More Details on Transformers Legends Mobile Device Card Battler

Transformers News: More Details on Transformers Legends Mobile Device Card Battler

Saturday, September 1st, 2012 2:28PM CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 34,858

Gaming site Kotaku gives us a look at a few of the cards from the upcoming Transformes Legends (previously announced as Transformers Mobile) mobile device card battler from ngmoco.

Additionally thygriever of fellow Transformers fan site TFW2005 was on hand at PAX Prime this weekend, and has provided the following run down:

thygriever wrote:
  • Single player lets you pick a side Autobot or Decepticon to start out your deck. However on the cybertron mission map you can play as either Autobot or Decepticon. The interface for the map and the menu look very slick.
  • You can collect cards for both factions and they can be mixed and matched for multiplayer.
  • Looks like for missions, you can only use the type of card for that faction's missions.
  • You collect cards playing "tap" mini games. Tapping the enemy gives you energon/money, not sure if there's a difference. Or occasionally a card. There is a completion meter on top to show your progress (presumably to repeat a mission to get all the items).
  • Rare cards are basically rare drops, a percentage.
  • He showed me his STACKED deck of cards (well he is the dev!), basically showed me the best cards like my favorite art which was robot mode Grimlock, which looked amazingggg. It seems every transformer has 2 cards, 1 for each mode.
  • When you view your cards, the card image moves based on your tilt to give a cool motion effect. The presentation of the card/art really makes a big difference.
  • You can EQUIP weapons you get to any robot. Basically he showed me his Grimlock had Optimus Prime's powerful rifle, to make him even stronger. Mix and match.
  • You can upgrade all cards. He showed me Grimlock's card when clicked had a bunch of upgrade slots. Not sure what the upgrades were exactly.
  • My biggest concern was the IPA. He told me it was basically more energy (or energon) to play more games. Obviously for a game like this, the money maker is to buy more play time to collect more cards.
  • There's also some kind of "space bridge" function that you can collect something to complete it or buy parts of it. I think he said completing it gives you a rare card.

Re: ngmoco Reveals Transformers Card Battler

Re: ngmoco Reveals Transformers Card Battler

Re: ngmoco Reveals Transformers Card Battler

Re: ngmoco Reveals Transformers Card Battler

Re: ngmoco Reveals Transformers Card Battler

Re: ngmoco Reveals Transformers Card Battler
Credit(s): Kotaku, TFW2005 user thygriever

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: More Details on Transformers Legends Mobile Device Card Battler (1415862)
Posted by philipjreed on September 1st, 2012 @ 6:34pm CDT
Gorgeous artwork! That Bombshell image is my favorite of the bunch.
Re: More Details on Transformers Legends Mobile Device Card Battler (1415872)
Posted by KNM2012 on September 1st, 2012 @ 7:05pm CDT
Quite honestly... I am actually wishing that this was an actual CCG/TCG and not a virtual one. Simply because the art looks great, and would have made a great game for me (at least) have collected.

But since it is not, and I am still around in the fold by the time it arrives... I may still get it for the sake of playing (when I have the time to play it). :-?
Re: More Details on Transformers Legends Mobile Device Card Battler (1415875)
Posted by Blackstreak on September 1st, 2012 @ 7:14pm CDT
In my experience w/ online card games, you will have an energy bar that is used up as you play matches whether pve or pvp. Here it's called IPA.

The space bridge is basically a crafting feature where components collected in the games can be used to craft a special card or item. Some of them will be harder to get than others.

I hope this gets released on more than just mobile devices. I don't do games on mobile devices but I will on my computer. Looks amazing so far.
Re: More Details on Transformers Legends Mobile Device Card Battler (1415876)
Posted by DevastaTTor on September 1st, 2012 @ 7:14pm CDT
Re: More Details on Transformers Legends Mobile Device Card Battler (1415939)
Posted by Flashwave on September 1st, 2012 @ 11:33pm CDT
DevastaTTor wrote:5-10 years from now, if Hasbro decides to reset the Classics line like they do with Star Wars figures every few years, I hope the figures and box art look like this!

Funny you mention that, i was just noticing how much STreak and Smoke look like their Classic forms,mwith just enough artistic detailing to make them look really cool. I like this style.
Re: More Details on Transformers Legends Mobile Device Card Battler (1415944)
Posted by KNM2012 on September 1st, 2012 @ 11:50pm CDT

So... Are you implying that they will reissue Transformers: The Movie and have Optimus Prime shoot first? ;)
Re: More Details on Transformers Legends Mobile Device Card Battler (1416104)
Posted by Seibertron on September 2nd, 2012 @ 12:24pm CDT
That's some great artwork.

Only criticism I have is the placement of Bombshell's head cannon. If I didn't know better, it looks like he's got 3 rollers on the top of his head.

Other than that, these are some beautiful pieces of artwork.
Re: More Details on Transformers Legends Mobile Device Card Battler (1416637)
Posted by Sideswipe9116 on September 4th, 2012 @ 12:19am CDT
This looks like a fun game and I can't wait till it comes out and the artwork looks Amazing :D :BOT: :KREMZEEK:
Re: More Details on Transformers Legends Mobile Device Card Battler (1426203)
Posted by El Duque on October 3rd, 2012 @ 11:40am CDT
The official Transformers facebook page gives us a sneak peek at Megatron, Razorclaw, and Warpath from the upcoming Transformers: Legends mobile device game. Check out the mirrored images below.

[quote]TRANSFORMERS: Legends is the a new FREE GAME for your mobile device! We got a sneak peek at Megatron, Razorclaw and Warpath in their alternate & robot forms! Coming Fall 2012. PRE-REGISTER at http://transformers-legends.com/[/quote]

Re: More Details on Transformers Legends Mobile Device Card Battler (1426214)
Posted by FracturedKoi on October 3rd, 2012 @ 12:12pm CDT
Oh I LIKE that Megatron!
Re: More Details on Transformers Legends Mobile Device Card Battler (1426216)
Posted by Mindmaster on October 3rd, 2012 @ 12:14pm CDT
Now if Hasbro/Takara can get a Megatron to look exactly like that. That would be an instant bought from, like, THE ENTIRE PLANET.
Re: More Details on Transformers Legends Mobile Device Card Battler (1426218)
Posted by mattwhite924 on October 3rd, 2012 @ 12:16pm CDT
That may be the best Megatron alt-mode I've seen. It just looks perfect.
Re: More Details on Transformers Legends Mobile Device Card Battler (1426234)
Posted by griftimus prime on October 3rd, 2012 @ 12:53pm CDT
well its cool art
Re: More Details on Transformers Legends Mobile Device Card Battler (1426259)
Posted by Megazarak on October 3rd, 2012 @ 1:45pm CDT
If they ever make another MP Megatron (which they probably will), they should make it of this guy. That is a really cool reimagining of what G1 Megatron could look like.
Re: More Details on Transformers Legends Mobile Device Card Battler (1426265)
Posted by DesertKing on October 3rd, 2012 @ 1:59pm CDT
The Megatron artwork is nice..... but I don't see how it can transform into a tank. :-?
Re: More Details on Transformers Legends Mobile Device Card Battler (1426287)
Posted by triKlops on October 3rd, 2012 @ 2:38pm CDT
pretty fresh artwork
the game looks more intriguing
Re: More Details on Transformers Legends Mobile Device Card Battler (1426346)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on October 3rd, 2012 @ 4:36pm CDT
I can't seem to sign up on that site, it won't do anything when I click the Android option.

Would love a new TF game on my phone.
Re: More Details on Transformers Legends Mobile Device Card Battler (1426415)
Posted by Sodan-1 on October 3rd, 2012 @ 7:50pm CDT
Megatron and Razorclaw have great designs, but all three are equally great pieces of artwork.
Re: More Details on Transformers Legends Mobile Device Card Battler (1426786)
Posted by TulioDude on October 4th, 2012 @ 2:23pm CDT
I always though that Megatron looked great as a tank.
Re: More Details on Transformers Legends Mobile Device Card Battler (1436927)
Posted by El Duque on November 4th, 2012 @ 6:49am CST
Pre-registration is now available for the free Transformers mobile game, TRANSFORMERS: Legends. Click here to get signed up.

[quote]Pick Your Faction! Would you side with the Autobots or the Decepticons? Choose your side in TRANSFORMERS: Legends, the FREE mobile game! Pre-register at http://transformers-legends.com/[/quote]

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #142 - Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One
"Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One"
Posted: Sunday, April 17th, 2016