Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed

Transformers News: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed

Wednesday, August 27th, 2014 8:32AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: mooncake623   Views: 22,158

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Seibertron.com member Sabrblade just dropped by and pointed us to TFYUKI's twitter page where he revealed that Million Publishing Generations Shouki has Gun Mode.

You can check out the image TFYUKI shared imbedded below.

Transformers News: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed

Seibertron.com member Powered convoy also took a scan from the manga that shows off this gun mode being wielded by Goshooter

Transformers News: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed
Credit(s): TFYUKI
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602269)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 27th, 2014 @ 8:36am CDT
Let's add that to the list of "media-original modes":

- Sixshot Wingwolf Mode
- Overlord Super Jet Mode
- Black Zarak Dakatsu Mode
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602270)
Posted by hinomars19 on August 27th, 2014 @ 8:38am CDT
Basically...that means Astrotrain has a gun mode then?...
...
Why does he have to be in storage right now #-o
I still need to get Henkei Astrotrain. I much prefer that to Hasbro's toy white one I have. It just felt like a pointless double dip on a mold/character...however, If I get Henkei 'anime' Astro now, then white Astro can be Metroplex's new partner! 8-}

I can also cry into my knees over how never in a million (publishing :D ) years will I own Shouki! Why'd they have to make him homage Thunder Arrow/Skystalker? Must they make me want things I can not afford? :HEADHURTS:
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602280)
Posted by gothsaurus on August 27th, 2014 @ 9:17am CDT
Aw, come on, JelZe GoldRabbit. You gotta post pics if you're going to reference such awesome-ness.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602281)
Posted by Rated X on August 27th, 2014 @ 9:20am CDT
Well I guess if you want to call that a gun, then its a gun. I can make a robot bananna fan mode out of astrotrain too. Ive learned my lesson with both stepper and artfire. Wait one year and they will be on sale half price. The combination of crackhead prices and obscure Japan only characters always leaves millions publishing figures clearance bound.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602285)
Posted by gothsaurus on August 27th, 2014 @ 9:27am CDT
Same goes for you, Rated X. Pics of this robot-banana... or it never happened.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602288)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 27th, 2014 @ 9:42am CDT
gothsaurus wrote:Aw, come on, JelZe GoldRabbit. You gotta post pics if you're going to reference such awesome-ness.


As you wish:

Black Zarak Dakatsu Mode
Image

Image

Overloard Super Jet Mode
Image

Image

Sixshot will have to wait, but allow me to give you some trivia: his Brave series retool Shadowmaru from Brave Police J-Decker did not advertise the gun mode of the mold. However, the producers of the show did sneak it into a single episode:



Overgrown, Overcharged, Owned. :lol:
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602289)
Posted by mooncake623 on August 27th, 2014 @ 9:44am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
gothsaurus wrote:Aw, come on, JelZe GoldRabbit. You gotta post pics if you're going to reference such awesome-ness.


As you wish:



Nice those pics are pretty sweet!

Rated X your turn I too would like to see this robot banana.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602293)
Posted by gothsaurus on August 27th, 2014 @ 10:03am CDT
Thanks!!!! That little video clip was e-p-i-c. Seeing the blast leave the planet and beam out into space really put the whole thing into scale. Sheesh.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602297)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 27th, 2014 @ 10:26am CDT
That was an unexpected but cool thing to add into this to make it 'seem' like you are getting more than just a repaint.

Shadowmaru wasted a lot of energy there. Should have had more enemies lined up in his sights first!

Thanks for sharing!
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602313)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 27th, 2014 @ 1:04pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Sixshot will have to wait,

Image
Image
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602315)
Posted by gothsaurus on August 27th, 2014 @ 1:11pm CDT
Ha! Okay. I'm officially having fun in this thread.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602316)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 27th, 2014 @ 1:14pm CDT
Also, Powered Convoy took these toy pics of the gun mode I posted earlier:
Sabrblade wrote:Done in toy form with Astrotrain and Bumblebee:
Image
Image
Image
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602318)
Posted by Mkall on August 27th, 2014 @ 1:19pm CDT
I once read one of those alternate universe DC comics where this new generation of Superheroes appeared and were the only ones that could harm these alien creatures. Anyways one of their number had the ability to turn anything he was holding into a gun. I remember one scene where Superman was holding a bus, and this guy held it as a bazooka and shot a massive laserbeam.

This reminds me of that series.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602323)
Posted by Flashwave on August 27th, 2014 @ 1:36pm CDT
Were anyone else holding him, I would hesitate to call this a gun. But Metroplex, roasting someone with a space shuttle, oh hell yes
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602338)
Posted by Rated X on August 27th, 2014 @ 3:09pm CDT
mooncake623 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
gothsaurus wrote:Aw, come on, JelZe GoldRabbit. You gotta post pics if you're going to reference such awesome-ness.


As you wish:



Nice those pics are pretty sweet!

Rated X your turn I too would like to see this robot banana.



Im at work until 900 PM EST but when I get home Ill break out my bananna. ;)
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602346)
Posted by Caelus on August 27th, 2014 @ 4:21pm CDT
I can't get Metroplex to hold Astrotrain like that. Popped off Metroplex's thumb when I got close to managing it.

Edit: Though my Cybertron Galvatron finally has a proper fusion cannon, now.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602352)
Posted by Noideaforaname on August 27th, 2014 @ 5:20pm CDT
Suddenly, I really want that Astrotrain mold. Well, for another reason beyond "he's a space shuttle AND a train!"

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Let's add that to the list of "media-original modes":

I kinda wish we'd see some Western media make up new modes like that. If mostly for the impression that the show/comic/whatever creators are aware of how their characters function instead of just making up stuff "because it's cool" and leaving HasTak to figure the technical stuff...
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602361)
Posted by Caelus on August 27th, 2014 @ 6:00pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:I kinda wish we'd see some Western media make up new modes like that. If mostly for the impression that the show/comic/whatever creators are aware of how their characters function instead of just making up stuff "because it's cool" and leaving HasTak to figure the technical stuff...


Yeah, the legacy's not so great. About the best we've had is Bulkhead's recliner mode in Transformers: Animated. Beast Wars had some great 'made up' weapons, like Tarantulas' shoulder cannon batteries, but that's not really the same...

Of course, for the more recent comics, there's a fair bit of artists just designing their own Transformers (with some striving to make them actually functional, and accounting for alternate transformations), but then never seeing them make it to a toy shelf. e.g., Figueroa's interpretation of Thunderwing.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602396)
Posted by Rated X on August 27th, 2014 @ 10:06pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
gothsaurus wrote:Aw, come on, JelZe GoldRabbit. You gotta post pics if you're going to reference such awesome-ness.


As you wish:



Nice those pics are pretty sweet!

Rated X your turn I too would like to see this robot banana.



Im at work until 900 PM EST but when I get home Ill break out my banana. ;)



And now I present to you Astrotrain's secret 5th mode...

The Robotic Banana !

Image
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602398)
Posted by Ultra Markus on August 27th, 2014 @ 10:19pm CDT
if only my metroplex could hold the astrotrain gun mode :-?
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602404)
Posted by MaverickPrime on August 27th, 2014 @ 11:02pm CDT
Reading all this makes me wonder, has there ever been an article about fanmodes? There should totally be one!
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602416)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 28th, 2014 @ 12:15am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Let's add that to the list of "media-original modes":

- Sixshot Wingwolf Mode
- Overlord Super Jet Mode
- Black Zarak Dakatsu Mode
There's at least one more. Cybertron Galvatron's "Death Cannon".

Image

Granted, not the best image, but it's the only one I could find. Here's a video clip of the configuration in question - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rk1xghdljw&list=PL3838764A443AE6F4#t=180
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602427)
Posted by hinomars19 on August 28th, 2014 @ 2:36am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Let's add that to the list of "media-original modes":

- Sixshot Wingwolf Mode
- Overlord Super Jet Mode
- Black Zarak Dakatsu Mode
There's at least one more. Cybertron Galvatron's "Death Cannon".

Image

Granted, not the best image, but it's the only one I could find. Here's a video clip of the configuration in question - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rk1xghdljw&list=PL3838764A443AE6F4#t=180


I think to try that out every time I watch Galaxy Force, but then forget again #-o
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602438)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 28th, 2014 @ 5:06am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Let's add that to the list of "media-original modes":

- Sixshot Wingwolf Mode
- Overlord Super Jet Mode
- Black Zarak Dakatsu Mode
There's at least one more. Cybertron Galvatron's "Death Cannon".

