Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

More Images of Kabaya Gaia Cross Update: Now With Combined Mode Images

Transformers News: More Images of  Kabaya Gaia Cross Update: Now With Combined Mode Images

Saturday, April 23rd, 2011 1:56PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 28,310

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

If the first in hand images of Kabaya's Gaia Cross set left you a little underwhelmed maybe these images from Alfes 2010's blog will change your mind. He's applied their stickers and photographed them in a more flattering manner. Below are a few of his mirrored images.

To visit his gallery click here.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Credit(s): Alfes 2010
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: More Images of Kabaya Gaia Cross Update: Now With Combined Mode Images (1212999)
Posted by Burn on April 23rd, 2011 @ 4:23pm CDT
Still a pass.

Though the tank dude is pretty mean looking.
Re: More Images of Kabaya Gaia Cross Update: Now With Combined Mode Images (1213001)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 23rd, 2011 @ 4:25pm CDT
I'm getting a strong Brave Series vibe from them. Anybody else?
Re: More Images of Kabaya Gaia Cross Update: Now With Combined Mode Images (1213007)
Posted by Galvatron X on April 23rd, 2011 @ 4:53pm CDT
Hey, could someone explain to me what these things are?

Are they in packs of candy, and you can collect them all to make a combiner?

Are these official TFs? Why are they made by this "Kabaya" company?


Sorry for all the questions...I really would like to know!
Re: More Images of Kabaya Gaia Cross Update: Now With Combined Mode Images (1213014)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 23rd, 2011 @ 5:20pm CDT
Galvatron X wrote:Hey, could someone explain to me what these things are?

Are they in packs of candy, and you can collect them all to make a combiner?

Are these official TFs? Why are they made by this "Kabaya" company?


Sorry for all the questions...I really would like to know!


These are little plastic model kits akin to the Candy Toys that Bandai makes for Sentai and Kamen Rider. They do come with some sort of candy tablet. Kabaya has made these type of kits for Takara since the 80's but have made their own converting kits along the way too. This is one of those sets.
Re: More Images of Kabaya Gaia Cross Update: Now With Combined Mode Images (1213047)
Posted by Mykltron on April 23rd, 2011 @ 7:09pm CDT
El Duque wrote:If the first in hand images of Kabaya's Gaia Cross set left you a little underwhelmed maybe these images from Alfes 2010's blog will change your mind.


No. It looks awful however you look at it. I don't think I've ever seen such a bad looking transformer type toy. If they were given to me I'd have a hard time displaying them.

How much will they cost?
Re: More Images of Kabaya Gaia Cross Update: Now With Combined Mode Images (1213057)
Posted by zingoz15 on April 23rd, 2011 @ 7:43pm CDT
I kinda like these guys. :shock: (i know, shocking right) I mean they are only $25 through HLJ. Not to mention they also combine into gaicross AND combine energon style. 8)

P.S. these figures are based on the landcross figure from victory. :-B
Re: More Images of Kabaya Gaia Cross Update: Now With Combined Mode Images (1213134)
Posted by Captziltoid on April 24th, 2011 @ 2:46am CDT
th entire thing looks cool eccept for the one dude that has the combiners helmet just sittin there on top. probably will be getting still. haha
Re: More Images of Kabaya Gaia Cross Update: Now With Combined Mode Images (1213144)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 24th, 2011 @ 4:04am CDT
dragons wrote:
Posted by Counterpunch on April 17th, 2011 @ 4:45pm CDT

Burn wrote:
ehhhhh as much as I love Kabaya's stuff, these don't interest me. *cancels pre-order*

Same here, these came out looking really bad.


yeah same here preorderd cancealed today look like knockoff very cheap looking they dont look size of an original micromaster not impressive looking dissapointed with this set in how they look


Well, you can't really expect much from candy toys now, can you?
Re: More Images of Kabaya Gaia Cross Update: Now With Combined Mode Images (1213149)
Posted by Burn on April 24th, 2011 @ 4:36am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Well, you can't really expect much from candy toys now, can you?


Considering the other three waves (the ones with at least one Convoy) are all awesome, yes I can expect much from them!
Re: More Images of Kabaya Gaia Cross Update: Now With Combined Mode Images (1213184)
Posted by Flux Convoy on April 24th, 2011 @ 7:34am CDT
I'm diggin' it. Much better with the stickers applied although I'd support the more plastic feeling stickers from Reprolabels for this (if they were to offer a set) over these which look to be paper ones.
:BOT:
Re: More Images of Kabaya Gaia Cross Update: Now With Combined Mode Images (1213347)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 24th, 2011 @ 4:05pm CDT
Burn wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Well, you can't really expect much from candy toys now, can you?


Considering the other three waves (the ones with at least one Convoy) are all awesome, yes I can expect much from them!

Although the '80s kits that where pretty much just down sized G1 toys are cooler than those.

But my god, this is the ugliest TF I have ever seen, it lets Armada Sideswipe look good.
Re: More Images of Kabaya Gaia Cross Update: Now With Combined Mode Images (1239302)
Posted by Flux Convoy on June 14th, 2011 @ 11:22am CDT
I'm in the process of putting these guys together and stickering them up. I quite like them and the stickers help to break up the much of the "sameness" I'm about halfway through and building them all seems to be the same process with a different vehicle piece at the end. That's what is making me call it quits for today. I'm simply bored lol. Having just completed a collection of combiners, I felt it was necessary to get these too. Fair warning though. These are less transforming toys than they are rearranging parts. Neat little things for cheap though.
:BOT:
Re: More Images of Kabaya Gaia Cross Update: Now With Combined Mode Images (1239879)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 14th, 2011 @ 11:20pm CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:I'm in the process of putting these guys together and stickering them up. I quite like them and the stickers help to break up the much of the "sameness" I'm about halfway through and building them all seems to be the same process with a different vehicle piece at the end. That's what is making me call it quits for today. I'm simply bored lol. Having just completed a collection of combiners, I felt it was necessary to get these too. Fair warning though. These are less transforming toys than they are rearranging parts. Neat little things for cheap though.
:BOT:


I have him, the recent two Gum TF waves, and two sentai sets to build. I'll get to them, eventually.
Re: More Images of Kabaya Gaia Cross Update: Now With Combined Mode Images (1239892)
Posted by Flux Convoy on June 14th, 2011 @ 11:28pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:I'm in the process of putting these guys together and stickering them up. I quite like them and the stickers help to break up the much of the "sameness" I'm about halfway through and building them all seems to be the same process with a different vehicle piece at the end. That's what is making me call it quits for today. I'm simply bored lol. Having just completed a collection of combiners, I felt it was necessary to get these too. Fair warning though. These are less transforming toys than they are rearranging parts. Neat little things for cheap though.
:BOT:


I have him, the recent two Gum TF waves, and two sentai sets to build. I'll get to them, eventually.

I'm having a tough time finding the Super Ginrai for a decent price. I have God Bomber but no Ginrai to stick him on. :(
:BOT:
Re: More Images of Kabaya Gaia Cross Update: Now With Combined Mode Images (1239910)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 14th, 2011 @ 11:54pm CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:I'm in the process of putting these guys together and stickering them up. I quite like them and the stickers help to break up the much of the "sameness" I'm about halfway through and building them all seems to be the same process with a different vehicle piece at the end. That's what is making me call it quits for today. I'm simply bored lol. Having just completed a collection of combiners, I felt it was necessary to get these too. Fair warning though. These are less transforming toys than they are rearranging parts. Neat little things for cheap though.
:BOT:


I have him, the recent two Gum TF waves, and two sentai sets to build. I'll get to them, eventually.

I'm having a tough time finding the Super Ginrai for a decent price. I have God Bomber but no Ginrai to stick him on. :(
:BOT:


Where do you live?
Re: More Images of Kabaya Gaia Cross Update: Now With Combined Mode Images (1240054)
Posted by Flux Convoy on June 15th, 2011 @ 9:51am CDT
Sunny Florida!
:BOT:
Re: More Images of Kabaya Gaia Cross Update: Now With Combined Mode Images (1240439)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 15th, 2011 @ 8:26pm CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:Sunny Florida!
:BOT:


I did get the case of the Candy toys. I think there's an extra PM Prime in there, if ya see where I'm going.
Re: More Images of Kabaya Gaia Cross Update: Now With Combined Mode Images (1240443)
Posted by Flux Convoy on June 15th, 2011 @ 8:34pm CDT
I'll take it, just shoot me a PM. I appreciate it :)
:BOT:
Re: More Images of Kabaya Gaia Cross Update: Now With Combined Mode Images (1240460)
Posted by Counterpunch on June 15th, 2011 @ 8:56pm CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:Sunny Florida!
:BOT:


I miss it...
Re: More Images of Kabaya Gaia Cross Update: Now With Combined Mode Images (1240464)
Posted by Flux Convoy on June 15th, 2011 @ 9:05pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:Sunny Florida!
:BOT:


I miss it...

Not right now you don't. It is a humid hell and will be for months to come. At least there should be some fantastic thunderstorms for a few months. :)
:BOT: