Michael Bay: Transformers 2 Coming Soon with Lots of New, Unique Robots

Transformers News: Michael Bay: Transformers 2 Coming Soon with Lots of New, Unique Robots

Monday, December 31st, 2007 7:18PM CST

Categories: Movie News, People News
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 78,896

Michael Bay, director of the Transformers Movie, has posted on his official site to wish fans a happy new year and to give us a little update regarding Transformers 2.

Here's what he had to say:

I want to thank Nelson for running such a good site!

For the millions of viewers that logged on this year I want to thank you for the support. Transformers 2 will be coming soon. The new robots are really really unique and there are a lot of them this time.

I WANT EVERYONE TO HAVE A GREAT HAPPY HEALTHY NEW YEAR.

Your friend,

Michael

You can see the original post on Michael Bay's site by clicking here
Credit(s): Michael Bay, michaelbay.com
Re: Michael Bay: Transformers 2 Coming Soon with Lots of New, Unique Robots (589981)
Posted by Wheelimus Prime on December 31st, 2007 @ 7:32pm CST
shouldnt this be a rumour cuase the dreamworks ( or some thing like that) said they were leaking false info :-?

--- but i hope the arent lying [size=50]peaple that lie to me have a habit of dissappearing :twisted: ing[/size]
Re: Michael Bay: Transformers 2 Coming Soon with Lots of New, Unique Robots (589984)
Posted by Omega Charge on December 31st, 2007 @ 7:36pm CST
Yeah, Michael is supposed to lie or something, right?
But I can't help feeling excited. :D
Re: Michael Bay: Transformers 2 Coming Soon with Lots of New, Unique Robots (589990)
Posted by bumblezzz on December 31st, 2007 @ 7:41pm CST
I think he will lie about spoilers, this really isn't a spoiler, but if it is true it will be awesome, I wonder who the new bots will be???
Re: Michael Bay: Transformers 2 Coming Soon with Lots of New, Unique Robots (589995)
Posted by Heavy B on December 31st, 2007 @ 7:47pm CST
GOD DAMN RUMORS.......GOD DAMN MICHAEL BAY....HELP US OUT HERE
Re: Michael Bay: Transformers 2 Coming Soon with Lots of New, Unique Robots (590001)
Posted by Skowl on December 31st, 2007 @ 7:49pm CST
Yeah, they say they would leak false info, but anything "straight from the horse's mouth," as it were, is considered official.
Re: Michael Bay: Transformers 2 Coming Soon with Lots of New, Unique Robots (590003)
Posted by Omega Charge on December 31st, 2007 @ 7:50pm CST
many more robots...looks like we're facing a full scale war!
Re: Michael Bay: Transformers 2 Coming Soon with Lots of New, Unique Robots (590007)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on December 31st, 2007 @ 7:56pm CST
Happy New Year to you too Mr Bay, and why not, To All of You as Well!!!

Still, I can't help but envision popsicle stick puppet bots when I think of unique and intresting :???:
Re: Michael Bay: Transformers 2 Coming Soon with Lots of New, Unique Robots (590011)
Posted by Autobot032 on December 31st, 2007 @ 7:59pm CST
They didn't take the time to flesh out the characters in the first movie (humans included) and now they're throwing a bunch of new robots in the mix?

Why?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the first film, but there were many parts of it that were paper thin. What will this be? Can you go below paper thin?

Oh yeah...Uwe Boll.
Re: Michael Bay: Transformers 2 Coming Soon with Lots of New, Unique Robots (590016)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on December 31st, 2007 @ 8:03pm CST
Unique as in brand new characters and names or as in new transformations and looks but with stolen names from previous transformer incarnations?
Re: Michael Bay: Transformers 2 Coming Soon with Lots of New, Unique Robots (590036)
Posted by magnusupreme on December 31st, 2007 @ 8:29pm CST
sweet
Re: Michael Bay: Transformers 2 Coming Soon with Lots of New, Unique Robots (590040)
Posted by Hoistimus on December 31st, 2007 @ 8:33pm CST
And we're all just supposed to ignore the fact that the script is not complete and on hold due to the writer's strike and what was a release date seems to have been deleted from any recent sources. The list of 'new' movies in 2009 is going to be short unless things change over the next few months to get scripts completed so movies can be made.

Oh well, it wouldn't bother me much if there were not many movies to watch, I'd be able to catch up on all the ones I missed already and there's still a lot of holes in my TF collection to work on if there isn't a TF2 movie line to collect.
Re: Michael Bay: Transformers 2 Coming Soon with Lots of New, Unique Robots (590043)
Posted by Jazzz on December 31st, 2007 @ 8:38pm CST
wait but this is false info so it should be the opposite.
So what he really means is:

I want nelson to die,
I think the millions of people who logged on need to get a life.
Transformers 2 is coming in 2013. The robots won't have any feelings. And there won't be any new bots!

Have a crappy new year. And get cancer.

Michael

or not. I want more robots and to be healthy.
Re: Michael Bay: Transformers 2 Coming Soon with Lots of New, Unique Robots (590057)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on December 31st, 2007 @ 9:05pm CST
Well, everything with a grain of salt until I see it.
Re: Michael Bay: Transformers 2 Coming Soon with Lots of New, Unique Robots (590065)
Posted by Autobot Jazz on December 31st, 2007 @ 9:17pm CST
I hope to see Whelljack & Prowl in the new movie & have Prowl duke it out with Barricade
Re: Michael Bay: Transformers 2 Coming Soon with Lots of New, Unique Robots (590071)
Posted by Orion_Prime48 on December 31st, 2007 @ 9:40pm CST
Re: Michael Bay: Transformers 2 Coming Soon with Lots of New, Unique Robots (590074)
Posted by Jaz-Zen on December 31st, 2007 @ 9:43pm CST
I have mixed feelings about TF2. On the one hand, based on how Hasbro has milked the Movie line so far, if TF2 has lots of TFs, then maybe each one will only be repainted once, instead of, what, 4 or 5 times?? :P But on the other hand, lots of TFs may just mean EVEN MORE characters to repaint a million times. :?

I DO wonder if all the surviving TFs from the first Movie will be in TF2, as well as a whole bunch of new TFs, and if they are, if they'll have the same vehicle modes? It seems unlikely. I mean, Movie Bumblebee (Camaro) is awesome, but I doubt that Hasbro will want to release the same figure again, since "everyone" will already have at least one version from the first Movie.
Re: Michael Bay: Transformers 2 Coming Soon with Lots of New, Unique Robots (590085)
Posted by Skowl on December 31st, 2007 @ 10:10pm CST
Orion_Prime48 wrote:Its hard to tell whats true and and whats false with info regarding tf2 right now

It's easy:

If Michael Bay, or any of the people involved in the movie, say something - IT'S LEGIT.

If something is LEAKED, it's a RUMOUR until we have official proof that proves it's legitimacy.
Re: Michael Bay: Transformers 2 Coming Soon with Lots of New, Unique Robots (590090)
Posted by thedistinctroom on December 31st, 2007 @ 10:23pm CST
I know they are leaking false information, but this does not sound fishy to me.
Re: Michael Bay: Transformers 2 Coming Soon with Lots of New, Unique Robots (590122)
Posted by SnipeShade on December 31st, 2007 @ 11:31pm CST
huh. Anything about MORE robots is good to me. As long it's not more humans. :roll:

Please o please make a pre-war cybertron version too. haha. I'm actually curious to see some false leak rumors and stuff. Just to see the level of what the legit bots will be. :)
Re: Michael Bay: Transformers 2 Coming Soon with Lots of New, Unique Robots (590135)
Posted by Ultra Magnus on December 31st, 2007 @ 11:42pm CST
He seems pretty optimistic, considering the Writer's Guild strike. Still, I'll believe it when I see it.
B-)