Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1

Transformers News: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1

Friday, May 2nd, 2014 10:59AM CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Movie News, Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 50,382

Million Publishing has announced Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1. This volume will cover:

• 30th Anniversary Brand Retrospective
  • Hasbro and Takara Tomy's Transformers: Age of Extinction/Lost Age Figures
  • Hasbro and Takara Tomy's Beast Hunters/Transformers Go! Figures
  • Special Look at Grimlock figures through the franchise
  • Interviews with Japanese voice actors Yoku Shioya (Bumblebee) and Osamu Saka (Wheeljack)
  • War Train Comic by Yuki Ohshima
  • Controverse Comic by Hirofumi Ichikawa

This volume will be released on May 16th. Check out the small sample images below:

Transformers News: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1

Transformers News: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1

Transformers News: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1
Credit(s): Million Publishing

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 (1570796)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 2nd, 2014 @ 11:37am CDT
Those two manga stories are what I'm looking forward to.
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 (1570937)
Posted by triKlops on May 2nd, 2014 @ 6:09pm CDT
Nice; I have been looking forward to this.
Any sale links from our sponsors??
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 (1570939)
Posted by Seibertron on May 2nd, 2014 @ 6:12pm CDT
triKlops wrote:Nice; I have been looking forward to this.
Any sale links from our sponsors??

HLJ has it available at http://www.hlj.com/product/TYT02243/Sci
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 (1570964)
Posted by triKlops on May 2nd, 2014 @ 9:17pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
triKlops wrote:Nice; I have been looking forward to this.
Any sale links from our sponsors??

HLJ has it available at http://www.hlj.com/product/TYT02243/Sci

And ordered; thanks Seibs! ;)^
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 (1571129)
Posted by Shockwave7 on May 3rd, 2014 @ 3:12pm CDT
Am I the only one who thinks this new Transformers "logo" stinks?

Seriously - what IS that mess? Do they think this plain font is somehow bold and sassy?

Thumbs DOWN. Hasbro, if you're floating this logo with the movie toy packaging to try and replace the existing logo for ALL the toy lines - DON'T.
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 (1571219)
Posted by Stormrider on May 4th, 2014 @ 8:34am CDT
I always look forward to getting this each year. The pictures are excellent and it's a great reference for the year.
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 (1572191)
Posted by El Duque on May 8th, 2014 @ 8:19am CDT
Amazon Japan has revealed the exclusive for Million Publishing's Transformers Generations 2014 Vol. 1, Shouki! Shouki, a member of the Raiden trainbots, is redeco of Classics Deluxe Astrotrain and will also come with a Targetmaster redeco of the Power Core Combiner Minicon Groundspike. Check out the small image mirrored below:

Update: Million Publishing/Hero-X have posted official images of Shouki and revealed the identity of his Targetmaster, Daniel. Like their previous exclusives these guys will be mail-away images. Additional details can be found by clicking here.

Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 (1572196)
Posted by Seibertron on May 8th, 2014 @ 8:33am CDT
I want to like it. I like the idea. I think I could be behind it more if it had a new head. Targetmaster Daniel is very oddly colored. I would have liked it more had it stuck to the Targetmaster color pattern of the originals with red and black.
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 (1572197)
Posted by Stormrider on May 8th, 2014 @ 8:34am CDT
Hmmm... that's an interesting exclusive. I wish I knew more about the train bots and it's too bad that there is only one train mold right now, so I don't think we will ever see the other team members.
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 (1572200)
Posted by El Duque on May 8th, 2014 @ 8:36am CDT
Nope.
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 (1572205)
Posted by Seibertron on May 8th, 2014 @ 8:50am CDT
It definitely needs the head. Without the proper head crest, it just looks like Astrotrain. Here are some images of G1 Shouki from my gallery for those of you not familiar with this Japanese exclusive character.

Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 (1572209)
Posted by Emerje on May 8th, 2014 @ 8:58am CDT
I wonder how they'll explain his Decepticon shuttle mode. Guess he's joining the ranks of Doublespies now.

Emerje
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 (1572211)
Posted by shajaki on May 8th, 2014 @ 8:59am CDT
Stormrider wrote:I wish I knew more about the train bots and it's too bad that there is only one train mold right now, so I don't think we will ever see the other team members.
same. i dont know anything about the character... but why would he have a decepticon symbol in shuttle mode?
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 (1572213)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2014 @ 9:07am CDT

And Targetmaster Daniel?!!! I'm just... lost for words. It's too much. Shouki alone was cool enough, but their inclusion of a Targetmaster Daniel of all things is too much goodness.

And yet, this is another beautiful Million Publishing exclusive I'll probably never get to own (because they're always so expensive).
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 (1572220)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 8th, 2014 @ 9:22am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:You guys are killing the mood for me. THAT IS WONDERFUL! New head or not, I am not gonna be picky about this. None of the Million Publishing exclusives have been remolds, so this is no different.

Hold the phone guys, it's a dual homage! It not only homages Shouki, but the shuttle mode and Mini-Con reference the Thunder Arrow and its pilot, aka Skystalker and his Space Shuttle:

And I must say, using Groundspike as a bow and as a pantograph is really clever. I'm sold :x
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 (1572224)
Posted by ausbot on May 8th, 2014 @ 9:33am CDT
I love this, this will be the first million publishing exclusive I actively seek out.
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 (1572225)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2014 @ 9:33am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 (1572229)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 8th, 2014 @ 9:44am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Million Publishing, why do you torture me with your expensive levels of awesomeness?

I shouldn't tell you this but... I've done some digging and Skystalker has no counterpart in Japanese fiction. This opens up possibilities:

- Skystalker's toy is unnamed in Japan, never got a representation in the Victory cartoon or manga while his ship did.
- Victory/Zone saw the trainbots reissued
- In 2025, Daniel would be approximately 27 (Japan age) or 32 (US age), given his age of 12 in Season 3 or TF:2010
- His father Spike was one of the main guys behind the "-master" process.

How will we connect the dots?
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 (1572232)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2014 @ 9:50am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

- Victory/Zone saw the trainbots reissued
- His father Spike was one of the main guys behind the "-master" process.

How will we connect the dots?
You should see the arguments that have gone on over at the Wiki to make Skystalker and the nameless pilot into the same person. :roll:
Re: Million Publishing Transformers Generation 2014 Vol.1 (1572235)
Posted by ILL-Star on May 8th, 2014 @ 10:00am CDT
Finally, a different character using this mold. I was so tired of seeing Astrotrain. He is very nice. The blue is very clean and sleek looking. Never heard of the character so not having a new head isn't bothersome. Especially because I'll never get this. Would not have minded this being a Botcon figure. I'm still disappointed that the club never gave us Wings Universe Blast Off.

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-29 Shockwave Laserwave Action Figure G1+COIN - Time Remaining: 8 days 27 minutes 39 seconds
TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE SDCC SOUNDWAVE 4 TAPES MISB - Time Remaining: 2 days 13 hours 3 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Wave Blackjack - Time Remaining: 3 days 38 minutes 19 seconds
New Transformers Movie advanced EX Sideswipe with Mini-Con Divebomb Figure JP - Time Remaining: 7 days 22 hours 23 minutes 19 seconds
TAKARA TRANSFORMERS Binaltech BT-16 SKIDS bB XVersion FIGURE NOT KO VER, - Time Remaining: 8 days 5 hours 55 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Wave Skywarp - Time Remaining: 1 day 23 hours 25 minutes 9 seconds
QC Hasbro Transformers G1 CUSTOM DEVASTATOR Super-Posable - Needs painting - Time Remaining: 1 day 16 hours 57 minutes 36 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Rotf Deep Desert BRAWL Complete Hasbro 2007 Decepticon Tank figure - Time Remaining: 7 days 23 hours 27 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016