Image

Granted, not the best image, but it's the only one I could find. Here's a video clip of the configuration in question - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rk1xghdljw&list=PL3838764A443AE6F4#t=180


Cool, but I'll raise it with Devil Gigatron's Ultimate Hidden Mystery mode:

Image

Iron Mammoth! The Devil Ostrich aka the UHM... :lol: It's semi-official as it was revealed by the creator of the toy.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602450)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 28th, 2014 @ 8:04am CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Let's add that to the list of "media-original modes":

I kinda wish we'd see some Western media make up new modes like that. If mostly for the impression that the show/comic/whatever creators are aware of how their characters function instead of just making up stuff "because it's cool" and leaving HasTak to figure the technical stuff...
Mainframe did come up with this configuration, though:


Image
Image
Image
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1602553)
Posted by hinomars19 on August 28th, 2014 @ 5:51pm CDT
Well, I couldn't help it, I went searching for my Astro train! He was a bit fiddly to get into Metroplex's hand, but I think you have to take advantage of the recess on the inside of the hand opposite the thumb. Anyways, my Armada Overload was out (They are all in storage due to renovations, however this allowed me to pull out a few old favourites I haven't fiddled with in ages.) Overload's trailer is actually loads of fun for alternate modes, usually bases of some sort, however;

(please excuse the pic quality and the state of the room. Like I say, renovations. My entire house looks like this right now :BOOM: Overload is also missing a piece, it's in another box somewhere :oops: )

Image

The balance with Overload is non existent, only this pose is possible and he doesn't fix properly to the hand, he's just resting there, but it was still a fun experiment.

also;
Image

Shoulder cannon :D
Speaking of Overload's trailer having multiple base possibilities, did one Dreamwave pack in comic show something like that? Or was I imagining stuff?
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1603175)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on August 31st, 2014 @ 3:17pm CDT
That's pretty awesome! If I ever find a Metroplex, I'll be sure to have Overload stand in for Sixgun :-)
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1619582)
Posted by mooncake623 on November 4th, 2014 @ 10:27am CST
Thanks to HeroX via twitter we have some new images of the fan voted Million Publishing exclusive GoShooter, who is a redeco of Generations Nightbeat and his partner Shuta, a redeco of Generations Blazemaster. Check out the images we've mirrored below and remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1619586)
Posted by Cobotron on November 4th, 2014 @ 10:38am CST
Ya know, Nightbeat is my first experience with this mold and I really like him.
I agree he does have a ton of issues and the whole "gun thing", but there is something to be said for it's simplicity and efficiency. And it is just a really cool muscle car in alt mode.

I am really into Go Shooter's retro-ness. That deco is so cheesy and awesome.
This guy is an exclusive of sorts right?
So it will probably come with a high price tag, yeah?
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1619589)
Posted by mooncake623 on November 4th, 2014 @ 10:43am CST
Cobotron wrote:Ya know, Nightbeat is my first experience with this mold and I really like him.
I agree he does have a ton of issues and the whole "gun thing", but there is something to be said for it's simplicity and efficiency. And it is just a really cool muscle car in alt mode.

I am really into Go Shooter's retro-ness. That deco is so cheesy and awesome.
This guy is an exclusive of sorts right?
So it will probably come with a high price tag, yeah?



It'll probably be 100 bucks, but these million publishing figures go on clearance a lot of times.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1619593)
Posted by Cobotron on November 4th, 2014 @ 10:53am CST
mooncake623 wrote:
Cobotron wrote:Ya know, Nightbeat is my first experience with this mold and I really like him.
I agree he does have a ton of issues and the whole "gun thing", but there is something to be said for it's simplicity and efficiency. And it is just a really cool muscle car in alt mode.

I am really into Go Shooter's retro-ness. That deco is so cheesy and awesome.
This guy is an exclusive of sorts right?
So it will probably come with a high price tag, yeah?



It'll probably be 100 bucks, but these million publishing figures go on clearance a lot of times.


DOH! :shock:
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1619601)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on November 4th, 2014 @ 11:23am CST
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooh!! Pretty!
Not
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1619608)
Posted by Bounti76 on November 4th, 2014 @ 12:18pm CST
I can understand the the blue piece on the front door/fender is unpaintable plastic, but why not make it white plastic instead of blue? It sticks out too much.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1619609)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 4th, 2014 @ 12:30pm CST
Bounti76 wrote:I can understand the the blue piece on the front door/fender is unpaintable plastic, but why not make it white plastic instead of blue? It sticks out too much.
It's on the same sprue as as his lower torso and waist, which need to be blue.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1619615)
Posted by gothsaurus on November 4th, 2014 @ 12:57pm CST
*covers blue with black and white stickers*
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1619622)
Posted by shajaki on November 4th, 2014 @ 1:46pm CST
the more i see this obscure lil fella, the more i like em. on sale, he will be mine.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1619630)
Posted by Optimizzy on November 4th, 2014 @ 2:10pm CST
I like this. But the price tag will probably cause me to skip it :(
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1619669)
Posted by Skywarp64 on November 4th, 2014 @ 5:33pm CST
Still pisses me off that this guy beat out characters I've actually heard of, like Alpha Trion.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1619677)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 4th, 2014 @ 6:52pm CST
If it was possible to convert the mold to an actual headmaster, this would have rock 100x more!
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1619681)
Posted by Optimizzy on November 4th, 2014 @ 7:13pm CST
Skywarp64 wrote:Still pisses me off that this guy beat out characters I've actually heard of, like Alpha Trion.

