Transformers News: Michael Bay Offers Clarification on the Transformers: Age of Extinction Hong Kong Filming Altercation

Thursday, October 17th, 2013 1:43PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, People News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 31,350

Michael Bay has posted a message on his official website regarding the recently reported altercation during the Transformers: Age of Extinction Hong Kong filming. He confirms the incident did take place, but states not all the details that are circulating are accurate. See his statement below:

Michael Bay wrote:Hi, it’s Michael.
Yes, the story is being passed around is not all true! Yes, some drugged up guys were being belligerent asses to my crew for hours in the morning of our first shoot day in Hong Kong. One guy rolled metal carts into some of my actors trying to shake us down for thousands of dollars to not play his loud music or hit us with bricks.

Every vendor where we shot got paid a fair price for our inconvenience, but he wanted four times that amount. I personally told this man and his friends to forget it we were not going to let him extort us. He didn’t like that answer. So an hour later he came by my crew as we were shooting, carrying a long air conditioner unit. He walked right up to me and tried to smack my face, but I ducked threw the air unit on the floor and pushed him away. That’s when the security jumped on him. But it took seven big guys to subdue him. It was like a Zombie in Brad Pitt’s movie World War Z—he lifted seven guys up and tried to bite them. He actually bit into one of the guards Nike shoe, insane. Thank god it was an Air Max, the bubble popped, but the toe was saved.

Then it took fifteen Hong Kong cops in riot gear to deal with these punks. In all, four guys were arrested for assaulting the officers.

After that, we had a great day shooting here in Hong Kong.
Credit(s): MichaelBay.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Michael Bay Offers Clarification on the Transformers: Age of Extinction Hong Kong Filming Altercation (1524449)
Posted by noctorro on October 17th, 2013 @ 2:10pm CDT
Free advertisment, free advertisment everywhere.

Lol story, I lolled
Re: Michael Bay Offers Clarification on the Transformers: Age of Extinction Hong Kong Filming Altercation (1524452)
Posted by VirusCarnage on October 17th, 2013 @ 2:27pm CDT
Lmao this is just too funny, I don't even care about the fact that the filming was probably delayed, but just how I've 3 different sides of this story today is just hilarious.
Re: Michael Bay Offers Clarification on the Transformers: Age of Extinction Hong Kong Filming Altercation (1524454)
Posted by Rated X on October 17th, 2013 @ 2:48pm CDT
With the amount of secrecy, rumors, and lies that Michael Bay puts into his filmaking, how can he expect anyone to believe this statement ? >:oP

Lets just wait for a youtube video to surface and see what really went down... :michaelbay:
Re: Michael Bay Offers Clarification on the Transformers: Age of Extinction Hong Kong Filming Altercation (1524456)
Posted by Meantoy on October 17th, 2013 @ 2:50pm CDT
Im pretty sure it happened just like Bay said.....lol not. Like the saying goes: More than meets the eye lol prob alot more. :lol: :APPLAUSE: Best news ive seen about this "Blockbuster movie franchise" :lol: Made my day. :HEADHURTS: :-B
Re: Michael Bay Offers Clarification on the Transformers: Age of Extinction Hong Kong Filming Altercation (1524465)
Posted by EnergonPoopShoot on October 17th, 2013 @ 3:32pm CDT
Re: Michael Bay Offers Clarification on the Transformers: Age of Extinction Hong Kong Filming Altercation (1524466)
Posted by njb902 on October 17th, 2013 @ 3:35pm CDT
EnergonPoopShoot wrote:F#@& the global economy, film the next movie in the US or similar country not plagued with human rights concerns or issues of freedom.

You won't find one.
Re: Michael Bay Offers Clarification on the Transformers: Age of Extinction Hong Kong Filming Altercation (1524500)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on October 17th, 2013 @ 8:26pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:

PrymeStriker wrote:I was thinking some crazed Transformers fan actually carried out his threat. Huh. >:oP

I hope we're better than that. We have to be.

With the irrational, overblown, hate filled, nonsense I've seen some people post, I wouldn't be surprised if someone actually did that.
Re: Michael Bay Offers Clarification on the Transformers: Age of Extinction Hong Kong Filming Altercation (1524501)
Posted by TimothyR on October 17th, 2013 @ 8:26pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
hinomars19 wrote:Blimey, Chinese mobs in this day and age (that's not racism, by the way)
I'm guessing nobody was too injured from the article, that's good.
Man, what if Bay actually went full on action star like the characters he directs :michaelbay: :shock:

For a minute when I saw the news post I thought maybe a faction of the TF fandom had finally cracked over his portrayal of Transformers. :P

If I can just clarify, this post is kinda tongue in cheek. I'm not racist to the Chinese (I really like the oriental half of the world, actually), I do not find violence toward anyone funny, and even if I am starting to really dislike Micheal Bays handling of the franchise, I do not expect or condone hate from the fandom. :BOT:

Why so defensive? Call a spade a spade kimosabe!

Call a spade a spade?? Well...in that case I'm going to have to call the rest of you who are promoting and reveling in the attempts at violence against Bay complete and total assholes and piss poor representatives of our fandom and quite possibly the lowest form of human life on the planet. Disgusting little pukes is what you people are. You may not like his work and you are well entitled to that opinion but to wish violence upon him simply because YOU don't happen to agree with his style of film making? **** You, you arrogant little bastards! I hope somebody beats the holy living **** out of YOU people because, quite frankly, you all offend the hell out of me and are an insult and an abomination to this entire fandom.

There... pisses you all off, doesn't it? Offended, ready to lash back at me and rip me a new one, get me banned or just plain jump up in my face? Then think about how everyone else that YOU attack feels!! Sucks, doesn't it?

Now, the question is... are any of you actually going to learn anything from this or do I have to make my inflammatory example above an actual hard and fast, true-to-life opinion of how you folks REALLY are? I would hate to think that my fellow fans are really like that but honestly, many of you make it VERY easy to accept that belief.

Mods... you know me by now, you know I have done stuff like this in the past simply to get folks to think, to open their eyes, to view things differently and see how their actions affect others and how they are representing this site to the rest of the world. You know I do this because I actually give a damn about my fellow fans and how we are represented out there so having said this, do what you will with me.

VERY well said.
Re: Michael Bay Offers Clarification on the Transformers: Age of Extinction Hong Kong Filming Altercation (1524504)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 17th, 2013 @ 8:42pm CDT

This is mildly funny anyway, I've seen funnier shit happen with wackos in my own neighborhood. Though I woulda liked to see Bay duck into the AC unit.
Re: Michael Bay Offers Clarification on the Transformers: Age of Extinction Hong Kong Filming Altercation (1524507)
Posted by Ultra Markus on October 17th, 2013 @ 9:07pm CDT
everyones kung fu fighting......
Re: Michael Bay Offers Clarification on the Transformers: Age of Extinction Hong Kong Filming Altercation (1524550)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on October 18th, 2013 @ 4:33am CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:Dude, your taking this all too seriously. People ranting and exagerating their hatred is probably as old as cavemen. You can put away your soapbox, I'm sure 99% of the people who make threats out of hate for the movies are just doing so to personify their hatred for the movies, and aren't even violent natured folk. There's enough real violence regarding real issues to get mad about, chill out.

If you want to act like a caveman, fine. Make a Michael Bay effigy and beat it with a club if you want to, I don't care. But this forum is open for the world to see and you're making us all look like whiny man-children with severe antisocial disorders. Normal people don't spend their free time shoving their irrational and over blown hatred down everyone's throats every chance they get. Especially when it's about something as trivial as a movie series that's approaching it's 4th installment.
Re: Michael Bay Offers Clarification on the Transformers: Age of Extinction Hong Kong Filming Altercation (1524554)
Posted by Sodan-1 on October 18th, 2013 @ 4:49am CDT
Sounds like prime material for a GTA dlc mission and/or bonus content on the disc release.
Re: Michael Bay Offers Clarification on the Transformers: Age of Extinction Hong Kong Filming Altercation (1524562)
Posted by Metrosuplex on October 18th, 2013 @ 7:44am CDT
Evil_the_Nub wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:

I hope we're better than that. We have to be.

Just incredibly self-important and egotistical to assume it HAD to be fans. If Michael Bay is right about his explanation, it had nothing to do with fans (as I would expect it to have nothing to do with TF fans).

People can be belligerent to extort money or just out of blind racism/xenophobia.

Some of you guys need to stop taking the forums so seriously, and stop taking them as an accurate representation of TF fandom - the fact is that a lot more TF fans do NOT post, compared to the few that post some rabid replies.

I'm sure China is more embarrassed than anyone else (or should be). They haven't looked that stupid since the arrival of the Olympic teams wearing gas masks! :roll:
Re: Michael Bay Offers Clarification on the Transformers: Age of Extinction Hong Kong Filming Altercation (1524563)
Posted by Brianstrom on October 18th, 2013 @ 7:51am CDT
Re: Michael Bay Offers Clarification on the Transformers: Age of Extinction Hong Kong Filming Altercation (1524564)
Posted by njb902 on October 18th, 2013 @ 7:57am CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:
Evil_the_Nub wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:

I hope we're better than that. We have to be.

Or maybe some of us have seen real violence and struggle to deal with it. Maybe some of us believe that if you desensitize yourself to violence it's easier to commit.
Re: Michael Bay Offers Clarification on the Transformers: Age of Extinction Hong Kong Filming Altercation (1524574)
Posted by MagnetarPrime on October 18th, 2013 @ 9:06am CDT

that is what you get for making stupid movies. >:oP
Re: Michael Bay Offers Clarification on the Transformers: Age of Extinction Hong Kong Filming Altercation (1524578)
Posted by njb902 on October 18th, 2013 @ 9:23am CDT
MagnetarPrime wrote:so Bay was going to get his face smashed by a long air conditioner unit LMAO !!!!!

that is what you get for making stupid movies. >:oP

So where is the line drawn for the acceptability of assault? A bad cup of coffee, a long wait at the checkout, a late delivery, or hell maybe your significant other mouths off to you a little? So where?
Re: Michael Bay Offers Clarification on the Transformers: Age of Extinction Hong Kong Filming Altercation (1524633)
Posted by Tyrannacon on October 18th, 2013 @ 2:38pm CDT
Look, it's okay to not like the movies, but these are human beings and we should show some sort of compassion for what happened. My personal opinions aside here about the films, I honestly am glad no one was seriously hurt.
Re: Michael Bay Offers Clarification on the Transformers: Age of Extinction Hong Kong Filming Altercation (1524694)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 18th, 2013 @ 7:53pm CDT
Evil_the_Nub wrote:

Blah blah soapbox banter blah blah. The only thing abnormal is caring so much about what others think. No one is going to think your a sociopath for being a tf fan anyway, and if they're on the forums, they already know the realities that any fandom has "extremists". Given the rules I've read in this forum, if your offended with someone's post, report it, and save us having to read your chunks of text all about how bad we are, stabbing at the fandom as a whole and actually weakening our unity, not to mention souring the vibe of the thread.
Re: Michael Bay Offers Clarification on the Transformers: Age of Extinction Hong Kong Filming Altercation (1524695)
Posted by njb902 on October 18th, 2013 @ 8:02pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:
Evil_the_Nub wrote:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil
is that good men do nothing.