Michael Bay Briefly Talks "Transformers 2" With 'E! Online'

Transformers News: Michael Bay Briefly Talks "Transformers 2" With 'E! Online'

Wednesday, October 24th, 2007 2:34PM CDT

Categories: Live Action Movie News, People News, Digital Media News, Interviews
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 20,611

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

A very short and sweet interview with Michael Bay...

:
E! Online caught up with Transformers director Michael Bay at Hollywood Film Festival's Hollywood Awards and asked about the sequel:

So, where do you go with it? How do you up the stakes?
It's not about upping it. It's about still keeping the heart.

Any new characters coming in?
Oh, yeah…a lot of fun stuff. I keep telling the writers, remember the heart and the magic, remember the heart and the magic. It's not about being bigger.

DreamWorks is targeting a June 26, 2009 release date for the follow-up.


To read the original interview click here. Then join in the chat by clicking the 'discuss' button, or adding a comment in the comment box below.

Keep it tuned here for more Seibertron.com Movie News.
Credit(s): Robinson
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Michael Bay Briefly Talks "Transformers 2" With 'E! Online' (419819)
Posted by First Gen on October 24th, 2007 @ 2:50pm CDT
Sounds good for short and vague, which would be any project analysis two years before its release.

Gotta buy stock in HASBRO within the next 6 months.
Re: Michael Bay Briefly Talks "Transformers 2" With 'E! Online' (419827)
Posted by korean-ironhide on October 24th, 2007 @ 2:56pm CDT
i want wheeljack in the next movie, hes krunk
and rebuild jazz!
Re: Michael Bay Briefly Talks "Transformers 2" With 'E! Online' (419830)
Posted by 1337W422102 on October 24th, 2007 @ 2:56pm CDT
What 'heart and magic'? Is that code for T&A? Or 'explosions and CGI'?
Re: Michael Bay Briefly Talks "Transformers 2" With 'E! Online' (419839)
Posted by Sonray on October 24th, 2007 @ 3:02pm CDT
So far so good.
Re: Michael Bay Briefly Talks "Transformers 2" With 'E! Online' (419854)
Posted by Seibertron on October 24th, 2007 @ 3:11pm CDT
1337W422102 wrote:What 'heart and magic'? Is that code for T&A? Or 'explosions and CGI'?


Steven Spielberg's "A boy and his car", the part of the story many people seem to overlook that's the key part of the 1st Transformers Movie.
Re: Michael Bay Briefly Talks "Transformers 2" With 'E! Online' (419889)
Posted by First-Aid on October 24th, 2007 @ 3:36pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
1337W422102 wrote:What 'heart and magic'? Is that code for T&A? Or 'explosions and CGI'?


Steven Spielberg's "A boy and his car", the part of the story many people seem to overlook that's the key part of the 1st Transformers Movie.

Naaaa...more booms! More booms! more booms! Me want more BOOMS! And Bigger bots! bring on the noise! Make it rain! Give a glimpse of Cybertron! Show me the money! You got the Touch! Fire! Brimstone! Rivers and Seas boiling! 40 years of Darkness! Earthquakes! Volcanoes! Human Sacrifice! Dogs and Cats living together! Mass hysteria!!
Re: Michael Bay Briefly Talks "Transformers 2" With 'E! Online' (419905)
Posted by Nemesis Cyberplex on October 24th, 2007 @ 3:49pm CDT
lodelco wrote:I'm all for keeping the magic and the heart but what is this about 'bigger'?

New Transformers, aircraft carrier and that rumour about Devestator...thats definitely big.
No, remember.....Devastator was in the first movie(Brawl)....so they can't have him in any other movies as multiple robots that make a big one, because that would confuse people.....

:?
Re: Michael Bay Briefly Talks "Transformers 2" With 'E! Online' (419929)
Posted by Robinson on October 24th, 2007 @ 4:07pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
1337W422102 wrote:What 'heart and magic'? Is that code for T&A? Or 'explosions and CGI'?


Steven Spielberg's "A boy and his car", the part of the story many people seem to overlook that's the key part of the 1st Transformers Movie.

Naaaa...more booms! More booms! more booms! Me want more BOOMS! And Bigger bots! bring on the noise! Make it rain! Give a glimpse of Cybertron! Show me the money! You got the Touch! Fire! Brimstone! Rivers and Seas boiling! 40 years of Darkness! Earthquakes! Volcanoes! Human Sacrifice! Dogs and Cats living together! Mass hysteria!!

No touchy.

She's a dog, my girlfriends a dog.
Re: Michael Bay Briefly Talks "Transformers 2" With 'E! Online' (419936)
Posted by Agent 007 on October 24th, 2007 @ 4:13pm CDT
Sweet new characters! come on Jetfire!
Re: Michael Bay Briefly Talks "Transformers 2" With 'E! Online' (419980)
Posted by opjet on October 24th, 2007 @ 4:39pm CDT
jetfire maybe please lord let jf be in tf2
Re: Michael Bay Briefly Talks "Transformers 2" With 'E! Online' (419991)
Posted by Toyotus Superion on October 24th, 2007 @ 4:46pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:
Robinson wrote:[quote]E! Online caught up with Transformers director Michael Bay at Hollywood Film Festival's Hollywood Awards and asked about the sequel:

So, where do you go with it? How do you up the stakes?
It's not about upping it. It's about still keeping the heart.

Any new characters coming in?
Oh, yeah…a lot of fun stuff. I keep telling the writers, remember the heart and the magic, remember the heart and the magic. It's not about being bigger.

DreamWorks is targeting a June 26, 2009 release date for the follow-up.


See? He's not the ego driven monster that everyone has him pegged to be. It's a shame.

And I'm glad he said what he said...I think he finally gets it now.[/quote]

Well, listening to the movie commentary, hes still ego driven. But I think he did right by us with the first movie and will do even better with the 2nd!
Re: Michael Bay Briefly Talks "Transformers 2" With 'E! Online' (420002)
Posted by dragons on October 24th, 2007 @ 4:55pm CDT
heart and magic at least you know hes making just to make money and to get lucky that it does well as the first one or not theres not to many directors that care about the film seires but bay sounds like he does and the way hes talking the sequel will be better and bigger than the first no doubt.
Re: Michael Bay Briefly Talks "Transformers 2" With 'E! Online' (420015)
Posted by Roll_Out on October 24th, 2007 @ 5:08pm CDT
I happy to hear he is looking to keep the same feel of the first move for #2.

I hate it when sequels don't feel like there predecessors. for example: The Matrix sequels, the Pirates sequels, The Riddick movies.
Re: Michael Bay Briefly Talks "Transformers 2" With 'E! Online' (420033)
Posted by Bouncy X on October 24th, 2007 @ 5:18pm CDT
well say whatever you will about Bay, he's the dude who waited almost 10yrs between Bad Boys sequels when he could have easily just spewed another out right away....so at the very least, if he does a sequel he seems to wanna make sure its worthy. now lets hope it doesnt take 10yrs for this but just saying. lol
Re: Michael Bay Briefly Talks "Transformers 2" With 'E! Online' (420043)
Posted by Malikon on October 24th, 2007 @ 5:25pm CDT
I was impressed with him when I found out he cut 30 percent of his income to make sure that the film was made in the US with his own crew. I like that loyalty, that he wants to use his own people even if it comes out of his pocket directly.
Re: Michael Bay Briefly Talks "Transformers 2" With 'E! Online' (420102)
Posted by i_amtrunks on October 24th, 2007 @ 5:52pm CDT
By heart he means money right?
Re: Michael Bay Briefly Talks "Transformers 2" With 'E! Online' (420193)
Posted by Blozor on October 24th, 2007 @ 6:50pm CDT
Great, more humans.
Re: Michael Bay Briefly Talks "Transformers 2" With 'E! Online' (420209)
Posted by Rushie on October 24th, 2007 @ 7:00pm CDT
Blozor wrote:Great, more humans.

No, not 'more' humans. He said not to make things bigger. So there won't be more humans, just the same people with the TFs guest starring again ;)
Re: Michael Bay Briefly Talks "Transformers 2" With 'E! Online' (420216)
Posted by D-340 on October 24th, 2007 @ 7:05pm CDT
Sounds like we're in for more humans, explosions, T&A, and not enough TFs, and zero character development for the Decepticons. Yippee. :roll:
Re: Michael Bay Briefly Talks "Transformers 2" With 'E! Online' (420222)
Posted by Nemesis Cyberplex on October 24th, 2007 @ 7:06pm CDT
Toyotus Superion wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
Robinson wrote:[quote]E! Online caught up with Transformers director Michael Bay at Hollywood Film Festival's Hollywood Awards and asked about the sequel:

So, where do you go with it? How do you up the stakes?
It's not about upping it. It's about still keeping the heart.

Any new characters coming in?
Oh, yeah…a lot of fun stuff. I keep telling the writers, remember the heart and the magic, remember the heart and the magic. It's not about being bigger.

DreamWorks is targeting a June 26, 2009 release date for the follow-up.


See? He's not the ego driven monster that everyone has him pegged to be. It's a shame.

And I'm glad he said what he said...I think he finally gets it now.


Well, listening to the movie commentary, hes still ego driven. But I think he did right by us with the first movie and will do even better with the 2nd![/quote]You know, I didn't get that version of the movie, but I was curious....is his commentary pretty much 2 hours of fan bashing? Because that's what I can imagine it to be.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers G1 Devastator Excavator Scavenger New MIB UNUSE Constructicon AFA - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 3 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers G1 Junior Jr Soundblaster Mint New MIB UNUSED Rare Japan Boxed - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 3 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers G1 Junior Jr Trypticon Mint New MIB UNUSED Rare Japan Boxed - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 48 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers G1 Masterpiece MP-04 Optimus Prime AFA Case Fresh C9.5 Authentic - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 18 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars BRAKEDOWN Mosc New Menasor Generations Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 18 hours 5 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars CHEETOR Complete Fox Kids Repaint Figure - Time Remaining: 8 days 11 hours 42 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Mecha Nation MN002 Black Optimus Prime Convoy LED figure Kids Logic - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 17 minutes 56 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Prime Micron AM07 Starscream Action Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 36 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory
Twincast / Podcast #156:
"Gestalt Theory"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, September 24th, 2016