Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed

Transformers News: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed

Wednesday, August 27th, 2014 8:32AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: mooncake623   Views: 23,990

Seibertron.com member Sabrblade just dropped by and pointed us to TFYUKI's twitter page where he revealed that Million Publishing Generations Shouki has Gun Mode.

You can check out the image TFYUKI shared imbedded below.

Transformers News: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed

Seibertron.com member Powered convoy also took a scan from the manga that shows off this gun mode being wielded by Goshooter

Transformers News: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed
Credit(s): TFYUKI
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602269)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 27th, 2014 @ 8:36am CDT
Let's add that to the list of "media-original modes":

- Sixshot Wingwolf Mode
- Overlord Super Jet Mode
- Black Zarak Dakatsu Mode
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602270)
Posted by hinomars19 on August 27th, 2014 @ 8:38am CDT
Basically...that means Astrotrain has a gun mode then?...
...
Why does he have to be in storage right now #-o
I still need to get Henkei Astrotrain. I much prefer that to Hasbro's toy white one I have. It just felt like a pointless double dip on a mold/character...however, If I get Henkei 'anime' Astro now, then white Astro can be Metroplex's new partner! 8-}

I can also cry into my knees over how never in a million (publishing :D ) years will I own Shouki! Why'd they have to make him homage Thunder Arrow/Skystalker? Must they make me want things I can not afford? :HEADHURTS:
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602280)
Posted by gothsaurus on August 27th, 2014 @ 9:17am CDT
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602281)
Posted by Rated X on August 27th, 2014 @ 9:20am CDT
Well I guess if you want to call that a gun, then its a gun. I can make a robot bananna fan mode out of astrotrain too. Ive learned my lesson with both stepper and artfire. Wait one year and they will be on sale half price. The combination of crackhead prices and obscure Japan only characters always leaves millions publishing figures clearance bound.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602285)
Posted by gothsaurus on August 27th, 2014 @ 9:27am CDT
Same goes for you, Rated X. Pics of this robot-banana... or it never happened.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602288)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 27th, 2014 @ 9:42am CDT
gothsaurus wrote:Aw, come on, JelZe GoldRabbit. You gotta post pics if you're going to reference such awesome-ness.

As you wish:

Black Zarak Dakatsu Mode

Overloard Super Jet Mode

Sixshot will have to wait, but allow me to give you some trivia: his Brave series retool Shadowmaru from Brave Police J-Decker did not advertise the gun mode of the mold. However, the producers of the show did sneak it into a single episode:

Overgrown, Overcharged, Owned. :lol:
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602289)
Posted by mooncake623 on August 27th, 2014 @ 9:44am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

As you wish:

Nice those pics are pretty sweet!

Rated X your turn I too would like to see this robot banana.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602293)
Posted by gothsaurus on August 27th, 2014 @ 10:03am CDT
Thanks!!!! That little video clip was e-p-i-c. Seeing the blast leave the planet and beam out into space really put the whole thing into scale. Sheesh.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602297)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 27th, 2014 @ 10:26am CDT
That was an unexpected but cool thing to add into this to make it 'seem' like you are getting more than just a repaint.

Shadowmaru wasted a lot of energy there. Should have had more enemies lined up in his sights first!

Thanks for sharing!
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602313)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 27th, 2014 @ 1:04pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Sixshot will have to wait,

Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602315)
Posted by gothsaurus on August 27th, 2014 @ 1:11pm CDT
Ha! Okay. I'm officially having fun in this thread.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602316)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 27th, 2014 @ 1:14pm CDT
Also, Powered Convoy took these toy pics of the gun mode I posted earlier:
Sabrblade wrote:Done in toy form with Astrotrain and Bumblebee:

Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602318)
Posted by Mkall on August 27th, 2014 @ 1:19pm CDT
I once read one of those alternate universe DC comics where this new generation of Superheroes appeared and were the only ones that could harm these alien creatures. Anyways one of their number had the ability to turn anything he was holding into a gun. I remember one scene where Superman was holding a bus, and this guy held it as a bazooka and shot a massive laserbeam.

This reminds me of that series.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602323)
Posted by Flashwave on August 27th, 2014 @ 1:36pm CDT
Were anyone else holding him, I would hesitate to call this a gun. But Metroplex, roasting someone with a space shuttle, oh hell yes
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602338)
Posted by Rated X on August 27th, 2014 @ 3:09pm CDT
mooncake623 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

As you wish:

Nice those pics are pretty sweet!

Rated X your turn I too would like to see this robot banana.

Im at work until 900 PM EST but when I get home Ill break out my bananna. ;)
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602346)
Posted by Caelus on August 27th, 2014 @ 4:21pm CDT
I can't get Metroplex to hold Astrotrain like that. Popped off Metroplex's thumb when I got close to managing it.

Edit: Though my Cybertron Galvatron finally has a proper fusion cannon, now.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602352)
Posted by Noideaforaname on August 27th, 2014 @ 5:20pm CDT
Suddenly, I really want that Astrotrain mold. Well, for another reason beyond "he's a space shuttle AND a train!"

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Let's add that to the list of "media-original modes":

Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602361)
Posted by Caelus on August 27th, 2014 @ 6:00pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:I kinda wish we'd see some Western media make up new modes like that. If mostly for the impression that the show/comic/whatever creators are aware of how their characters function instead of just making up stuff "because it's cool" and leaving HasTak to figure the technical stuff...

Yeah, the legacy's not so great. About the best we've had is Bulkhead's recliner mode in Transformers: Animated. Beast Wars had some great 'made up' weapons, like Tarantulas' shoulder cannon batteries, but that's not really the same...

Of course, for the more recent comics, there's a fair bit of artists just designing their own Transformers (with some striving to make them actually functional, and accounting for alternate transformations), but then never seeing them make it to a toy shelf. e.g., Figueroa's interpretation of Thunderwing.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602396)
Posted by Rated X on August 27th, 2014 @ 10:06pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

As you wish:

Nice those pics are pretty sweet!

Rated X your turn I too would like to see this robot banana.

Im at work until 900 PM EST but when I get home Ill break out my banana. ;)

And now I present to you Astrotrain's secret 5th mode...

The Robotic Banana !

Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602398)
Posted by Ultra Markus on August 27th, 2014 @ 10:19pm CDT
if only my metroplex could hold the astrotrain gun mode :-?

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem