Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon

Transformers News: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon

Sunday, June 19th, 2011 10:05PM CDT

Category: Movie News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 34,882

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Michael Bay has revealed that it was Steven Spielberg who demanded Megan Fox be fired from Dark Of The Moon. This is according to a few UK websites including the Mirror.

They say that Spielberg was outraged after Fox compared Bay to Hitler on his sets. Michael Bay insists that he was not hurt by the comment. This news is being reported as coming from Bay himself.

He said: “You know the Hitler thing? Steven said: ‘Fire her right now.’”
Credit(s): Mirror
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243039)
Posted by Captziltoid on June 19th, 2011 @ 10:08pm CDT
haha!!! goodbye to ugly lady!!!
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243041)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 19th, 2011 @ 10:09pm CDT
Good job Spielberg...good job.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243042)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 19th, 2011 @ 10:11pm CDT
I can actually compare myself to Bay at this moment. When someone calls me a name, I just try to shrug it off and go my way, but there's always that friend who wants revenge. ;) The one time I respect Bay... is the time he fired Megan Fox. Weird, huh? :lol:
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243044)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 19th, 2011 @ 10:12pm CDT
Captziltoid wrote:haha!!! goodbye to ugly lady!!!


You monster! :sad: 8-}
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243048)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on June 19th, 2011 @ 10:17pm CDT
Huh. I always assumed Spielberg is one of the nicest guys in Hollywood. So Spielberg wanting to fire Fox must've been extreme.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243050)
Posted by Galvatron X on June 19th, 2011 @ 10:20pm CDT
Hmm, she makes a comment about Hitler - and a guy named Steven SPIELBERG immediately fires her.

I'm shocked!
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243051)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 19th, 2011 @ 10:21pm CDT
Galvatron X wrote:Hmm, she makes a comment about Hitler - and a guy named Steven SPIELBERG immediately fires her.

I'm shocked!


I GET IT! 8) I'm cool.

What if Spielberg is the reincarnation of Hitler! And wants to start a film holocaust in Hollywood!? No!!!
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243056)
Posted by Tyrannotaur on June 19th, 2011 @ 10:27pm CDT
Considering Spielberg is of Jewish faith I'd think that the Hitler comment probably offended him. I don't wanna bring religion into this and I respect Steven Spielberg, he is one of my favorite directors, and in no way speak for him. Megan Fox is hot and all but she needs to learn not to shoot her mouth off to the press. Especially when the Transformers movie series is her only real success (though I did like Jennifer's Body).
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243058)
Posted by originaldave77 on June 19th, 2011 @ 10:27pm CDT
That was the right call. She was very petulant and disrespectful of the production that brought her much fame and fortune. Sure the job can be grueling and difficult, but the payoff is enormous - don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Yes it was a joke, but ultimately an insensitive remark as well. The poor comparison (citing Hitler) would automatically inflame Spielberg no question. He obviously has much regard for WWII and history in general.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243059)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on June 19th, 2011 @ 10:28pm CDT
lol what a stupid reason. Not that I really care if she was in the movie or not.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243060)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 19th, 2011 @ 10:29pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:
Galvatron X wrote:Hmm, she makes a comment about Hitler - and a guy named Steven SPIELBERG immediately fires her.

I'm shocked!


I GET IT! 8) I'm cool.

What if Spielberg is the reincarnation of Hitler! And wants to start a film holocaust in Hollywood!? No!!!


-as Spielberg- They know too much! Now I need to hire hitmen! 8-} 8-} 8-}
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243064)
Posted by Captziltoid on June 19th, 2011 @ 10:33pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Captziltoid wrote:haha!!! goodbye to ugly lady!!!


You monster! :sad: 8-}





well in the first movie i actually thought she was kinda ok. specially the part where she was looking at bbs engine and we could see her stomach. i like hard stomachs like that. but in the sec one she has fake lips and a couple other facial things that just make her look like the bride of frankenstien. plus rosie looks like a way better actress and just seems to have a little better attitude.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243065)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 19th, 2011 @ 10:35pm CDT
There's a reason to include Spielberg into the Hall of Fame! :P

Regardless of race/religion, comparing somebody to Hitler is just despicable. Glad people can get fired over that.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243068)
Posted by leviebaby on June 19th, 2011 @ 10:37pm CDT
michael bay please stop making fake ascuses please i know and half you know he fired her because she wouldnt dress sexy its bs youll take bay side rrealy you can say bs about me but i wont see the movie not because no megan fox but it went down hill youll can hating fox but youll imature drunk punks who act like mature go gaga for bay but the truth is he wanted her dress sexy spillberg retire please
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243070)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 19th, 2011 @ 10:38pm CDT
well i was wrong about spielberg not doing anything on the movies other than putting his name on them, thanks to him the franchise is one step closer to being good. Still would have liked to see her fired cause they finally realized that shes a horrible actress and not as good looking as every one thinks but this works too. Thanks Steve, you've earned your place in the Transformers Hall of fame.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243072)
Posted by leviebaby on June 19th, 2011 @ 10:40pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:well i was wrong about spielberg not doing anything on the movies other than putting his name on them, thanks to him the franchise is one step closer to being good. Still would have liked to see her fired cause they finally realized that shes a horrible actress and not as good looking as every one thinks but this works too. Thanks Steve, you've earned your place in the Transformers Hall of fame.

realy realy wtf you smoke and drink et sucked
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243074)
Posted by leviebaby on June 19th, 2011 @ 10:42pm CDT
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243080)
Posted by Capt.Failure on June 19th, 2011 @ 10:55pm CDT
He said: “You know the Hitler thing? Steven said: ‘Fire her right now.’”


As they say in some circles:

PWNED!!!

This should also put the antisemetic theories about RotF to rest. If Spielburg was willing to fire Fox over this then it's safe to assume that theory is totally baseless.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243107)
Posted by ninjascythe79 on June 19th, 2011 @ 11:32pm CDT
the new girl isn't as hot.i know plenty of "ladies men" in this forum will disagree but that my opinion and most of the people who i've talked to (including my girlfriend).too bad but as we all know you can piss off your boss a little but you piss off your boss's boss and thats it.espescially on those taboo subjects such as religion.(speilberg is a jew but not just any jew the one who directed shindlers list)yeah she probably didn't give it a thought but that statement may have cost her career in hollywood.speilberg is one of the guys you don't piss off.and he's not the only powerful jew in hollywood either.so come to think of it what is her next project?there are a lot of hot girls in hollywood.let's hope she uses her real talents and starts adult films lol
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243113)
Posted by Kibble on June 19th, 2011 @ 11:42pm CDT
While surely it was a poor choice to compare Bay to Hitler, I highly doubt there was any anti-semitism intended in the comment whatsoever. I'm sure she was just saying Bay is a dictator-like control freak on set. If this is true and that's the reason, it's pretty pathetic that Spielberg is that much of a sensitive, PC puss.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243125)
Posted by Capt.Failure on June 20th, 2011 @ 12:07am CDT
Kibble wrote:While surely it was a poor choice to compare Bay to Hitler, I highly doubt there was any anti-semitism intended in the comment whatsoever. I'm sure she was just saying Bay is a dictator-like control freak on set. If this is true and that's the reason, it's pretty pathetic that Spielberg is that much of a sensitive, PC puss.


While I agree that being PC is bad there are a few places you just don't go. Calling your Jewish boss Hitler (Bay is Jewish) is one of those places.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243126)
Posted by harvester on June 20th, 2011 @ 12:07am CDT
Spielberg's issue with hitler and nazis are from after doing Schindler's list (mostly). It's another reason he didn't include nazis in the last Indiana Jones movie at all. He couldn't take them light heartily anymore. Imagine your own grandparents going through all that stuff and you might be just as scarred. If he wasn't Jewish, then I would say he was being a little holier-than-thou but since he and his family WERE affected by it, then I would say it's pretty understandable.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243136)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on June 20th, 2011 @ 12:30am CDT
Steven Spielberg...You have earn my respect ! Now you're definitely deserve a place in the hall of fame :D.

leviebaby wrote:michael bay please stop making fake ascuses please i know and half you know he fired her because she wouldnt dress sexy its bs youll take bay side rrealy you can say bs about me but i wont see the movie not because no megan fox but it went down hill youll can hating fox but youll imature drunk punks who act like mature go gaga for bay but the truth is he wanted her dress sexy spillberg retire please


Dude...Are you "high" or something? Cause your english doesnt really make any sense. The only sense it have...Atleast to me is that you're drunk or "high" >.>...
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243152)
Posted by omega666 on June 20th, 2011 @ 12:54am CDT
He said: “You know the Hitler thing? Steven said: ‘Fire her right now.’”

Awesome.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243159)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on June 20th, 2011 @ 1:12am CDT
Kibble wrote:While surely it was a poor choice to compare Bay to Hitler, I highly doubt there was any anti-semitism intended in the comment whatsoever. I'm sure she was just saying Bay is a dictator-like control freak on set. If this is true and that's the reason, it's pretty pathetic that Spielberg is that much of a sensitive, PC puss.

That's exactly what it was, she said Bay was alike a dictator on set but off the set he was socially awkward. She made a boneheaded comparison and everyone is jumping on one line that was taken out of context.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243160)
Posted by optimusprime58316 on June 20th, 2011 @ 1:14am CDT
now i am definitely not watching dotm. if free speech is being frowned upon in this establishment i am not supporting. oh hell the whole entire darn thing was all wrong to begin with. There was no transformers theme song anywhere in the movies. Part 2 was a disgrace besides the whole devastator scene. The most important idea they got right out of the whole thing was they got the original voice over actor Peter Cullen to do Optimus Prime. They should have had Frank Welker do Megatron and not Hugo Weaving even thou Hugo isnt a bad actor. They should have kept it real to the old G1 movie. But shame on Steven Spilberg for abuse his power to think he is God because he has more money than Megan Fox. He is just being a old bully that was probably mad that he could get no nookie from Megan. She is way to hot for him anyway. Transformers will forever be ruined for me. THey finally brought back the trailer for optimus even though optimus is mostly a semi truck duh! Thanks hasbro for not protecting what made them big and selling these darn transformers for way more than they r worth and selling part that should have been include with the toy and letting third party goon get rich off of suffering of the customers. :-x
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243163)
Posted by krenger99 on June 20th, 2011 @ 1:25am CDT
Galvatron X wrote:Hmm, she makes a comment about Hitler - and a guy named Steven SPIELBERG immediately fires her.

I'm shocked!



Lmao! No kidding. That seems like an abuse of power to me. People should be allowed to have an opinion, even if it's not popular with "the boss" (or his friend). I mean seriously. And then, if the movie is going to use the same lame ass reason for her not being there as the comic book did, well that's just BS covered in weak-sauce. Especially after all the wasted build up of who will admit love first in the second movie... ! This news actually makes me dislike Spielberg a bit. That's one of the lamest excuses for taking away someone's job.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243165)
Posted by Shadowman on June 20th, 2011 @ 1:33am CDT
optimusprime58316 wrote:oh hell the whole entire darn thing was all wrong to begin with. There was no transformers theme song anywhere in the movies.


Arrival to Earth is used more-or-less as the theme to the movies, although an orchestral version of "New Divide" was used more often in ROTF.

optimusprime58316 wrote:The most important idea they got right out of the whole thing was they got the original voice over actor Peter Cullen to do Optimus Prime. They should have had Frank Welker do Megatron and not Hugo Weaving even thou Hugo isnt a bad actor.


Uh, other people have played Optimus and Megatron before, dude. I actually kind of prefer David Kaye over Frank Welker.

optimusprime58316 wrote:They should have kept it real to the old G1 movie.


And the movie would have bombed, because no one wants to watch a kid's cartoon from the '80s for 2 hours.

optimusprime58316 wrote:But shame on Steven Spilberg for abuse his power to think he is God because he has more money than Megan Fox. He is just being a old bully that was probably mad that he could get no nookie from Megan.