Well the people doing the voting probably were familiar. But I did wish to see an alpha trion that wasn't a botcon release or a club exclusive.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1619682)
Posted by shajaki on November 4th, 2014 @ 7:17pm CST
Optimizzy wrote:
Skywarp64 wrote:Still pisses me off that this guy beat out characters I've actually heard of, like Alpha Trion.

Well the people doing the voting probably were familiar. But I did wish to see an alpha trion that wasn't a botcon release or a club exclusive.
maybe we'll get a new A3 through the next botcon. they were doing previous exclusive "redux" this year.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1619696)
Posted by ausbot on November 4th, 2014 @ 8:49pm CST
I liked the Fallen from the list, A combiner Fallen would have been interesting.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1619745)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 5th, 2014 @ 12:34am CST
fenrir72 wrote:If it was possible to convert the mold to an actual headmaster, this would have rock 100x more!
But he's already got his Headmaster Junior partner as a gun/Godmaster Junior.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1619765)
Posted by bvzxa on November 5th, 2014 @ 2:36am CST
So far I got Generations Artfire that was on clearance...now he's gone back up.

Don't sleep on these too much as they do go on clearance and then they will disappear.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1619793)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 5th, 2014 @ 6:19am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:If it was possible to convert the mold to an actual headmaster, this would have rock 100x more!
But he's already got his Headmaster Junior partner as a gun/Godmaster Junior.


"Targetmaster" to be exact.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1619809)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 5th, 2014 @ 7:39am CST
fenrir72 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:If it was possible to convert the mold to an actual headmaster, this would have rock 100x more!
But he's already got his Headmaster Junior partner as a gun/Godmaster Junior.


"Targetmaster" to be exact.
Surprisingly, the bio refers to Shuta as a "Godmaster Junior" instead of a Targetmaster.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1619833)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 5th, 2014 @ 9:41am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:If it was possible to convert the mold to an actual headmaster, this would have rock 100x more!
But he's already got his Headmaster Junior partner as a gun/Godmaster Junior.


"Targetmaster" to be exact.
Surprisingly, the bio refers to Shuta as a "Godmaster Junior" instead of a Targetmaster.


That's confusing indeed. 8-} Shota transforms into a weapon, naturally correlated as Targetmaster no? Godmasters are the "engine" or did another retcon just occur?
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1619836)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 5th, 2014 @ 9:50am CST
fenrir72 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:If it was possible to convert the mold to an actual headmaster, this would have rock 100x more!
But he's already got his Headmaster Junior partner as a gun/Godmaster Junior.


"Targetmaster" to be exact.
Surprisingly, the bio refers to Shuta as a "Godmaster Junior" instead of a Targetmaster.


That's confusing indeed. 8-} Shota transforms into a weapon, naturally correlated as Targetmaster no? Godmasters are the "engine" or did another retcon just occur?


Godmasters and Headmaster Jrs. may differ in the mystic side of things, what both have done however is eventually give their Transtectors proper life. To make things easier to organise I'm guessing GoShooter was reclassified as a Godmaster.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1619839)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 5th, 2014 @ 9:57am CST
fenrir72 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:If it was possible to convert the mold to an actual headmaster, this would have rock 100x more!
But he's already got his Headmaster Junior partner as a gun/Godmaster Junior.


"Targetmaster" to be exact.
Surprisingly, the bio refers to Shuta as a "Godmaster Junior" instead of a Targetmaster.


That's confusing indeed. 8-} Shota transforms into a weapon, naturally correlated as Targetmaster no? Godmasters are the "engine" or did another retcon just occur?
I think they might be going for the helicopter vehicle mode being his primary altmode, with the gun mode being an extra form to allow him to work better with Goshooter.
Re: Million Publishing Generations Shouki Gun Mode revealed (1619874)
Posted by zodconvoy on November 5th, 2014 @ 11:57am CST
shajaki wrote:the more i see this obscure lil fella, the more i like em. on sale, he will be mine.


Skywarp64 wrote:Still pisses me off that this guy beat out characters I've actually heard of, like Alpha Trion.


It's Siren, Nightbeat's fellow Headmaster and partner who YELLS ALL THE TIME UNCONTROLLABLY. And I would have preferred the Silverbolt myself but that's life.

Click here to view an additional 21 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014