Transformers News: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 Exclusive Revealed - Shouki with Targetmaster Daniel

Thursday, May 8th, 2014 8:27AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 11,586

Amazon Japan has revealed the exclusive for Million Publishing's Transformers Generations 2014 Vol. 1, Shouki! Shouki, a member of the Raiden trainbots, is redeco of Classics Deluxe Astrotrain and will also come with a Targetmaster redeco of the Power Core Combiner Minicon Groundspike. Check out the small image mirrored below:

Transformers News: Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1

Update: Million Publishing/Hero-X have posted official images of Shouki and revealed the identity of his Targetmaster, Daniel. Like their previous exclusives these guys will be mail-away images. Additional details can be found by clicking here.

Transformers News: Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1

Transformers News: Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1

Transformers News: Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1

Transformers News: Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1

Transformers News: Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1

Transformers News: Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1
Credit(s): Amazon Japan, Million Publishing
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 Exclusive Revealed - Shouki with Targetmaster Daniel (1572196)
Posted by Seibertron on May 8th, 2014 @ 8:33am CDT
I want to like it. I like the idea. I think I could be behind it more if it had a new head. Targetmaster Daniel is very oddly colored. I would have liked it more had it stuck to the Targetmaster color pattern of the originals with red and black.
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 Exclusive Revealed - Shouki with Targetmaster Daniel (1572197)
Posted by Stormrider on May 8th, 2014 @ 8:34am CDT
Hmmm... that's an interesting exclusive. I wish I knew more about the train bots and it's too bad that there is only one train mold right now, so I don't think we will ever see the other team members.
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 Exclusive Revealed - Shouki with Targetmaster Daniel (1572200)
Posted by El Duque on May 8th, 2014 @ 8:36am CDT
Nope.
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 Exclusive Revealed - Shouki with Targetmaster Daniel (1572205)
Posted by Seibertron on May 8th, 2014 @ 8:50am CDT
It definitely needs the head. Without the proper head crest, it just looks like Astrotrain. Here are some images of G1 Shouki from my gallery for those of you not familiar with this Japanese exclusive character.

Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 Exclusive Revealed - Shouki with Targetmaster Daniel (1572209)
Posted by Emerje on May 8th, 2014 @ 8:58am CDT
I wonder how they'll explain his Decepticon shuttle mode. Guess he's joining the ranks of Doublespies now.

Emerje
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 Exclusive Revealed - Shouki with Targetmaster Daniel (1572211)
Posted by shajaki on May 8th, 2014 @ 8:59am CDT
Stormrider wrote:I wish I knew more about the train bots and it's too bad that there is only one train mold right now, so I don't think we will ever see the other team members.
same. i dont know anything about the character... but why would he have a decepticon symbol in shuttle mode?
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 Exclusive Revealed - Shouki with Targetmaster Daniel (1572213)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2014 @ 9:07am CDT

And Targetmaster Daniel?!!! I'm just... lost for words. It's too much. Shouki alone was cool enough, but their inclusion of a Targetmaster Daniel of all things is too much goodness.

And yet, this is another beautiful Million Publishing exclusive I'll probably never get to own (because they're always so expensive).
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 Exclusive Revealed - Shouki with Targetmaster Daniel (1572220)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 8th, 2014 @ 9:22am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:You guys are killing the mood for me. THAT IS WONDERFUL! New head or not, I am not gonna be picky about this. None of the Million Publishing exclusives have been remolds, so this is no different.

Hold the phone guys, it's a dual homage! It not only homages Shouki, but the shuttle mode and Mini-Con reference the Thunder Arrow and its pilot, aka Skystalker and his Space Shuttle:

And I must say, using Groundspike as a bow and as a pantograph is really clever. I'm sold :x
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 Exclusive Revealed - Shouki with Targetmaster Daniel (1572224)
Posted by ausbot on May 8th, 2014 @ 9:33am CDT
I love this, this will be the first million publishing exclusive I actively seek out.
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 Exclusive Revealed - Shouki with Targetmaster Daniel (1572225)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2014 @ 9:33am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 Exclusive Revealed - Shouki with Targetmaster Daniel (1572229)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 8th, 2014 @ 9:44am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Million Publishing, why do you torture me with your expensive levels of awesomeness?