No, dude, he's a Jewish man who doesn't appreciate his friends and co-workers being called Hitler. That, and she's a shit actress anyway, I'm amazed she even got work after the first movie.

optimusprime58316 wrote:Transformers will forever be ruined for me.


Wow, I've never heard someone use those exact words before. It sounds exactly as silly as I thought it would.

optimusprime58316 wrote:THey finally brought back the trailer for optimus even though optimus is mostly a semi truck duh!


And? Optimus never even did anything with his trailer before even when he did have it. It's most notable feature was that it would just disappear when he transformed. And considering what he does in the movies he didn't really need it.

krenger99 wrote:Lmao! No kidding. That seems like an abuse of power to me. People should be allowed to have an opinion, even if it's not popular with "the boss" (or his friend).


Well, she's a crappy actress, she's apparently more egotistical than Bay, and she used an insult that Spielberg found massively offensive. Turns out, if you piss off your boss, he's allowed to fire you. That's part of having a job.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243167)
Posted by Lastjustice on June 20th, 2011 @ 1:40am CDT
optimusprime58316 wrote

Blah blah blah


This post broke my fanboy detector. I would have tossed my two energon cubes on the matter, but Shadowman already cleaned up before me heh.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243173)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on June 20th, 2011 @ 2:16am CDT
I don't think I've heard many actors or actresses ever nay-say their director, in all the extra footage of movies i've seen. This one stuck out, but I don't believe this was the entire reason for firing her, but simply an easy reason to make it happen. I think they just didn't like working with her; probably didn't want the negative energy around the set causing any more bumps with an already huge scale movie. But thats just what I think, who knows what's said behind closed doors.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243175)
Posted by Alex Jones on June 20th, 2011 @ 2:29am CDT
krenger99 wrote:
Galvatron X wrote:Hmm, she makes a comment about Hitler - and a guy named Steven SPIELBERG immediately fires her.

I'm shocked!



Lmao! No kidding. That seems like an abuse of power to me. People should be allowed to have an opinion, even if it's not popular with "the boss" (or his friend). I mean seriously. And then, if the movie is going to use the same lame ass reason for her not being there as the comic book did, well that's just BS covered in weak-sauce. Especially after all the wasted build up of who will admit love first in the second movie... ! This news actually makes me dislike Spielberg a bit. That's one of the lamest excuses for taking away someone's job.


I am with some of the previous posts on this thread about the PC nonsense. At heart I am a libertarian and do believe that free speech in this country (USA) protects controversial comments and not just idle talk about the weather. However, considering that Speilberg is head of the company or production that is producing Transformers and pays everyone's salary, he may have a right to fire some one for whatever reason. We may have a right to free speech but we are not entitled to a job.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243177)
Posted by Pot Bot on June 20th, 2011 @ 2:34am CDT
Im not so sure free speech exists anywhere anymore, i know in the UK its nearly impossible to say anything anymore.

A point that was proven when a police officer informed my parents that they cant mention to anyone, even other people that know that there is someone in the street on a certain list. If they do mention it, they could get prosecuted!!!!
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243182)
Posted by Capt.Failure on June 20th, 2011 @ 2:45am CDT
Pottermus_Prime wrote:Im not so sure free speech exists anywhere anymore, i know in the UK its nearly impossible to say anything anymore.

A point that was proven when a police officer informed my parents that they cant mention to anyone, even other people that know that there is someone in the street on a certain list. If they do mention it, they could get prosecuted!!!!


I believe in the case of Megan Fox you are confusing "suppressing free speach" with "saying something idiotic that p*ssed off your boss and got you fired." There's a major difference between the two.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243185)
Posted by Warbreaker on June 20th, 2011 @ 2:52am CDT
optimusprime58316 wrote:tl;dq

lol
Shadowman wrote:Uh, other people have played Optimus and Megatron before, dude. I actually kind of prefer David Kaye over Frank Welker.

David Kaye did a lovely job for Animated Optimus as well.
Shadowman wrote:And the movie would have bombed, because no one wants to watch a kid's cartoon from the '80s for 2 hours.

The point I've always been looking for. Well done.
optimusprime58316 wrote:Transformers will forever be ruined for me.

Tfwiki needs to quote you in their RUINED FOREVER article.

Anyways. I'm glad she's gone, I'm sick and tired of all the remarks from fanbois that her 'hawtness' is the only thing good in the movies. Their tears are delicious. And if she really was acting all spoilt across the entire set, so much the better for the staff. So maybe Mr. Spielberg needs to loosen up a little. Just a little. Other than that, this is just a powerful lesson to never let your mouth run off on remarks that can touch a raw nerve in others. Especially if they're your superiors.

I mean seriously, she looks like a brain-dead doll with puffed up lips in the second movie. I'm all for better acting at the 'sacrifice' of 'good looks', will be looking forwards to Rosie's performance in DOTM.

P.S. google image for 'megan fox toe thumb' and enjoy.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243188)
Posted by Burn on June 20th, 2011 @ 2:59am CDT
Not sure why political correctness is coming into this. This is Spielberg, the guy is passionate about his faith to the point he made Schiendler's List, he's very serious about the holocaust, you know, the thing that Hitler was responsible for!

And political correctness aside, she insulted her boss publicly. Last I checked that wasn't overly acceptable.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243189)
Posted by Pot Bot on June 20th, 2011 @ 3:05am CDT
Burn wrote:Not sure why political correctness is coming into this. This is Spielberg, the guy is passionate about his faith to the point he made Schiendler's List, he's very serious about the holocaust, you know, the thing that Hitler was responsible for!

And political correctness aside, she insulted her boss publicly. Last I checked that wasn't overly acceptable.


Buy the point is i've worked in a fair few places, in fact probably everywhere ive ever worked the boss gets called little hitler, or hitler, or nazi or something.

I couldnt care less which stars are in the film, its the robots i go to see. However i hardly think she was saying bay is a nut job responsible for killing millions, its an insult i bet 99% of bosses around the world have been called, i know i have when ive been in a management position.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243191)
Posted by Burn on June 20th, 2011 @ 3:13am CDT
She ran her mouth off about the boss and got fired. Plain and simple.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243192)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on June 20th, 2011 @ 3:14am CDT
Warbreaker wrote:P.S. google image for 'megan fox toe thumb' and enjoy.


:HALUC: :SICK:
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243193)
Posted by Pot Bot on June 20th, 2011 @ 3:17am CDT
Burn wrote:She ran her mouth off about the boss and got fired. Plain and simple.


Fair enough point, but if that were a perfect reason for being fired, then probably 95% of the world population would be fired, the mistake she made was putting it in the public. The point of free speech is that you should be free to say whatever, whenever you feel.

But im sure if it doesnt leave a gaping plot hole, and her replacement does a good job im sure it'll all be forgotten.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243194)
Posted by Burn on June 20th, 2011 @ 3:19am CDT
The mistake she made was making such a comment about someone who's associate clearly has a vested interest in the horrors that Hitler perpetuated.

You say other bosses get called that, but i'm betting they don't have an interest in the holocaust like Speilberg does.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243196)
Posted by ShinkenPrime on June 20th, 2011 @ 3:25am CDT
Some people are talking about free speech and PC. Here's the thing. She has every legal option to speak however she wants. However, freedom of speech also allows others to say things in response to that statement.

Freedom of speech is about your ability to make a comment. Not necessarily about your ability to avoid taking responsibility for the comment.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243197)
Posted by Pot Bot on June 20th, 2011 @ 3:29am CDT
Burn wrote:The mistake she made was making such a comment about someone who's associate clearly has a vested interest in the horrors that Hitler perpetuated.

You say other bosses get called that, but i'm betting they don't have an interest in the holocaust like Speilberg does.


I bet some do. Speilberg is not the only one that the horrors affect. Im not saying she had every right to say what she did, or that it was in good taste. But freedom of speech doesnt dictate it has to be nice

"Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers"


I dont know how freedom of speech affects the USA, but here it used to be the case of say how you feel, but now you cant say anything without being slaughtered.

A radio DJ was fired for calling someone a Draconian Nazi, all ends of freedom of speech supporters, Liberty and a few others backed him saying it was wrong, but freedom of speech.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243204)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 20th, 2011 @ 4:20am CDT
I don't think PC has anything to do with it.

Let's go over the list, shall we?

1.) She made comments about the fans and not wanting them to have a figure of her.

2.) Her interviews show her as being completely bitchy.

3.) She constantly made ungrateful comments.

4.) The letter from the crew was proven to be true, last I heard. None of it was positive.

5.) To round that out, she called Bay Hitler, on a production controlled by a Jewish producer.

She got fired for all of it. To call her hardworking director the name of the man responsible for the deaths of SIX MILLION Jews within earshot of her Jewish producer is not only stupid, but incredibly insensitive and offensive.

Not only to Bay, who's related to a Jewish man (Leonard Nimoy), but also to Spielberg, who was greatly affected by the Holocaust and Hitler's horrendous run.

I don't fault him for canning her. She was given numerous chances to act right and fly straight. She never did it. To top it off, she was incredibly insensitive at the very least.

She got canned. It happens when you do stupid stuff as she has.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243206)
Posted by Pot Bot on June 20th, 2011 @ 4:27am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:I don't think PC has anything to do with it.

Let's go over the list, shall we?

1.) She made comments about the fans and not wanting them to have a figure of her.

2.) Her interviews show her as being completely bitchy.

3.) She constantly made ungrateful comments.

4.) The letter from the crew was proven to be true, last I heard. None of it was positive.

5.) To round that out, she called Bay Hitler, on a production controlled by a Jewish producer.

She got fired for all of it. To call her hardworking director the name of the man responsible for the deaths of SIX MILLION Jews within earshot of her Jewish producer is not only stupid, but incredibly insensitive and offensive.

Not only to Bay, who's related to a Jewish man (Leonard Nimoy), but also to Spielberg, who was greatly affected by the Holocaust and Hitler's horrendous run.

I don't fault him for canning her. She was given numerous chances to act right and fly straight. She never did it. To top it off, she was incredibly insensitive at the very least.

She got canned. It happens when you do stupid stuff as she has.



Ive actually had a read up on the bits and bobs of what she's said and done and maybe she did go too far with all the things combined, and yes it is offensive.

I aint going to go any further into it because we all have opinions, and all are valid from different view points.

Im focusing on getting to seeing it next week!!!
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243207)
Posted by craggy on June 20th, 2011 @ 4:34am CDT
how apt that a forum post regarding comments in a British tabloid have so many posts with as many informed, accurate opinions being relayed as fact as an average Daily Mail article.

Quite honestly, I wasn't any part of the decision to hire or fire Megan Fox, nor have I ever been involved with her in any kind of film-making process, so have no idea what has led to her not being in this latest Transformers movie. Part of me really just thinks that she must have asked for too much money this time around. The way that her character was used in the first 2 films, it's not something that really needs a high paycheck or talented actor. She is eye-candy, little more. I do think she was better at looking good than Shia was at whatever he was supposed to be doing.

If it was this one comment that got her fired, fair enough. As people have said, that is the price you can pay sometimes for free speech. If Bay and his guys simply thought they'd be better off getting someone easier to work with (less high maintenance/cheaper/more willing to get naked/better acting/whatever) then also fair enough. Personally, I would have preferred that we didn't have to go through any scenes where they set up the new love interest so there was more room for robot action. I think that any tension that might be put into the film because of the girl being in danger will lose impact now because rather than it being someone who has stuck with our main character since he was a loser in the first film, to a saviour of mankind with all sorts of cool robot friends, it's some new randomness he's hooked up with. Finally, I find Fox a lot hotter than Whitely but that's even more subjective than anything else I've said this whole post.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243210)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on June 20th, 2011 @ 4:52am CDT
Come on guys... we all know free-speech is a farce, right?....
Piss off the wrong person, and watch that freedom fade quicker than waspinators dignity
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243219)
Posted by Burn on June 20th, 2011 @ 5:09am CDT
craggy wrote:how apt that a forum post regarding comments in a British tabloid have so many posts with as many informed, accurate opinions being relayed as fact as an average Daily Mail article.


It didn't originate in the Daily Mail, not sure where it originated from but it has appeared on different news services around the world.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243224)
Posted by craggy on June 20th, 2011 @ 5:14am CDT
ah, Burn. I was meaning that some of the stuff at the start of the thread reads like the Daily Mail. At least this page isn't too bad. Some opinions being given as such, and quotes which may as well be true because I'm not invested in this discussion enough to bother checking them. :P
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243236)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 20th, 2011 @ 5:49am CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:Come on guys... we all know free-speech is a farce, right?....
Piss off the wrong person, and watch that freedom fade quicker than waspinators dignity


Free speech is not the issue here. She's free to say what she wants, and did. There's nothing that entitles her to remain employed after being insensitive to her bosses and everyone involved.

Bosses can read your Facebook profile and fire you due to defamatory, insensitive, or otherwise offensive comments and remarks. Some of which reflect badly on the company. That's a punishable offense.

Look at this situation in the same light, for a moment.

She made fun of the people who write her checks. She made fun of the movies that made her famous. She called her director the name of a mass murderer.

To the outside world looking in, it looks like:

1.) It's okay to talk about Hitler in front of the people who were affected greatly by the man's actions.

2.) It's okay to mock the movie and crew working on it, because she did it. (good for the goose and gander, all that jazz.)

3.) It's okay to make crude and offensive comments towards the audience that helped make her famous, and made them money.

4.) It says Spielberg, Hasbro, Paramount and Dreamworks are fine with this. I mean, obviously it must be, because they decided to keep her, right?

That's not how it works. They bent over backwards to keep her, and all she could do was attack them on all fronts. She finally crossed one too many lines and suffered for it.

She's welcome to say what she wants, but she has no right to expect to keep her job. If you and I did the same thing, the same result would happen. For once, a star didn't receive special treatment.
Re: Michael Bay Reveals Why Megan Fox Was Fired From Dark Of The Moon (1243238)
Posted by Pot Bot on June 20th, 2011 @ 5:59am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:Come on guys... we all know free-speech is a farce, right?....
Piss off the wrong person, and watch that freedom fade quicker than waspinators dignity


Free speech is not the issue here. She's free to say what she wants, and did. There's nothing that entitles her to remain employed after being insensitive to her bosses and everyone involved.

Bosses can read your Facebook profile and fire you due to defamatory, insensitive, or otherwise offensive comments and remarks. Some of which reflect badly on the company. That's a punishable offense.

Look at this situation in the same light, for a moment.

She made fun of the people who write her checks. She made fun of the movies that made her famous. She called her director the name of a mass murderer.

To the outside world looking in, it looks like:

1.) It's okay to talk about Hitler in front of the people who were affected greatly by the man's actions.

2.) It's okay to mock the movie and crew working on it, because she did it. (good for the goose and gander, all that jazz.)

3.) It's okay to make crude and offensive comments towards the audience that helped make her famous, and made them money.

4.) It says Spielberg, Hasbro, Paramount and Dreamworks are fine with this. I mean, obviously it must be, because they decided to keep her, right?

That's not how it works. They bent over backwards to keep her, and all she could do was attack them on all fronts. She finally crossed one too many lines and suffered for it.

She's welcome to say what she wants, but she has no right to expect to keep her job. If you and I did the same thing, the same result would happen. For once, a star didn't receive special treatment.


Actually, someone at my partners place of work was fired due to slagging her boss off on facebook, one of the other employees reported it, however she took the company to a tribunal and got reinstated due to a breach of her human rights.

I agree now ive looked into it that she went too far when you combine everything, and maybe the Hitler comment was too far (actually as ive already said it was amazingly bad taste, but something that is commonplace for the working class here), but you cant be sacked for saying something the boss doesnt like (unless racist or blatantly illegal), warned yes, sacked no.

However, as stated it does seem that she was given more than her fair share of warnings, so in light of that, yes, deserved to go. (If in fact she was sacked, and didnt walk off like she stated).

Click here to view an additional 184 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014