @ 10:50am CST
Cool! I love the Cybertron aesthetic. Now that it's applied to real-world vehicles, I can visualise the type of Transformers I'd want mine to look (I'm writing my own fan-fic :P)

I definitely prefer the look of 'Falcotron' (despite the name), but I also like Torque, despite the fact that the only really defining alt. mode visage is his chest...Looks a bit 'bolted on'. :P

(BTW, I know he's generally grumpy, but does anyone else get the feeling that MegatronWolf is just here to complain? Every new story; there he is whinging about stuff...Sometimes I wonder if he is actually a Transformers fan...! Haha I know you're free express your own opinion, but seriously...Positivity! XD)
Re: Meet Ford's Latest Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Character Torque (1436954)
Posted by retrothomas on November 4th, 2012 @ 10:57am CST
Re: Meet Ford's Latest Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Character Torque (1436962)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on November 4th, 2012 @ 12:02pm CST
retrothomas wrote:I know exactly what you mean, Swiftknife. I like to imagine what "my own" real world vision of Transformers is. I prefer the IDW/High Moon type of look to the Bayverse idea. I would love to see a bunch more concept art from High Moon of real world stuff! I love the heck out of their team.

Awesome! Not that I don't like the Bayverse look (and credit where credits due for the ILM team), but High Moon Transformers are much more 'distinct' and if they were applied to cinematic universe, then people would see them more as actual characters than just 'robots'. ^^

(I know, characterisation is down to writing too, but it'd help! Haha)

AM
Re: Meet Ford's Latest Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Character Torque (1436971)
Posted by Atomatron on November 4th, 2012 @ 1:00pm CST
looks classicsy enough to me , that the figure should be made and painted into trailbreaker and hoist

Ending Soon On eBay

Hasbro Transformers Generations IDW 30th Anniversary RHINOX New in Box - Time Remaining: 6 days 11 hours 33 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Pretenders 1988 Roadgrabber - Time Remaining: 4 days 18 hours 35 minutes 41 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 4 GENERATIONS DELUXE CLASS SNARL SERIES M4 #10 DINOSAUR FIGURE!! - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 54 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers 4 Age of Extinction GALVATRON & HOUND Voyager Class Generations AOE - Time Remaining: 6 days 7 hours 24 minutes 6 seconds
Transformers Autobot BumbleBee Hasbro Series 2 Minicar 1985 AFA Graded - Time Remaining: 5 days 18 hours 25 minutes 28 seconds
TRANSFORMERS MOVIE BRAWL DELUXE COMP. 2007 FREE S/H - Time Remaining: 5 days 6 hours 56 minutes 39 seconds
TRANSFORMERS ROTF DELUXE AUTOBOT SKIDS MINT COMP. 2009 FREE S/H - Time Remaining: 5 days 13 hours 59 minutes 37 seconds
TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON SERIES  HUGE MEGATRON WITH KEY - Time Remaining: 5 days 1 hour 30 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016