I shouldn't tell you this but... I've done some digging and Skystalker has no counterpart in Japanese fiction. This opens up possibilities:

- Skystalker's toy is unnamed in Japan, never got a representation in the Victory cartoon or manga while his ship did.
- Victory/Zone saw the trainbots reissued
- In 2025, Daniel would be approximately 27 (Japan age) or 32 (US age), given his age of 12 in Season 3 or TF:2010
- His father Spike was one of the main guys behind the "-master" process.

How will we connect the dots?
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 Exclusive Revealed - Shouki with Targetmaster Daniel (1572232)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2014 @ 9:50am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

- Victory/Zone saw the trainbots reissued
- His father Spike was one of the main guys behind the "-master" process.

How will we connect the dots?
You should see the arguments that have gone on over at the Wiki to make Skystalker and the nameless pilot into the same person. :roll:
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 Exclusive Revealed - Shouki with Targetmaster Daniel (1572235)
Posted by ILL-Star on May 8th, 2014 @ 10:00am CDT
Finally, a different character using this mold. I was so tired of seeing Astrotrain. He is very nice. The blue is very clean and sleek looking. Never heard of the character so not having a new head isn't bothersome. Especially because I'll never get this. Would not have minded this being a Botcon figure. I'm still disappointed that the club never gave us Wings Universe Blast Off.
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 Exclusive Revealed - Shouki with Targetmaster Daniel (1572240)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2014 @ 10:21am CDT

Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 Exclusive Revealed - Shouki with Targetmaster Daniel (1572242)
Posted by Seibertron on May 8th, 2014 @ 10:30am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Man, the more I look at this thing, the more I can't believe how clever it is. You got the character of Shouki to make sense of the Train Mode, Daniel as his Targetmaster since he was the main human in The Headmasters, the Shuttle Mode is made into the Thunder Arrow with Shouki and Daniel going undercover, Daniel in in his Excel Suit (Exosuit) colored like the Thunder Arrow's pilot to better the disguise, and Daniel uses the Groundspike mold that turns into a bow as a play on the ship's name of "Thunder Arrow".

That all might work for you, but it turns me off even more about this.
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 Exclusive Revealed - Shouki with Targetmaster Daniel (1572244)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2014 @ 10:35am CDT
Seibertron wrote:That all might work for you, but it turns me off even more about this.
This is no different than the kind of crazy homage stuff that the Club and e-HOBBY do. It's obviously aimed at fans of the Japanese G1 cartoons. Of course it's not gonna appeal to the masses.
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 Exclusive Revealed - Shouki with Targetmaster Daniel (1572248)
Posted by Diem on May 8th, 2014 @ 10:36am CDT
It's an interesting idea but definitely isn't worth the hoops needed to jump through to get a Million figure.
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 Exclusive Revealed - Shouki with Targetmaster Daniel (1572251)
Posted by Mkall on May 8th, 2014 @ 10:43am CDT
I love this.

I'm buying this.
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 Exclusive Revealed - Shouki with Targetmaster Daniel (1572253)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 8th, 2014 @ 10:48am CDT

All I see is:

- Shouki
- Thunder Arrow homage
- Skystalker homage

Nothing else. >:oP
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 Exclusive Revealed - Shouki with Targetmaster Daniel (1572257)
Posted by Seibertron on May 8th, 2014 @ 10:56am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

I think you aimed this at the wrong person. I'm a massive fan of the Japanese G1 cartoons. It's part of why I started Seibertron.com. I had bootleg tapes of the Japanese cartoons a decade or more before they came out on DVD overseas. Masterforce is my all-time favorite Transformers cartoon followed by Headmasters or Victory.

The crazy homage stuff that the Club and e-Hobby do doesn't always work for me either. There are a lot better choices and better ways to implement this stuff. Poor decisions don't always need to be rationalized. Still doesn't work for me.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering